Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

FFXV kicks rear end and with all the tweaks and additions they've tossed in since release, you're gonna have a great time

I get the feeling it's one of the ones where the general opinion of it will improve over time, now that it is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My friend hated FF15 so he gave me his copy for free but I never touched it

Gonna spend the $20 to upgrade to the Royal Edition and bam, got a sick rear end game baybee

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

FFXV kicks rear end and with all the tweaks and additions they've tossed in since release, you're gonna have a great time

i know man march 4 can't come soon enough

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

the Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS soundtrack is a collection of like, half of all of the greatest video game music ever

god nintendo is good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Never got the chance to play XV yet so I'm hella ready for the PC release! Also gives me time to play... *looks at long-rear end list of poo poo I've got since Christmas and coming out the next couple months* gently caress. That's not enough time.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you can play it all twice over while you wait for the download to finish

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are there Moogles in FFXV? Any that you can own?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I bought FFXV at launch and was thoroughly unimpressed with the open world part, does the game function if you pretend it's a 100% linear game and just drive from destination to destination without exploring

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Dynasty Warriors 9 doesn't have a Steam page.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

Dark Souls multiplayer was all completely opt-in and the in-game rewards were both mediocre and tacked on imo. Like I think opt-in is good for multiplayer, but that means it won't be integrated by necessity. In Demon's Souls it's directly integrated into the soul form/body form mechanic--you lose half your hp by dying, and the only way to get it back is to either beat a boss (either your own or someone else's via co-op) or steal it from another player. The game mechanics are driving you to do multiplayer, it comes with a commensurate reward, and you will necessarily be put in situations where you do pvp just by the nature of the game mechanics. It's less fun imo but it does feel more cohesive with the rest of the game which was my point.

Except you can just use ephemeral eyes to restore your health. Or wear the cling ring to heavily reduce the penalty. Demon's Souls multiplayer isn't any less opt-in than the rest of the series, where dying carries similar penalties that can be reverted through the same exact methods. The only Soulsborne game with truly opt-in multiplayer is Bloodborne, where dying has no penalty beyond losing echoes and you will never be forced to interact with other players if you don't ring a bell. This is also why Bloodborne's online is trash.

The only thing Demon's Souls multiplayer has going for it is that it works thematically better than the other games. Otherwise its buggy, terribly balanced, and vastly inferior to later iterations. But it was the first time From did this so obviously it was a very rough execution compared to later entries.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Chev posted:

I started playing it in december. Scouts work fine, division quests or whatever they're called work fine, as do rewards. I haven't tried a special online boss but they at least get announced fine. The game does warn that some functions should have been disabled by I have no idea which.

Yeah, I figured it out. Seemed like I hit some server disconnect thing and it broke all the online features.

I think I'm starting to figure out the game too. I was stuck for a while because I went looking for those mining spots or whatever they're called thinking they need higher level requirements the further you are from the main city. Turns out you're just supposed to follow the roads all the way to the next zones.

I found a power leveling guide though, so might use that to try and speed run the game. The sooner I beat it, the sooner I go buy a switch!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when am i supposed to watch ff15 brotherhood in the context of the game? i don't wanna watch it beforehand if it spoils things.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

It's still only half a game, they just added fluff to the first half instead of actually finishing the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Brotherhood doesn't really spoil anything and has good character backstory.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

VideoGames when're we gonna work on making a video game :v:

I will try to put some time aside this next few days!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I bought FFXV at launch and was thoroughly unimpressed with the open world part, does the game function if you pretend it's a 100% linear game and just drive from destination to destination without exploring
yeah i enjoyed it, though id recmmend doing sidequests that seem easy to do. just follow the nier guide. if a sidequest seems interesting and you can do it without much pain, do it, if it seems boring or like too much trouble, don't.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXV was always finished, it is what it is. They've added stuff since with like dlc packs and such but the original narrative is there and largely unchanged

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's really cool that they did character focused DLC for the boys and then before the last one was even out, they said "we want to do more for the villain and side characters too"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FF15 is largely a tease of what could've been. At the end of chapter 1 you're introduced to the rogue's gallery, all die off screen before the end.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DC Murderverse posted:

the Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS soundtrack is a collection of like, half of all of the greatest video game music ever

god nintendo is good.

i hope they keep hiring the lady who did the music for wild arms to remix zelda and donkey kong country themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydpz1RSPeDs

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 6, 2018

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

FFXV was always finished, it is what it is. They've added stuff since with like dlc packs and such but the original narrative is there and largely unchanged

By that logic, no game has ever released unfinished

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

thats probably true, anything that isn't being worked on anymore is finished by definition

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ometeotl posted:

Some games are more finished than others.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Procedurally Generated Kirby
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/lt2fD3

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ometeotl posted:

Never played Ultima 8, eh? It was unfinished even going by those criteria. Truly a spectacular achievement.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

It's true

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

Are there Moogles in FFXV? Any that you can own?

Moogles are only owned in 13-2 and Lightning Returns.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/960634369881845761

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GqUb9u458

Global Peace was achieved through...a computing error. Fitting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man that guy in Hawaii is just loving up all the alerts.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They played us like a grand piano.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe I should play MGSV again....

al-azad
May 28, 2009

MGSV is also on my "finish this" list. Got through the main portions, reached the point where they recycled missions, and just gave up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

MGSV is also on my "finish this" list. Got through the main portions, reached the point where they recycled missions, and just gave up.

You don't have to do any of the recycled missions and there isn't that much left

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I never played MGSV but I watched all the cutscenes on youtube cause I didn't have a PS4 all the time and I am a loving fiend for Metal Gear Lore

im sorry for my gamer crimes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

it hurts when i see mgsv stuff

it was so close to being literally the perfect game. if kojima only had another year... :negative:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
some day i'll play mgsv and be able to join the mgsv conversation

the bad part is i still won't be able to talk about mgs3 because the universe has conspired against my every attempt to play the mgs hd collection

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-9r4WFPEw

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
For anyone that's interested, I ran the PC FF-15 benchmark, and 1080p at "Standard" locked to 60fps via Rivatuner gets you a score of a little over 6k ("High").

Sadly, my 3.7GHz R7 1700 + GTX 1060 can only do the highest 1080p setting at 35-55fps. :sigh: You'll probably need a 1070 for 60fps and/or an Intel CPU.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 6, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
some of the boss fights in ff15 were so garbage did they change those at all? The Leviathan fight in particular was a loving joke and everything after the train ride was poo poo and apparently they never fixed any of that(?) so prepare for potential disappointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot how much I don't like the last half of Final Fantasy XII.

• Locked thread