Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still have mixed feelings on SotC and I'm not sure why I keep coming back to it but the PS4 version seems well done. Very pretty, and I appreciate that they threw in some new control schemes.

The custom theme that came with the PS3 version was better though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4J971Pv8s

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/E3/status/960877527920250880

Wow can't believe E3 is happening in 6 days how exciting. Seems to get earlier every year.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Saint Freak posted:

Wow can't believe E3 is happening in 6 days how exciting. Seems to get earlier every year.

That's what E3 stands for, Earlier Every yEar

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Taintrunner posted:

man I totally forgot to post the other night when I stumbled onto the sidequest in Yakuza 0 that has you writing postcards to a radio station about previous sidequests you've completed, which from a sheer "player character actually remembers things they did in the past and uses the memories gained from them to do something calming and twee like writing a postcard to a radio station for a crazy story contest" is fuckin' crazy to me. what a ridiculous little detail

I love how Kiryu does absolutely everything in the most intense way possible. Writing, playing videogames, answering the phone, the guy lives at max speed all the time.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I love how Kiryu does absolutely everything in the most intense way possible. Writing, playing videogames, answering the phone, the guy lives at max speed all the time.

Sega should make an alternate timeline Yakuza where Kiryu burns himself out an early age and turns into a "hikikomori"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

less laughter posted:

That's what E3 stands for, Earlier Every yEar

:theseriouslookingnoddingsmilieguy:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Xenoblade 2 was a lot of fun despite being full of dumb bad poo poo.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Some some people are trying to resurrect Marvel Heroes
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/marvel-heroes-rebirth-action-rpg#/

I sorta doubt this will succeed on any level

The City of Heroes revival is farfetched enough but throwing the Marvel license into the mix makes this sound more or less impossible. Not to mention half of the reason the game died was a lack of new content, so just reviving the game as it was doesn't sound very appealing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:theseriouslookingnoddingsmilieguy:

:hai:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm reading that some poo poo about Red Dead 2 leaked and that it will include a Battle Royale mode. If true then Playerunknown is hosed, no way their janky poo poo will hold up forever next to a Rockstar-produced version

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Im loving shocked they havent crammed that into GTAV yet

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The PUBG players don't care about that and I doubt RDR2 will make a noticeable impact in China.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Im loving shocked they havent crammed that into GTAV yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3YgWmfcbdQ

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I'm reading that some poo poo about Red Dead 2 leaked and that it will include a Battle Royale mode. If true then Playerunknown is hosed, no way their janky poo poo will hold up forever next to a Rockstar-produced version

I feel like pubg and fortnite may already be the lol and dota of battle royales. Rocktar games seem to have a big built in fan base so I'm sure plenty of people will play it but i'll be surprised if it steals pubg's fanbase.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm excited for the best part of rdr except better (online (shootouts))

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Granted I never played GTAV multiplayer so I have no idea how it panned out there, but since when has a Rockstar game besides Max Payne 3 have shooting that was anything but okay?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

plz dont pull out posted:

Granted I never played GTAV multiplayer so I have no idea how it panned out there, but since when has a Rockstar game besides Max Payne 3 have shooting that was anything but okay?

pubg is an extremely low bar to clear so maybe "okay" is passable

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

plz dont pull out posted:

RDR had pretty good controls. It's just GTA that fucks up aiming controls, and that's probably because Rockstar North thinks that they are God's Gift to game design.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/E3/status/960877527920250880

Every E3 from this point forward is just going to be scheduled around Nintendo Directs.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the wild west equivalent of 100 people jumping out of a plane

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So I finished Celeste and have some thoughts.

Gameplay: While I enjoyed most of it towards the end the checkpoints seemed to get farther and farther apart while difficulty ramped way the gently caress up. The execution demanded by the late game gets a bit ridiculous and it sometimes feels like they maybe overdid it given how tight some of the levels are. Some challenges feel like they were built with a solution then they added spikes to gently caress up that solution, which doesn't always feel great. It's great if you like difficult platformers.

By the way if you're playing on Switch use a pro controller because the joycon "d-pad" hosed up my dashes a whole bunch.

