Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I haven’t really paid any attention to the sixers...well since 2000 and that was mostly a one year thing. How are they now in terms of fun to watch? I mean I get the whole trust process thing and that the last few years have been The Browns of the NBA, thought intentionally in this case.

I happened to catch the Christmas game because my BiL was watching it and well it was actually pretty fun to watch. Also Joel Embiid seems like a really cool dude.

I have to admit I kind of want to take my wife and daughter to one of the games since tickets on game day are pretty cheap (which as is also the case for the Flyers, something I wasn’t aware of) and you can get club seats that each have $25 preloaded on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Aren't most of the lovely deals on the Cavs Clutch Sports clients?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I'd be a little surprised if the Clippers, Magic, or Jazz moved any of their pretty decent expiring wings for the Thunder's assorted junk. I wouldn't trade Abrines for the hell of it either. If Presti feels "eh" about PG staying, he might trade that 2022 FRP, but it would have to be for someone who clearly increases their odds of advancing in the playoffs & also gets them off Singler's contract.

Instead I suspect the Thunder will trade two second round picks & use a trade exception to take on some extremely underwhelming perimeter player (Randy Foye, Douglas Buckets, Ronnie Brewer, Dion Waiters), and then grab an equally underwhelming washed vet from the buyout market (Caron Butler, Derek Fisher). It is written.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I haven’t really paid any attention to the sixers...well since 2000 and that was mostly a one year thing. How are they now in terms of fun to watch? I mean I get the whole trust process thing and that the last few years have been The Browns of the NBA, thought intentionally in this case.

I happened to catch the Christmas game because my BiL was watching it and well it was actually pretty fun to watch. Also Joel Embiid seems like a really cool dude.

I have to admit I kind of want to take my wife and daughter to one of the games since tickets on game day are pretty cheap (which as is also the case for the Flyers, something I wasn’t aware of) and you can get club seats that each have $25 preloaded on them.

They're pretty fun when Embiid is playing

Both Embiid and Simmons are probably gonna be star players for a while, and they have a ton of other young promising pieces around them. Good time to put in your stake as a fan

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Sixers are a lot of fun, as long as you are aware their key pieces are still young and young players usually don't go far in the playoffs. They will be a beast of a team in a few years though. Expect a team that can hang with just about everyone but also sometimes lose very winnable games and you'll really enjoy them.

Aesthetically, they have pretty decent defense (with Embiid on the floor) and Simmons is a REALLY fun player, and they have a handful of reliable guys that are good to have when you are ready to pull your hair out. They are on my short list to watch most nights.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Maybe they could actually be Dion Waiters and Derek Fisher again

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I just want to a take a second to specifically mock the following trade from the ESPN trade deadline article

quote:

Dragic and Whiteside to Cleveland

Cavs get: Wayne Ellington, Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside

Heat get: Kevin Love, Channing Frye, Isaiah Thomas, Derrick Rose, Brooklyn's 2018 first-round pick

Yes, Miami should totally trade away their 2 best players for Kevin Love, this is a great idea :fuckoff:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I'd be a little surprised if the Clippers, Magic, or Jazz moved any of their pretty decent expiring wings for the Thunder's assorted junk. I wouldn't trade Abrines for the hell of it either. If Presti feels "eh" about PG staying, he might trade that 2022 FRP, but it would have to be for someone who clearly increases their odds of advancing in the playoffs & also gets them off Singler's contract.

Instead I suspect the Thunder will trade two second round picks & use a trade exception to take on some extremely underwhelming perimeter player (Randy Foye, Douglas Buckets, Ronnie Brewer, Dion Waiters), and then grab an equally underwhelming washed vet from the buyout market (Caron Butler, Derek Fisher). It is written.

please god not another foye butler or fisher

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

I just want to a take a second to specifically mock the following trade from the ESPN trade deadline article

Yes, Miami should totally trade away their 2 best players for Kevin Love, this is a great idea :fuckoff:

Kevin Love and a healthy IT (which is a risk) is better than either Dragic or Whiteside, and the first round pick more than makes up for the other salary. You think this is a bad deal for the Heat?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

They're in a tough spot. But if it's really as much of a buyer's market as all the media rumormongers say, maybe they can grab a leftover wing from the pile of Bradley, Lou, Hood, etc. at 2:45 on Thursday. They kinda need a vet minimum big who can pretend to protect the rim too.

