Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

[Frau Freiheit / HP:1 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]

So Scramble, how do you want to divy this up? I'll grab the database and you grab everything of value? We can then divy up the challenge reward once we get these puppies to a luxe crucible.

Scramble may peek:
scavenge an experimental sample

Wishlist:
An experimental medkit

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 17 luxe ]

"Hmm, my impulse is always to grab the good stuff first, in case you have to leg it. Plus if we do the smash and grab luxe salvaging last we don't risk breaking something we need to get into the vault."

Scramble will open the vault barring some emergency interjection from Frau. "I'm curious about the Zodiac schematics considering this all ends with it trying to kill us."

Action: Acquire Zodiac V-Schematics

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 3/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 009 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Hazmat Gear, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

By interlaying the overhead Wrecker map with the readout from his geosynched ocular map, Kal Risso was able to triangulate the approximate landing parameters of one of the errant packages with near-pinpoint precision - he only needed to double back once in the process of tracking it down!

Once he knew he was in the right spot, Kal Risso scanned the area from an icy pillar that jutted out from the frozen ground, giving him a commanding view of the region. Luckily, the distinctive gunmetal-grey package was easily spotted among the barren and battered tundra.

Kal Risso Salvages the Optiscope (X)!

Kal slotted the fancy new find to his modular weapon and got himself accustomed to the Experimental Optiscope's zoom controls. He couldn't wait to try this baby's tracking feature out on a mobile target!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 8, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Tha glorious paintmanship of our noble GM

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 5/6 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

"God drat," Stev remarked from the comfort of his trench as the Behemoth continued its advance "The hell did they make that thing's circuits out of? Those systems should be scrambled to Charon and back by now the way you've been hammering it. In fact..." he peered through his scope at the rig's markings. "Huh. Wouldn't have expected that."

He waved a camera drone over, and pointed it towards the titan. "You see those markings there? The fractals? That," he paused for emphasis "Is an Apex Industries rig. And they aren't called Apex for nothing--they're the absolute top of the line when it comes to rig design and manufacture. Believe it or not, that Alpha's on the lower end of their lineup, and it's still taken everything we've dished out at it in stride. That's craftsmanship right there. And if that's not enough for you, how about this: not a single Apex rig was destroyed in the Moon Wars. There's some that will tell you that that's only because Apex decided that contributing to the Moon Wars would be a complete waste of good rigs, but hey! Can't argue with stats! And even if that were true, can you really fault Apex's logic? I don't think so. So if you're in the market to add some serious mechanical power to your private security, PMC, or your private army, don't even bother looking elsewhere. Apex has you covered."

Action: Product Placement: 6d6 21

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 7, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hello Wreckers, Wreckettes, and non-definitively-gendered Rook constructs! This is Vev XIV of the Neo-orthodox Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus (reform congregation) tuning in. And you know what that means! Time for some SPONSOR CHALLENGES

I see you're having a grand time down there with your electroharpoons and hyperballistic shotguns. But you know who didn't need any of that stuff? Muscle Jesus didn't use a sword, he wrecked skulls open with his BARE HANDS. You should too.
Sponsor Challenge: Kill something with your bare hands

Speaking of killing, I spy some pretty righteous creatures down there on Rime. I like the cut of those Meth Maws' jib! But you're badder than they are, right? Prove it! Get up on their back and ride one like the cyberbull at a neorodeo. Only with less dismemberment. Or more dismemberment. It's your call. But I recommend less.
Sponsor Challenge: Ride a meth-maw

You know what's cool? EXPLOSIONS! Well, Rime is also very cold. But explosions would make it even better. Like if someone was to tamper with one of those big reactors then slowly walk away with it cooking off behind them? That would be frickin' sweet.
Sponsor Challenge: Send us a photo of you walking away from an explosion without looking. The bigger the explosion the bigger the payout.

When this match is over, you know those other Wreckers are going to take their free exfiltration on an air-conditioned corporate shuttle. Bo-ring! I wanna see you leave this battlefield in style, relying on nobody else except your own badassness.
Sponsor Challenge: Ride a cryovolcano eruption into space
Editors note: As this challenge is expected to be fatal, payment will be made to next of kin if appropriate.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 7 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption]

Bobby-Jack whistled to himself as he reloaded the autostitcher and fed idle scrap to the minifoundry to bring his medikit back to working order.

