Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results
  • Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns did alternate video promos insisting they would defeat the other to get a spot in the Elimination Chamber. Bray claimed that when you hit rock bottom like Roman has, you'll find Bray Wyatt waiting down there for you. He perhaps didn't really think that one through.

• Roman Reigns defeated Bray Wyatt (shocking, I know) to gain a spot in the Elimination Chamber. Woken Matt Hardy was shown during the match watching on television within a white void. After the match Matt appeared behind Bray and hit the Twist of Fate, then did the DELETE gesture along with the crowd, who were really into it.

• Seth Rollins met with Jason Jordan backstage to discuss their tag title match tonight. Jordan assured Seth he was medically cleared and at 100% and there wouldn't be a repeat of his tagging out unexpectedly last week. Seth just reminded him that they needed to work together if they were going to be a real team.

• Finn Balor and Karl Anderson defeated The Revival in a tag match.

• Sasha was watching her defeat by Asuka last week, and Bayley came by to ask for advice on how SHE could beat Asuka. Sasha wouldn't give her that advice, and Bayley understood it was because it needed to be every woman for themselves at the Elimination Chamber. But she pointed out that if Sasha was convinced she could beat Asuka, Bayley must be able to as well because she knew she could beat Sasha.

• Cedric Alexander and Mustafa Ali defeated Drew Gulak and Tony Neese. 205 Live GM Drake "Rockstar Spud" Maverick was on commentary doing everything he could to push the Cruiserweights, the ongoing tournament for a new Champion, and getting people to watch 205 Live.

• Kurt Angle came to the ring to announce the participants in the Women's Elimination Chamber match (it seemed like he almost forgot the name of the PPV): Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Mandy Rose, Mickie James, Sonya Deville and Sasha Banks. He noted that Nia Jax was not present, because he had made a match between Nia and Asuka and if Nia won, she would be added to the Women's Title match at Wrestlemania (whether Asuka chose the Raw or Smackdown Women's Title?).

• Alexa Bliss came out and demanded to know why her title was on the line at Elimination Chamber, but Brock wouldn't have to defend his belt at the Elimination Chamber and that wasn't fair. Kurt pointed out that Brock defended his title at the Rumble but Alexa hadn't defended hers in 3 months, but she pointed out that SHE wasn't the matchmaker and accused him again of being sexist. Kurt turned it over to the crowd, asking if they wanted her to defend her title at the Elimination Chamber, and they chanted yes.

• Cena did a backstage cameraphone promo about winning the match tonight to increase his chances of winning the Elimination Chamber.

• As part of Black History month, they showed a video package of Roman Reigns and Mark Henry visiting the Civil Rights museum and discussing the Lunch Counter sit-in protests.

• Asuka submitted Bayley with her armbar. The match was solid but not up to last week's Sasha/Asuka match, and the crowd was mostly dead the whole way through. Bayley eventually agreed to shake Asuka's hand after the match, but looked conflicted about her loss.

• A taped promo from earlier in the day had The Bar taking great delight in talking poo poo about Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan.

• Miz came out with Bo Dallas (but no Curtis Axel) and did a promo about how great he is, how even a top star like Roman Reigns couldn't beat him, and that even the Eagles' coach showed his most recent match to the team to inspire them to win the Superbowl. He said he would quality for the Elimination Chamber and face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, and his daughter would be born in time to see him become the new Universal Champion.

• Miz defeated Apollo Crews to qualify for the Elimination Chamber. Apollo looked good but Miz ended up crotching him on the ropes and hitting the Skull Crushing Finale.

• Jordan was backstage with Kurt and medical officials, and explained to Seth that he had hurt himself doing neck bridges and couldn't compete tonight. Kurt told Seth he had no choice but to make them forfeit the match, but then Roman Reigns showed up, Seth gave Kurt a meaningful look and he agreed to let Roman replace Jordan.

• The Bar retained their tag team titles at the end of a messy but fun match. Jason Jordan had come down to offer moral support and was told to gently caress off by Roman Reigns. When The Bar attempted to escape with the belts, Jordan prevented them from going, but when they threw a punch he instinctively blocked it and threw one back, causing Seth and Roman to be DQed.

• Braun did a cameraphone promo insisting he is and always will be the last man standing.

• Seth was screaming at Jordan backstage and called him a Son of a Bitch. Kurt was furious (his college lay wasn't a bitch!) and broke them up, then insisted that Jordan go home.

• Nia Jax obliterated a local jobber. She did an in-ring promo afterwards saying she wasn't scared of Asuka, she would smash up her face so she had to wear the mask permanently, and make her into the Empress of Yesterday.

