Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Does NOAH have a streaming site? Because I can't really find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

Does NOAH have a streaming site? Because I can't really find anything.

no and there's no words if that's ever going to change. Which is a shame because I really took a liking to the new sleazy indie noah.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Venomous posted:

Is the AJPW archive dying too?

Yes. I'm currently grabbing as much of the Joshi stuff as I can, and then I hope to move onto the shoot style promotions. If someone could grab the shoot style stuff, it'd help a lot in preserving this older content that isn't going to be on a streaming service.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the guy who runs the archives said it would be up for now. I'm personally skkepical much old stuff would be avaiable

https://twitter.com/wvredskinsfan/status/960865634069499904

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
From today's F4W update

quote:

Minoru Suzuki is putting together a Takaymania show at Korakuen Hall on August 31st to support Yoshihiro Takayama.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/W_1_official/status/965581358553645056

Mutoh's having knee surgery to have artificial joints replace his broken-rear end real ones. So he's going to do one more moonsault in an eight-man tag at Korakuen.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jesus christ, Mutoh's legs are going to explode off if he does one.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

super macho dude posted:

Jesus christ, Mutoh's legs are going to explode off if he does one.
So what? The new ones are already in the mail.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kobashi started using the lariat as a finish in 1996 but still did dozens of moonsaults a year for a while and is now pretty much a cripple. Mutoh started using the shining wizard in 2001 but still did moonsaults regularly and now he will need to become a cyborg. Misawa was the old partner cop who got shot a week before his retirement about to retire because of his bad neck but still took a backdrop driver in that tag match.

*sigh*

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Meanwhile, Kawada had his last match with little fanfare, dropped a ton of weight, and like a billion other wrestlers, went off to run his own restaurant.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Suzuki has most of his original parts.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Coaaab posted:

Meanwhile, Kawada had his last match with little fanfare, dropped a ton of weight, and like a billion other wrestlers, went off to run his own restaurant.
The ratio of restaurants to people in Japan is pretty close to 1:1.

coconono posted:

Suzuki has most of his original parts.
And he has relied on a style that focuses on personality and submissions rather than bumps or top rope moves. Hmmmm.

A similar example is Tenryu's very simplistic style based around taunts and small strikes allowing him to be awesome at a point in his career where most guys would be jokes or retired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Suzuki is not in great shape for his age, he's not the wreck the other guys are but he's reportedly in a lot of pain and I doubt his brain is all there from the knockouts.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

MassRafTer posted:

Suzuki is not in great shape for his age, he's not the wreck the other guys are but he's reportedly in a lot of pain and I doubt his brain is all there from the knockouts.

yeah, but by wrestling standards he's only 65 years young!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ditch posted:

A similar example is Tenryu's very simplistic style based around taunts and small strikes allowing him to be awesome at a point in his career where most guys would be jokes or retired.

This. It’s well worth checking out Tenryu’s matches with Muto and Kojima from when he was 51 and 52, because he absolutely shines and he makes his opponents look amazing too.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 21, 2018

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Even working a smart style like Tenryu, he's still in very rough shape at this point. I don't think you can do a hard Japanese style for all those years and come out without having your body broken.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Hulk Hogan doing his style couldn’t keep his body together. Wrestling is bad for you.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Coaaab posted:

:unsmith:

Kawada was always my favorite of the Pillars.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

tzirean posted:

:unsmith:

Kawada was always my favorite of the Pillars.

Trained the best student of all them too

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ahahahaha!

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I just want to be flooded with HUSTLE gifs, I can never get enough.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I am so mad that I forgot about that gif.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do we know if old stuff will be on All Japan's network

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

Do we know if old stuff will be on All Japan's network

From what others have said, no. The TV network that originally aired the old All Japan footage owns the rights

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
here ajpw 3/25 saitama super arena community arena (not the main arena) card

Triple Crown Championship: Joe Doering (c) vs. Kento Miyahara
World Tag Team Championship: Zeus & Bodyguard (c) vs. Ryoji Sai & Dylan James (James Raideen)
World Junior Heavyweight Championship: Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
All Asia Tag Team Championship: Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (c) vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi
Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

here ajpw 3/25 saitama super arena community arena (not the main arena) card

Triple Crown Championship: Joe Doering (c) vs. Kento Miyahara
World Tag Team Championship: Zeus & Bodyguard (c) vs. Ryoji Sai & Dylan James (James Raideen)
World Junior Heavyweight Championship: Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
All Asia Tag Team Championship: Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (c) vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi
Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai

Is this the lobby with the giant windows that Sengoku had to run once during a Black Eyed Peas concert?