LUCINDA can peek
Using action to reload Medikit

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

"... which brings out the colour of your eyes, and ties in with those boots there, but if your gona wear this here muted tones would be best. It's like when Karl X tried to pull off the new snout-tec wearables, yeah he got in early with his "connections" to snout-tec's markting VP, but then he walks out in an omni-colour toga? Like, a visual assault from the omni like you'd expect, but ugh, what a clash! Oh is this your console? Let me sync up and... there, that should flag up any relevant updates for your current bio-config look, see you can do an example model to see how you would look before you commit, rotate it like that, anyway, yeah, so Karl was supposed to be like the trendsetter for that month's line but..."

Below visible to BJJ
Finish showing how to wear nose fashions to this scavenger. Ask nicely if we could have the Advanced Electronics from the space toilet Scavenger Camp

Wishlist- spend my Luxe to get something nice for Bobby-Jack

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 7, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Not Alex posted:

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 17 luxe ]

"Hmm, my impulse is always to grab the good stuff first, in case you have to leg it. Plus if we do the smash and grab luxe salvaging last we don't risk breaking something we need to get into the vault."

Scramble will open the vault barring some emergency interjection from Frau. "I'm curious about the Zodiac schematics considering this all ends with it trying to kill us."

Action: Acquire Zodiac V-Schematics

I checked with Bee on discord and between the two of us we can still only get one of the top three options, I thought we might be able to get two of them if we grabbed them on the same turn. That means we'll have to decide next turn if the payout for the archive is going to be worth more or less than the immediate 6d6, especially considering that we have to lug the archive to a luxe uploader (like in the camp)
I think for now I'm going to switch to grab an experimental sample.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 35 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

"Don't want to spend too long pick over here: I'll check the research wing and you the reactor?"

Salvage research database

Wishlist: Squidpacks are nice, or cyber (experimental or otherwise)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 1/5 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM]

Cryo watched with satisfaction as the Behemoth turned and delivered a barrage to some unlucky bastards she couldn't see. As the turret slewed around to face her, though, she belatedly realized that sitting shoulder-deep in a pool of non-compressible liquid was probably not the best place to be during a bombardment. She leaped for Stev's makeshift foxhole, but only got a few meters when a fountain of dirty ice flash-boiled in the corner of her eye. Mercifully, she was briefly stunned beyond feeling by the blast before the shock front from the second shell that had landed directly in the methane pool crushed her lungs flat.

She woke up coughing a sticky yellow-blue substance onto the ice as Stev gesticulated to a camera drone. There was a distinctly worrying rattle behind her ribs, but she somehow knew that it would all be fine if she could just have some time alone in the pool. But the Behemoth was still coming. She shakily stood up and grabbed Stev's medikit while he plugged to the audience and had it run one final cycle on him. Maybe she couldn't be on top form for the final battle, but she could make sure her teammate was.

Heal Stev

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘&#

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3 (RIG:3) / MOVE: 2 (RIG:2) / FUEL: 6 / LUXE: 8 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He nodded agreement, and went to pillage the reactor, claiming a trio of isotopes and stowing them externally on the rig.

Grab 3 isotopes from the reactor.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Wrecking Crew, Season 2: Rime

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch / 2. "Grumps" McGee
Midge safely harvests three units of Rare Isotope from the Reactor Housing!

Grumps acquires Research Database!

3. Cryo / 4. Stev Ansahok
Cryo applies Medi-Kit! Stev regains 1 HP!
Stev cuts a Promo! Stev is awarded 21 Luxe!

6. Scramble / 9. Frau Freiheit
:siren: Containment Breached!
Scramble acquires Zodiac V-Schematics!
Frau Freiheit acquires Experimental Sample!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Bobby-Jack reloads Medi-Kit!
Lucinda acquires Advanced Electronics!

10. Kal Risso
Experimental Optiscope acquired!

Toxic Zone! Cryo recovers 1 HP!

cryovolcanism posted:

:siren: 14.04 erupts! Ice, hydrocarbons, and spacecraft wreckage are ejected 18 km into the atmosphere!

Iceroids posted:

:siren: Decree aeropaths warn of incoming iceroid swarm! Unrpotected Wreckers are warned to take shelter or risk exposure to high velocity frozen projectiles!

SIGMA posted:

Facility SIGMA: Something slithers out of containment, with a taste for Wrecker flesh!

