Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wait what :stare:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDnOE_rV3w

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Outbreak trailer https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/960558643853824000

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

And I guess this confirms that Year 3 Season 1 will start on the 6th of March, when Outbreak starts too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Still don't understand why it's 3 player co op

tjones
May 13, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Still don't understand why it's 3 player co op

Maybe they ran out of space to add another op

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

4-man but the 4th slot is reserved for the new R6:S PREMIUM membership.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

ten_twentyfour posted:

4-man but the 4th slot is reserved for the new R6:S PREMIUM membership.

Which will continue to be automatically billed monthly even after the event is over

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Remind me, do ranked stats completely reset when this Outbreak poo poo starts? Does it keep k/d or anything?

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Remind me, do ranked stats completely reset when this Outbreak poo poo starts? Does it keep k/d or anything?

Your customer lifetime value (sum(R6_credits_bought))

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ok well I have spent a shitload on this game (complete edition on three platforms) so that's cool.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
your rank gets reset (but iirc is still weighted based on previous seasons) but everything else, like your k/d, stays.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Agoat posted:

Overheard on pubs: "I almost got an Alpha Pack! What are the odds?!"

Part of me hopes it was sarcastic, the other part knows it wasn't.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hey can someone tell me how to get in on this? It can't be a scam, right?

https://twitter.com/rsixpacks4/status/960558650740891648?s=17

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Choose the pack You want
Carefully enter Your League of Legends Username
Click on Claim
Complete the verification (to avoid bots entries)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ya, player, I can read. But. I dont.. understand.

Can I rrad???

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Bananana posted:

How do you figure this random website is going to put renown or r6bux on your account?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ohhh, I thought it was an official rainbow 6 Twitter. It is not.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

The Duggler posted:

How do you figure this random website is going to put renown or r6bux on your account?

the same way i get op4 to TK each other - direct deposit after completion

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Ohhh, I thought it was an official rainbow 6 Twitter. It is not.

It's you. You're the person who falls for the cheap scam tricks now

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Hey Im the IRS can you please give me your social security number thank you

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Legs Benedict posted:

Can I give you my runescape password instead

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

Hey I’m the IRS can you please give me your social security number thank you

Lol

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

SpazmasterX posted:

Part of me hopes it was sarcastic, the other part knows it wasn't.

It wasn't. :negative:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Legs Benedict posted:

First the wallet inspector today and now the drat IRS.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm actually a Nigerian Prince who's been unlawfully imprisoned. If you'd only send me $500, I'll split the $2.4 million I have locked in trust with you...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/nvjpb

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Shockeh posted:

I'm actually a Nigerian Prince who's been unlawfully imprisoned. If you'd only send me $500, I'll split the $2.4 million I have locked in trust with you...

can you please use spoiler tags if you're going to loving post the official backstories to future operators that haven't been released yet?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Thief posted:

can you please use spoiler tags if you're going to loving post the official backstories to future operators that haven't been released yet?

Would unironically play Operator who distracts enemies with 419 operations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

unlawfulsoup posted:

First the wallet inspector today and now the drat IRS.

Shockeh posted:

Find out what your RAINBOW SIX OPERATOR name is using the guide below, then post the result!

First Name: Credit card number
Last Name: CCV number
Nationality: Expiry date

EDIT:

Shockeh posted:

Would unironically play Operator who distracts enemies with 419 operations.

Hah, yeah I mean, they basically have a telemarketer (Dokkaebi) as it is, so it's the next logical step for Ubisoft to take! :v:
(Maybe working in conjunction with Dokkaebi, to dramatically increase the amount of time it takes for people to turn off their phone when she sets them off. Since instead of simply powering it down, they answer the SUPER IMPORTANT call from a TOTALLY LEGIT Microsoft employee, before eventually realizing it's a scam)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 7, 2018

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Major Isoor posted:

(Maybe working in conjunction with Dokkaebi, to dramatically increase the amount of time it takes for people to turn off their phone when she sets them off. Since instead of simply powering it down, they answer the SUPER IMPORTANT call from a TOTALLY LEGIT Microsoft employee, before eventually realizing it's a scam)

Only if they use the Payday 2 guys when they're answering the pagers for it. Preferably Hoxton.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Only if they use the Payday 2 guys when they're answering the pagers for it. Preferably Hoxton.

Oh drat, I had forgotten about that! That would be amazing, not gonna lie :D

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Apparent leaks for the new ops:
" LION special ability is the 'EE-ONE-D' drone that detects enemies through walls when they move a kind of pulse but then as a drone above the map, so it's area is the whole map. and only if they move it stays for 10 seconds and you can use it 3 times

FINKA nanobots gives the entire team a hp boost of 40hp, it can stack on top of 100 (so 140 max), that boost also lasts 10 seconds. if you use her ability when somebody is dbno then they are revived with 40HP boost and then (i think 5hp) after boost and you can use it 2 times with a cooldown between them.

they are both attackers!!

FINKA has as weapons an SPEAR .308 (Assault rifle) with 38dmg, 780fire rate, 50 mobility and 30 capacity she also has the 6p41 light machine gun and sasg-12 shotgun LION has its V308 assault rifle with 44dmg and 850 firerate and 417 marksman rilfle and sg-cqb shotgun"

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
late to the siege party but game is super fun. shame about all the small children screaming and trolling but when its good its great.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Ugh. More wall-hacking abilities.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

tjones posted:

Ugh. More wall-hacking abilities.

Yea not a fan of either of those abilities if true. It is going to get to the point where you need to run out and engage the attackers outside at round start to have a fair fight.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

keyframe posted:

Yea not a fan of either of those abilities if true. It is going to get to the point where you need to run out and engage the attackers outside at round start to have a fair fight.

And once theyre in theyre never going to be taken out or tweaked, it'll be like mercy's rez. "integral to the character".

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

keyframe posted:

I'd be fine with it if it's not something you can easily use to line up a shot through walls- something like a top-down minimap with marks for where every player is.

It does call it an "overview of the battlefield," which sounds more like what I describe than something like Jackal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

It does call it an "overview of the battlefield," which sounds more like what I describe than something like Jackal.

Speaking of which, personally I absolutely cannot wait until they bring out a three-speed/roamer defender, who's gadget is a palm frond that they can use to sweep the ground, in order to hide their footprints from Jackal and any other similar attackers they bring out.
(And judging from Ela's gun, they'll probably give the palm operator a more portable version of the smartgun from Aliens! I can get behind that)

What can I say, I just think Jackal's ability is stupid. :colbert: (Same with Lesion's, when they still had it so that his gu mines were completely invisible)
Not a fan of the new operators; hopefully they bring in a defender who can easily counter their effects.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 7, 2018