Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
So its Family Guy basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Insofar as it's like someone wrote the words "Family Guy" on a piece of paper over and over

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ed walked out of the theater feeling fortified and stapled. His brain was buzzing, the way it always did while watching Star Wars. He loaded up his XBox with Halo and Final Fantasy and headed for Margaritaville. "I've had it!" he sang. "I've had it with irony, references, detached cynicism, and Donald Trump. I will drive without an iPhone, without Google Maps, and if I make it to Starkiller Base, fine, but if I'm running late, if I'm running a Star Citizen Kickstarter, it doesn't matter because this is the answer, this is the ending. I will keep on running because a Man who's Running stays in motion and it's better to feel. Star Wars is better than Star Trek, Star Trek is better than Babylon 5, Babylon 5 is better than Stargate, and Stargate is better than this.

"Detachable Penis" isn't the only king missile song anyone remembers!

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I know what those things are.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If those are really snippets from the book, how did it get so popular? It reads like garbage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

precision posted:

Ed walked out of the theater feeling fortified and stapled. His brain was buzzing, the way it always did while watching Star Wars. He loaded up his XBox with Halo and Final Fantasy and headed for Margaritaville. "I've had it!" he sang. "I've had it with irony, references, detached cynicism, and Donald Trump. I will drive without an iPhone, without Google Maps, and if I make it to Starkiller Base, fine, but if I'm running late, if I'm running a Star Citizen Kickstarter, it doesn't matter because this is the answer, this is the ending. I will keep on running because a Man who's Running stays in motion and it's better to feel. Star Wars is better than Star Trek, Star Trek is better than Babylon 5, Babylon 5 is better than Stargate, and Stargate is better than this.

"Detachable Penis" isn't the only king missile song anyone remembers!

Loses some points for not working in "Ain't nothing gonna break my stride".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Invalid Validation posted:

If those are really snippets from the book, how did it get so popular? It reads like garbage.

Lots of people love garbage books.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Invalid Validation posted:

Because it's easy breezy bullshit that indulges in the very worst aspects of nostalgia and gatekeeping, all wrapped-up in the most unchallenging voice possible. It's basically "Well, Actually": The Novel.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I like me some garbage books but that thing reads like a mad libs.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

RobotDogPolice posted:

There are a lot of nerds out there with nothing to offer beyond having an encyclopedic knowledge of the media they consume.

What would be good things to "offer" besides that? Asking for a friend.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly837E1Wwc

I think the movie adaptation of RPO is just going to be aggressively boring, just not as pedantic and annoying as the excerpts from the book I've read.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

Star Wars is better than Star Trek, Star Trek is better than Babylon 5, Babylon 5 is better than Stargate, and Stargate is better than this.

This is just wrong

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Coheed and Camembert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly837E1Wwc

I think the movie adaptation of RPO is just going to be aggressively boring, just not as pedantic and annoying as the excerpts from the book I've read.

Because how do you convey literally three pages to explaining the Voight-Kampf Test and the general world of Blade Runner on film

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
"He's got shotguns hidden all over the place...He's like an alcoholic for shotguns!"

Eric is somehow always at his best at live shows, holy poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

AlliedBiscuit posted:

"He's got shotguns hidden all over the place...He's like an alcoholic for shotguns!"

Thanks to Blame it on Outer Space and Hooked on TJ Hooker, Eric is my favorite of the bunch.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not too crazy about Blame It On Outer Space (maybe it's because he's playing a character) but he's definitely my favorite in WHM due to his voice and sense of comedic timing. All of my hysterical laughter moments have been one of his random one liners (my favorite is probably his Jeffrey Dahmer joke in Demolition Man)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 6, 2018

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

TOOT TOOT, CHICKEN poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AlliedBiscuit posted:

was at the live show for Blade 3 and can confirm this

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Thanks to Blame it on Outer Space and Hooked on TJ Hooker his existence, Eric is my favorite of the bunch.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The chatlog sequences in Ready Player One are the single worst thing I have ever read in my life.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/961046404868255745

