Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC February – No real title(s) this month

(No real thread, either)

Memento's last month’s thread is Here.

January had four UFC cards, but relatively little happened.

At Fight Night: Stevens vs. Choi, Jeremy Stevens beat up our beautiful boy for a violent second-round TKO after losing the first, Paige VanZant lost a decision to an Australian jobber with a face tattoo, Kamaru Usman looked underwhelming in victory, and Darren Elkins continued his ongoing Homer Simpson impression with a submission victory. Uriah “no J” Hall had a seizure while cutting weight, cancelling his fight with Vitor Belfort, and bringing more good evidence for the need for weight cut reform in the sport.

UFC 220 saw Stipe Miocic defeat Francis “most powerful striker in the world” Ngannou by a 50-44 fatweight gasfest margin to become the only man to defend the UFC Heavyweight championship more than twice. Daniel Cormier put away Volkan Oezdemir pretty easily to defend his title, and Gian Villante took a big poo poo in between seeing Calvin Kattar and Rob Font establish themselves as violent contenders in Featherweight and Bantamweight respectively.

The rest of the month had action. None of it was important, but some of it was cool. Fight Night Jacare vs Brunson 2 had Jacare TKO Derek Brunson, and a Gregor Gillespie established himself as a significant prospect. More importantly the card had multiple body shot KOs.

Fight Night Machida vs Anders saw several Brazillian decisions, including in the main event, and Mario Yamasaki allow Valentina Shevchenko to rack up a bloody 217-1 strike differential in her RNC choke victory over a UFC newcomer. There were some cool body shots on that card, too. Oh, and a good fight was cancelled because of a weight cutting problem, and Desmond Green lost a decision to a fighter who entered the cage 28 pounds over the divisional limit. loving fix weight cutting, people.

If someone has some gifs handy, I’ll throw them in.

February has three cards, and they’re all underwhelming as the thread title suggests.

February 11th’s UFC 221 was supposed to be Bobby Knuckles’s first title defense, but he hurt himself and now we have an interim title fight between Yoel Romero and Luke Rockhold. Mark Hunt is returning from too much brain damage to be allowed to ethically fight to face Curtis Blaydes. Heavyweight prospect Tai Tuivasa will be making an appearance, as will perennial fight of the night contender Li “The Leech” Jingliang.

February 18th has Fight Night Cowboy vs Medeiros, offering a headliner that has equal chances of being bloody loving awesome fight of the year potential or of being really depressing. Derrick “Best Social Media Presence” Lewis fights Marcin Tybura (who replaced Lewis in his last scheduled fight and lost a turd of a decision headlining what I voted for as worst card of the year). Sage Northcutt is on the card, and former Invicta champ Livia Renata Souza makes her UFC debut.

Last, on February 24 UFC on Fox Emmet vs Stephens Jeremy Stephens makes a quick turnaround to face concussion distributor Josh Emmet. This is one of those (*in Joe Rogan voice*) these guys hit so hard that someone is definitely going to sleep fights, so expect a turd of a decision as in every single time that has been said about Jeremy Stephens. The coheadliner is my girl Jessica Andrade vs also but not quite as much my girl Tecia Torres. Ovince St. Preux fights Illir Latifi in a fight which I’m amazed hasn’t already happened, and Platium Mike Perry returns to face a nobody, so that will probably produce a good KO. Renan Barao returns to face his nemesis at Bantamweight, the bathtub. There are quite a few reasonably good names on this card, actually, even if few of the fights offer obvious fireworks.

There you go – a month with three cards and not one of the organization’s 13 champs is fighting.

UFC News
Uh... Anderson Silva’s drug test results were revealed as containing piles of synthetic testosterone and other bad stuff, lining him up for an 8 year suspension.

The UFC is planning a three-superfight champion vs champion card for July, so pretty much every other card this year is going to suck in terms of titles.