UPSILON posted:

:siren: An alarm echoes throughout Facility UPSILON! :siren:
:siren: UNSANITARY GENOME DETECTED. INITIATING CLEANSE PROTOCOL. :siren:

Sponsors posted:

The following Sponsors receive 10 Luxe for participation:
Pertinax AmmoFab
The following Sponsors receive 5 Luxe for participation:
RookEngOrg
Kalpernicus Risso
Virtual Domain Partners
The Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus

Current Sponsor account standings:
Pertinax Ammofab 20
RookEngOrg 15
Kalpernicus Risso 15
Hideous Dynamics 10
Virtual Domain Partners 15
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 5

Accounts posted:

Current Wrecker account standings:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 29
2. "Grumps" McGee 18
3. Cryo 0
4. Stev Ansahok 43
6. Scramble 7
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 78
8. Lucinda 12
9. Frau Freiheit 0
10. Kal Risso 0

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3: Kill 3 targets with Rampage.
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon (each as separate challenge).
5: Transmat the guidance computer from the Spaceship Wreck.
6. Transmat Biological Sample from downed Wrecker Kondo.
7. Transmat Aberrant Skull from downed Wrecker Kondo.
8. Transmat Biological Samples from 4 Mutant Stalkers.
9. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).

Hideous Dynamics
1. Transmat as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible.
2. Transmat an Experimental Sample from a Research Facility.
3. Transmat Advanced Electronics from Scavenger Camp or Spacecraft Wreck.

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore both Cryovolcanoes (+10L).
2. Be first to attack Kal Risso (+10L).
3. Seize the MCAD Prototype from Freiheit (+5L).
4. Sabotage Grumps McGee's Experimental Cover (+5L)
5. Be first to attack Cryo (+5L)

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Transmat Research Database from each Research Facility.
+Transmat all 3 parts.
2. Transmat Telemetry Database from Spacecraft Wreck.
3. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.
4. Transmat Experimental Drone Remains from 14.07.

RookEngOrg
1. Transmat Aberrant Skull or destroy corpse of Wrecker [Kondo]
2. Transmat 5 Biological Samples from any Mutant corpse OR Newtype Wrecker
3. Betray an Ally
4. Kill an Ally

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
1. Get a kill without a weapon.
2. Ride a Meth-Maw.
3. Don't Look at an Explosion
4. Ride a Cryovolcanic Eruption

Sponsors-Only Map

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

"Oh, look at the chrono. Time to go, Frau." Inwardly Scramble is panicking as the units deploy. Plasmathrowers will make quick if agonizing work of them and the main unit looks sturdy enough to shrug off quite a bit of damage. Retreat. But the mountains will slow... Scramble's racing thoughts screech to a halt.

"UNSANITARY!? Who are you to judge my tidy telomeres, machine?" Scramble draws herself up and levels her shotgun at the activating bot. "Soon."

Then she bolts. There are times and places for these things after all.

Frau peek 12.03 > 12.04

This doesn't look good and the haul doesn't seem like it was worth near certain death. But if we make it out of the mountains we both can outrun the main unit.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 3/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 009 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Hazmat Gear, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Freshly kitted-out with his experimental, top-of-the-line Optiscope, Kal Risso slung his newly upgraded rifle onto his back and set off into the foothills leading into the mountains. There was an access road that he had heard about from the scavengers at the southern Rime camp. It was little more than a rough, mountainous pass, or so he'd heard, but the camp's scavs had told him that it would quickly lead him up through a switchback route that could take him to the Wildcat Fracker's camp through the Research Facility marked as "Upsilon." Perfect. He had a score to settle with that Wildcat Fracker, and in the meantime Upsilon would keep him protected from the incoming inclement weather.

Once he found the path-marker set in the thick rocky ice, Kal knew he'd found the trail. He started his ascent.

Kal had only made it several steps onto the trail when the ground started rumbling and the third cryovolcano blew. Kal ducked for cover under a rocky outcropping and was disoriented by the powerful sight. There was a third cryovolcano?! There were only supposed to be two in the region, or so Kal thought. He realized with dawning horror the exact location of the third volcano as he witnessed the spaceship pinnace plummeting back towards the mountain lake, falling along with other huge chunks of rock and ice. That was where Kal Risso had been, mere hours earlier! Had he stayed any longer to salvage the wrecked ship's crew archives... no, it was best not to think about it.

He watched the chunks of ice and rock shower down over the region, mesmerized.

Shortly after everything settled from the cryovolcano's explosion, Kal thought he could hear sirens echoing in the distance. That must be Upsilon's defensive measures in play. Whether it was related to the quakes, the falling ice chunks, or the Wrecking Crew games' contestants making something go awry, Kal didn't know and he didn't want to find out.

11.05 -> 11.04 -> 11.03

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 8, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

Lucinda emerges from the hab capsule, with a short neotype behind her, their nose bedecked in ribbon, plastic and metal accoutrements.

