Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I know kayfabe on Twitter is tilting at windmills but come the gently caress on, Nia, you can't say that backstage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Or have him tag with/endorse Ricochet for a time period. They tried to do that with Kalisto but he isn't Rey special or remotely close. Neither is Raul Mendoza in NXT.
Or maybe use him as a bargaining chip to get Neville back for a potential match/program

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tato posted:

Nia calling out Asuka after losing to her numerous times is pretty funny. It would be like Glacier calling out Goldberg. I'm the only one who can beat you, I've scouted all your moves by being beaten up 30 times!

The Bayley Method!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQd6dp9cR4o
I think this is the first time Tozawa is on UUDD

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tato posted:

Nia calling out Asuka after losing to her numerous times is pretty funny. It would be like Glacier calling out Goldberg. I'm the only one who can beat you, I've scouted all your moves by being beaten up 30 times!

Replace Glacier with Meng and pretty much, yeah.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think Rey fell into the category of "ugh, him again?" toward the end of his last WWE run because, as WWE does, they just recycle the same few people and cram 'em all down our throats until we want to blow our brains out. That's the way it was for me, at least. Maybe it was also due to their need to make everybody a loser so you stop caring about seeing them, like winning the title and being clowned by Cena and losing it in the same night. It all just becomes so tiresome.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rey obviously badly needed time off for the last like year+ of his run and it affected his ringwork but he didn't want to take any time off because WWE was threatening to basically extend his contract by the amount of time he missed.

At least I think that's how it happened?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Look how many times the WWE has tried to replace Rey Misterio and failed

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The weirdest thing about the alexa promo was coach man agreeing with her

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gavok posted:

Replace Glacier with Jerry Flynn and pretty much, yeah.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That triple threat was quite the disappointment. :tipshat:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I remember the Kane/Mysterio series between surprisingly good, but that was mostly because Kane rag-dolled him around the arena which was awesome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rey/Mark Henry is the best series of Rey V Big Guy fights imo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Roman should win every belt

Svensken
May 29, 2010
You misspelled Braun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman should win every Braun

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Braun" is an anagram for "Urban". I have no idea what any of this means

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Svensken posted:

You misspelled Braun.

Sorry but I am a servant of the Roman empire and its leader, the big dog Roman reigns. My home is his yard.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So someone did some number crunching on some wrestlers for 2017, and holy poo poo Nia's win rate is abysmal. 14.1% in 2017. The third lowest in the main roster Women's Division. The only people lower are Tamina and Carmella.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

to be fair anyone who hated rey in the first place was dumb and irredeemable trash and rey is great

:hai:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Because those people were loving morons and Rey is one of the greatest wrestlers in history.

:hai:

rovert posted:

Or have him tag with/endorse Ricochet for a time period.

:hai::hf::hai:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

So someone did some number crunching on some wrestlers for 2017, and holy poo poo Nia's win rate is abysmal. 14.1% in 2017. The third lowest in the main roster Women's Division. The only people lower are Tamina and Carmella.

I'm glad that this meshes well with her being promoted as the woman's braun

E: I posted that before seeing the promo where they show her throwing women around while saying her entrance lyrics in a threatening voice

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 6, 2018

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I used to not like Rey a lot because I was a teenager and was in that period of like"uugggh this guy all the kids like uuuuggggh". And while I don't like his 619 splash compared to what it used to be, I know now I was a dumb kid and that Rey is cool.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
remember when nash lawn-darted rey lmao

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Member when Rey was strapped to a stretcher and Big Show (I think) slammed him into a ring post, dropping him face first with no way to protect himself lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

Member when Rey was strapped to a stretcher and Big Show (I think) slammed him into a ring post, dropping him face first with no way to protect himself lmao

That was what kicked off the Mayweather/Big Show angle, right? Man that Mania match was so much better than I thought it would be.

Also remember the "Dave.... you're hurting me!" thing from Rey/Batista? :allears:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
the only dumb rey move was the one where he'd just stand on the top rope and fall forward onto a guy w/o like jumping or anything.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i don't like Rey because he was supposed to be Batista's friend

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

That was what kicked off the Mayweather/Big Show angle, right? Man that Mania match was so much better than I thought it would be.
Wasn't Big E a part of Mayweather's entourage that night?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbin posted:

i don't like Rey because he was supposed to be Batista's friend

Dave Batista, not Fulgencio!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Booyaka Booyaka laddie

Edit: also Jerusalem I asked you to post that gif of the tna goblin like seven times and you never have :(

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 6, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/961013258584051718

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Good news on that front at least.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

never knew about scotty 2 hotty and funaki being partners. seems like something i absolutely woulda done on wwf smackdown 2: know you are role because that's two jobbers i liked.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

He really is Angles son

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Someone posted this on Reddit, but it was pretty neat to see, but here's a much greener/younger Asuka practicing various submission holds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09yzQepph8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3_HYj6K6Bg

She's probably one of the most technical wrestlers on the roster, and I can see WWE keeping her around as a trainer at the Performance Center once she decides to retire.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Was this before or after Vito started wearing a dress

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

So, uh, what did his wife say?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jack Anderson posted:

Good news on that front at least.

Too bad its fake news

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

More #FAKENEWS from WWE. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Like I'm going to believe news from a company that does fake fighting

I'll wait until Dave Meltzer says it thank you very much!!!

• Locked thread