Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

there was literally a shooting yesterday

The gently caress?

Another one?

We're up to how many this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

I remember there was a period of about 5 minutes where I changed my homepage to alta vista because I didn't want to be another google sheep

I remember when alta vista was the only one worth using

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

The gently caress?

Another one?

Theres been like 52 incidents of multiple shootings as of last week when i saw an article about how deadly january was so id bet its higher now but only like 20 qualify as mass shootings by whatever metric they use.

11 school shootings by the 24th of january in that figure too

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 5, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Problems with the over arching plot aside, LA Noire has by far the best writing and acting of pretty much any game ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Problems with the over arching plot aside, LA Noire has by far the best writing and acting of pretty much any game ever

Yakuza 0

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the cinematography of yakuza 0 and the series in general once it gets going is everything david cage has been trying to do for his entire career, largely due to one of the directors being a film student

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/english/171121

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hello, I'm gonna go ahead and assume I missed nothing in the last 17 pages

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Olive! posted:

Hello, I'm gonna go ahead and assume I missed nothing in the last 17 pages

You missed out on Yakuza 6 getting delayed, which continues to be incredibly hosed up.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
In xenoblade chronicles x, are all online features disabled due to the end of the miiverse?

I just read about hiring scouts (npc snapshots of other players) but dunno if that's one of the many things that don't work now.

I've never seen another player out in the field for example, but that could also be because I've got online stuff switched off?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Good point

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Quite a busy weekend!
Finished Batman: TellTale series and loved it.
Finished season 2 of The Good Place (and very happy about how that is going)
Caught up with Star Trek Discovery (also enjoying the heck out of the show even though my favourite captain turned out to be a bad guy and is now dead!! Majorly bummed out by that!)
Increased my level and rank to 9 and 3 respectively in Everybody's Golf, which is one of the most fun games I have owned.
Will be finishing Uncharted 1 this evening, then moving onto 2.

And finally when playing on games my own I have just started Persona 5 AKA the slickest art designed, chillest musically inclined, loungiest game I have ever experienced!! Loving it :D

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

And finally when playing on games my own I have just started Persona 5 AKA the slickest art designed, chillest musically inclined, loungiest game I have ever experienced!! Loving it :D

I got one hour of game time in the entire weekend so this post makes me very jealous but... yessssssss one of us one of us one of us

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
VideoGames when're we gonna work on making a video game :v:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

today in Celeste i finished the chapter 4 b sides and i declare they took five years off my life

https://twitter.com/nintendogs_2/status/960479524927369216

not sure what game in the backlog to finish after this but im rapidly approaching a point where Celeste feels like a chore rather than fun. i think ill finish the b-sides and call it done-zo

so next up: prey, dishonored death of the outsider, or clock mario rabbids. so many of games to enjoy!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm playing Danganronpa V3, just finished the fourth case and that was hella depressing. I love the game but it seems a lot more pessimistic than the previous two.

The PC port has a nasty habit of randomly ignoring inputs (be they mouse clicks, key presses or pad button presses) and that's a bit of a problem.

Kin posted:

In xenoblade chronicles x, are all online features disabled due to the end of the miiverse?
I started playing it in december. Scouts work fine, division quests or whatever they're called work fine, as do rewards. I haven't tried a special online boss but they at least get announced fine. The game does warn that some functions should have been disabled by I have no idea which.

Chev fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 5, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

today in Celeste i finished the chapter 4 b sides and i declare they took five years off my life

https://twitter.com/nintendogs_2/status/960479524927369216

not sure what game in the backlog to finish after this but im rapidly approaching a point where Celeste feels like a chore rather than fun. i think ill finish the b-sides and call it done-zo

so next up: prey, dishonored death of the outsider, or clock mario rabbids. so many of games to enjoy!

The C-sides are only like three screens each so you might as well do those

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

The C-sides are only like three screens each so you might as well do those

While this is true it doesn't change the fact that I may never leave the last screen of 5C and will be trapped in this spiky hell forever

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Chev posted:

I'm playing Danganronpa V3, just finished the fourth case and that was hella depressing. I love the game but it seems a lot more pessimistic than the previous two.

There's a thematic reason for that which may or may not pay off for you depending on how you feel about the series as a whole.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, I fully expect something of the sort given how thematically consistent I felt 2 was.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy Monday everybody, gonna link this song I'm listening to that I've probably linked before in a previous chat thread but I don't care because it's a good song by a good band that I wish had put out more stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjHsLnUO1U

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chev posted:

I beat the game the other day and overall liked it a lot, but I think that case sucks. I was warned about it in advance by a friend who actually stopped playing at that point so I was prepared but it was still awful.

Fortunately I think it improves afterwards and I really like the way it ends.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm heading to the rocket in Iconoclasts, I'm guessing that's near the end of the game? Do I get a chance to go and find any stuff I missed still or is that it now?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm heading to the rocket in Iconoclasts, I'm guessing that's near the end of the game? Do I get a chance to go and find any stuff I missed still or is that it now?

Right before the final boss you can go back everywhere so don't worry. Though I beat the boss then reloaded the save to do that cause I wanted to see the ending at that point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay cool thanks.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy Monday everybody, gonna link this song I'm listening to that I've probably linked before in a previous chat thread but I don't care because it's a good song by a good band that I wish had put out more stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjHsLnUO1U

Yeah, it seemed like SK were gonna blow up huge but then they just kinda stopped. I'm guessing the animation takes a while plus it's a collaborative so everyone has to be on the same schedule. Oh well, what they have put out has been pretty...killer :cool:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
next time lgd loses/wins the international im going to burn down something

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Am I doing something wrong in this final area of Iconoclasts? There seems to be no way of dealing with these blue goop covered enemies without taking a ton of damage from the spike wheel rollers that only seem vulnerable your wrench but still take a bunch of hits while they're constantly rolling over you.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames posted:

Finished season 2 of The Good Place (and very happy about how that is going)

I saw a clip of them discussing the trolley problem and that show actually seemed kind of interesting and funny?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Am I doing something wrong in this final area of Iconoclasts? There seems to be no way of dealing with these blue goop covered enemies without taking a ton of damage from the spike wheel rollers that only seem vulnerable your wrench but still take a bunch of hits while they're constantly rolling over you.

The rollers go down fairly quick to uncharged shots from your swapper gun but you'll still probably have to just try to avoid gooped enemies until they do unless you can squeeze in a charged swap to de-goop and then kill them. It's just hard.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here's a new interview with the Yakuza translation lead! He gives a good interview.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FirstAidKite posted:

The gently caress?

Another one?

Good job, Chicago.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed/status/960561885115535360

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he's vocel, not incel you buffons

it's where his Heat power comes from

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

The rollers go down fairly quick to uncharged shots from your swapper gun but you'll still probably have to just try to avoid gooped enemies until they do unless you can squeeze in a charged swap to de-goop and then kill them. It's just hard.

Yeah I complained on the internet so I beat it this time, good game :sweatdrop:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Who is Kiyru?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I saw a clip of them discussing the trolley problem and that show actually seemed kind of interesting and funny?

It's sweet, I just finished Season 2 too. S1 is up on Netflix, check it out -- it's been renewed for a third next year, too. I really like it and I'm super picky about TV comedies

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The yakuza MC.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pretty sure Kiryu has a sidequest in Yakuza 0 where you bang a MILF though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kiryu has hosed at least 20 women over the course of six or seven games. But sidequest Kiryu and storyline Kiryu are often two different people.

• Locked thread