"Hey Bobby-Jack, the last upload went direct to my account so here. If you want to get this one".
Transfer advanced electronics to B-J-J

"So I was just talking to one of the locals, they've been here a while apparently! Which I guess shouldn't be surprising but you know, I thought it would be a newish build what with all the poisonous everything, but no apparently they've been down here aaages, but their living costs are subsidied since, poisonous everything, so it works out they're making more here than they would at a less hostile colony, though I think I'd prefer a holiday destination, or at least a colony that has a holiday destination. Not that RIME isn't nice, it does have it's own charm that's growing on me a little, but like, what if you got stranded?"

Below visible to BJJ
go to Hex 05.01 via Hexes 07.02 and 06.02. As suggested.

Wishlist-

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 8, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

[Frau Freiheit / HP:1/2 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]

Oh gently caress ME! Frau exclaims as three robots burst out of the closet she had just checked for hostiles.
Yeah, time to go. Those bots look nasty, and their plasma throwers are going to hurt. Let's split up and see if we can lure them into an Ambush.
As Frau starts running, she tosses Scramble her squid pack Judging from the announcement you'll need this more than I, let's meet up again at the Scan Tower and set up there to take them out.

Scramble may peek:
move to 11.02, transfer the squid pack to Scramble

Wishlist:
A medkit

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 8, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
x3
[MIDGE / HP:3 (RIG:3) / MOVE: 2 (RIG:2) / FUEL: 6 / LUXE: 8 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Quietly, to Grumps,

"That is one ugly looking nasty. Good thing we're in a building! Try and get its attention, lead it on a merry dance, take it back to where I am. I'll try and get the drop on it, see if we can't blow it to chernobylchunks before it can act."

Grumps is aware: Trying to use teamwork and the fact we're in a big, complex building to set up an impromptu ambush opportunity on the Teratomorph.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 7 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption]

Bobby-Jack pocketed the electronics with a nod and a grunt. He listened to Lucinda idly, sipping the last of his ScavCaff, on occasion nodding or shrugging in reply. Only after she kept a pause (possibly to draw breath?), did Bobby-Jack opine.

"I have to disagree. This is what I think we should do."

LUCINDA can peek
We should go to Hex 05.01 via Hexes 07.02 and 06.02 to discover the last Research Station. Sure the encounters are nasty, but they only seem to manifest if we dick around for extended periods of time. Besides, I figure I should do at least ONE of my Sponsor's quests.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

]

"That won't work here: this is it's home, I doubt we can get the drop on it. You go round and try to flank it: I'll grab it's attention, this rig can take a beating, and Pertinax have given me a goodie that should help"

Saying still, ready to beat this thing up in the encounter phase.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 15]

Kalpernicus swore with dumbfounded awe when he saw the omnidirectional multicam feed of the Cryovolcano at 14.04 blowing its stack - first in realtime, then in slow motion. Just like his temporal twin situated groundside, Kalpernicus was utterly mesmerized by the remarkably powerful sight, witnessing several tons of ice, rock, liquid chemicals, and spaceship debris plummet back to Titan's surface from 18km in the atmosphere. Such sheer geo-violent kilotonnage in action!

Once he realized that Kal Risso should have been aboard that airbound spaceship pinnace careening towards the ground at terminal velocity, Kalpernicus really began swearing in earnest. If only Pertinax hadn't sent out those experimental Optiscopes, Kal Risso would be dead and gone in a chemical bath by now - or tumbling out into the uncaring vaccuum of space! Kalpernicus fumed a little bit before concocting a plan.

Desiring only for accuracy, the temporally-challenged ex-Wrecker fired up his limited-access sponsor console and updated his Wrecker challenge entries:

• > Explore all THREE Cryovolcanoes: 15 Luxe
  • Be first to attack Kal Risso: 10 Luxe
  • Seize the MCAD Prototype from Frau Freiheit : 5 Luxe
  • Sabotage Grumps' deployable cover: 5 Luxe
  • Be first to attack Cryo: 5 Luxe
  • Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 0* Luxe
  • Unallocated funds: -25 Luxe
*bounties may increase as funds become available.

Kalpernicus ordered several fabri-banned intoxicants to be delivered to his quarters. He'd need to quell his sour mood with some recreational delirium, and this pleasure barge of the Lucindas had everything he liked.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 9, 2018

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Medical Report posted:

Patient: Thurl Rooksfield
Patient MRN: 1992-45-768s

Patient was admitted last Thursday post transfer from employer care (subject's employer: Hideous Dynamics, LLC). Patient presents with multiple diagnoses as a result of an "industrial accident." All attempts to determine the nature of the accident have been denied, employer sites industrial security concerns. Patient appears to be blind, both eyes appear to have undergone substantial morphological changes, leaving no identifiable anatomy. The iris and pupil are totally absent, sclera appears to account for 100% of the eye surface. Sclera color is uniformly black and shows no response to external stimuli.

