Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's more about Laine being goofy and admitting stuff like not knowing anyone on the Jets when he got drafted because no one ever played as them in NHL video games because they sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Patty Laine gaming CoD every day with Ehlers and Barkov loving rules

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Patrik Laine’s disgusting Amish beard owns almost as much as he does

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
fire
av

he
bad

trade some guys and call up Chytil and Andersson

watch rangers still be bad but maybe mildly entertaining instead of unwatchable

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

fire
av

he
bad

trade some guys and call up Chytil and Andersson

watch rangers still be bad but maybe mildly entertaining instead of unwatchable

We aren't seeing them this year. It's not worth burning a year off their ELCs.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Fire AV meme aside the Rangers season's a wrap so why not keep AV until the off season, I'm down for tanking and a fire sale tbh

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i am excite for Aho to destroy the Flyers tonight because the flyers are bad, op

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Matt Zerella posted:

We aren't seeing them this year. It's not worth burning a year off their ELCs.

Actually sounds like Andersson is going back to Sweden. I don't know what the gently caress they were doing with that whole thing :psyduck:

Usually Rangers management is pretty good with this poo poo but handling Andersson has been weird. Best I can figure is that since he was injured in NA during the WJCs and rehabbing in the states so they decided to give him a few AHL games, but are going to send him back now? I dunno

As for burning ELCs, I think if they feel it's best for Chytil to get NHL experience at the end of the year and that would be a benefit for his development then they'll do it. I don't think the ELC thing matters as much to teams as does the 40 game limit before you burn a year of their experience towards becoming an UFA

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Wamsutta posted:

Fire AV meme aside the Rangers season's a wrap so why not keep AV until the off season, I'm down for tanking and a fire sale tbh

agreed but i would also like him to be fired now so i don't have to do an entire offseason of handwringing waiting for it to happen. fire him, make ruff interim coach, watch team continue to plummet, clear the rest of the staff out (allaire can stay) in the summer

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm tempted to amend my "they who slump last out of the Metro miss the playoffs" theory and make it "they who slump the least make the Wild Card" but literally as I type those words I look at the standings and see the only team in the Division whose last 10 isn't 5-5-0 or worse is Pittsburgh so :iiam:.

NHL N/V February: All Our Teams Suck

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine is good.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm tempted to amend my "they who slump last out of the Metro miss the playoffs" theory and make it "they who slump the least make the Wild Card" but literally as I type those words I look at the standings and see the only team in the Division whose last 10 isn't 5-5-0 or worse is Pittsburgh so :iiam:.

Rangers are racing towards the bottom pretty quickly

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Aphrodite posted:

Mine is good.

same

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

feeling pretty good about Boston actually, although they did lose a game in regulation for the first time since mid-December the other night

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Feelin pretty good about the Sens too. The 11 forwards they’re playing tonight:

Hoffman-Duchene-White
Dzingel-Pageau-Didominico
Smith-Mccormick-Pyatt
Burrows-Pajaarvi

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Feelin pretty good about the Sens too. The 11 forwards they’re playing tonight:

Hoffman-Duchene-White
Dzingel-Pageau-Didominico
Smith-Mccormick-Pyatt
Burrows-Pajaarvi

don't keep us waiting
who are the 7 d-men

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I listened to Doug Maclean’s spot on the new Marek/Friedman podcast and Maclean said that Detroit was at one point discussing a three-way trade for Fedorov, Forsberg, and Lindros. It was unclear exactly what he meant because he said Forsberg would’ve come to Detroit and Fedorov would’ve gone to Quebec, which leaves Lindros to... stay in Philly? I’m an idiot: Feds to Quebec Forsberg to Detroit, and Lindros to Philly obviously.

Anyway, I’ve never heard any of that rumor before but add it to the pile of potential Lindros deals from back in the day, I guess. What a weird time.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 6, 2018

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I honestly thought Dido was done as an NHLer 5 years ago, I can’t believe he’s in a top 6 somewhere

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

i am the bird posted:

I listened to Doug Maclean’s spot on the new Marek/Friedman podcast and Maclean said that Detroit was at one point discussing a three-way trade for Fedorov, Forsberg, and Lindros. It was unclear exactly what he meant because he said Forsberg would’ve come to Detroit and Fedorov would’ve gone to Quebec, which leaves Lindros to... stay in Philly?