A bunch of bullshit came into the news with Mayweather posting instagram vids of him playing touchbutt in an MMA cage. I didn’t watch them because I assumed they were r-word and meaningless, but people were talking about them.

Your Current Champions

Men's Heavyweight Champion - Stipe Miocic (19-2)
Stipe Miocic won the Heavyweight title in May of 2016, stopping Fabricio Verdum in front of his countrymen in a single round. He backed this feat up with another first-round stoppage of the most decorated Heavyweight of all time, Alistair Overeem, in Miocic's home town of Cleveland in September. He tied the defences record with a KO of Junior Dos Santos, and then secured it for himself with a 50-44 decision over Francis Ngannou in January at UFC 220. He looks to face Daniel Cormier in the “every champion fights every other champion” orgy in July.

Men's Light Heavyweight Champion - Daniel Cormier (19-1-(1))
Daniel Cormier won the belt initially in May of 2015 against the heavy-hitting Anthony Johnson by rear-naked choke in the third round. Cormier defended his belt against Alexander Gustaffson in October of 2015 in a split decision. A planned rematch against Jon Jones was scheduled for UFC 200, which was called off after Jones tested positive for banned substances. Cormier went on to fight Anderson Silva in a non-title bout on three days' notice. Cormier was slated to fight Anthony Johnson in a rematch for the belt in December, a match which did not took place due to Cormier suffering a groin adductor injury. The bout took place at UFC 210 in April, with Cormier defending the belt in under two rounds and Johnson riding off into the sunset with a surprise retirement. The rematch against Jon Jones finally took place at UFC 215 and Jones managed to keep his poo poo together for a grand total of 24 days. Then he tested positive for steroids and had the fight result overturned and the title stripped, and it is now back around the waist of Cool MMA Dad Daniel Cormier. Cormier's beat as Volkan "No Time" Oezdemir, at UFC 220. He next expects to face Stipe Miocic in a champions superfight in July.

Men's Middleweight Champion - Robert Whittaker (19-4)
Whittaker rode a seven-fight winning streak, including shutting down the deadly takedowns of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza to slot himself into an Interim Middleweight championship match against Yoel "Soldier of God" Romero. The canny Australian showed incredible heart in taking it to the Cuban Olympic silver medalist over five rounds, and even with a severe knee injury coming in the first he managed to outpoint his opponent to take the unanimous decision. With Georges St-Pierre vacating his belt in early December 2017, Whittaker has now been promoted to Undisputed Middleweight Champion. Having now unsuccesfully rehabilited the knee he injured in his match with Romero (correction, it's a staph infection that has him out now), he will look on from the sidelines as Yoel Romero fights for an interim title against Luke Rockhold at UFC 221 in Perth, Australia, in February 2018.

Holy poo poo there are a ton of champions.

Men's Welterweight Champion - Tyron Woodley (17-3-1)
Woodley was promised a title shot against the Welterweight champion 17 months before the fight took place. After Robbie Lawler put in Fight Of The Year performances against Rory MacDonald in July 2015 and Carlos Condit in January 2016, Woodley went into their fight in July of 2016 as a significant underdog. This meant nothing, with Lawler going down to strikes in the first round. Woodley defended his belt against Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson, putting on an incredible fight that ended in a majority draw at UFC 205 in New York in November 2016. A rematch for this fight was held in March month at UFC 209, with Woodley again the winner in a stilted affair. He defended the title again at UFC 214 in late July 2017 against Demian Maia, following a conservative but sharp gameplan that saw him stop all 22 of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace's takedown attempts. Rafael dos Anjos has been talked up as the next challenger with his decisive win over former champion Robbie Lawler, but nothing is booked at this stage, with Woodley possibly about to take time off for shoulder surgery.

