Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Darn, the Canadian site isn't doing the same promo. I'd love to bench this TE2+ finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
so uh

anyone gonna play Them's Fighting Herds when it comes out in like two weeks?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

so uh

I'll get it down the line. Game is really fun and good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Best fighting game (as seen on Evo 2017) now available on Steam.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Saoshyant posted:

hell yeeeeah

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Saoshyant posted:

I have this on the Switch and while it's a really fun game, keep in mind Puyo Puyo can almost unplayable if you are color blind and there is no real solution in the way of settings or a color blind friendly skin or anything.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I have this on the Switch and while it's a really fun game, keep in mind Puyo Puyo can almost unplayable if you are color blind and there is no real solution in the way of settings or a color blind friendly skin or anything.

Uh, you know this is a thing, right:

And there's also the metallic skin for people with partial color blindness.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 6, 2018

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Saoshyant posted:

Uh, you know this is a thing, right:

I sure didn't. Did that get patched in or something or am I just an idiot?

Edit: I see it's a skin you have to unlock with ingame currency

Hekk fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 6, 2018

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
EVO lineup getting announced in a bit here. My wholly unfounded and therefore super right guesses:

Sunday:
SFVAE (main event, on ESPN again)
Smash 4 (Smash game, also on TV again)
DBZ (main tag fighter)
GG Xrd 2rd (anime, early to appeal to the Asia watchers)
Fan voted game, probs ARMS/Pokken

Saturday:
Melee (main event, Melee fans have themselves a good spergfest over the disrespect)
Tekken 7
IJ2

Friday:
Marvel Infinite
KOF14

Infinite might get moved up to early Saturday but I will laugh heartily if Capcom strongarms EVO into making Infinite a Sunday finals. I don't know if that BlazBlue tag fighter will be ready for EVO and/or it's DLC scheme keeps EVO from adopting it until everyone's out.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

so uh

I had no idea it was coming out so soon, but yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hope this is the year melee doesnt get invited back finally

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In Training posted:

i hope this is the year melee doesnt get invited back finally

It brings too many viewers. It's coming back. :smith:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

C. Everett Koop posted:

Infinite might get moved up to early Saturday but I will laugh heartily if Capcom strongarms EVO into making Infinite a Sunday finals. I don't know if that BlazBlue tag fighter will be ready for EVO and/or it's DLC scheme keeps EVO from adopting it until everyone's out.

capcom mightily pissed off evo staff, dont be shocked if the game doesnt even make it in

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Bring on the melee baby!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
2010: person banned for leaking marvel
2018: marvel banned for leaking person

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

capcom mightily pissed off evo staff, dont be shocked if the game doesnt even make it in

i would be so, so very happy

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

anime was right posted:

I clearly haven't been following closely enough, what happened between capcom and evo?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Garrand posted:

I clearly haven't been following closely enough, what happened between capcom and evo?

john_d accidentally leaked a plan using evo footage without consent, in addition he made explicit plans in the same video of how he would monetize evo for capcoms own profits. the leak happened because he uploaded the video to his own (subscriberless) youtube channel publicly.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

C. Everett Koop posted:

EVO lineup getting announced in a bit here. My wholly unfounded and therefore super right guesses:

Sunday:
SFVAE (main event, on ESPN again)
Smash 4 (Smash game, also on TV again)
DBZ (main tag fighter)
GG Xrd 2rd (anime, early to appeal to the Asia watchers)
Fan voted game, probs ARMS/Pokken

Saturday:
Melee (main event, Melee fans have themselves a good spergfest over the disrespect)
Tekken 7
IJ2

Friday:
Marvel Infinite
KOF14

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/960916410045054976

Blazblue tag is scheduled to release on May 31 and June 1 has been the game/patch cutoff in past years. Evo being in August this year does give BB tag more of a chance of making it.

Wizard has been saying that this year will have 7 games and who knows if they'll stick to that but my guess for the lineup is SFV, Smash 4, DBFZ, Tekken, Injustice, GG, and a donation drive for the last game

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
7th game will be its fighting herds

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
theres too much money behind melee so i imagine we'll still have 2 smashes. we'll get an 8th slot as a donation drive tho probably. melee would win the donation drive otherwise.

its fighting herds will somehow win that slot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's no way infinite is in. nobody is playing it, fighterz already exists, nobody is playing it, capcom royally pissed them off, and nobody's playing it.

UNIST legitimately has more of a chance than infinite.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

anime was right posted:

I love the awkward advertisements people would do during Frosty Faustings, definitely a "uhhhhh really?" kind of thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nothing to do with EVO but what was the name of the Smash clone by the ex-Blizzard people?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
EVO 2017 numbers for reference:

SFV: 2622
Smash 4: 1515
Melee: 1435
T7: 1278
IJ2: 883
GG Xrd2: 827
UMvC3: 648 (fan vote)
BBCF: 499
KOF14: 375

If they're only going to 7, dropping the bottom two outright and effectively swapping Marvel for DBFZ makes sense, though it eliminates the fan vote. And as much as they'd like to drop to one smash, I don't see them risking pissing off the Melee players (any more then they usually are) by dropping the third most popular game outright.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
imagine a world where mario kart ds had a longer reign at evo than a mainline marvel vs capcom game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
During the MVCI release cycle I said that the only way a new Vs. game doesn't get a push by Mr. Wizard is if a Capcom rep shoots his family or something on those lines.

i cant believe capcom shot mr wizards cousin wolverine

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
DBFZ is really fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

there's no way infinite is in. nobody is playing it, fighterz already exists, nobody is playing it, capcom royally pissed them off, and nobody's playing it.

UNIST legitimately has more of a chance than infinite.

Man i hope there's a fan vote so i can learn how to do paypal fraud to make UNIST win the fan vote

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

i cant believe combofiend shot mr wizards function wolverine

fyp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blazblue X Tag Battle is one of the 7, i was not expecting that at all

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I don't even watch RWBY and Blake and Yang seem pretty cool.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
At LEAST they're making the rest of the CMYK Girls free DLC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

I don't even watch RWBY and Blake and Yang seem pretty cool.
honestly rwby has a lot of good characters and character designs that the writers adamantly refuse to let have like, dynamics or scenes or anything. like the entire series is built around the main four girls' friendship but they barely have any onscreen time together and what development as a group they do have is mostly just really clunky exposition and then them deciding not to care.

in that regard it's kind of the ideal show for the modern fandom landscape since any fanfiction/fanart/fancomics you come up with will probably use the characters better than the actual show.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Blazblue X Tag Battle is one of the 7, i was not expecting that at all

Neither but I don't think they're actually only having 7 games

EDIT: especially now that Xrd's confirmed as well

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Please gif Ishiwatari's saucy saunter, thanks

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We need every rep's walk up as one long gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The EVO lineup:

Tekken 7
Smash Wii U
Street Fighter V AE
Blazblue X Tag Battle
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2
Injustice 2
Melee