Patient is responsive to verbal and physical stimuli but is unable to communicate effectively through any means. Patient has made repeated attempts to communicate verbally but does not appear to be speaking any known language. Consultation with linguistic experts have yielded no results. Patient appears to be scratching or otherwise marking his epidermis with regular, repeating, unknown symbols. Again, all efforts and consultations have yielded no results. If the markings are a language of some kind it is totally unknown at this time.

Frankly, we have no idea what the hell happened to this man. If we can't get any information from his employer about what happened to him and when, I'm not sure we can do anything but provide palliative care. Given what little seems to be known about Hideous Dynamics I suspect that anything he was exposed to is most likely actually hideous.

Mirko put the holo-tablet down, the lights in the room automatically coming back up to normal from their slightly dimmed reading level. Helped save the eyesight. The reports that they had collected from the med-net on Thurl's condition weren't promising. He didn't love stonewalling the doctors about what had happened (or when it had happened) but he certainly couldn't have anyone getting wind of what they were working on. Not just from an industrial espionage angle, but the treaty of Phobos expressly forbid further attempts to violate causality. While the Reality-Shift™ system wasn't actually a violation of causality, it was drat close and Mirko did not want to be stuck in a quagmire of legal proceedings while trying to bring a new product to market. The difference between what was and wasn't causality violating was sort of fuzzy even to him. The lads in the lab could certainly make a case but anyone on a jury that didn't have a degree in some sort of theoretical physics would be lost, and likely so would the case.

So, with a resigned sigh (and a healthy swig of gin) Mirko deleted another message from the doctor treating Thurl. "Here's to you, Thurl."

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

No movement order.

No movement order.
Alpha Behemoth arrives!

6. Scramble
Movement to 12.04

Kronos Purifer arrives! Torch Remotes arrive!

Movement to 05.01.

9. Frau Freiheit
Movement to 11.02.

10. Kal Risso
Movement to 11.03. RAD ZONE!

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Pertinax
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon (each as separate challenge).

Hideous Dynamics

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore both Cryovolcanoes (+10L).
2. Be first to attack Kal Risso (+10L).
4. Sabotage Grumps McGee's Experimental Cover (+5L)
5. Be first to attack Cryo (+5L)

Virtual Domain Partners
+Transmat all 3 parts.

RookEngOrg
3. Betray an Ally
4. Kill an Ally

2. Ride a Meth-Maw.

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 9, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
x3

A quick check of the sponsor challenges, and Midge comments,

"You know who wouldn't stand and fight this thing? Kal Risso. That mutie has a yellow streak a mile wide, and worst of all, he isn't entertaining."

Midge improvised, the time he had sent in preparation clearly not wasted. Kicking a beam aside, the floor under the teratomorph collapsed.

Improvise: 1d6 5

Sinkhole!: 1d8 3

Attack Kal Risso's character! Also, Improv against the Teratomorph.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

It's a small thing. A tossed squidpack in the heat of the moment. It's a big thing. A lifeline extended. As she runs, Scramble makes a promise to herself. Frau Freiheit had earned Scramble's loyalty. No sponsor bounty would break it.

Scramble leaps a ice shelf and finds herself in crude camp. Rough igloos and even a larder, judging by the frozen corpse sticking out of a methane drift. Two stalkers argue amongst themselves while a huge elite ponders the icy cadaver. Scramble's link to the mutant minds thrums.

"Heya, gents. There's a bad mambo heading this way. Fight or flight, right?"

Scramble barely slows down, long legs flashing as she bounds through the camp. She hears the tooth numbing whine of the remote's suspensors behind her. Let's see how that sparker deals with some real unhygienic sequences. Well, probably pretty well from what she had seen but maybe they'd dent it. Scramble pulls the squidpack cord and vanishes in an inky cloud.

Squidding to 11.04

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 9, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Kal Risso felt a prickling sensation along the back of his neck and a chill down his spine. No, someone wasn't walking over his grave, he had walked into a radioactive zone. Judging from the Geiger readout on his Comms tablet, Kal could pinpoint the exact location of where the radioactivity was emanating from. There were blackened scorch marks all over the place and the ruined shell of a Beta Crawler slumped against the wall. Penetrative shotgun blasts seem to have partially subdued the mechanical monstrosity, and whatever other weapon had been used on it must have irradiated it heavily and fried its circuitry. If Kal had to wager, that must've been the MCAD MK .01, the experimental weapon that belongs to Frau Freheit. There was a bounty on that Wrecker's gun, for some reason.