Story: I like the story and the subject matter it chooses to cover, I feel that goons are over selling it a bit though. It's fine and well written but it's not very substantive. It has simple goals and achieves them but I won't being thinking about it a whole lot. The presentation and how the story ties in with the gameplay is pretty great though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the wild west equivalent of jumping out of a plane
Made me think of this:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

Train over one of those really high wooden trestle bridges

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Everybody piling out of a moving train.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Help Im Alive posted:

The land rush of 1889 style. Everybody starts at the starting line and can't kill anybody until x amount of time has passed.

People who spend money on Sooner Passes™, are allowed to start wherever they want.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

A Gold Rush event?

You can use Rockstar Bucks to buy Badges.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

the oregon trail, you can die of dysentery before you even get to the battle royale part

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rockstar north's saddlegrounds

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

rockstar north's saddlegrounds

:vince:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

So I finished Celeste and have some thoughts.

Gameplay: While I enjoyed most of it towards the end the checkpoints seemed to get farther and farther apart while difficulty ramped way the gently caress up. The execution demanded by the late game gets a bit ridiculous and it sometimes feels like they maybe overdid it given how tight some of the levels are. Some challenges feel like they were built with a solution then they added spikes to gently caress up that solution, which doesn't always feel great. It's great if you like difficult platformers.

By the way if you're playing on Switch use a pro controller because the joycon "d-pad" hosed up my dashes a whole bunch.

Story: I like the story and the subject matter it chooses to cover, I feel that goons are over selling it a bit though. It's fine and well written but it's not very substantive. It has simple goals and achieves them but I won't being thinking about it a whole lot. The presentation and how the story ties in with the gameplay is pretty great though.

Don't use the d pad

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

Don't use the d pad

Actually don't play any 2D platformer with the analog stick and actively shun games that force you to.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

racists who fell over themselves to cheer Subnautica upon learning the dev's sound designer is a gross nazi are now falling over themselves to demand refunds because they fired the dude for being a gross nazi

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 7, 2018

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Just finished the Bioshock Collection since it was on sale not long ago, they’ve all held up really well.

Almost all of it was a replay to me, but I was very, very pleasantly surprised by how good Minerva’s Den is. Really good tie in to the first two games with a touching, sad backstory.

I’m not sure if I’m ready to force myself through Burial at Sea again or not though...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29uAWq3z-UA&t=60s

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Help Im Alive posted:

Someone says theres gold in California and a million retarded white guys from Virginia believe they're gonna get some despite a wagon train twice as far as the eye can see both in front and in back of them on some of the flattest land on Earth

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 7, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Someone says theres gold in California and a million retarded white guys from Virginia believe they're gonna get some despite a wagon train twice as far as the eye can see both in front and in back of them

Ah, bitcoin.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Actually don't play any 2D platformer with the analog stick and actively shun games that force you to.

I play Celeste with the analog stick by choice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ANIME POST

hello, id like to recommend everyone watch a place further than the universe on crunchyroll. it's about a bunch of good girls deciding that high school sucks and they should go to antartica in order to own everyone who thinks going to antarctica is a dumb idea. along the way they learn such valuable life lessons as 'having friends kind of sucks' and 'australians give you too much food.'

for real though its a super good humanistic serious with a ton of natural dialogue, like when kimari calls shirase a huge jerk and shirase just goes 'yeah, kind of, but you're going along with it' and kimari just goes 'yep' and then they continue being kind of petty towards their classmates for doubting them. its legitimate really funny, with a lot of great comic timing. there's also literally zero fanservice or anything weird, they're just dumb high schoolers written like and treated like dumb high schoolers. i know there's some people in this thread who are casually into anime and this series has a kind of weird lowkey premise and not a lot of hype so i thought id give it a shoutout.

end of anime post

in gaming news ive been replaying dynasty warriors 5 for nostalgia reasons and lol, the voiceacting is funnier than i remembered

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah it's definitely one of the standout shows of the season. Wasn't on my radar at all at first but it did not take long at all for the word of mouth to put it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I prefer to read the source manga these days, but it seems this one is a straight-up original anime so...on the wishlist, I guess.

• Locked thread