Men's Lightweight Champion - Conor McGregor (21-3)
Easily beat Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 in November, becoming the first ever UFC fighter to hold the belts in two divisions at the same time. Several fights are being talked up for Conor at the moment, including Nate Diaz for the LW belt, Khabib Nurmagomedov for the LW belt and even Tyron Woodley for the WW belt. Conor has also talked about taking some time off. The featherweight title was either stripped from Conor, or he relinquished it, following the injury to Daniel Cormier leaving UFC 206 without a title fight for the main event. Conor then took a ton of time off to go fight the biggest-money boxing match of all time, and is now looking for a piece of the promotion action before coming back to MMA. Extra-curricular activities that have landed him in various types of hot water have been the order of the day for McGregor at the moment.

Interim Lightweight Champion Tony Ferguson (26-3)
Tony rode an impressive 9-win/8 bonus award UFC streak to be booked against Khabib Murmagomedov at UFC 209. Unfortunately, Khalabeeb decided he would rather get into a losing fight against a plate of tiramisu and failed to make it to the match. A match against Kevin Lee was announced for UFC 216, with Lee nearly losing to tiramisu before the weigh-in. Ferguson used superior cardio and grappling and the fact he wasn't trying to overcome a staph infection to win by triangle choke late in the 3rd round. Logic dictates his next fight will be against Conor McGregor, but logic has nothing to do with what happens next with that Irishman. Instead, he plans to fights Khabib at UFC 222 in April.

Men's Featherweight Champion - Max Holloway (19-3)
Holloway put together a 9-fight win streak, with several Performance of the Night bonuses, before answering the call to contend for the Interim Featherweight Championship at UFC 206 in December 2016. Taking out Anthony Pettis with a body kick and punches late in the third round, he has set himself up for a unification bout against Jose Aldo at UFC 212. At that event in early June 2017, he defeated Aldo in the third round with focused ground and pound, and unified the belts. Frankie Edgar was announced as Holloway's first defense, but with Edgar out with a broken face, the rematch with Jose Aldo Jr took place at UFC 218 in early December 2017. It was a carbon copy of the first match, with Aldo unable to weather the combinations of The Blessed One, being stopped in the third round. He was attached to a title defense at UFC 222 vs Frankie Edgar, which had been cancelled already due to an Edgar injury, but this time Holloway got injured, so that’s all up in the air.

Men's Bantamweight Champion - TJ Dillashaw (18-3)
When he was announced as the coach on The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption against then-champion Cody Garbrandt, the outcome was planned to be a fight between the two for Garbrandt's Bantamweight championship. While the fight between the two was originally announced for July 8 2017 at UFC 213, Garbrandt dropped out with a back injury during May, and it was re-booked for UFC 217 in November. Dillashaw started a slight underdog, but got the job done in the second round with a solid right hook and follow up ground and pound. With his second title reign starting, Dillashaw is presently attached to a superfight vs Demetrious Johnson, and not to a short-notice rematch vs Cody Garbrandt to fill out the UFC 222 card which Holloway’s injury has left barren.

Men's Flyweight Champion - Demetrious Johnson (27-2-1)
After winning the Flyweight Championship in September 2012 in a split decision against Joseph Benevidez, Johnson has amassed a 10-fight streak against the best that the division has had to offer. He has been so dominant that the UFC held an entire Ultimate Figher tournament to find his next challenger. The culmination of this was that Tim Elliott came back out of the MMA wilderness to lose a competitive match against Johnson in early December 2016. Johnson easily defended his title against Wilson Reis in April, tying the all-time title defense record held by Anderson Silva. His next was scheduled to take place at UFC 215, with Ray Borg the chosen recipient of a life-altering mauling, but Borg pulled out with an unspecified illness. This match was re-scheduled for UFC 216 on the 7th of October, which saw Johnson soundly beat Borg for four and a half rounds. The champion then casually threw his opponent over his shoulder and grabbed his arm on the way down for a submission win. With TJ Dillashaw now the Bantamweight champion, a superfight between the two for Johnson's Flyweight championship has been mooted for the fight week card in July

Women's Featherweight Champion - Cristiana Justino (19–1 (1))
With the vacating of this championship by Germaine de Randamie in May 2017, a match was set up for UFC 214 between Justino and Megan Anderson. Anderson pulled out of the fight in late June, and was replaced by current Invicta FC Bantamweight Champion Tonya Evinger. The significantly larger fighter on the day, Justino dominated a one-sided affair and won the fight in the third round with brutal knee strikes. Justino defended her championship against Holly Holm at UFC 219 in December 2017, again being the much larger fighter and keeping Holm at bay to take a comprehensive decision victory. There’s talk of her fighting Amanda Nunes in July.

