Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I always love when Simmons proposes mega trades and then seriously asks why stuff like this never gets done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Cody Zeller the missing piece for the cavs

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Honestly if the Hornets were gonna send anyone to the Cavs I kinda want it to be Dwight because I feel like it'd be the piece to make the Cavalier's locker room into an outright warzone.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gorelab posted:

Honestly if the Hornets were gonna send anyone to the Cavs I kinda want it to be Dwight because I feel like it'd be the piece to make the Cavalier's locker room into an outright warzone.

dwight at this point is like VI Lenin during WWI with teams trying to send him on sealed trains to foment revolution in their enemies' locker rooms

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Which teams would survive an infusion of Dwight rn? The Spurs, the warriors ? Not the thunder
As good as the rockets are bringing back the Fartmaster would instantly give both Pringles and Harden crippling cases of basketball ptsd

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Boredumb posted:

Why would the cavs do that? What the hell

The Clips just made a trade to cut money and they're hypothetically willingly taking back a bit more (35MM) than the amount they saved (34.6MM) for a fading defensive big and a shoot first PG who is putting up slightly worse numbers than the one they're giving up.

The Blazers in particular get smoked on this trade. They give up one super promising big man who probably hasn't peaked yet (Nurkic) a pretty good bench big who can start and not hurt you (Davis), another solid bench player (Aminu) and Noah Vonleh, who is a decent shooter at least, and get back an elite defensive big who probably won't get any better and is worse than the best player they're giving up (Nurkic) overall, and they also get a contract they'd immediately buy out, probably (Rose).

The Cavs get a guy who isn't as good as he used to be (Batum) at almost every facet, a center whose best feature is rebounding (Zeller) even though they're giving up someone who specializes in rebounding (Howard) and D, and a shoot first PG who will probably not struggle but probably won't work as well in Cleveland as he does elsewhere (Lou).

The Hornets are really the only team who benefit long term and that assumes they can re-sign some of the better players in the deal, like Nurkic, Thomas and Davis.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think the only entertainment I get out of Simmons trade proposals is the thought of him sitting in front of the Trade Machine making Tucker Carlson faces wondering why no team is jumping on those deals

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Which teams would survive an infusion of Dwight rn? The Spurs, the warriors ? Not the thunder
As good as the rockets are bringing back the Fartmaster would instantly give both Pringles and Harden crippling cases of basketball ptsd

the bulls are so dysfunctional that they might be immune to dwight

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Re-member when Isaiah Thomas left both the Kings and Suns with accusations of being a bad locker room presence? It took one healthy game as a Cav for him to try and turn the team against Kevin Love, who's bad defensively at center because he could never be good at center unless he was covering Steph Curry on the three point line.

Or is he misunderstood and just trying to rally the laggard Cavs like the petite Rudy-esque figure he is?

What's up with all that?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The Knicks are going rightwards. Jarrett Jack tried to give it to Kyle O'Quinn here and passed this ball out of bounds:

I hate Jarrett Jack

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Re-member when Isaiah Thomas left both the Kings and Suns with accusations of being a bad locker room presence? It took one healthy game as a Cav for him to try and turn the team against Kevin Love, who's bad defensively at center because he could never be good at center unless he was covering Steph Curry on the three point line.

Or is he misunderstood and just trying to rally the laggard Cavs like the petite Rudy-esque figure he is?

What's up with all that?

I think he's in all likelihood one of those dudes who assumes if he's producing, people around him should be able to; I think his size has made him work really hard to get where he is and he's a got a chip on his shoulder over it, and it causes him to lash out at folks if he thinks they aren't getting the job done at the level they should be.

Holmes once said once is a coincidence, twice is happenstance, three times is a pattern. Thing is, with Love being injured well past the trade deadline, if they do make a switch, it has to be Thomas or someone else who goes.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Is that a Conan Doyle quote?

I know "Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is an enemy action." is Ian Fleming. Is IT a deep cover saboteur? Probably working for the SuperSonics

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Doyle

EvanTH posted:

I know "Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is an enemy action." is Ian Fleming. Is IT a deep cover saboteur? Probably working for the SuperSonics

Doyle rules!!!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Brolander posted:

Doyle

Doyle rules!!!

specifically, the fleming quote begins 'Once is happenstance.'

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Jesus, you're right.

Not sure how I conflated the two. I am a fool. Still, I feel the rest of what i said holds water, although playing in Sactown and Phoenix these days seems kinda thankless. But I don't think the situation with Boston was amicable, either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Kings were dumb and cheap (They also let Seth Curry for nothing despite being a RFA)

The Suns were way into blow-up territory after the Morris twins and Hornaceck and all that bullshit

The situation with Boston is that Ainge doesn't want to pay IT, same with Smart.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think he's in all likelihood one of those dudes who assumes if he's producing, people around him should be able to; I think his size has made him work really hard to get where he is and he's a got a chip on his shoulder over it, and it causes him to lash out at folks if he thinks they aren't getting the job done at the level they should be.

