Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

And yet nothing was actually called during the game :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
it's dumb that they suspend him for interference and not hitting a dude in the head

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Levitate posted:

it's dumb that they suspend him for interference and not hitting a dude in the head
It's for both

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Wonderllama posted:

:laffo: what a terrible penalty/suspension/league

I mean, it’s a penalty. I think it’s ridiculous because they ignore similar interference calls like this for all games all the time. It’s a huge issue. If Forseberg doesn’t hit the head, there’s no suspension.

I guess the head part should mean 1-3 games, for me it’s more that the NHL is just horrendously inconsistent on calls like this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

I mean, it’s a penalty. I think it’s ridiculous because they ignore similar interference calls like this for all games all the time. It’s a huge issue. If Forseberg doesn’t hit the head, there’s no suspension.

I guess the head part should mean 1-3 games, for me it’s more that the NHL is just horrendously inconsistent on calls like this.

...Well yes, if the hit was safe but just late the Department of Player Safety probably would not have suspended him.

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

filip is a good man, he did nothing wrong

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Wonderllama posted:

:laffo: what a terrible penalty/suspension/league

The hit was late (and thus illegal), there was head contact and Vesey was injured. Why is that suspension "terrible"?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

grack posted:

The hit was late (and thus illegal), there was head contact and Vesey was injured. Why is that suspension "terrible"?

because wonderllama is bad at understanding hockey

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

A Nashville did it and they're the meme team this year, taking over from Florida some time last season.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

A Nashville did it and they're the meme team this year, taking over from Florida some time last season.

Also, I live in Tennessee now, and killing a ranger should be encouraged and hurting vesey makes me want to kiss forsberg gay style

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

Also, I live in Tennessee now, and killing a ranger should be encouraged and hurting vesey makes me want to kiss forsberg gay style

Honestly that’s just weird and not in the hah hah funny ironic way

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brain Curry posted:

Cats must be having a hard time selling tix again.

https://twitter.com/flapanthers/status/960260172718501888

Does a team even turn a profit at $10 a head? Like without somehow selling them some $20 beers?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Does a team even turn a profit at $10 a head? Like without somehow selling them some $20 beers?

The marginal cost of one extra person in the arena is probably pretty low, so in the short run it's probably than the seat being vacant.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

Honestly that’s just weird and not in the hah hah funny ironic way

The head shot rule is nebulous, and vesey sold it by coming back out and yelling whilst spitting out blood, and I thought that was pathetic. Also, I do what I can to provoke RAS because it’s always the same three posters who get ruffled.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thufir posted:

The marginal cost of one extra person in the arena is probably pretty low, so in the short run it's probably than the seat being vacant.

Probably $0, I don't imagine they bring in staff based on attendance.

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Probably $0, I don't imagine they bring in staff based on attendance.

lol

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Wonderllama posted:

The head shot rule is nebulous, and vesey sold it by coming back out and yelling whilst spitting out blood, and I thought that was pathetic. Also, I do what I can to provoke RAS because it’s always the same three posters who get ruffled.

Sold it by spitting out blood lol

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Haha. sometimes you write a thing where levitate doesn’t agree. them’s the breaks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thufir posted:

I got to the last Dayton Bombers game (2009) I would get to go to midway through the 1st period because my class ended at 7pm. I walked up to one of the doors (the ticket windows had closed by that point) to get somebody's attention to buy a ticket and the guy, who was wearing a suit and tie holding a walkie talkie (assumed to be game ops), just waved me in. They didn't bother selling a ticket, just saying "Yeah, go grab a seat".

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Hey gang just cruising by to say

Fire AV

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What does Georges Laraque think of the Super Bowl?

https://twitter.com/Donjuicy/status/960353144927653889

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Wonderllama posted:

I know this is your schtick but it's bad and you're a big dumb bad jerk.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm also glad Forsberg absorbed a game for Emelin who still has to play.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Matt Zerella posted:

Can someone please devils advocate this for me? I’m astonished there was no penalty for that hit on Stall nor a suspension.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jovial Cow posted:

Can someone please devils advocate this for me? I’m astonished there was no penalty for that hit on Stall nor a suspension.

More of a punishment to make him play.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
If you want to see Flyers (and Eagles) fans burn down a city, Philly is on fire right now

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Typical philly Sunday night then!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jovial Cow posted:

It would have been a legal hit if Staal did not stop and was planning to phase through the boards, his braking is what caused his head to lower and take the contact.

Emelin cannot reasonably be expected to know Staal could not phase through solid objects so he is not at fault.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jovial Cow posted:

What's the illegal play? He didn't leave his feet, didn't go high, didn't use an elbow or knee. Staal put himself in a really bad spot by trying to back out of the hit, there's a reason players are taught to get up against the boards and take hits with the shoulder.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They're doing 5$ beer every Thursday too.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/panthers-blog/fl-sp-panthers-beer-attendance-promotions-20180108-story,amp.html

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Fire Hakstol

Hire Pederson

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Matt Zerella posted:

Preds went 4+ weeks without Forsberg, just so you know.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/960542442956062721

grats leafs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/960549160662388736

:munch:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Whoop whoop

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I'd like Nash on the Capitals because they are in dire need of depth scoring and defensive forwards/PKers. However I don't really think they have the assets to part with to make a deal make sense from NYR's point of view.

Same thing with McDonagh.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 5, 2018

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I hope he's sitting in the press box, Dermott and Carrick are better in every way.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Rangers are going to trade him to Boston and we're going to get to see jerseys that say Ril. Nash and Ric. Nash

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/peterhassett/status/960553259386753025

woof

• Locked thread