Anyway, I’ve never heard any of that rumor before but add it to the pile of potential Lindros deals from back in the day, I guess. What a weird time.

Lindros was property of the nords but refused to play in sunny quebec; he was traded to philly for a stupid amount of stuff including forsberg.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Craig Button released his list of top 50 NHL affiliated prospects.

1. Elias Pettersson (VAN)
2. Eeli Tolvanen (NSH)
3. Martin Necas (CAR)
4. Cody Glass (VGK)
5. Casey Mittelstadt (BUF)

Three Russian goalies were listed in the top 10 for some reason

https://www.tsn.ca/cupboard-is-stocked-for-up-and-coming-canucks-1.989909

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ThinkTank posted:

To be fair, all three of them are incredibly good. I think they also get a bit of a bump since they play in the KHL.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

strome and merkley., great. start the rebuild again

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

hifi posted:

strome and merkley., great. start the rebuild again

yea but to be fair a lot of your good prospects are already in the NHL, and we can see how successful that's going. oh.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

bewbies posted:

Lindros was property of the nords but refused to play in sunny quebec; he was traded to philly for a stupid amount of stuff including forsberg.

Oh poo poo, duh. How did I misunderstand that so poorly.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

ThinkTank posted:

2. Eeli Tolvanen (NSH)
3. Martin Necas (CAR)
4. Cody Glass (VGK)

Am I just missing the jets top 5 prospects or did he forget about the jets

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

heeheex2 posted:

I see them at the bottom of the list.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

Roslovic is the only one who could conceivably be on that list, and I don't think it's wild to say he's not one of the top 50 prospects on earth.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It looks like he's not considering Roslovic a prospect considering he doesn't have him rated in WPG's top 5.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ThinkTank posted:

2. Eeli Tolvanen (NSH)
3. Martin Necas (CAR)
4. Cody Glass (VGK)

this list isn't good

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm reading some about this guy Bobby Orr and apparently by ~1975 or so he couldn't...skate backwards? Can anyone source/expand on this?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm pretty sure they spelled Shestyorkin's name wrong? Or I am.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm pretty sure they spelled Shestyorkin's name wrong? Or I am.

that cyrillic character (ё) is usually transliterated to roman as a "yo" in russia and an "e" outside of russia. this is why semyon varlamov was called "Semen Varlamov" before he came to the nhl. i think they've started to transliterate it the russian way in the americas recently

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

bewbies posted:

I'm reading some about this guy Bobby Orr and apparently by ~1975 or so he couldn't...skate backwards? Can anyone source/expand on this?

Not sure if :thejoke:, but Orr's knees/ankles/feet were completely destroyed by 75

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Not sure if :thejoke:, but Orr's knees/ankles/feet were completely destroyed by 75

And not so coincidentally, by that time probably his bank account as well. Even if he didn't know it yet...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FYI yall, Icejerseys.com is doing 50% off any CCM vintage jerseys today through tomorrow with code VINT50. There's some pretty good poo poo in there.

E: lol even the Buffaslug is in there

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It's to do with the way he skated. Same thing happened to Bure.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

heeheex2 posted:

1. Samberg
2. Vesalainen
3. Comrie
4. Foley
5. Stanley

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Roslovic is the only one who could conceivably be on that list, and I don't think it's wild to say he's not one of the top 50 prospects on earth.

Niku is dominating the AHL as a 21 year old defensemen and Vesalainen is leading his Liiga team in scoring as an 18 year old. The Jets top 3 prospects are all really good, but it’s a Button list so who cares

Thufir posted:

1. Samberg
2. Vesalainen
3. Comrie
4. Foley
5. Stanley

Stanley over Niku? What the gently caress

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

DJExile posted:

FYI yall, Icejerseys.com is doing 50% off any CCM vintage jerseys today through tomorrow with code VINT50. There's some pretty good poo poo in there.

E: lol even the Buffaslug is in there

Really tempted to get a 1992 all star Leetch away jersey. $70 for customization though!

E: guess I’d have to get Home for historical accuracy.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

Really tempted to get a 1992 all star Leetch away jersey. $70 for customization though!

You can send back to them later for customizing I think. They do discounts on customizing stuff every couple months.

E: The hell is that 91 Bruins one? I don't remember that one at all :psyduck:

• Locked thread