Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Isn't there exactly one character like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Have you gotten to Gerudo yet? Because that is not the case there, they’re all badasses.

And there’s the woman who threatens your life for stepping on her flowers.

Come to think of it, other than the girl who lives in impas house there aren’t really any female characters who are overly meek that I remember.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Have you gotten to Gerudo yet? Because that is not the case there, they’re all badasses.

And there’s the woman who threatens your life for stepping on her flowers.

Come to think of it, other than the girl who lives in impas house there aren’t really any female characters who are overly meek that I remember.

There's a shopkeeper who hides in the corner

It's definitely not most though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The best female NPC is the one who teaches Link recipes for dubious food.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Kaysette posted:

the place where you meet her is just perfect

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Even Zelda in this game is definitely not meek. I think aside from Tetra she's my favourite Zelda!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Zelda is such a massive nerd in this game, it’s extremely funny.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Zelda basically spends this entire game slapping around Ganon in an off-panel duel

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Uh Zelda is the boy I don't know what you all are talking about. His name is on the game and everything.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Octolady posted:

Even Zelda in this game is definitely not meek. I think aside from Tetra she's my favourite Zelda!

Tetra owns but thicc Zelda is also good. At least until she starts talking.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ulvir posted:

the place where you meet her is just perfect

I have so many hours in this game and I've never heard of this person. Where should I be going?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't understand Spanish at all but the Spanish (Latin American) voice track has been pretty nice so far if you're looking for an alternative to the english vo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

I have so many hours in this game and I've never heard of this person. Where should I be going?

The mountains east of the desert, adjacent to the plains.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Why can you save scum every single thing in this game except dragons? I'll save with one right below me and then if I reload its just gone.

Where the gently caress do I hit Nydra to get her horn? I have tried like 10 different spots and every time I get a scale or a fang. I'm going to flip my poo poo if I can't upgrade my Champion's Tunic soon.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shoot the horn to get a shard of the horn. You may have to get up close in order to shoot it accurately.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The spiky icicle things on top of its head are all horns. Shoot those.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

dragons are weird. if you save and then light up a bonfire to wait it’ll work.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kaysette posted:

I was honestly expecting the Monk in that shrine to tell link to get her away from the shrine, or a Dubious Rock-Hard Talus to emerge from what is basically a toxic waste dump.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
I was wondering if Dubious Food Chick was worth a Korok Seed or some other random bonus. I guess she's just there to serve as a big red flag warning with lessons on how to not waste materials when cooking.

I even tried making a couple dishes that she talked about to present to her in case there was some other angle to her presence. No she's really just there to be the Soup Nazi for Dubious Food.

She's neck-and-neck for weirdness with the girl who lets you have a sphere after bringing back a picture of a Guardian.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Man, I am not feeling the DLC shrines - instadeath is bullshit.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Most of the enemies in those shrines have just 50 HP, so use a powerful bow and take them out from outside their aggro radius.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Wow that very last level of the final Trial of the Master Sword just wasted me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm finally getting around to building Tarreytown (somehow talking to the guy who starts this chain is something that never happened before. drat your slightly out of the way house!). The true hilarity is the Hero of Time deciding he needs wood for his town so he sets about blowing up all the trees of the neighboring towns. Capitalism

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Wow that very last level of the final Trial of the Master Sword just wasted me.

It's such a cool set-up. It really sucks it's so much effort to get there because I'd love to just gently caress around with such a situation. Like see how far you can get by knocking a rider off, taking their steed, and trying to actually beat it as opposed to ancient arrow cheesing it.

Is anyone actually good at fighting from horseback? I get the impression that the Lynels were designed with some sort of jousting in mind, but besides using your steed as a launch pad to bullet-time them to death, I find fighting on horses kind of tough, and no where near as efficient as just being on the ground. I also have so much trouble accelerating on the motorcycle and attacking at the same time.

Duckula posted:

Man, I am not feeling the DLC shrines - instadeath is bullshit.

Keep at it you'll see why they're among the best in the game.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I just want to say it's a loving crime that there isn't a Kass amiibo that when used doesn't drop any loot but instead summons Kass to replace whatever song is currently playing with an accordion version.

0/10 will continue to play this game for another 600 hours but only begrudgingly.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

I just want to say it's a loving crime that there isn't a Kass amiibo that when used doesn't drop any loot but instead summons Kass to replace whatever song is currently playing with an accordion version.

0/10 will continue to play this game for another 600 hours but only begrudgingly.

An amibo to just summon kass anywere? Hell yeah.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

frodnonnag posted:

An amibo to just summon kass anywere? Hell yeah.

Into every nintendo game. I want Kass to show up in Odyssey and play an accordion version of Jump Up, Super Star!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

wow, ice arrows and a lightning weapon makes major test of strength into a major joke :staredog:

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

ulvir posted:

wow, ice arrows and a lightning weapon makes major test of strength into a major joke :staredog:

Yes, or even better, an ice weapon. The wizzrobe's lovely ice rod works wonders on those shrines.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

run up to robot and spin2win, collect spirit orb. maybe reflect some lasers or fly a bit.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I was fighting a Lynel the other day and almost had him killed and was ready to collect those sweet sweet items they drop when......i accidentally shot him with an ancient arrow. I had never shot anything but a Guardian with an ancient arrow. I didn't realize what would happen. Imagine my surprise.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kaysette posted:

run up to robot and spin2win, collect spirit orb. maybe reflect some lasers or fly a bit.

Stasis + and spin until it's dead. That's literally all there is to it.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
It takes an annoyingly long time to kill a wild horse by repeatedly hitting it with the Master Cycle Zero.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Blizzard rods are amazing when you want to initiate by diving into an enemy camp: the blizzard rod has what seems to be a 360-degree blast zone when you swing it. Gives you plenty of time to hit everyone with a lightning weapon so everyone gets hit by the AOE as you shock each foe.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

maltesh posted:

It takes an annoyingly long time to kill a wild horse by repeatedly hitting it with the Master Cycle Zero.
It's not really an ideal weapon, but it is a wonderful feeling to fly through a bokoblin camp and send two or three of them flying off.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

So here I am, doing the shrine next to Gerudo Town and wondering what the hell it is I'm missing. I clearly need four metal objects to direct the electricity all the way across the right side of the room, but there's only two barrels and one box and there is no way that'll be enough. So, I run around for several minutes like a headless chicken, trying out different stuff but nothing's helping...

...Hold on, wasn't that treasure chest made of metal?

:downsgun:

And that, I guess, is why the shrine's challenge is called "The Whole Picture". I feel like a complete idiot for forgetting about the chest.

edit: I wonder if I could've just thrown a sword on the floor at the right spot.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 7, 2018

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Doc Morbid posted:

So here I am, doing the shrine next to Gerudo Town and wondering what the hell it is I'm missing. I clearly need four metal objects to direct the electricity all the way across the right side of the room, but there's only two barrels and one box and there is no way that'll be enough. So, I run around for several minutes like a headless chicken, trying out different stuff but nothing's helping...

...Hold on, wasn't that treasure chest made of metal?

:downsgun:

And that, I guess, is why the shrine's challenge is called "The Whole Picture". I feel like a complete idiot for forgetting about the chest.

You could also just drop any metal weapon to connect the circuits.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

maltesh posted:

You monster!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I love the electricity shrines but it's also great that you can totally cheese them using your own weapons and shields :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Yep, I realized that right after I posted, and went back to try dropping my Gerudo scimitar next to the circuits.

Now I feel even more like an idiot.