Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chinatown posted:

i always enjoy watching people just loading up boxes upon boxes of wine at Costco. not a wine person but if I was i would probably be doing the same thing.

They probably host a lot of parties. Either that or they're stocking up their restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They probably host a lot of parties. Either that or they're stocking up their restaurant.

or they're alcoholics begging for someone to stop them

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I bought a bunch of wine/beer for my wedding at Costco (can't buy liquor in NC except at state run stores) and learned there's a limit by law about how much alcohol an individual can buy at one time in my state. But Costco is super cool and just let my friend "buy" the other half of all the booze right behind me in line using the same Costco membership and credit card I used. PBUC

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Got my credit card cash back in the email. Is this separate from the Executive dividend? Or combined?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It's separate, you get the 2% check from the executive membership about 6 weeks before your membership expires.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

God I love getting checks from Costco. Sam's club wouldn't write you a check, would they?

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Geoj posted:

The thing that really sucks about Ohio is all the states that border it are also control states. I think we'd have to drive to New York or Illinois to experience a Costco liquor department.

Indiana has Costco liquor.

Unless you mean buying on a Sunday. Can’t do that here for the moment. That’s probably gonna change very soon though.

Robokomodo fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 6, 2018

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Sorry. Quoted myself.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone have any knowledge about the Costco mortgage? Is it a decent deal or can you find better options elsewhere?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Why would you need a mortgage when all the amenities Costco provides would easily allow you to live right there in the store?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Build a house out of TP and paper towel blocks.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Mons Hubris posted:

Why would you need a mortgage when all the amenities Costco provides would easily allow you to live right there in the store?

they need to build apartments above the warehouse so I never have to leave

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

they need to build apartments above the warehouse so I never have to leave

You could just build yourself a nest up on one of the higher shelves like...I wanna say Dane Cook in that movie where he worked at Costco with Jessica Simpson.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Does anyone have any knowledge about the Costco mortgage? Is it a decent deal or can you find better options elsewhere?

Nerdwallet says it's pretty good. They cap origination fees at $600 or $350
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/mortgages/costco-mortgage-review/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Phylodox posted:

You could just build yourself a nest up on one of the higher shelves like...I wanna say Dane Cook in that movie where he worked at Costco with Jessica Simpson.

I loved that movie.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
My brothers and sisters, rejoice!

https://thetakeout.com/costco-to-serve-us-1-50-hot-dogs-even-faster-with-self-1822800036

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I have already tested this at the Covington location. Worked great but most people just walk by the kiosk and order at the register anyways.
Let me know when I can pre-order from the app on my phone.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I will not use this. The sacrament must commanded to a blessed member of the faith.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its probably to keep costs down and keep the price at $1.50. I support this endeavor.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I will not use this. The sacrament must commanded to a blessed member of the faith.

Do you renounce Sam Walton, and all his works?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

therobit posted:

Do you renounce Sam Walton, and all his works?

I do renounce him.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 8, 2018

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
SAM WALTON I REBUKE THEE

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Feed the Walton family straight into the guillotine.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Feed the Walton family straight into the guillotine.

Just make sure you get the blade from Walmart so they can understand their low quality poo poo has consequences for a brief second before the grave

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Just make sure you get the blade from Walmart so they can understand their low quality poo poo has consequences for a brief second before the grave

buddy we're gonna need to buy blades in bulk for this one, gotta go with the 'co for this one too

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gunna go to Australian Costco tonight anyone want anything?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Nah, yeah

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do they call Aussie Bites just "Bites" there?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Do they call Aussie Bites just "Bites" there?

I'll have to check, no idea what those are.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I'll have to check, no idea what those are.

They're the official food of Australia and the government mandates their consumption throughout the month of June.

I'm starting to suspect you aren't actually Australian, forums-poster "I would blow Dane Cook".

:colbert:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

They're the official food of Australia and the government mandates their consumption throughout the month of June.

I'm starting to suspect you aren't actually Australian, forums-poster "I would blow Dane Cook".

:colbert:

This is an Aussie Bite in Australia:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

This is an Aussie Bite in Australia:

Whitest thing imaginable while still being incomprehensible to any normal speaker of English: it's Australian alright...

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
We can only hope the Costco army mobilizes soon to liberate the unwashed masses at Sam's Club

Air dropping supply crates full of 1.50 dogs and drinks

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Is Costco the best place to buy beer in Australia? I hear it's expensive there.

edit: "there" meaning Australia, PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just finished up a dog, no refill. I'll let someone else have my refill, since I rarely need it.

If the refill was good for another dog though, I'd be all over that every time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I RENOUNCE SAM WALTON!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I once waited 20 minutes at a Walmart "ship to store" area because they had a hard time finding my order. After standing in line at the cashier to pay, there was ANOTHER line to leave the store so they could check your receipt. gently caress that last line. That poo poo ain't costco. Walked out with some lady screaming "YOU HAVE TO WAIT". Sorry ma'am. Can't waste any more time in your lovely store.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I once waited 20 minutes at a Walmart "ship to store" area because they had a hard time finding my order. After standing in line at the cashier to pay, there was ANOTHER line to leave the store so they could check your receipt. gently caress that last line. That poo poo ain't costco. Walked out with some lady screaming "YOU HAVE TO WAIT". Sorry ma'am. Can't waste any more time in your lovely store.

I do the same every time I must debase myself there, feels good. Sorry lady, I have no contract with you eat poo poo.

PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

GORDON posted:

SAM WALTON I REBUKE THEE
sam walton fails his save and you successfully turn him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Sam Walton was moderately acceptable, most of his Sam Club ideas he stole directly from Sol Price and Price Club. Price Club is where Jim Sinegal got his start.
The Walton descendants can go gently caress themselves though. They suck.

Seriously if you ever want to read about the birth of warehouse stores and Costco, read the Sol Price book: https://www.amazon.com/Price-Retail-Revolutionary-Social-Innovator/dp/0988680602
Jim Sinegal wrote the forward. I am still kicking myself that I did not buy it while it was in the warehouse as Jim would sign it if you caught him out and about.