Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Welp. Guess Loss is in 2nd place now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
(Annoyed Grunt)st Trick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Holy loving poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've never played ghostrick still

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

its good

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

oddium posted:

If you have any i-products you can get it for $10

You can even play the first 2 chapters free. Totally worth a look

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's with the steamed ham people that think skinner is saying 'egads' and not 'ye gods'

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmafo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Help Im Alive posted:

What's with the steamed ham people that think skinner is saying 'egads' and not 'ye gods'
i've honestly been asking this same loving thing, he's absolutely not saying "egads"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah this is the only one i've seen that gets it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZm5QvpfonY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

idk how people played Monster Hunter on tiny portables for years, this game feels like it was made for high def. Trying the game multiple times on 3DS and I loving hated it mainly because it looked so squished down and ugly, plus the controls were not intuitive at all. What a difference it is on PS4 because now I love it. The frames of hitboxes remind me of From Software game a lot though, in terms of how great they are.

Monster Hunter is just that good of a series.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Not a Children posted:

If you have any i-products you can get it for $10

You can even play the first 2 chapters free. Totally worth a look

Wow I had no idea it was on iOS. I’m absolutely buying it

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I started Xenoblade Chronicles 2

There are a lot of tutorials and none of them are saved

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

I started Xenoblade Chronicles 2

There are a lot of tutorials and none of them are saved

This game made me sad. After this and Xenoblade X, I don't think i'm going to be buying anymore Monolith titles. They can't seem to capture the magic of Xenoblade 1. That game was so good.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
What's the website that shows the price history for Steam games? My wife says that an old friend has convinced her to play FFXIV and while I strongly suspect that she has been replaced by a bodysnatcher I would like to see when the last time the game and expansion were on sale. There's still the goon who does Steam sales at a reduced price, too, right? Or did he quit?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's the website that shows the price history for Steam games? My wife says that an old friend has convinced her to play FFXIV and while I strongly suspect that she has been replaced by a bodysnatcher I would like to see when the last time the game and expansion were on sale. There's still the goon who does Steam sales at a reduced price, too, right? Or did he quit?

I want to say isthereanydeal.com has price charts but I'm too lazy to check

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Not a Children posted:

They do.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Not a Children posted:

It looks like it does and there haven't been any sales on Steam since the last expansion was released.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

chumbler posted:

The brief moments when my ps4 casual can run it at 60 fps make the long wait for PC even more painful.

Holy poo poo.
You can expect mods to allow your cats to do all sorts of dances.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I said come in! posted:

This game made me sad. After this and Xenoblade X, I don't think i'm going to be buying anymore Monolith titles. They can't seem to capture the magic of Xenoblade 1. That game was so good.
Xenoblade 2 even with all its flaws is way better than Xenoblade 1 though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQqR1hYV-ys

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pro click zone

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Raxivace posted:

Xenoblade 2 even with all its flaws is way better than Xenoblade 1 though.

Not even close.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kp3b5h2DY

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Internet Kraken posted:

Not even close.

I like Xenoblade 2 a lot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

None of the video game Steams Hams have topped this one, imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uec_V_IajyU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

This one is a goddamn masterpiece

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
MGS is the best one and it also correctly writes out "ye gods"

just sayin

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i almost beat route b of nier:automata but the trash snake before the final boss that lagged like hell in route a loving murdered the game this time and it almost froze my entire computer

i hate posting about how loving bad this port is because if it weren't for how often i have to worry about it freezing i'd honestly have no issues with the game itself. but the port. holy poo poo. prey ran better than this and didn't make me have to worry about my computer dying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XC1 bored me after like 6 hours but I played 100 hours of XC2 and absolutely loved it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Colonel posted:

i almost beat route b of nier:automata but the trash snake before the final boss that lagged like hell in route a loving murdered the game this time and it almost froze my entire computer

i hate posting about how loving bad this port is because if it weren't for how often i have to worry about it freezing i'd honestly have no issues with the game itself. but the port. holy poo poo. prey ran better than this and didn't make me have to worry about my computer dying

i'm happy to complain about a lot of things about nier but the only problem with the quality of the pc port i had was the mouse controls in the 2d sections were all screwy, did you happen to get the little graphics fix tool? i didn't even fire the game up until i had that installed so it might cure what ails you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

i'm happy to complain about a lot of things about nier but the only problem with the quality of the pc port i had was the mouse controls in the 2d sections were all screwy, did you happen to get the little graphics fix tool? i didn't even fire the game up until i had that installed so it might cure what ails you

FAR helps with performance a bit, but the freezes i've had with the game are just kind of a thing that happens and as far as i can find online nobody knows how to fix them. trash snake isn't even that though, the game's had weird hitches lately that it didn't have when i was playing through route a and he just kind of hitched it to death

like my pc isn't the greatest but the issues i've had have gone from annoying to actually infuriating, like it's somehow started running worse around midway through route b and hacking itself causes it to freeze more if i do it during more intense stuff. route a was almost totally smooth sailing outside of having to install new graphics drivers just to keep it from freezing after a half hour when i was trying to beat the prologue. it's a really bizarre port because when it works fine it seems pretty much perfect but the moment it has issues it just loving derails

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 6, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man I totally forgot to post the other night when I stumbled onto the sidequest in Yakuza 0 that has you writing postcards to a radio station about previous sidequests you've completed, which from a sheer "player character actually remembers things they did in the past and uses the memories gained from them to do something calming and twee like writing a postcard to a radio station for a crazy story contest" is fuckin' crazy to me. what a ridiculous little detail

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I assumed it was egads because presumably Skinner isn't a follower of a polytheistic religion (or live in a culture where calling on multiple gods is normal)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is it just me or did the font change

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Some some people are trying to resurrect Marvel Heroes
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/marvel-heroes-rebirth-action-rpg#/

I sorta doubt this will succeed on any level

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 6, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Egads is the minced oath version of ye gods so it's half a dozen one 6 of the other.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Egads is the minced oath version of ye gods so it's half a dozen one 6 of the other.

This is a good point and I support it 100 percent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ah good finally a chance to make a tax deductible donation to disney

• Locked thread