• Mickie James defeated Sonya Deville, and instantly got jumped by Mandy Rose while Paige shouted encouragement. Alexa Bliss rushed down and helped Mickie escape, much to everybody (including Mickie's) confusion. Sonya may have gotten a broken nose in the match.

• Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Matt Hardy and Apollo Crews will have a Fatal Fourway next week to decide the final qualifying spot in the Elimination Chamber.

• Elias did a concert, getting the crowd good and riled up

• Elias pinned John Cena in the Triple Threat Main Event with John Cena and Braun Strowman, to give him the last entry point in the Elimination Chamber (so... he comes out of the pod last? Or he starts the match?). He'd tossed Braun out of the ring in order to steal the pin, so Braun attacked Elias afterwards and hit him with Powerslams to the crowd's roars of approval.

• It looked like the show was over, but Braun stuck around in the ring for a bit, motioned to the crowd if they wanted more, and when they cheered he continued to hit Powerslams on Cena and Elias.

Smackdown Results
  • Shane McMahon opened the show and called out Daniel Bryan, where he insisted the crowd didn't want to see Sami or Kevin get another title shot and that Bryan was playing favorites with them. Bryan retorted that he should ge a well-deserved payrise for giving Shane a match where his two least favorite wrestlers tore each other apart. Shane insisted that Bryan was being manipulated, that Kevin and Sami weren't like Bryan and he couldn't live vicariously through them now that he was unable to wrestle.

• AJ Styles came out, said both Bryan and Shane were obsessed with Kevin and Sami and he didn't give a poo poo about that, all he cared about was retaining his title.

• The New Day sat backstage reading tweets, part of an all-episode thing where people could live-tweet them questions.

• AJ passed Shinsuke Nakamura backstage. Shinsuke took great delight in leaning forward and mentioning once again,"I'm gonna beat you at Wrestlemania" and leaving.

• Charlotte Flair defeated Liv Morgan, with Riott Squad at ringside. After the match she noted to the commentary team that now she'd beaten two members of the Riott Squad, and that left one to go.

• Another Black Histoy month video showed Roman Reigns and Titus O'Neil attending the Civil Rights Museum and learning about the (lack of) rights of black sewerage workers and the Memphis Sanitation Strike.

• Renee interviewed Kevin Owens backstage, asking if their friendship would remain the same after their match tonight. Owens told her it was a good question for a change but better suited to Sami, because Sami was going to lose tonight.

• The Bludgeon Brothers murdered a couple of jobbers, with one trying to just walk out on the match he was so scared, only to be jumped by Rowan and thrown into the ring. Afterwards the Usos came out and eyeballed the Bludgeon Brothers.

• The Usos did a great promo about how they've changed and developed from also-rans to the Tag Team Champs. It was real good.

• Daniel Bryan revealed the Smackdown Roster Top 10 List, as supposedly voted on by the Smackdown Roster. The crowd didn't seem to particular care about this and it's unclear exactly what will come of it, as the "top people on the list were the current male and female champions so it's not like they can get MORE title opportunities.

10. Tye Dillinger
    9. Randy Orton
    8. Becky Lynch
    7. The Usos
    6. The New Day
    5. Bobby Roode
    4. Naomi
    3. Shinsuke Nakamura
    2. Charlotte Flair
    1. AJ Styles

• The New Day freaked out about coming in at #6 and make some cracks about beating up Corey Graves.

• Aiden English did a cameraphone promo in the gym about how Rusev was going to win the US Title. He then went to the ring and sang an entrance for Rusev. They put the lyrics on the screen with a bouncing Rusev head. :cripes:

• Bobby Roode retained his US Title in a lengthy match against Rusev. Post-match, as he was celebrating he was hit by an RKO-OUTTA-NOWHERE from Randy Orton, who then hit one on English and then Rusev.

• Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin did a send-up of The Fashion Files, mocking Breezango and The Ascension. This was accompanied by the same stupid text graphics that were all over the show last week.

• Gable and Benjamin defeated The Ascension in a tag match.

• The New Day answered a question about which of them would rank higher in an INDIVIDUAL Top Ten, and both BIG E and Xavier were quick to give Kofi the top spot. Kofi for his part told them that should be win the WWE Championship, he would break it up to share it with them too.

• Renee interviewed Sami backstage and he admitted that tonight was his chance to step out from Kevin's shadow.

• Dolph Ziggler returns next week.... to have a match with Baron Corbin :lol:

• Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn was just starting to get good when Sami started talking trash to AJ on commentary. AJ wasn't putting up with it and attacked them both, causing a DQ. As AJ stood in the ring shouting, Daniel Bryan came out with a microphone and declared that Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens would both compete for the WWE Championship at Fastlane in a Triple Threat match.