Women's Bantamweight Champion - Amanda Nunes (14-4)
Nunes headlined UFC 200 in July of 2016, putting a vicious beating on Miesha Tate and securing a rear-nake choke victory in a little over three minutes. She backed this up with a brutal 48-second TKO victory against former Women's Bantamweight Champion and WMMA pioneer Rounda Rousey in late December 2016. Nunes was slated to take on Valentina Shevchenko in a rematch of their March 2016 fight, with that match being moved to UFC 215 last month. Nunes retained by a razor-thin split decision, and no future contender is announced at this stage, as consensus #1 contender Raquel Pennington is injured, though Nunes may go up to 145 to face Cyborg in a superfight which nobody asked for.

Women's Flyweight Champion - Nicco Montaño (4-2)
After amassing a 5-0 record as an amateur, Nicco turned pro in late 2015. Going 3-2 before signing up to The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion, Nicco used her tenacity and solid striking game to garner three decision wins in a row on the reality show. Originally slated to face Sijara Eubanks at the TUF Finale, she ended up taking out a hard-fought decision victory over Goon favourite Roxanne Modaferri to become the first UFC Women's Flyweight champion. No defense is announced at this stage, though pretty much everyone expects Valentina Shevchenko to get the fight shot, in which will likely be a terrifying mismatch in the challenger’s favour.

Women's Strawweight Champion - Rose Namajunas (10-3)
After cleaning out the Women's Strawweight division, Joanna Jędrzejczyk seemed to have no more mountains to conquer. After beating Michelle Waterson by rear-naked choke in April 2017, Namajunas was announced as the next contender for want of any other new challengers. In a massive upset, Namajunas beat Jędrzejczyk by TKO in the first round of their championship fight at UFC 217. She'll be giving Joanna a well-deserved dominant-champ-upset rematch at UFC 223.

Other poo poo Which I’ll fix later because I just want to get the post up
Thanks very much to LobsterMobster and Fentry for putting together the awards threads for this year. Go to the (link needed) administered by Fentry to refresh your memory on what has been considered by your fellow PSP-MMA posters as the best (and worst) of the MMA world last year.

Thanks also go to LobsterMobster for putting together both iterations of the UFC Fightpass Thread

UFC Fight Pass Playlists and Collections

The NEW UFC Fight Pass Collection Thread

Shout out to DumbWhiteGuy for providing details for the MMA IRC channel.

irc.synirc.net #mma

Join your fellow MMA fans in discussing all things MMA in a place probably secure against nuclear armageddon - IRC has been around for so long I'm not convinced anything could kill it.

More thanks go out to Unfunny Poster for putting together a new UFC Fight Pass Thread - Earning Your 3rd Degree Blackbelt In MMA Posting. This thread is being updated approximately every week with information on new and upcoming additions to the streaming service, and is good for general banter about old fights.

As with Memento, let me know where I hosed something up, and you too could win the No-Prize!

