Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

MOTYC Almas vs Gargano, TakeOver Philadephia
HM Aleistee Black vs Adam Cole, Takeover Philadelphia
HM Women's Royal Rumble, RR 2018
HM Men's Royal Rumble, RR2018

Both rumbles were fun but I think I actually enjoyed the women's one more. Botchy but very entertaining indeed.

This plus:
MOTYC: Suzuki vs. Tanahashi
WMOTYC: Braun vs Kane vs Brock for the universal title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Honorable Mention - Asuka vs. Sasha Banks - WWE Monday Night Raw 2/29/18

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
HM: Asuka vs. Sasha Banks - RAW 1/29/2018 - That was a pretty nutty match, folks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sugar Blaster posted:

Thirding

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Sugar Blaster posted:

nth'd

excellent TV match that made both of them look oustanding

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sugar Blaster posted:

Absolutely.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

Yes sir

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Jun Kasai vs. Takashi Iizuka (K-DOJO TakaTaichiMania 1/23)
HM: Taichi vs. Tetsuya Naito (K-DOJO TakaTaichiMania 1/23)

hopefully NJPW puts them up as VOD, but if not SamuraiTV were filming so they'll end up on the RealHeroArchive

full show

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 31, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Tyler Bate vs TJP in Round One of the Cruiserweight Title Tournament - 205 Live

Bate has no business being as good as he is at such a young age. But he's REALLY loving good.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'd say hm is way too strong but it was a dang good match

if you want to see an even better dang good match: watch Roddy vs Bate on NXT tomorrow

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Shuji Ishikawa vs. HARASHIMA (DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Finals 1/28)

I didn't watch this at the time because it was sandwiched in between Takeover and the New Beginning but it was a really nice David vs. Goliath match where Goliath absolutely murders David. Ishikawa is fast becoming one of my favourites, which is good because he is apparently everywhere.

Also the winner sings a song at the end for reasons I'm not sure of.

I got the free trial of DDT to watch the Ibushi vs. Omega match and it's really worth checking that out if you haven't already btw.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Now that the insane weekend of shows has died down, I want to post these so they can get some eyes on them:

MOTYC: Volador Jr. © vs Bárbaro Cavernario [NWA WELTER] – NJPW Fantastica Mania Night Two – 01/21
https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00464_2_1 (1:59)
Both guys getting their moves in and the crowd and commentary heightening the drama. Best possible version of this match.

HM: Mephisto © vs Titán [CMLL WELTER] – CMLL Martes de Nuevos Valores – 01/23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDpiSiCfpdY&t=5895s
A title match in Arena Mexico on a Tuesday that was good enough to rival Volador/Cavernario's battle in Japan. Agility versus punishment is the story here. Titán is giving it his all and the crowd is into it. They have a very long third fall, which is the key to the best title matches in CMLL. I bought into the near falls at the end, and the actual finish was cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Boco_T posted:

I knew I should have been concentrating on the match but I couldn't take my eyes off that gigantic referee :stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I knew I should have been concentrating on the match but I couldn't take my eyes off that gigantic referee :stare:

You noticed the ref but not the ice cream cone on Mephisto's head? I'll second the HM.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Boco_T posted:

A title match in Arena Mexico on a Tuesday that was good enough to rival Volador/Cavernario's battle in Japan. Agility versus punishment is the story here. Titán is giving it his all and the crowd is into it. They have a very long third fall, which is the key to the best title matches in CMLL. I bought into the near falls at the end, and the actual finish was cool.

I'll 3rd this. That third fall elevated the match nicely.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll give a HM to both Volador Jr vs Barbaro Cavenario and Mephisto vs Titan.

e: I would highly recommend Volador vs Barbaro and the only reason I'm not giving it MOTYC is because I'm firmly behind Gargano vs Almas. If that match hadn't happened, I'd be more than willing to give a MOTYC to this one. If you have NJPWorld you should watch it!

TTBF fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 3, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'll HM Volador Jr./Barbara Cavernario too.

