Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Woj was just on lowes podcast saying LAC isn't doing that for CLEs first at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Paul Zuvella posted:

Can we stop talking about the bad sport in this thread, which is supposed to be about a good sport?

https://twitter.com/LacesOutShow/status/960385281919782913

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Like what does CLE even do until the end of the season? It feels like every move that they've made were duct tape fixes on a sinking ship.

edit: also lollin at people in philly saying people in philly are "better than [insert bad, bad thing they're doing]" when they demonstrably are not better than that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they could stop giving jae crowder or IT any minutes and probably win more games in the short term but really they are basically just hoping lebron goes super saiyan and carrys them to another finals loss

which is possible

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

they could stop giving jae crowder or IT any minutes and probably win more games in the short term but really they are basically just hoping lebron goes super saiyan and carrys them to another finals loss

which is possible

I mean let’s say for the sake of argument that IT isn’t done he’s just got a ton of rust, if he’s back to Boston shape by the playoffs their offense will be right where it was last year, maybe better, and cruising to the ECF will make everyone buddies again. Then the question is probably just what’s worse, the Boston offense or the Cleveland D. If they can get Jordan and keep Lebron and IT they could improve a lot next year, again provided he’s not busted forever, but drat that tax bill O_O

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

scuz posted:

https://twitter.com/CavsNationNet/status/960582770044100608

Read that and thought "No, he just got Griffin on his team" and then remembered that DeAndre Jordan is not Andre Drummond :buddy:

Their problems started when they shopped Kyrie around and it and LeBron's attitude got back to him. Not that losing those guys would really be the same.

Cleveland has a Brooklyn 1st, is that right? That's more in the neighborhood.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

How is "sports fan eats horseshit to celebrate a title" an actual trend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsYwgWAd8E

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What was it mom always used to say.....don't eat horseshit......

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

Mirotic does have some good words for his time in CHI:

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/960573169571594241

I felt it was time to move on after I got punched in the face so hard that my beard rotated around and ended up on the back ofmy neck and everyone in the oorganization pretended to punch me before doing a hair smooth

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I felt it was time to move on after I got punched in the face so hard that my beard rotated around and ended up on the back ofmy neck and everyone in the oorganization pretended to punch me before doing a hair smooth

lol

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

morestuff posted:

How is "sports fan eats horseshit to celebrate a title" an actual trend

People are dumb, crowds make them dumber, public outpouring of emotions make you even more stupid. Mob mentality is a hell of a drug. And when you've got hundreds of thousands of people out in the streets celebrating, it only take one dude dumb and hosed up enough to eat horse poo poo and bam, you've got 10000 retweets.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
And really, horse poop is just dirt and hay, bound to be some nutrients in there somewhere.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
the most hosed up thing you can chant at a person is "Do! Somethin! Crazy!" because if a crowd tells a person to they'll rack their brains and come through

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

the most hosed up thing you can chant at a person is "Do! Somethin! Crazy!" because if a crowd tells a person to they'll rack their brains and come through

This is Philly. We don't need no mob mentality to eat horse poo poo.

Also, I'm glad that we've ushered in the apocalypse.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Also, I'm glad that we've ushered in the apocalypse.

That was the Cubs like two years ago

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Their problems started when they shopped Kyrie around and it and LeBron's attitude got back to him. Not that losing those guys would really be the same.

Cleveland has a Brooklyn 1st, is that right? That's more in the neighborhood.

Cleveland seems to be going at a slow roll to part with that pick.

If they think they can do something that will even moderately increase their chance at a title this year, they should give up the pick.

If they think they are probably screwed this year and losing Lebron, keep the pick.

At this point, it's up to Cleveland.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

IcePhoenix posted:

That was the Cubs like two years ago

There are many acts in this play.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
You should check out Crowds and Power by Elias Canetti

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

will it enhance my understanding of pro wrestling or no

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dejan Bimble posted:

gonna need a lot more people to recommend this before i read it. preferably chanting in unison.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm glad Aaron Gordon is never going to win a dunk contest

He's already won one op

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CRISPYBABY posted:

People are dumb, crowds make them dumber, public outpouring of emotions make you even more stupid. Mob mentality is a hell of a drug. And when you've got hundreds of thousands of people out in the streets celebrating, it only take one dude dumb and hosed up enough to eat horse poo poo and bam, you've got 10000 retweets.