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Good op but it’s a lil short

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

Good op but it’s a lil short

Thanks, and yeah you're right. I slapped it together in about 25 minutes. I'll expand it when I get a chance.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Cormier is gonna beat the greatest heavyweight in UFC history

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CommonShore posted:

Thanks, and yeah you're right. I slapped it together in about 25 minutes. I'll expand it when I get a chance.

eh, no need to put in too much more effort than the UFC did setting up their February cards.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just watched the schevchenko fight and mario was horrible. Fight could have been stopped in the first, multiple times during the second, and then the fighter has to tap three different times to the RNC before yamasaki ends it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Does anyone want a treatise on why Machida won that decision

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mewse posted:

I didn't watch the fight and hearing it was another bad machida fight I'm not gonna read it, but I mean if you want to post it, :justpost:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mewse posted:

I would read it, and enjoy it, because learning is Great. teach me mewse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mewse posted:

I didn't care about the fight but I want this yes

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Machida kicked and punched more than Anders so he won.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The best thing about UFC is the more titles they add the more champions get injured.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Machida kicked and punched more than Anders so he won.

This is basically it. Someone commented yesterday "Anders didn't realize he was fighting a points fighter".

It's true Machida got wobbled once every round but that was like the only effective aggression coming out of Anders, and almost KOing someone doesn't count as much on the scorecard if the other guy is dictating the tempo for the other 4m30s. There's an argument that splitting Machida's forehead open was significant but that's just scar tissue opening up, judges aren't supposed to score with stockton rules.

Somewhere in the middle of the fight Anders looked like he was mesmerized by Machida's movement because he wasn't throwing anything and just letting Machida circle around the outside of the canvas. His coach was screaming "jab" for half the round, and that was the only good advice I saw from his corner, because it was looking like the kinda fight you get when two counterpunchers circle each other and wait for something to happen.

Later in the fight during Anders' bursts of power he would throw 2-3 punches and then shoot on Machida and then get shucked off. It was infuriating to watch because if you are lighting a guy up on the feet, why are you shooting on him and not completing the takedown (he did complete one in rd5). Later we saw between rounds his coaches were actually telling him to do that and that "it doesn't matter if you don't actually take him down". I guess what they were aiming for was for Anders to lean against him on the cage Randy Couture style for the majority of the round, which can win rounds but isn't what was happening in this fight.

What was happening was that Machida was landing more strikes than Anders. This is from fightmetric:

quote:

SIGNIFICANT STRIKES LANDED, PER ROUND
Rd 1
Machida: 15 of 26 - 57%
Anders: 2 of 6 - 33%
Rd 2
Machida: 14 of 22 - 63%
Anders: 6 of 13 - 46%
Rd 3
Machida: 10 of 19 - 52%
Anders: 9 of 19 - 47%
Rd 4
Machida: 10 of 18 - 55%
Anders: 6 of 18 - 33%
Rd 5
Machida: 13 of 27 - 48%
Anders: 9 of 21 - 42%

Brazil is using the new unified rules, and here is what the new rules have for judging criteria:

quote:

The document clarifies that an MMA fight should be judged on a single criterion: Effective Striking/Grappling. Only if Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal, would a judge move to the second criterion (Plan B) of Effective Aggressiveness. And only if Effective Aggressiveness is 100% equal, would a judge move to the third criterion (Plan C) of Cage/Ring Control.

So as a judge you have one criteria to evaluate the fight: effective striking/grappling. The audience sees Anders' power and thinks that's more effective, but judges tend to go with quantity of strikes. This is a thing that was a big problem in amateur boxing with computerized scoring. Anders didn't really do enough grappling to overshadow the amount of strikes that Machida was landing. Since striking wasn't 100% equal, they don't even consider the criteria of aggressiveness or ring control.

And it was Brazil. The fact that Anders' coaches thought he had it in the bag is loving sad.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Interesting fact: Machida has never lost

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bundt Cake posted:

Interesting fact: Machida has never lost

i seem to recall someone with the unconscious machida after bones dropped him for an avatar for a long time that indicates this is incorrect.

mewse
May 2, 2006

After I wrote all that out there is more clarification about what effective striking means

quote:

Effective striking/grappling is defined with the word "damage" removed from the previous proposal. "Impact" is the substitute for "damage." The definition is meant to train judges' attention towards effectiveness over things like flashiness or top control without - dare we say - any damage.

