Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

quote:

A man named Michael Hunt was arrested for attempted kidnapping

really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

For a moment I thought it was Lana Del Rey that had been arrested.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

For a moment I thought it was Lana Del Rey that had been arrested.

Same.

Funny thing is I wasn't shocked or dismayed by my misread.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The woods near Fifty Shades star Jamie Dornan's house is a prime dogging location and it became even more popular since he moved there.

quote:

One resident told this newspaper: “The Cotswolds has always been known for dogging sites and there was a little bit going on in the woods before.

“But when Jamie moved here things ramped up. They were having a snoop at the house then going to the woods which are just nearby.

“That was two years ago and then there was a bit of a lull.

“But last week my partner was out with our dogs after work and he said he heard a couple. The woman was calling him Mr Grey, like in the film."

The sex spot near Stroud, Glos, is listed on a number of websites, with one plugging its “good views”.

After listing directions to the site, another user on Swinger-nation.co.uk says: “Walk right into the far corner of the woods where the houses are. Great for meeting etc.

“Also good views if that’s your thing. Well worth checking out. Also there are lots of entrances and exits to the woods, great not to look too obvious.”

Another writes: “Cool spot for voyeurs, great at night, views etc. Right over far side in corner.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

quote:

A man named Michael Hunt was arrested for attempted kidnapping

In a previous job we had a client named Michael Hunt. Any time anybody needed to speak to him on the phone the caller would inevitably ask for 'Mike Hunt'.

One day, my lovely and very Christian colleague did not understand why everyone was laughing at 'Mike Hunt', and kept repeating it to himself: "I don't get it? What's so funny about Mike Hunt? Why is everyone laughing about Mike Hunt?" and so on, until we had to beg him to stop because it hurt from laughing so much :D

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And that man later transitioned into a women in order to find the answer to that mystery. :ms:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

And that man later transitioned into a women in order to find the answer to that mystery. :ms:

Nah, rather than STDH we just explained it to him, he was very embarrassed and we didn't speak of it again because that would be mean.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Indian journalist wakes up one morning to news that he’s become a sectarian martyr

More sinister than funny, but certainly impressively weird.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And people say Elon Musk is a visionary.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I want to see a whale turned into a rocket.

...yes, my mother is doing fine, thank you for asking.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I have some bad news, and some good news.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/13/557652159/jeremy-the-lonely-left-twisting-snail-dies-but-knows-love-before-the-end

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Jeremy spoke in class today :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jojoinnit posted:

Jeremy spoke in class today :(

:emptyquote:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.businessinsider.com/marbled-crayfish-clone-themselves-2018-2

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Life finds a way.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

So this is the way the world ends. Did not see that coming.

e: The good news is they max out at 4" long. The bad news is they eat almost anything: vegetation, small fish, other invertebrates. http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/wiki/Procambarus_sp_%22marmorkrebs%22

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Feb 8, 2018

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
And millions of Louisianans just started mixing gumbo for no apparent reason.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Massive crayfish that didn't exist 25 years ago are capable of cloning themselves -- and it's terrifying scientists

New invasive species discovered -- scientists flee in panic!

There are suddenly a lot of crayfish -- and scientists are begging God for forgiveness!

Self-replicating crayfish alert -- scientists can't stop screaming!

Scientists hurling themselves from buildings in suicidal crayfish mania!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There is a reason that sexual reproduction has evolved independently on countless occasions and is observed in the overwhelming majority of multicellular species.

Eventually some pathogen is going to come along and destroy the marbled crayfish.

Tiggum posted:

Massive crayfish that didn't exist 25 years ago are capable of cloning themselves -- and it's terrifying scientists

New invasive species discovered -- scientists flee in panic!

There are suddenly a lot of crayfish -- and scientists are begging God for forgiveness!

Self-replicating crayfish alert -- scientists can't stop screaming!

Scientists hurling themselves from buildings in suicidal crayfish mania!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I went to high school in Iowa, I can confirm this.:cawg:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Woman Found Holding Own Eyeball Near South Carolina Church

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

God drat. Everyone should read this article.

quote:

There were conflicting reports as to whether the woman was holding one or both of her eyeballs.

quote:

emergency workers arrived on the scene and determined the wound to the eye was self-inflicted.

quote:

The sheriff’s office told the AP that since no crime was committed, no charges will be filed.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

rodbeard posted:

God drat. Everyone should read this article.
After further consideration I believe the exact opposite is true

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Would have never thought the Grey Goo apocalypse would be so delicious.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

There is a reason that sexual reproduction has evolved independently on countless occasions and is observed in the overwhelming majority of multicellular species.

Eventually some pathogen is going to come along and destroy the marbled crayfish.
While comforting in the long term, short and mid term our already hosed water system is going to lose a lot of biodiversity.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Platystemon posted:

That's what I was thinking, if asexual reproduction is so great, why don't we all do it

Seems like they would be really vulnerable genetically, like Deliverance squared.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Phlegmish posted:

That's what I was thinking, if asexual reproduction is so great, why don't we all do it

Some of are trying very hard.

Especially when Selma Hayek is on TV.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

A co-worker was leaving and getting rid of his office aquarium, and I had always wanted a crayfish so I took the three he owned before knowing they were self-cloning and that I could never release or flush the dead bodies down the toilet or drop them in nature, as the shell can still release viable eggs. Instead, you must annihilate the corpse like it's some sort of horrid zombie creature.

Don't own them :smith: Mine murdered each other before cloning and I pulverized them. I was fairly relieved they had done themselves in, but it wasn't fun.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Feb 8, 2018

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Aren't they supposed to be really big too? How large is your toilet.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Nah they're tiny dudes, it's really deceiving. Like 3-4 inches. They're super-cute and easy to keep, you can even set them up in a bucket, until you come back and have more. The guy who gave me mine had apparently started with one.

I hadn't learned that last bit before I'd gotten them home and set up. He was a nice enough guy, but in his eagerness to not murder crayfish, he sorta hornswoggled me.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 11:29 on Feb 8, 2018

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

round here we boil them in cajun spice and i'd love a never ending bucket of crayfish

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ah I see, à number of articles seemed to imply they were real big.

Yeah World hunger is solved! Sucks for the people who are allergic I guess.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

they'd probably get along fine with tilapia and eat your garbage

i think we can all agree all that biodiversity was probably gonna die anyway

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fathis Munk posted:

Ah I see, à number of articles seemed to imply they were real big.
I think they're big by crayfish standards.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah and from my memories of dissecting crayfish they aren't all that small. Though I guess maybe the ones we dissected were real big too to help.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's apparently very easy to hack the Vatican's website.

Pope Francis: The Lord is an Onion

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah World hunger is solved! Sucks for the people who are allergic I guess.

Is this going to be like the Irish Potato Famine but with crayfish?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

gently caress that! I ain't having no deep ones moving in to my neighborhood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Thomas the blind bisexual goose to be buried next to his partner Henry the swan