Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Bucks really need any kind of center

Anybody will do

Robin Lopez for Teletovic and a lottery protected 1st in like 2020 or 2021?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The trade was good imo. Don't talk to me about the cap three years from now or whatever.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Henchman of Santa posted:

The trade was good imo. Don't talk to me about the cap three years from now or whatever.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/960695681995304960

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mr. Mambold posted:

He's a lefty like me and no finesse, just a straight hammer to the pocket.

edit- I can hear you thinking Fred Flintstone, ghost dog, go ahead and get the easy lols

https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3554

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I think the league is trending towards smarter GMs who aren't being forced into garbage win now situations by their owners. So less pressure to mortgage futures.

Mmm but on the other hand owners will stay greedy and demanding forever and there will always be someone whose job is on the line and needs to trade ANYBODY and TODAY to show their worth

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Can you imagine Kareem's acerbic as gently caress response if he was asked by a reporter about being compared to Andre Drummond?

Some reporter should ask him about it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/960598710450188288

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Stanley Johnson going to the Spurs and learning to shoot would be pretty cool.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a kawhi factory. athletic forwards who cant shoot go in, mvps come out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spurs moving on from Kwahi what a sad end to a nothing era

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
that's a clue that the pistons should keep stanley johnson

yell thanks suckers and hang up laughing every time the spurs call

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kings are down 28-9 after the first and the new social media guy is either getting fired or promoted

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/960718542713663489

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Niwrad posted:

Robin Lopez for Teletovic and a lottery protected 1st in like 2020 or 2021?

They probably prefer someone more fleet footed. Teletovic is the lowest bball iq euro ever now that Mario Hezonja has sort of learned what basketball is. Mirza Teletovic is Gerald Green if Gerald Green was a tough guy. He just shoots the ball no matter what.

Rick posted:

Stanley Johnson going to the Spurs and learning to shoot would be pretty cool.

I wonder if there's some kind of REASON that Kawhi didn't join EVERY OTHER NBA PLAYER in letting his hair out! The Spurs know stanley just needs some braids or some clippers. drat it! You can only get players to subscribe to hair theory if there's a team dinner every night with obscure wine lists.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

What the hell would they even get for him?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Coach GM win now mode, like Patty Mills and Danny Green for Stanley Johnson and a bad contract

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Apparently the Spurs are interested in Willy hernangomez too
I'm sure there's posting record of me wanting them to acquire Stanley pull the trigger RC

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lavine just dunked on some dude named Sampson hard.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/960726885444579328

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

And no one got T'd up? That's almost as amazing as the dunk

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Edit:

no announcer in the nba is better at being incredulous that an opponent got dunked on than stacey king

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

They probably prefer someone more fleet footed. Teletovic is the lowest bball iq euro ever now that Mario Hezonja has sort of learned what basketball is. Mirza Teletovic is Gerald Green if Gerald Green was a tough guy. He just shoots the ball no matter what.

Yeah I was looking for the worst contract on the Bucks and that was it. Figured Lopez would be a big upgrade but probably not enough for a 1st (even in the late future). I was trying to find a way to get Holiday in the deal too but the Bucks just don't have bad contracts to give up.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexo posted:

Edit:

woah, JaKarr is back in the league

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Tae posted:

Coach GM win now mode, like Patty Mills and Danny Green for Stanley Johnson and a bad contract

Mills and Green make $20m combined, so Detroit would have to throw in about $17m in addition to Johnson to make the salaries match. So Leuer and Ish Smith or Galloway. Don't see the benefit for the Spurs especially since Green is pretty important for the defense.

More likely would be Kyle Anderson and a 1st for Johnson. We have this Bryn Forbes that may interest you.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

R.D. Mangles posted:

no announcer in the nba is better at being incredulous that an opponent got dunked on than stacey king

"he aint come for the massage he came for the facial" is just the loving greatest

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

Kings are down 28-9 after the first and the new social media guy is either getting fired or promoted

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/960718542713663489

update:

Promoted
https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/960734389696045057

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao the miracle bulls are going to blow it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wow the Heat are dog poo poo again who knew?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Bulls just pulled off the most spectacular Tank win of all time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Ahaha, the Kings won

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/960745362146320389

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
what are you guys talking about Mirza for isn't his career over due to the lung clots?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Apparently the Spurs are interested in Willy hernangomez too
I'm sure there's posting record of me wanting them to acquire Stanley pull the trigger RC

It feels like they've been trying to get Stanley Johnson for years now. The spurs also desperately need a backup center because Joffrey Lauvergne is not good. I feel like Mills, Gay, and Green should all be on the block at this point.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

I don't like Stan but he is not that stupid. Danny Green cannot shoot anymore and Patty Mills is a less good Ish Smith. They'd have to trade kawhi + something for andre drummond and reggie jackson and johnson for it to come out. Never going to happen.

The next CBA has an amnesty is a guarantee. They gave themselves an amnesty before and they'll do it again.

The Pistons will need it for the last 2 years of blake griffin and will be paying out 70m over 7 years

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't like Stan but he is not that stupid. Danny Green cannot shoot anymore and Patty Mills is a less good Ish Smith. They'd have to trade kawhi + something for andre drummond and reggie jackson and johnson for it to come out. Never going to happen.

The next CBA has an amnesty is a guarantee. They gave themselves an amnesty before and they'll do it again.

The Pistons will need it for the last 2 years of blake griffin and will be paying out 70m over 7 years

Next CBA opt-out is after the 2022-23 season, that means the entirety of Blake's contract is Guaranteed with a big G.

Or you could stretch it, but that would mean multiple years with 10+ million in dead money.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Lowry and Demar are 2cute

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/960524679818592256

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Woah I just realized the Pistons were four games below .500 before the Blake trade. I guess my mind was stuck on their hot start.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Woah I just realized the Pistons were four games below .500 before the Blake trade. I guess my mind was stuck on their hot start.

Yeah we were in a tailspin for about 30 games. That hot start is why the team is even in playoff contention.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do the Heat suck now?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Whoever loses to Orlando this season sucks hot dick. Out of the Heat, Pistons and 76ers who do you guys figure gets left out of the playoffs?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Whoever loses to Orlando this season sucks hot dick. Out of the Heat, Pistons and 76ers who do you guys figure gets left out of the playoffs?

If Embiid stays healthy: Miami. If he doesn't, probably Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do the Heat suck now?

Yeah, my use of team success for saying Dragic was not a bad all-star pick (though note I said it should be Kemba) is not aging very well.

• Locked thread