• The show went off the air with one of the commentators noting,"This is ridiculous."

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

WWE is reportedly set to tape a Latin American tournament this summer. Planeta Wrestling reports that WWE will look to Latin America for their latest tournament, following the Cruiserweight, Mae Young Classic and UK tournaments.

According to the site, the tournament will feature wrestlers from Chile, Peru, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil and other countries and will be held in Chile sometime by the end of August. At this time, there are no plans to crown a new champion or guarantee a full NXT contract to the winner.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I'm shocked it took this long for WWE to see Latin America as a viable market. I mean Brazil in particular is really poor (financially), but they would probably shell out some money for the network, and they are INCREDIBLY proud of their athletes, regardless of the field/occupation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm still assuming that Elias is going to be in a pod and it'll be the last to open, because nothing else makes any sense.

They did keep saying he's be the last to "enter the match" but it just sounds weird since the Elimination Chamber involves 4 guys coming out and getting into pods, then the last two coming out to start the match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a PSA for those who missed it: Asuka has indeed beat Nia on RAW already. WWE is real bad at remembering things. Or Nia is bad at promos. Or both!!! Regardless, Nia's promo tonight was not good, and it doesn't help that she sounded completely gassed after a very short squash match.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still assuming that Elias is going to be in a pod and it'll be the last to open, because nothing else makes any sense.

They did keep saying he's be the last to "enter the match" but it just sounds weird since the Elimination Chamber involves 4 guys coming out and getting into pods, then the last two coming out to start the match.

Hahaha I didn't think of that but if they do that, have him be one of the participants to start the match, but last to come out, I will nod sagely and sip a beer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

I thought that was obviously what they meant. He'll be the last person to "enter the match." Which in a Royal Rumble would make him #30 out and in a gauntlet would give him the last match but in the Chamber it just means his pod is the last to open.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I thought that was obviously what they meant. He'll be the last person to "enter the match." Which in a Royal Rumble would make him #30 out and in a gauntlet would give him the last match but in the Chamber it just means his pod is the last to open.

Once I wrote it down it made a hell of a lot more sense to me, there was something about the way it was worded on commentary that kept making me think,"He is the sixth person to be introduced... which means he starts the match?" and it was real weird.

DarkstarIV posted:

it doesn't help that she sounded completely gassed after a very short squash match.

Yeah I have to say, she did seem to be a little short on breath which was worrying, since that match was like 45 seconds long and didn't actually involve all that much cardio work.

Still, anything is better than that time Tamina just stole Charlotte's promo almost verbatim like 15 seconds after Charlotte did it.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
He's going to have his guitar and mic with him in the chamber, isn't he?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

Once I wrote it down it made a hell of a lot more sense to me, there was something about the way it was worded on commentary that kept making me think,"He is the sixth person to be introduced... which means he starts the match?" and it was real weird.
I mean, yeah, it was weirdly worded and the first time I saw/heard it I thought "I thought they all qualified already?" But once I put some thought to it it seems like there's only one logical interpretation.

Then again I'm talking about the same show that booked a segment where someone came out, made a pretty convincing case to the GM that the booking was unfair, the GM didn't disagree, and then they just left the match the same anyway. So I might be assuming too much.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I honestly kinda liked that Raw. I feel for Jason Jordan and Seth though since this fucks them both for Mania.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doing the opposite reading of "last to enter" with a heel GM is a good idea to do one year though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWCn0lhzi0

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a PSA for those who missed it: Asuka has indeed beat Nia on RAW already. WWE is real bad at remembering things. Or Nia is bad at promos. Or both!!! Regardless, Nia's promo tonight was not good, and it doesn't help that she sounded completely gassed after a very short squash match.

Asuka has beat everyone on the Raw women's roster except Mandy and Sonya.

I'm starting to think that Asuka is going to challenge Charlotte so she can move over to Smackdown and plow through that roster of women for the first time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That seems like a reason for the stipulation for the Nia/Asuka match.

Otherwise why even bother with that instead of a plain title match? Asuka chooses Smackdown, well Nia already had a shot at it might as well give it to her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Astro7x posted:

I'm starting to think that Asuka is going to challenge Charlotte so she can move over to Smackdown and plow through that roster of women for the first time

I have wanted to see Asuka vs Becky ever since that show where she did the Disarmer while going :haw: at Becky in the front row :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Working with Goldust is most likely a much better use and benefit to Mandy in the long run than Absolution:

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/960730887561318401

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would like to congratulate Mandy on finding her place as Aksana 2.0 doing Marlena cosplay.