Kal wondered if she was still in the area. He certainly couldn't stick around here, anyway.

When he crested the rough mountain plateau, he hiked to the edge and saw it square below him: Research Facility Upsilon. All he needed to do was to follow the winding path and he'd be squarely where he was supposed to be, indoors, safe and protected from the incoming mega-hail storm.

[Skirmisher] 11.03 -> 12.03

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Ah, back in the sponsors' lounge.

A condolence for what happened to the wreck. Not that big a deal, no liability attached, and the scavenger database oddly made up for a lot of it, but the thought was appreciated.

Hm. Perhaps Lucinda needed a reminder from Virtual Domain of just who out there appreciates a mutual business arrangement.

actions posted:

Experimental Squidpack for Lucinda. 28 luxe.

15 from Virtual Domain, 12 from Lucinda, 1 from Kalpernicus Risso

EDITED because I didn't need to take as much as I did from the other wrecker retirement account.

Also changed to experimental.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 9, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 6 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Well, here came the Apex Predator, right on cue. And... drat, it was going straight for Cryo again? Tough she might be, but there were only so many lasers you could tank with your face before it stopped working out for you. Why did they keep going for her, anyways? It was obvious that she could soak way more than he...

"It's the Stinger!" Stev shouted to Cryo "They're targeting the Stinger! They know it can end this in a shot if they get unlucky!"

Moving out of his foxhole, Stev tossed his precious hammer over to his partner and grabbed the gun, waving it in the air at the Rig's crew.

"Hey! Over here you rat bastards! Come at me! I survived the goddamn Moon Wars! You ain't got poo poo on me!"

With one fluid motion, he swung the Stinger up to his shoulder and pulled the trigger, the electro-harpoon plunging deep into an exposed joint.

Action: Stinger the Alpha!: 1d12 12

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 14]

Kalpernicus was watching the game's action feed when he overheard the wrecker named Midge Gureyevitch make a snide comment about Kal Risso, just before launching into an attack on the much-anticipated Teratomorph.

Midge Gureyevitch posted:

"You know who wouldn't stand and fight this thing? Kal Risso. That mutie has a yellow streak a mile wide, and worst of all, he isn't entertaining."

Even though Kalpernicus knew that the brusque wrecker was referring to his chrono-clone Kal Risso, he was momentarily stung by the comment. Wounded, even. He caught himself getting overly worked up and had a hearty laugh at his own expense.

He struck the Wrecker-Sponsor Challenge board's 'ACCEPT' button and got to work adjusting his challenges to avoid further exploitable loopholes. He even added a few more for good measure.

• > Explore all THREE Cryovolcanoes: 15 Luxe
  • Be first to attack Kal Risso: 10 Luxe
  • > Be first to SHOOT Kal Risso: 5 Luxe
  • Seize the MCAD Prototype from Frau Freiheit : 5 Luxe
  • Sabotage Grumps' deployable cover: 5 Luxe
  • Be first to attack Cryo: 5 Luxe
  • > Hurt Midge's feelings: 5 Luxe
  • Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 0* Luxe
  • Unallocated funds: -26 Luxe
*bounties may increase as funds become available.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 9, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

"...but Cheila VII insisted on getting in, we were all like "you aren't cargo Cheila, get out" but she was like "I'm chilling out :cheeky:" and we were all "that's not funny Cheila, it's an industrial cryo capsule", like they don't want you to even put pets in there, right? But yeah, she was going on about her idea for a cryo-pod ice bar and the pod was like, the perfect size, but it made no sense, you would be frozen - cryopod frozen not just cold, so, like, how would you get to the bar? You wouldn't even be awake, right? But she was all "watch this" and pulled out like an old-timey diving helmet thing, yeah, I know right? That was her plan. And before we could ask her "what?" she had it on and had powered up the cargo-freeze. Which would maybe be ok, it's for meat right? But she had that helmet on instead of the vac-pac clothing so the rest of ther froze but not her head. She was the last Cheila sister-clone, so Cheila prime needed to re-clone from scratch. That's the only time I've heard of that happening, although it did get close with the Karls, when they..."