Also try one more time to get people to watch Iizuka/Kasai because it's one of my favourites this year.

https://rutube.ru/video/cc57f47e9a166dad9a8491ac8d757b35/

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When Defy's DEFY X show is released, y'all need to check out the Joey Janella vs Ravenous Randy match. It is bonkers. I'm just gonna post the notes I attempted to jot down between that match and the main event.

Several small dives and lots of slaps to begin. Randy's skin is so pale every slap leaves a bright red welt. Joey did a swanton from the top rope onto the hardwood floor. Put Randy in a chair, went to swanton, hit the chair with it after Randy dodged. Several slams into the chair by both until it was shattered. Joey went into the audience (at least four rows deep) and hurled 9 chairs into the ring. Two nearly hit the ref, who was visibly frightened. Hit randy twice, broke a ceiling light with one. Joey gathered chairs into a pile, put randy on top, went to swanton, got superplexed. Randy's back had a section the size of a fist that was skinned by the chairs. Several more spots revolving around the chair pile. Joey did a coup de grace to randy, who had a chair on him. Randy superplexed joey onto four chairs that were arranged like the ones in the Black vs Cole match. Randy pinned Joey and the place exploded.

It is very definitely a spot match but holy poo poo what a spot match.

e: Lucha Bros vs The Amerikan Gunz was also a good match at the show, but I don't know how much of that is the match and how much is the crowd going wild because the two tag teams weren't announced or advertised. Once the DVD comes out I'll be better able to know, and I'm hoping I can give it a HM because it ruled in person.

e2: Definitely get the DVD when it comes out.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 3, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Appreciate it, TTBF. Joey is my favourite wrestler to watch debut in a new promotion.

Apparently, Joey has something really crazy planned for the Great Sasuke match.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can't begin to imagine what those two have come up with.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Appreciate it, TTBF. Joey is my favourite wrestler to watch debut in a new promotion.

Apparently, Joey has something really crazy planned for the Great Sasuke match.

Really crazy by human standards, or really crazy by Sasuke/Janela standards?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No clue.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Kento Miyahara & YOSHITATSU vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama (AJPW Yokohama Twilight Blues 2/3)

didn't live up to their MOTYC from last year and it was hurt by the arena not really carrying crowd noise but still a really great match. Catch it when it goes up on the Real Hero Archive before AJPW's streaming service launches and you have to pay for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll second that, I enjoyed it way more than I ever thought I'd enjoy a YOSHITATSU match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'll second that, I enjoyed it way more than I ever thought I'd enjoy a YOSHITATSU match.

try to find some time to watch this one from last year before AJPW's streaming service launches and the Real Hero guys scrub all their archived AJPW matches. It's even better and Yoshi was the MVP in the match

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Jun Kasai vs. Takashi Iizuka (K-DOJO TakaTaichiMania 1/23)
HM: Taichi vs. Tetsuya Naito (K-DOJO TakaTaichiMania 1/23)

hopefully NJPW puts them up as VOD, but if not SamuraiTV were filming so they'll end up on the RealHeroArchive

These were better matches than I thought Iizuka and Taichi were capable of having.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The general quality of the first FCF Wrestling show of the year yesterday wasn't astonishing and felt more like a lot of setting up for the future, but I do have to rep Finnish wrestling whenever I have the chance. So...

HM: Smooth & Stoned Connection (Make Smooth and Jami Aalto) vs EstoniaboyZ (Kert Kukk and Mike Nomad)

Now, this was actually not a mindblowing match, and not even the best match on the card. Just a solid and fun tag with some cool comedy spots. However, why I want to give it a mention is the fact that according to FCF, this was the FIRST EVER MATCH the guests from our friends to the South have ever had. They had their heel act down to a t in their debut appearance AND they fit right in the ring wrestling-wise with the more experienced Finns. Really impressive stuff, hope to see them again!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Do you have a link to that Finnish match?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Do you have a link to that Finnish match?

