Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is zinogre in this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
odogaron has been one of the easier monsters for me using dual blades

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This is the first monster hunter game I've played where every weapon looks fun to use.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

It’s ridiculous. Ranged is even fun now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

aw sheet just got to 7 star quests holy crap :eyepop:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The big monster hunter billboard outside my work and 14 year olds yelling “mon hun tanoshii!!” at me for a week tricked me into buying this insane jap turd.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The big monster hunter billboard outside my work and 14 year olds yelling “mon hun tanoshii!!” at me for a week tricked me into buying this insane jap turd.

Theyre smarter than u

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Theyre smarter than u

They’re mindless little fuckwits.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

apropos to nothing posted:

odogaron has been one of the easier monsters for me using dual blades

i haven't actually fainted to him but he's the first monster in the series to really scare me, initial fight was like something out of bloodborne

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I fainted to him once. Dude is scary how agile he is. Can leap entirely across a zone and hit twice in the span of 2 seconds. Real tough if you’re not expecting it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
if this game was on switch i think id be covered head to toe in bed sores right now. cant stop hunting these big bad boys

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
high rank hunts are nuts

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

if this game was on switch i think id be covered head to toe in bed sores right now. cant stop hunting these big bad boys

it’s at the point where i wish it was on 3ds , both so i could play on my commute and the small screen and controls would prevent me from playing every other waking hour.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
oh, hot tip for getting decorations in early HR: the slay 13 shamos event thats going on gives you an average of one per completion. its just killing lizards so im using it as a temporary replacement for the training area, but its worth going through it a couple times for the headgear it unlocks even if you dont like whatever decorations you get

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

i haven't actually fainted to him but he's the first monster in the series to really scare me, initial fight was like something out of bloodborne

first time i saw him ws his turf war with radobaan, which is one of the fuckin sickest things i've ever seen in a video game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yesterday i found out you can tranq bomb monsters while they sleep without waking them up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if a monsters just over the capture threshold you cn tranq them, trap them, and beat them up and the cap'll trigger as soon as you get below the threshold

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

incredible data, hunters. thank you for your research

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Been loving monsters up with a bad rear end hammer. You charge up and start spinning till you knock em down. It gives a very satisfying zug-zug-zug-zug-zug-zug-SLAM.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah the hammer looks like crazy fun.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Over There posted:

Been loving monsters up with a bad rear end hammer. You charge up and start spinning till you knock em down. It gives a very satisfying zug-zug-zug-zug-zug-zug-SLAM.

Zug zug. Something need doing?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Odogaron rolls over for greatswords because of how consistent his attack rhythm is, and most of his attacks use his head so when you tackle through them, he usually gets stunned out of the move with his face right in front of you

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Diabolos can suck every dick though

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
did a couple hunts with the switch axe and its amazingly fun. all the weapons are so good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the move where you jam the greatsword into the monster and unleash a hundred explosions is so insane. god bless this game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The gun lance looks interesting but I couldn’t get the hang of it. I decided to go with the insect glaive. Those dust explosions are so neat.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Problem I had with the gunlance is that you are more or less standing still while using it
I have found a new love in the bagpipes. The buffs are nuts when fighting with 3 other people.

also I unlocked rank 7 quests today and this game just keeps going, it's insane. I love it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man i wish they'd given hammer big bang some pvp superarmor, i keep gettin flinched out by whatever numbnuts with an LS decided they'd do more damage on the head than me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The gun lance looks interesting but I couldn’t get the hang of it. I decided to go with the insect glaive. Those dust explosions are so neat.

the gun lance is sort of hard to get a hang of since it has like a bunch of different modes and ammo and poo poo you have to keep track of. goonbless

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
there are so many amazing weapon designs in this game, its nuta

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
also. i implore you. please try out the full face covering tattoo set to as metallic and glossy as possible

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Move over charge blade, it’s great sword time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve been using katanas exclusively but I want to try something else out. What else is cool but not too tricky since this is my first MH.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Gigante posted:

I’ve been using katanas exclusively but I want to try something else out. What else is cool but not too tricky since this is my first MH.

Hammer was really easy to learn

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
My tip would be to just go in the training area and try all of them, if you haven't. But the greatsword is pretty straightforward to use, and the commission sword's gimmick is relatively simple (build charge - store charge - unleash). Any new weapon is gonna take some getting used to.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I wish all these weapons were in Bloodborne

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

hammer's good nd easy, also dual blades or switch axe. maybe gs if you want to branch a bit further out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thanks I’ll try hammers and the charge sword

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
you should def try out the switch axe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You’d think hammers would be the super slow and super heavy hitting weapons, and greatswords would be the slow but moderately agile weapons, and not the other way around