Below visible to BJJ
Salvage CS armour prototype, unless you have any preferences?eeeh wrong phase, cover

Wishlist-

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 9, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

[Frau Freiheit / HP:1/2 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 11 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Of loving course it couldn't be a straight shot to get to the comms tower. As she see the Mutants approach, Frau jumps behind a large rock and shouts at them:
Hey, you guys want to earn some easy money without any risk of getting shot at? Just move along over there and get it! as she throws her luxe far away from herself

Bribe with 10 luxe, Cover if that's not a legal move

Wishlist:
A medkit

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby-Jack stalked the corridors of the research station, inspecting panels and instruments. To the constant background noise of Lucinda's endless prattle. How was it even physically possible for someone to talk that much? Must have been another nobility aug. Hmph.

"You know", Bobby-Jack drawled, "I would not be surprised if some of the security measures still present had noise triggers. Just saying."

LUCINDA can peek
Taking Cover

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

]

"Huh, that worked? Well, never give up a chance to kick an enemy when he's down."

Attack Roll: 1d10 2

"Wait, this thing has a safety? Goddamn, where's the safe button..."

Realizing that with a arcane horror bearing down on him was not the best time to fiddle with his gun, Grumps uses his Deployable Cover as he tries to avoid the foe in his rig.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 9, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 2/5 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM]

Cryo stared up at the Behemoth. It was aiming right at her again. She was already feeling better, and the rattling in her chest had stopped, but she knew that another blast would put her down for good. Resignedly, she lined up a shot with the Stinger. Apex rigs just had too many redundant systems to reliably disable, but she could at least try and poke one last hole so Stev would have an easier time of it.

And then Stev happened. Before Cryo could react he'd snatched the gun and was running off screaming about the Moon Wars. She watched him put a spear dead on target.... and the turret kept slewing towards him. Cryo grabbed the hammer at her feet and limped under the Behemoth, taking a big swing at one of the knee joints. It made a hollow clang and not much else. The main gun was already starting to glow.

No. Not now, not after all this loving time and pain. She swung again, and again, and again. "DON'T! *clang* "HURT!" *clang* "MY!" *clang* "FRIEND!"

Bash the Behemoth: 1d8 8

With a sudden whoosh, Cryo belatedly found the button that activated the hammer's kinetic accelerators. The maintenance panel she was whaling on crunched inwards and she was doused in a spray of hydraulic fluid as the Behemoth stumbled overhead. Directly under a few thousand tons of precariously balancing plasteel was probably... a suboptimal place to find yourself. Cryo ran back the way she'd came and prayed she could get out in time.

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘&#

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"Yes. Yes!" Aethelred exclaimed. You see, it becomes difficult for more mundane entertainments to get your blood up after you've been to a few of Lucinda Prime's dinner parties and stuck around for the post-meal tableaus. However, the agony and the ecstasy of Stev and Cryo's protracted battle with that Behemoth had him on the edge of his seat until that final Kinetic Hammer blow sent a veritable ejaculatory stream of hydraulic fluid spurting skyward, prompting his little outburst of glee. Then, mid-fist-pump he did a double take at one of the smaller screens, pulling the image to the main viewer. Was that teratomorph wearing the tattered remains of a Super Shootmans shirt? Could it be? Could that be lost wrecker Ding Hammerfaust? His commlink contained several encrypted files from a Pertinax station infiltration challenge he had completed but not turned in during season four.

Euthanise Ding Hammerfaust and return his commlink.

Aethelred pulled up the season four archives and the restricted files pertaining to Operation Rectum drat Near Killedum, silently shaking his head at the puerile, childish way that the Force Projection Division liked to title their ops. He left them several degrees of latitude only in recognition of their usual effectiveness.

"Authorisation Aethelred Vermillion Six One Phi Omega."
+++Authorisation accepted, Director. Chamber secured. Access granted.+++

As he pored over the files, he practically salivated over the schematics for the Trifluorochlorohydrazine warhead. It was being developed by the now-defunct Phobos Combine during the Third Ice War, later folded into and referred to as part of, the Ice Crusades.

If only, he thought. Several minutes later, another challenge was added.

Investigate 00.01 for signs of buried facilities. May require excavation equipment.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 10, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Grumps deploys Experimental Cover!
Midge Improvises! Sinkhole collapses! Teratomorph is unaffected!
Grumps attacks Teratomorph! Grumps misses!

Teratomorph attacks Midge! Midge's Gamma Enforcer takes 4 damage (reduced from 5) and is destroyed!
Rampage! Teratomorph misses Grumps!
Experimental Cover is destroyed!