Effectiveness in striking/grappling is about "impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match," with immediate impact receiving more weight than cumulative impact.

The new criteria also explain that, whether on top or bottom, fighters should be assessed more on the "impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position." So if a bottom fighter's throwing nasty elbows from guard while the top fighter's hanging out with body, body, head every once and a while, the bottom fighter's winning.

Since Anders' strikes had potential to end the match they should've scored more heavily than Machida's output, so really it was whoever the judges wanted to win and lol Brazil

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.sherdog.com/labs/meme-generator

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

i seem to recall someone with the unconscious machida after bones dropped him for an avatar for a long time that indicates this is incorrect.

It was Photoshopped.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just watched the schevchenko fight and mario was horrible. Fight could have been stopped in the first, multiple times during the second, and then the fighter has to tap three different times to the RNC before yamasaki ends it.

lots of people talking about how the ufc should kill the women's divisions but only mario has the balls to do it

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
What's the biggest underdog a champ has been? Nicco Montaño is going to get murdered as soon as they let her defend against
Valentina. I'm not convinced that Valentina couldn't beat the cast of the W125 TUF season back to back over a long weekend.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nicco dropped the belt and took off running ala Randamie.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Nicco couldn't really get beat any worse, or have any shorter of a title reign, than Joanna vs Carla

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I very much hope not < :mad: >

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s very unlikely that DC gets a superfight with Brock after he beats Stipe, so I doubt it and frankly I’d pick Brock in that one if it did happen.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Travis Browne's name has vanished from the rankings.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
good. it's My Main Man Tim Johnson's time

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Did you see his mustache? Just delightfully quirky. Man. What a guy.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/4/16970998/priscila-cachoeira-suffered-serious-knee-injury-ufc-belem-loss-to-valentina-shevchenko

quote:

BELEM, Brazil — Priscila Cachoeira will be forced to go under the knife following a rough UFC debut.

“She tore her meniscus and ACL in the beginning of the first round, the first time they engaged, and it went all downhill from that moment,” Okamura said. “We couldn’t do anything."

"She was in pain, she got hurt in the first exchange, and told me in between rounds that she hurt her knee but I told her to shut up."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

quote:

"She was in pain, she got hurt in the first exchange, and told me in between rounds that she hurt her knee but I told her to shut up."

Consistent with the amount of a poo poo her corner gave about her well being throughout the fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dan Didio posted:

Travis Browne's name has vanished from the rankings.

Tiki themed turd golem has some untapped potential as a WWE gimmick.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

cool. cool cool cool

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Tiki themed turd golem has some untapped potential as a WWE gimmick.

Browne: I'm not very good and I gently caress up a lot. Oh also I'm 6'7"
McMahon: You're my new World Champion!

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Pretty happy to see Johny Hendricks turn his career around and get a coaching job with the Patriots

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The announcer yells "he's got a case of the Brownes!" whenever he goes for his finishing move

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Andy Dufresne posted:

Pretty happy to see Johny Hendricks turn his career around and get a coaching job with the Patriots

Fuuuuck. I watched the game with two other people who also know and hate Johnny Hendricks and none of us thought of this.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He can’t poop

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Consistent with the amount of a poo poo her corner gave about her well being throughout the fight.

That comment is made even worse by

quote:

“‘Pedrita’ is fearless, she would never quit. She never considered quitting. The world hasn’t seen the real ‘Pedrita’ fight.

If she never quits, why the gently caress are you telling her to shut up when she is saying her knee is hosed?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
I thought Whitaker couldn't fight because of a staph infection not his knee still playing up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Scapegoat posted:

I thought Whitaker couldn't fight because of a staph infection not his knee still playing up.

You're right. I had forgotten about that. I was just playing with memento's text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He says he pulled his hamstring, got staph then got chicken pox. Whoever put the curse on him knew what the gently caress they were doing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...staph-infection

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 5, 2018

• Locked thread