That's such a weird venue.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

Is this the lobby with the giant windows that Sengoku had to run once during a Black Eyed Peas concert?

That's such a weird venue.

i believe so yeah

here's the full card courtesy of purolove

-. Atsushi Maruyama, Yutaka Yoshie, Naoshi Sano, Keiichi Sato & Carbell Ito vs. Masakado, Ishikiri, Revlon, Takashi Daimonji & FG Mask
-. Masanobu Fuchi, Yohei Nakajima & TAJIRI vs. Osamu Nishimura, Ultimo Dragon & Kotaro Suzuki
-. Koji Iwamoto vs. Josh Bodom
-. The Road to 2018 Champion Carnival Special Tag Match: KAI & Naoya Nomura vs. Yoshitatsu & Yuji Hino
-. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
-. All Asia Tag Team Title: Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (c) vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi
-. Special Six Man Tag Match: Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai
-. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Zeus & The Bodyguard (c) vs. Ryouji Sai & Dylan James
-. Triple Crown: Joe Doering (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

what a wild assortment of matches. really looking forward to it shame it isnt being broadcast live. i'm especially curious what Ryoji Sai does for them that's so valuable that they book all his trainees and let him bring back the All Asia Heavyweight title to give to himself.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Josh Bodom is a weird name to see there

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

i believe so yeah

here's the full card courtesy of purolove

-. Atsushi Maruyama, Yutaka Yoshie, Naoshi Sano, Keiichi Sato & Carbell Ito vs. Masakado, Ishikiri, Revlon, Takashi Daimonji & FG Mask
-. Masanobu Fuchi, Yohei Nakajima & TAJIRI vs. Osamu Nishimura, Ultimo Dragon & Kotaro Suzuki
-. Koji Iwamoto vs. Josh Bodom
-. The Road to 2018 Champion Carnival Special Tag Match: KAI & Naoya Nomura vs. Yoshitatsu & Yuji Hino
-. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Shuji Kondo
-. All Asia Tag Team Title: Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (c) vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi
-. Special Six Man Tag Match: Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai
-. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Zeus & The Bodyguard (c) vs. Ryouji Sai & Dylan James
-. Triple Crown: Joe Doering (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

what a wild assortment of matches. really looking forward to it shame it isnt being broadcast live. i'm especially curious what Ryoji Sai does for them that's so valuable that they book all his trainees and let him bring back the All Asia Heavyweight title to give to himself.

It's so weird to watch stuff in that venue with the massive skyscrapers through the window. Worth checking out on top of the card.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taiji Ishimori has quit NOAH.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

TNA claims another!

If Bushiroad isn't callin him right away I'll be quite mad

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Only to wind back on NOAH show's, now just with the freelancer status.

It seemed kinda abrupt and he was really tight on details, did he get signed to a bigger company?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/973096703069896704

Sounds like he's saying he wants to be in either WWE or NJPW.

There are also rumours swirling around that *potential spoilers for the last NOAH show* Kenoh making this longer so it's not obvious by the length may quit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ishimori leaving NOAH doesn't surprise me, and I expect after a few years he'll be back.

I am really surprised that Kenoh dropped the title on his 4th defense. I figured they'd run it up to at least 10 before swapping out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mortenvh/status/974538168644001792?s=20

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mortenvh/status/974590839124045825?s=20

This is the exact same time as that AJPW show so I guess if you're interested in both, you need to choose

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Is Abema going to make it available worldwide? That is a key differentiator.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Adaptabullshit posted:

Is Abema going to make it available worldwide? That is a key differentiator.

The ones that have been streamed free on Abema have been streamed free on DDT Universe as well so far. That might change because this is a Sumo Hall show and not Tokyo Joshi Pro in Shinkiba but I'm going to assume not. I'm subscribed to DDT so I still have to choose.

https://www.ajpw.tv is live now for anyone who wants to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

coconono posted:

Ishimori leaving NOAH doesn't surprise me, and I expect after a few years he'll be back.

I am really surprised that Kenoh dropped the title on his 4th defense. I figured they'd run it up to at least 10 before swapping out.

I just watched this show and was quite surprised at Kenoh losing.

Go Shiozaki vs Kaito Kiyomiya was brutal as hell and the main of Kenoh vs Sugiura was drat stiff as well.
I could do with fewer tag matches though. That tag title match with Yone/Quiet Storm felt like it lasted two hours, it was so slow paced and boring.

I still can't get over Sugiura having open heart surgery in June and coming back to wrestling in October. That is some insane poo poo.