Challenge Complete posted:

Midge "attacks" Kal Risso! Midge gains 20 Luxe for completion!
Kalpernicus gains 5 Luxe for completion!

Alpha Behemoth misses Stev!

Stev attacks Alpha Behemoth! Alpha Behemoth takes 3 damage (3/15), but is protected by Hardening!
Cryo attacks Alpha Behemoth! Alpha Behemoth takes 5 damage and is destroyed!

Cryo's account is credited 15 Luxe for Alpha bounty!
Stev's account is credited 10 Luxe for Alpha bounty!

6. Scramble
Retreats to 11.04!

Bobby-Jack takes Cover!
Lucinda takes Cover!

Sponsorship posted:

Virtual Domain Partners spends 28 Luxe (15 VDP, 12 Lucinda, 1 Kalpernicus) on behalf of Lucinda for Drone Delivery of an Experimental Squidpack. It will arrive on Sponsor Phase.

9. Frau Freiheit
Freiheit takes Cover!

Mutant Soldier 1 lays down Suppression! Freiheit's attacks are downscaled!
Mutant Soldier 2 attacks Freiheit! Freiheit takes 2 damage! Neo-Soldat talent activates! Freiheit remains at 1 HP!
Mutant Manhunter attacks Freiheit! Freiheit takes 3 damage and is killed!

Wrecker Down posted:

:siren: 10 Luxe is credited to Surviving Wreckers! A Death Beacon is lit at map coords 11.02! :siren:

The scourge of altruism claims another victim.
It's a maudlin-rear end scenario to see a legend bite it in so perfunctorily a manner.
It's just a costume, Rev.
Tell that to all those Moon Warriors she inspired. Riperoni con queso, Frau Freiheit.

10. Kal Risso
(Skirmisher) Movement to 12.03.

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Pertinax
10. Kill Teratomorphic Ding Hammerfaust and Salvage commlink.
11. Scan hex 00.01 for buried facilities.

Hideous Dynamics

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore three Cryovolcanoes (+15L).
2. Be first to shoot Kal Risso (+5L).
4. Sabotage Grumps McGee's Experimental Cover (+5L).
5. Be first to attack Cryo (+5L).
6. Hurt Midge's feelings (+5L).

Virtual Domain Partners
+Transmat all 3 parts.

RookEngOrg
3. Betray an Ally
4. Kill an Ally

2. Ride a Meth-Maw.

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 10, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
x3

"Ach, I thought I had him, but the only thing I ended up hurting was my own pride," said Midge, despondently.

He fired up his antenna, to see what was the safest route out of the Hot Zone.

Midge has wounded his own pride through failing to take out the Teratomorph! Scanning!

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 10, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

When Kal Risso cracked his way inside the Research Facility Upsilon and crept through its corridors, he found the place to be eerily empty, dormant - completely silent, too, save for the static white-noise hum of fans and electronics whirring and blinking away in their places. At a glance, it was an immaculate technological graveyard. Despite the intact temperature-controlled atmosphere, Kal Risso still felt cold inside - at least, he kept getting chills. He was having a hard time feeling safe here...

Oh well - at least he'd be protected from falling iceroids and cryovolcanic eruptions for the time being.

The bloc of laboratories looked to be entirely automated at this point, and yet on further inspection they also showed signs of recent abandonment, a little wear and tear at the edges, and some signs of battle damage. Kal deduced that that there might have been some conflicts in these hallowed halls of technological progress - good to know. Best to be prepared.

Kal Risso expected a fight to come his way, and he acted accordingly. He was always particularly resourceful when he had a little bit of time to prepare and gather materials. He started digging in to make himself more comfortable.

Kal Risso sets up an Ambush!

When Kal Risso was finished setting up, he looked up the map on his Wrecker-restricted Comms tablet and realized that Frau Freheit had died no less than a click away from his current position. Maybe he could take up target practice with his new scope soon, see if he couldn't pick off the villain or villains who killed her, one by one. Then again, Kal was also conveniently downrange of that Wildcat Fracker who had stolen his methmaw tusk. Choices, choices, Kal sure had choices to make - and soon!

First things first - Kal Risso flooded his system with sleep-promoters to induce a quick cat-nap. Can't be running around pell-mell all the time!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 12 luxe ]

Scramble feels hollow. What happened? The purifiers had followed her. The plan had been working. They were going to meet up. Scramble must be cursed. Two allies dead moments after leaving her side.

Scramble grits her teeth and wheels about. She feels like ripping something apart. She'll hit the bots as they round that ice formation. Plasma fire and ice roids be damned.

Ambush and reload squidpack with five luxe.