I would prefer they completely avoid the completely roasted rear end vets like Tony Allen, Joe Johnson, and--dare I even say it--Kendrick Perkins.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Maybe they could actually be Dion Waiters and Derek Fisher again

Dion will always be welcome in the warm, clogged hearts of Oklahomans. Derek Fisher is all the way out of the family though.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Henchman of Santa posted:

I work in a newsroom so now I'm gonna be on edge the rest of the day

Just don't invite him in or make sure you're safely on the other side of running water. Much like Magic Johnson creatures of darkness have pretty specific rules that they have to follow

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, Jason KIdd is available again if you need another derek fisher

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Lockback posted:

Kevin Love and a healthy IT (which is a risk) is better than either Dragic or Whiteside, and the first round pick more than makes up for the other salary. You think this is a bad deal for the Heat?

That is a laughably bad trade for the Cavs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/OriginalYoni/status/960996343195033600

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

I mean, Jason KIdd is available again if you need another derek fisher

this did lead me to imagine Kidd trying to play weird mindgames with Russ about his jumper like he did with Giannis.

e: Wall's real beef is surely with Beal but he's scapegoating the Polish

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 7, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Groovy_Ky/status/961021235110072320

The Warriors broke the NBA.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Wizzards gonna trade Wall

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As a supporter of a fraud rear end team I know one when I see one.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

scuz posted:

I'm unironically uneasy around King Cake Baby.

same. That guy creeps me out and I've seen a few in my day.

Metapod posted:

What was the talk about Avery Bradley?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:laffo:

The pettiness in the NBA is so good.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Holy poo poo, giannis loving owns

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

wall is right tho gortat only gets garbage rear end baskets

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just want to let you all know that Red Panda is at the Butler University Basketball game tonight.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao I'm glad all of my irrational John Wall hate is becoming slightly more rational. He's not wrong but jesus

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Gortat is an rear end to be fair

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

They're in a tough spot. But if it's really as much of a buyer's market as all the media rumormongers say, maybe they can grab a leftover wing from the pile of Bradley, Lou, Hood, etc. at 2:45 on Thursday. They kinda need a vet minimum big who can pretend to protect the rim too.

I would prefer they completely avoid the completely roasted rear end vets like Tony Allen, Joe Johnson, and--dare I even say it--Kendrick Perkins.

Dion will always be welcome in the warm, clogged hearts of Oklahomans. Derek Fisher is all the way out of the family though.

Is Tony Allen completely worthless at this point? Can you see him giving 15 good defensive minutes a game?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Gortat is an rear end to be fair

Yeah but Wall has a history of making GBS threads on his teammates in public so I choose to blame him. It's my right

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dexo posted:

:laffo:

The pettiness in the NBA is so good.

a $50k statement if I've ever heard one

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
drat it Wall. I just want one of my teams to keep their dysfunction to the front office.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghost Dog posted:

wall is right tho gortat only gets garbage rear end baskets

Gortat physically picked up Zaza and threw him down, breaking Durant. He has his uses.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I wouldn't mind iso joe but that's more cause I love him than me believing he's still iso joe. I hope they bring perk in as a coach to teach dakari how to set illegal screens

Mr. Mambold posted:

same. That guy creeps me out and I've seen a few in my day.

What was the talk about Avery Bradley?

It was just talk

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

This is good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
That high pitched "YANNNIII" would make me insane. He's probably deaf in that frequency by now

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah but Wall has a history of making GBS threads on his teammates in public so I choose to blame him. It's my right

#BareaWasRight

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Wait so it’s tampering just to pretty much say “this guy is extremely good”? I mean gently caress Magic and all but...........

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trade bobby to dc just to see what would happen

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Os Furoris posted:

Is Tony Allen completely worthless at this point? Can you see him giving 15 good defensive minutes a game?

Maybe unknowable right now. He's recovering from a broken fibula at age 36. If they completely flame out on everyone else, he'll probably be the best perimeter defender left on the pile, but sheesh

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

I wouldn't mind iso joe but that's more cause I love him than me believing he's still iso joe. I hope they bring perk in as a coach to teach dakari how to set illegal screens

It was just talk

Perk's useful time to become a coach was when they could have amnestied him and kept Jim Big Beard Harden on the payroll.

Who would Danny want for your homeboy Marcus? Wasn't someone tossing his name around?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Noctone posted:

Wait so it’s tampering just to pretty much say “this guy is extremely good”? I mean gently caress Magic and all but...........

He's been specifically warned and fined before for saying he wanted to sign a guy who was already under contract and then the team contacted his agent. Magic is under higher scrutiny than any other GM because he can't shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Yep, he's handling that winning streak well.

• Locked thread