Unfortunately not, no. FCF only very occasionally uploads matches to their YouTube channel, and if this one ends up there, it probably won't be for a while.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

was it you who posted that amazing King Kong Karhula match last year? I do wish the dude would come over to Scotland to work a few matches, partly for selfish reasons, partly b/c he’s a good hoss and he has a good chance of getting over around here

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Venomous posted:

was it you who posted that amazing King Kong Karhula match last year? I do wish the dude would come over to Scotland to work a few matches, partly for selfish reasons, partly b/c he’s a good hoss and he has a good chance of getting over around here

I did. Bad news: Karhula loving extremely unfortunately retired at the last FCF event of last year due to some severe shoulder problems. He's only 28 too, and now FCF is without its biggest babyface :sigh: It sucks so, so, so much. Who knows if he'll ever return to the ring but he didn't seem too optimistic in his final promo.

His absence was definitely felt last weekend. You could always count on him on delivering a great match even if the rest of the card was disappointing.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 5, 2018

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

I did. Bad news: Karhula loving extremely unfortunately retired at the last FCF event of last year due to some severe shoulder problems. He's only 28 too, and now FCF is without its biggest babyface :sigh: It sucks so, so, so much. Who knows if he'll ever return to the ring but he didn't seem too optimistic in his final promo.

His absence was definitely felt last weekend. You could always count on him on delivering a great match even if the rest of the card was disappointing.

Oh God no. :( That sucks so loving much. I really wanted him to make it big at some point, and that is just so drat disappointing. gently caress.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: WALTER (c) vs. Timothy Thatcher - Progress Atlas Championship (Progress Chapter 62 1/28)

I've seen Suzuki/Tanahashi. I've seen Almas/Gargano. I was at the Tokyo Dome. This was the best match I've seen in 2018. If you like seeing brutal, vicious strike battles and people beating the poo poo out of each other then you owe it to yourself to watch this match. It's absolutely worth paying for a month of Progress on it's own, but if you don't want to do that and have no moral qualms then it's available out there. Just do whatever you can to see this match. Definitely five stars in my book just based on how many times it made me yell out expletives sitting in my living room.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: EVIL & SANADA (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto IWGP Tag Team Championship (Road to New Beginning 2/6)

Fantastic closing stretch and really hot crowd pushed this to HM status in my book.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: EVIL & SANADA (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto IWGP Tag Team Championship (Road to New Beginning 2/6)

Fantastic closing stretch and really hot crowd pushed this to HM status in my book.

2nd because EVERYTHING IS EVIL including hot tags.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: WALTER (c) vs. Timothy Thatcher - Progress Atlas Championship (Progress Chapter 62 1/28)

I've seen Suzuki/Tanahashi. I've seen Almas/Gargano. I was at the Tokyo Dome. This was the best match I've seen in 2018. If you like seeing brutal, vicious strike battles and people beating the poo poo out of each other then you owe it to yourself to watch this match. It's absolutely worth paying for a month of Progress on it's own, but if you don't want to do that and have no moral qualms then it's available out there. Just do whatever you can to see this match. Definitely five stars in my book just based on how many times it made me yell out expletives sitting in my living room.

2nd. Its the :vince: smilie in match form

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yeah agreed, that Skullend into Rainmaker into Sanada countering with a Rainmaker was so good

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll throw another HM towards that match. Okada twitching after the rainmaker was great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I know that reversal sequence was the big moment to set up Saturday, but honestly, I think EVIL was the star of that match. He was just so good and has so much charisma in everything he does. (Plus I am way less certain about the outcome of the NEVER title match than I am about the prospect of SANADA of all people being the one to end Okada's 2 year reign)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I know that reversal sequence was the big moment to set up Saturday, but honestly, I think EVIL was the star of that match. He was just so good and has so much charisma in everything he does. (Plus I am way less certain about the outcome of the NEVER title match than I am about the prospect of SANADA of all people being the one to end Okada's 2 year reign)

if EVIL looked like SANADA then little Kazu would need to be worried about his spot