Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

richard jefferson is not a cav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ghost Dog posted:

richard jefferson is not a cav

Old habits...

Channing Frye
Dwanye Wade?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jeff green is my guess. rj's dad

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Kyle Korver pale-horse candidate

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Someone give us a first for the effortless bench scoring of Tyreke Evans

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The fact that Tyreke hasn't missed more games due to random strains, tweaks, or contusions means he's on borrowed time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Always keep him in a contract year.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You're on some intense drugs if you think Ricky is worth anywhere near love and a first

Not saying he’s worth it, but unless they’re robbing the Cavs blind I dunno what they could possibly give Utah that would make the trade make sense for the Jazz.

I will cry if we get IT or JR

MelancholyMark fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 6, 2018

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The tampering thing is the dumbest poo poo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

leftist heap posted:

The tampering thing is the dumbest poo poo.

Yeah but it's hilarious that Magic still hasn't learned not to do it after being fined for PG and before that when he was with the team in an advisory role.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dejan Bimble posted:

That had to be Richard Jefferson. That's a reference for us old millenials.

https://twitter.com/montelljordan/status/960938458381537282

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/960957757863157760

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MelancholyMark posted:

Not saying he’s worth it, but unless they’re robbing the Cavs blind I dunno what they could possibly give Utah that would make the trade make sense for the Jazz.

I will cry if we get IT or JR

IT is expiring, so it would just be jettisoning one year of Rubio who clearly doesn't fit. Include Jae Crowder who seems hurt/non functional outside of a motion based offense, and Calderon to make it work salary wise

They try again next year or pay IT if he shows improvement

I think the Jazz would like to make the playoffs, so it's just a fantasy trade unless there's a third or fourth team involved

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 6, 2018

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Magic for sure just forgets he's the GM all the time.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's a fun fake trade. Rubio is sad in Utah.

I dunno that he's sad, he has a weird reputation for wanting to bolt despite desperately wanting to stay with his teams and setting down roots. I think he might even like having more of a green light to shoot, but he's only like 80% as fun to watch and he's still stuck on "the best lottery team in the West" which is a pretty lovely place to be.

Utah would probably get pretty bad without him though.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Let's get this done. How do we get this done?

It's Utah, so can we get a picture of him with a black girlfriend and let nature take its course?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I dunno that he's sad, he has a weird reputation for wanting to bolt despite desperately wanting to stay with his teams and setting down roots. I think he might even like having more of a green light to shoot, but he's only like 80% as fun to watch and he's still stuck on "the best lottery team in the West" which is a pretty lovely place to be.

Utah would probably get pretty bad without him though.

It's Utah, so can we get a picture of him with a black girlfriend and let nature take its course?

Lockback I feel like we're always failing to parse each other. By sad I mean he's not playing Rubio ball, not that he's an emotional wreck.

The Cavs know how to catch incredible Lebron Passes, and this would let Lebron get off the ball, which he seems to want in the regular season. I say forget IT, he's not going to be anything this season, he might never recover. Embrace fun basketball in Lebron's last season as a Cavalier

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Get Rubio LeBron and jokic on one team I don't care how just have it happen

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

IT is expiring, so it would just be jettisoning one year of Rubio who clearly doesn't fit. Include Jae Crowder who seems hurt/non functional outside of a motion based offense, and Cedi Osman to make it work

I dunno, I wasn’t kidding about Rubio fitting in recently. Hes been more aggressive driving but unlike the beginning of the year he seems to know peoples timings coming off cuts/pnrs and favorite 3 pt spots so instead of driving wildly then making a terrible forced pass out of the paint he’s hitting wide open people or people in stride for easy buckets. Outside of the draft and or Exum not being consistently dead I would be happy going forward with Ricky especially since he won’t command a high salary.

Edit: at the beginning of the year they were loving up this pocket pass pnr play all the time
https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/960003415857229824

MelancholyMark fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 6, 2018

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Get Rubio LeBron and jokic on one team I don't care how just have it happen

im so incredibly down for this

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MelancholyMark posted:

I dunno, I wasn’t kidding about Rubio fitting in recently. Hes been more aggressive driving but unlike the beginning of the year he seems to know peoples timings coming off cuts/pnrs and favorite 3 pt spots so instead of driving wildly then making a terrible forced pass out of the paint he’s hitting wide open people or people in stride for easy buckets. Outside of the draft and or Exum not being consistently dead I would be happy going forward with Ricky especially since he won’t command a high salary.

I think you're right about Rubio fitting in to the offense, it's really just a fake trade to get the Cavs to stop imploding without considering the jazz, beyond resuscitating Crowder on his super cheap deal

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/960973920349368320

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I unironically love King Cake Baby

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I'm unironically uneasy around King Cake Baby.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticCLE/status/960972441538514944

im so incredibly down for this

LeBron should sign with the Nuggets. Murray/Harris/LeBron/Millsap/Jokic starting five with Will Barton as the sixth man. I know they're young excep for Millsap, but that would be nasty

Edit: I know that this will not happen

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i need to pay 60 bux to read this apparently

quote:

LeBron should sign with the Nuggets. Murray/Harris/LeBron/Millsap/Jokic starting five with Will Barton as the sixth man. I know they're young excep for Millsap, but that would be nasty

Edit: I know that this will not happen

i would endorse this if and only if the nuggets exclusively switch to the rad rainbow jersey

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/960989579263188992

This one's free

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

fake news, the cavs dont have a front office

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
As a short-time subscriber to the Athletic (they had a free trial deal a little while ago), it's awesome and I wish I could justify the cost.

Well at least LBJ can say that he got a ring in Cleveland and hopefully he can find somewhere fun to be until he can't do nothin no more.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lol remember when the Cavs had a good GM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I work in a newsroom so now I'm gonna be on edge the rest of the day

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Them not wanting to pay David Griffin with what that dude was able to do with zero assets is insane.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

i need to pay 60 bux to read this apparently

i would endorse this if and only if the nuggets exclusively switch to the rad rainbow jersey

Their city edition jerseys are pretty good (still not as good as the rainbow ones)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Them not wanting to pay David Griffin with what that dude was able to do with zero assets is insane.

Well, let's be real. It's just "Dan" and no "them." He should kick rocks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Every team this year should get a LeBron and every team should win the eastern conference finals.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Yo quiero Ricky

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

I’m surprised there aren’t more rumbles out of OKC considering Roberson’s situation and how close we are to the deadline.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
What could they even trade at this point

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Os Furoris posted:

I’m surprised there aren’t more rumbles out of OKC considering Roberson’s situation and how close we are to the deadline.

there are rumors out there but lol if you think presti is letting whatever he's doing get out

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hand Row posted:

Steven Adams could fetch a nice piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hand Row posted:

abrines, grant, huestis, and first round pick 7 years from now

Tae posted:

Steven Adams could fetch a nice piece