I actually mean that sincerely, because it seems like a much better starting point than the Elimination Chamber. And hey, since people like to compare her to Trish even she got started managing Test and Albert.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow I can't believe Kurt Angle hates women smdh

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Astro7x posted:

Asuka is going to challenge Charlotte because there's no one who would be more prestigious for her to beat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The big defence about Daniel Bryan not Wrestling at Wrestlemania was that he was signing at WWE Axxess on Sunday morning. Something that no one on the main card of Wrestlemania pretty much never does. Now I am hearing that signing has been cancelled.

I did hear a RUMOUR that Daniel was cleared Monday, January 22nd. The same rumour had Bryan shooting angle with the Miz this week. Likely isn't true just telling what I've heard. Don't run wild with this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The word is that Vince finally took his hands off 205 Live last week. Seems common sense as it was a wildly different and more Wrestling/CWC centric.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

rovert posted:

The big defence about Daniel Bryan not Wrestling at Wrestlemania was that he was signing at WWE Axxess on Sunday morning. Something that no one on the main card of Wrestlemania pretty much never does. Now I am hearing that signing has been cancelled.

I did hear a RUMOUR that Daniel was cleared Monday, January 22nd. The same rumour had Bryan shooting angle with the Miz this week. Likely isn't true just telling what I've heard. Don't run wild with this.

:suspense:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

rovert posted:

too late i already ran screaming around my apartment complex at 2am that rovert says daniel bryans wrestling the miz at mania

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Matt Hardy and Apollo Crews will have a Fatal Fourway next week to decide the final qualifying spot in the Elimination Chamber.

Godammit WWE why must you keep my dreams of Finn main eventing Wrestlemania against Lesnar alive? Don't toy with my emotions like this :negative:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/956637085653282818

Bryan also Liked this tweet:

https://twitter.com/BrianBrittain84/status/955973796451831815

Meltzer had/has Miz Wrestling Braun at Wrestlemania. So who knows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope Jason Jordan fixes his broken freakin' neck and comes back and beats the crap out of Rollins and Roman. This whole plot is "Jordan tries to be friends with the Shield, the Shield are absolute tossers to him."

Also, I wonder how many finishers Roman can kick out of in one Raw.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Modern Miz/Bryan has been, what? More than a year and a half in the making? Also including history of Bryan's WWE debut it seems like a WM worthy match. Also Miz is safe seemingly so if they have Bryan come back as a part timer to keep him from going to NJPW or something it's probably the best first match he could have without a "hey Harper, drop me on my neck to test it out" situation

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Modern Miz/Bryan has been, what? More than a year and a half in the making? Also including history of Bryan's WWE debut it seems like a WM worthy match. Also Miz is safe seemingly so if they have Bryan come back as a part timer to keep him from going to NJPW or something it's probably the best first match he could have without a "hey Harper, drop me on my neck to test it out" situation

Just don't ask Bryan to do any dives out the ring :ohdear:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thankfully if he's only wrestling PPVs he won't have to do the "dive to the outside to set up a commercial break" spot so maybe he'll listen

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE pleading with you to watch MMC
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/960675818220367872

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

WWE pleading with you to watch MMC

Well maybe if there was actually a legal way for me to watch it live as a non-American I would!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Golden period of WWE tag teams

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/960817677387231232

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Waffleopolis posted:

He's going to have his guitar and mic with him in the chamber, isn't he?

I don't want him miced, but god would I love for Elias to be playing his guitar for those 20 minutes until he enters. Like just gently playing songs, as a minor background to the match.

Jerusalem posted:

Well maybe if there was actually a legal way for me to watch it live as a non-American I would!

The amount of WWE content that I can't watch as a network subscriber is ridiculous.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Miz-Bryan and AJ-Nakamura are two matches that would totally make a Wrestlemania.

Mandylena is good, Nia is trash and shouldnt be nowhere a WM main event.

I hope they do the tournament in Chile, here we watched the wwf with SIX months of delay and everyone still watched.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Matches for Smackdown:
Liv Morgan vs Charlotte
Rusev vs Bob Roode
Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I can't believe my hero Alexa Bliss is also a weak beta feminist. What has become of WWE!!!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
final fantasy xv for US$ 24,90

y/n?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

y/n?

Y

Story is meh but gameplay is fun, worth it at that price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I completely forgot about the Owens/Zayn match over the week. Now I'm excited to watch SD Live again.

DoctorGonzo posted:

y/n?

Where are you getting it for 25 bucks

• Locked thread