Holmes once said once is a coincidence, twice is happenstance, three times is a pattern. Thing is, with Love being injured well past the trade deadline, if they do make a switch, it has to be Thomas or someone else who goes.

are you talking about the past situations cause IT is absolutely not producing. the cavs offense being much worse than before has a lot to do with the fact that he is stealing both lebron and kloves(rip) possessions. hes been dogshit, so if he actually thinks people need to step up to his game or something hes delusional. dudes sub .500 ts% and negative winshares on 30% usage

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if Love doesn't ask for a trade after the season is over.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Cleveland should trade LeBron and supercharge their upcoming tank with a Kings Ransom of picks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron to the rockets, imo

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I mean, Dwight isn't the major problem with the Hornets right now so much as an absolutely putrid bench.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
The Blazers give up their starting center, starting small forward, and first big off the bench for DeAndre Jordan. Lol

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ghost Dog posted:

LeBron and his friend Kevin Love to the Rockets to save him from the mean little midget

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
IT is still in training camp guys

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Lebron James sabotaged his own chances this year, by double dipping in getting all his klutch sports teammates paid. Kyrie knew he was leaving and didn't want to get stuck with a bad team for the next 6 years. Lebron's going to leave Cleveland for somewhere else and will probably get his teammates to sign with his agency again, because he likes money and power, much like Bill Gates.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

IT is still in training camp guys

its cool and probably a correct team move to have him just chuck his way back into playing shape but you dont get to play like a worse jimmer fredette and then complain about other people on your team. everyones derailing their season just to let the midget have some training wheels and then hes bitching about them doing it for him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IT left the Kings because PDA hated him for not being a pure passing guard

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
People forget that Muggsy Bogues was at best an average NBA player

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EvanTH posted:

People forget that Muggsy Bogues was at best an average NBA player

To be fair given his height that's a hell of an achievement

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Papercut posted:

The Blazers give up their starting center, starting small forward, and first big off the bench for DeAndre Jordan. Lol

If they're going to give up that much, there is no way to don't force someone to take Evan Turner.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Clips just made a trade to cut money and they're hypothetically willingly taking back a bit more (35MM) than the amount they saved (34.6MM) for a fading defensive big and a shoot first PG who is putting up slightly worse numbers than the one they're giving up.

The Blazers in particular get smoked on this trade. They give up one super promising big man who probably hasn't peaked yet (Nurkic) a pretty good bench big who can start and not hurt you (Davis), another solid bench player (Aminu) and Noah Vonleh, who is a decent shooter at least, and get back an elite defensive big who probably won't get any better and is worse than the best player they're giving up (Nurkic) overall, and they also get a contract they'd immediately buy out, probably (Rose).

The Cavs get a guy who isn't as good as he used to be (Batum) at almost every facet, a center whose best feature is rebounding (Zeller) even though they're giving up someone who specializes in rebounding (Howard) and D, and a shoot first PG who will probably not struggle but probably won't work as well in Cleveland as he does elsewhere (Lou).

The Hornets are really the only team who benefit long term and that assumes they can re-sign some of the better players in the deal, like Nurkic, Thomas and Davis.

My friend you may be vastly overrating Jusuf Nurkic.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

leftist heap posted:

My friend you may be vastly overrating Jusuf Nurkic.

It really seems to come and go for the true giant centers, they can be dominant and then they need 2 years to repair their soft tissue and do it again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

The Knicks are going rightwards. Jarrett Jack tried to give it to Kyle O'Quinn here and passed this ball out of bounds:

I hate Jarrett Jack

Jarrett Jack's offense is incredibly frustrating. He either does lovely rear end off balance floaters after dribbling for forever or does a crappy dump off that any capable PG can do.

The only reason he's not on the bench is because Horancek plays favorites and also Ron Baker and Ntilikina are incapable of dribbling confidently against NBA defenders.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

we’re so screwed

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

it seems the most logical place for him to end up, but i thought i saw somewhere that it was virtually impossible, especially since LBJ is insistent on getting a max. plus, wouldn't the rockets have to gut the team for him, including important pieces like capella?

i don't know that much on the subject, but i thought the rockets just pulled every trick in the book to assemble the team they have now? how do they leverage that into lebron, and how do they shed anderson's contract without giving away major/important pieces along with him? sure, plenty of teams are happy to tank and absorb bad contracts, but its usually for something valuable in return. the rockets' picks will be useless for the next 3 years and they don't seem to have enough trade bait

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im no cap dude but for like an in season trade(which almost certainly isnt happening but hey) they can swing it with just ryan anderson and eric gordon which seems fine? eric gordon becomes a lot less needed with lebron, and ideally lebron could play some small ball 4 anyway so ryan anderson is also less important

next season then idk, probably not without a sign and trade?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't know that much on the subject, but i thought the rockets just pulled every trick in the book to assemble the team they have now? how do they leverage that into lebron, and how do they shed anderson's contract without giving away major/important pieces along with him? sure, plenty of teams are happy to tank and absorb bad contracts, but its usually for something valuable in return. the rockets' picks will be useless for the next 3 years and they don't seem to have enough trade bait

The Rockets are actually fine this year and it didn't require any wild cap fuckery to get Chris Paul, it's next year that the pain comes because they have to pay Ariza, Capela and Crispy Paul.

I guess the argument for a LeBron trade is that he will force his way to a team by refusing to sign elsewhere, sorta like Chris Paul did. Also LeBron is the GM.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 4, 2018

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Gorelab posted:

I mean, Dwight isn't the major problem with the Hornets right now so much as an absolutely putrid bench.

Yeah, Dwight's been a plus especially considering the pile of poo poo they gave up for him. If he wasted like two fewer possessions a game on dumb post-ups and was willing to let Cody play in crunch time he'd be perfect.

They basically just needed to stay healthy and for Monk to be good and he has been really not good

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/960306769925783552

Butler, Brooks, who's the dude on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

scuz posted:

Butler, Brooks, who's the dude on the right?

Mark Wahlberg is doing research for his new movie.

• Locked thread