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
In Ready Player One, the protagonist dude keeps worrying about whether his nerdgirl love interest is secretly a hairy dude named Chuck, to the point of directly accusing her of such, and the whole time I was going "If she is misrepresenting her sex online, it's quite possibly because she's a transwoman who doesn't have the money or means to transition and you're making the place she goes to escape worse by misgendering her you insensitive gently caress"

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

WHM romcom episodes are some of the best, I’m so ready

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Vosgian Beast posted:

In Ready Player One, the protagonist dude keeps worrying about whether his nerdgirl love interest is secretly a hairy dude named Chuck, to the point of directly accusing her of such, and the whole time I was going "If she is misrepresenting her sex online, it's quite possibly because she's a transwoman who doesn't have the money or means to transition and you're making the place she goes to escape worse by misgendering her you insensitive gently caress"

And then it turns out she has a scar on her face and that's why she doesn't like to talk about herself. Luckily the trailer shows her with her hair covering half her face so this story line is probably intact!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress yes, there is so much that is insane and bad about You've Got Mail

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My favorite thing about Eric is that he increasingly seems to barely be watching the movies

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
With WHM, one can barely watch the movie but another will more than make up for it by watching it a dozen times across reviews, teaching, and fat kid summers.

I do hope somebody watched The Shop Around the Corner to prepare for the episode.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

gently caress yes, there is so much that is insane and bad about You've Got Mail

To say nothing about the fact that thanks to Amazon BOTH of these guys are destitute! Happy Valentine’s Day!

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
"I ate too much chili and forgot about my kids."

I'm dead.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Blame it on Outer Space James Adomian (sp?) Jesse Ventura episode was also great
It's one of those rare podcast episodes of anything ever that I actually relisten to

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

DLC Inc posted:

was at the live show for Blade 3 and can confirm this

Oh yeah, I was at the Suburban Commando/Batman & Robin show and also saw firsthand. I managed to avoid the splash zone, though.

Oh my god, the line about chugging babies...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Twinkie Czar posted:

I do hope somebody watched The Shop Around the Corner to prepare for the episode.

A legit excellent movie and everyone should watch it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

A long time ago, maybe in this very thread, I saw someone make the comparison of Eric’s sense of humor and delivery to that of Norm Macdonald, and that is so spot-on and one of the reasons he’s consistently a surprise mvp. Like he doesn’t nail impressions like Andrew or Steve does, but he has this amazing ability to sneak in through the back door of a joke.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The Blame it on Outer Space James Adomian (sp?) Jesse Ventura episode was also great
It's one of those rare podcast episodes of anything ever that I actually relisten to

What are the “good” episodes of BioOS? Because I’ve tried to listen to it twice now and given up.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
the one with Andrew and Steve doing Maine accents was real good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

And the episode on FEMA Death Camps with special guest Wilford Brimley.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Fart City posted:

A long time ago, maybe in this very thread, I saw someone make the comparison of Eric’s sense of humor and delivery to that of Norm Macdonald, and that is so spot-on and one of the reasons he’s consistently a surprise mvp. Like he doesn’t nail impressions like Andrew or Steve does, but he has this amazing ability to sneak in through the back door of a joke.

He does a fantastic Trump though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

What are the “good” episodes of BioOS? Because I’ve tried to listen to it twice now and given up.

Bill Hicks Is Alex Jones

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Ever since the Disclosure episode, Steve's impression of Michael Douglas saying "You wanna get hosed!?" at Demi Moore will pop into my head at random moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

The only thing I don't like about Eric is when he plays things overly literal, like:

Andrew: "He's as big as William 'The Refrigerator' Perry!"
Eric: "Wait! Wait! Wait! Are you saying this man is an actual refrigerator? Explain this to me! Does he need to be plugged in? Do you put beer in him?"

His humor most closely aligns with mine most of the time, but I don't like when he plays the village idiot bit. It feels like sometimes he's doing the dumb friend trope from a sitcom. But he's usually very on-point and super funny. There have been quite a few times where he's dropped something on an episode and I've thought, "drat, this dude really knows his stuff."