I don't recall anyone eating horse poop while I was in downtown NOLA for the Saints' SB win or in Dallas for the Mavs NBA title. Don't forget Philly is a city where a fan once forced himself to vomit on a child for repping another team. Do all cities have some terrible fans? Probably. However, Philly always seems to have the most bad fan stories. They are kind of like LSU fans from the 80s and 90s with less self respect or morals.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I don't recall anyone eating horse poop while I was in downtown NOLA for the Saints' SB win or in Dallas for the Mavs NBA title. Don't forget Philly is a city where a fan once forced himself to vomit on a child for repping another team. Do all cities have some terrible fans? Probably. However, Philly always seems to have the most bad fan stories. They are kind of like LSU fans from the 80s and 90s with less self respect or morals.

Lol. Where is this from?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

The vomit guy was from New Jersey

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LeBron: They should take us off national TV. LeBron James is at a loss for words after another devastating setback on national television.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22313598

LBJ looks like he has hit a statistical wall. He should take a vacation but the Cavaliers might end up with an awful seed.

The Maestro posted:

Why 12? Is there a common positional numbering system similar to soccer of which I’m unaware? I’m just forgetting about a superstar that wore 12 and inspired everybody else, aren’t I

There are twelve months in a year. Twelve inches in a foot. Twelve hours in the a.m. and p.m. Twelve eggs in a carton. The Twelve Days of Christmas.

389 people have worn it.

scuz posted:

Like what does CLE even do until the end of the season?

Continue to lose games and look older. They may actually look better near the end of the season if they try hard against the worse teams (rather than wind down like the elite teams do). Although that'll be a mirage.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Collison got a knee scope and is out a few weeks, Dipo also out tonight but Turner will play. Would be awesome if the Pacers could actually keep all 5 starters the same for any length of time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

will it enhance my understanding of pro wrestling or no

Yea

Lou Williams is good, the Cavs could use him too. They seem to have surrendered to inevitability, which is good for Toronto and Boston fans.

Glowing fish and I were lamenting the loss of the physical court area of the midrange to mathematically efficient basketball. It's a shame only 25 players are allowed to shoot there. Someone ought to address it

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 5, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lol. Where is this from?
From reading your posts

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/960646532230914049

Hmmmm

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

Collison got a knee scope and is out a few weeks, Dipo also out tonight but Turner will play. Would be awesome if the Pacers could actually keep all 5 starters the same for any length of time.

GR3 got to be back soon. Collison out hurts. If the game gets ugly rest Turner. Pack it up for these next two games and come out swinging after All-Star break

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

haha Buddy Hield in a loving skills challenge

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spacebump posted:

I was in Vancouver for Game 5 of the Canucks/Bruins series and went around to party in the streets after. It was a mob scene, but a pretty jovial one. 5 days later they lose game 7 and the same mob scene starts flipping cars and burning poo poo. No word on if they were eating any poo poo off the street. Philly's gonna Philly and they've got an exceptional talent and reputation for dumb poo poo, but there's basically no given event that could happen in a city full of drunk people overflowing through the streets that would actually surprise me and that goes for any city in the world. Someone's gonna do something insanely dumb, and 100 people around them are gonna cheer em on.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Athanatos posted:

GR3 got to be back soon. Collison out hurts. If the game gets ugly rest Turner. Pack it up for these next two games and come out swinging after All-Star break

Eh, no Dipo or Collison, but no Wall should make this a winnable game. Just need Good Lance tonight.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Eh, no Dipo or Collison, but no Wall should make this a winnable game. Just need Good Lance tonight.

The Wizards legitimately look better without Wall right now. Watch out

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Wizards legitimately look better without Wall right now. Watch out

CBM I thought we were friends. Why would you tell me this?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Basketball slam dunks into hoops. 2 points.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

CBM I thought we were friends. Why would you tell me this?

Listen, I also want the Wizards to be bad and to lose all of their games, but they're passing the ball now and Bradley Beal is good. It's a real pickle. If Turner goes off you should be good tho

Gonz posted:

Basketball slam dunks into hoops. 2 points.

Me hoop

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

From reading your posts

Ahhhhhhh the perfect avatar/user name combo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

If Lance hits his first shot and his first behind the back pass the Pacers will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
We're running out of time for stupid trades to happen, let's go NBA lift your game

• Locked thread