Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Kiryu has hosed at least 20 women over the course of six or seven games. But sidequest Kiryu and storyline Kiryu are often two different people.

Just like how Kiryu has never killed a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That's great. We're discussing Kiyru though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
kiyru fucks

kiryu doesnt

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kiryu x Nishiki OTP

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

Kiryu x Nishiki OTP
I Heart Nishiki

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
its true I do

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kazuma Kirin

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kirin ichiban

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZrKehQ_xc&t=747s

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steam has Witcher III Game of the Year Edition for $20 right now. :homebrew:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
prey is pretty good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Steam has Witcher III Game of the Year Edition for $20 right now. :homebrew:

Is it bad that I am contemplating getting this just so I can uninstall GOG Galaxy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't actually play Demon's Souls before it closes so I'll settle for drawing pictures of it this month.

sqwak

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it bad that I am contemplating getting this just so I can uninstall GOG Galaxy

Kind of. That's 20 bux you could spend on another good game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

can't you just leave the witcher 3 installed and uninstall galaxy

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Demon Souls is basically unplayable online at this point. I'm playing it offline with no issues, aside from the terrible lag when environmental effects kick in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/rcsanchez93/status/960607837352267778

gently caress

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Don't make fun of Toad's prosthetics thx

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

so distraught he ripped his skull in half 😬

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

:smith:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Demon Souls makes me really appreciate how amazing the visual design work is in Bloodborne. I appreciate this games visual style as "Dungeon Master's Guide: The Video Game" but god drat is it ugly and plain looking! I have the same feelings playing it today as I did playing Kings Field Ancient City 10 years ago, just this nagging sensation that the world looks artificial and constructed out of cardboard or something.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like demon's souls' visual style but mainly because it looks like a mid-budget berserk fangame, even moreso than the later ones

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Toad: (walking very slowly into the OR) I have a message: Princess Peach's plane...was shot down... over the Sea of Japan. It spun in... there were no survivors.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

al-azad posted:

Demon Souls makes me really appreciate how amazing the visual design work is in Bloodborne. I appreciate this games visual style as "Dungeon Master's Guide: The Video Game" but god drat is it ugly and plain looking! I have the same feelings playing it today as I did playing Kings Field Ancient City 10 years ago, just this nagging sensation that the world looks artificial and constructed out of cardboard or something.

Bloodborne has the minor advantage of working with an order of magnitude more GPU power.

I like the Demon's Souls design just for how audaciously bizarre it is. Only the first and maybe fourth worlds could be called traditional fantasy, after that you have all kinds of disturbing weirdness.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

A lot of demons souls is plain and then you get to the level with the giant beating demon heart suspended over a lake of blood

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Demon's Souls has lots of weird stuff. Part of the reason I drew Adjudicator was because its probably one of the weirdest designs in the entire series. Sure it also has a lot of generic areas but so does every Souls game. Weird stuff stands out more when contrasted against what seems to be normal. Its no coincidence that the further you get from Boletaria, the stranger the game gets.

If Demon's Souls had a modern remaster it would look incredible.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Demon's Souls is the only Soulsborne game where the whole multiplayer aspect felt seamlessly integrated into the cohesive whole. Starting with Dark Souls it felt more like they tacked on coop and invasions because they were cool, but they weren't part of the core game. Demon's Souls really feels like Miyazaki exploring very high level ideas and then building a video game around them in a way that the rest of Soulsborne doesn't (which makes sense since it was the first game he was lead on, so it got to use all the best ideas he's had over all his life up to that point).

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/05/sega-teasing-puyo-puyo-tetris-steam/

I'll finally play this game. Is there a thread for it?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
demon's souls is kind of uneven in some ways but i love it a lot for how experimental it is. i was kinda trudging through it until i got hiltless and suddenly the entire game became a blast because i was just carving through everything with an insanely cool-looking op gimmick weapon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think Dark Souls perfected the multiplayer tbh, covenants were a natural extension of the old monk fight in terms of contexualizing the multiplayer into the world of the game. just playing in a covenant feels like a kind of roleplaying, you're aligning yourself with a force in the world and agreeing to behave a certain way towards other players, whether its to help people out or to protect a certain place or whatever. the context free multiplayer is cool too but its a moment to moment thing while in Dark Souls its more of a long term commitment. That was the biggest thing that disappointed me about Bloodborne, multiplayer in that game felt like a regression

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lets hang out posted:

A lot of demons souls is plain and then you get to the level with the giant beating demon heart suspended over a lake of blood

Or the lava tubes full of huge exploding bugs

Or the chunk of rock floating in the sky patrolled by samurai skeletons and killer manta rays

Or the place that looks like someone dumped a truckload of defective 2x4s into a septic tank

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Demon's Souls is the only Soulsborne game where the whole multiplayer aspect felt seamlessly integrated into the cohesive whole. Starting with Dark Souls it felt more like they tacked on coop and invasions because they were cool, but they weren't part of the core game. Demon's Souls really feels like Miyazaki exploring very high level ideas and then building a video game around them in a way that the rest of Soulsborne doesn't (which makes sense since it was the first game he was lead on, so it got to use all the best ideas he's had over all his life up to that point).

Idk they're pretty great in Dark and integrated into the world state with the different covenants being geographically constrained, or stuff like Gravelords being able to exert control over level design

al-azad
May 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

Bloodborne has the minor advantage of working with an order of magnitude more GPU power.

I like the Demon's Souls design just for how audaciously bizarre it is. Only the first and maybe fourth worlds could be called traditional fantasy, after that you have all kinds of disturbing weirdness.

Yeah but aesthetically it's stronger. It's basically how people describe Lovecraftian monsters except the artists really make it feel alive compared to other media which is like "we'll add some writhing tentacles in the fog." I haven't even played Bloodborne but I was captivated by the Brain of Menses or the Orphan of Kos or even Rom(?) the Vacous Spider, just these purely alien creatures with no real introduction they just exist.

Anyway, Demon Souls shares a lot with Gygax era D&D where it wasn't uncommon to go from a generic ruined castle to fighting on a giant bubble suspended over an acidic pit or discover a literal alien spaceship with ruined robots and the monsters that discovered it. I wish more fantasy got 70s weird and Miyazaki obviously loves that poo poo, I just wish the game got a modern remaster because it's really ugly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i'm excited for ff15, but i'm kind of equally excited that i can get it at discount :allears:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish des got a modern remaster so that it wasn't hosed and going to have its online shut off

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is old Noctis in the logo now wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXV kicks rear end and with all the tweaks and additions they've tossed in since release, you're gonna have a great time

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dark Souls multiplayer was all completely opt-in and the in-game rewards were both mediocre and tacked on imo. Like I think opt-in is good for multiplayer, but that means it won't be integrated by necessity. In Demon's Souls it's directly integrated into the soul form/body form mechanic--you lose half your hp by dying, and the only way to get it back is to either beat a boss (either your own or someone else's via co-op) or steal it from another player. The game mechanics are driving you to do multiplayer, it comes with a commensurate reward, and you will necessarily be put in situations where you do pvp just by the nature of the game mechanics. It's less fun imo but it does feel more cohesive with the rest of the game which was my point.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah its hosed up they should have used the royal edition boxart instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but even at release the online multiplayer barely ever worked and the health penalty just meant you had one less ring slot until you beat a boss.

• Locked thread