Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Actually a decent counter would be an op who can scramble tracking things temporarily or within an area around that operator. Maybe make it rechargeable like Vigil (longer recharge shorter use) and with a tight circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I like the health thing. And good guns.
Not too sure about move and we spot you, but let's wait and see. I guess

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why are you guys bitching about Jackal's ability?
It's so easy to turn that ability into a trap against Jackal, especially if you're not a roamer and actually remember where you left your footprints.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Why are you guys bitching about Jackal's ability?
It's so easy to turn that ability into a trap against Jackal, especially if you're not a roamer and actually remember where you left your footprints.

Yeah I get that, but for me, it's mostly that his ability is just stupid. Like, how would looking at my muddy footprints at one end of the building allow him to determine that I'm crouched in a closet at the other end of the building? (I know there are other things in the game that aren't realistic, like Echo's drone being able to cloak, etc. but still, Jackal's is the silliest)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Health thing seems pretty cool but adding another tracker immediately after Dokkaebi who was already another tracker after Jackal seems kinda odd. I guess they really want to shut down roamers compared to how it was a few seasons back.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i'm very excited to respec holy priest after spending so much time as disc i mean doc

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah I get that, but for me, it's mostly that his ability is just stupid. Like, how would looking at my muddy footprints at one end of the building allow him to determine that I'm crouched in a closet at the other end of the building? (I know there are other things in the game that aren't realistic, like Echo's drone being able to cloak, etc. but still, Jackal's is the silliest)

Yeah, I also want realism in my games about japanese men that are invisible to cameras and psychotic brazilians that can get accurate, up to date information on future location of four other people just from a 2 second chat.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, I also want realism in my games about japanese men that are invisible to cameras and psychotic brazilians that can get accurate, up to date information on future location of four other people just from a 2 second chat.

You've got a different opinion on the matter - I get it. (Although to be honest, I'd forgotten about Vigil's ability, so fair point on that one) I just much prefer the year one operators, is all.
As much as I like more variety/change in the game, I'm a bit dubious about the way they've been going about it in recent seasons. So it's not exactly filling me with confidence, about the future for the game. I might be alone on that, though. (Don't get me wrong though, it's still a very enjoyable game to play at this point)

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

How to trap Caveira https://streamable.com/yt5qp

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rifle with 50 rounds, why even bother putting LMGs in?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
If they are both attackers, I suppose the UK and American operators from S3 will be both defenders. I think it's just a matter of time before someone gets that Calico machine gun pistol with like 50 rounds :v:

Jack Trades posted:

I'm sorry, but he's a North Korean man who is invisible to cameras, thank you very much.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Eh. Going into the hard sci-fi direction with HEALING NANOBOTS isn't something I'd expect this season, I was kinda hoping that the Outbreak event will contain all the bullshit and we're back to realism with the operators, with tripwires or something like that. The Spear does look like if the XM-8 Fishgun was a bullpup which is a weird-rear end design, while I can't say no to a Drum Mag Vector.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The long term goal is 100 operators so you may as well give up on any hope that they're going to dial back the clancyverse tech bullshit

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The ridiculous tacticool military futuretech is the best part, IMO.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

The ridiculous tacticool military futuretech is the best part, IMO.

Hence why Future Soldier is still the best Ghost Recon.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Not sure how I missed the last 10 posts. Ignore this.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
please remove all scifi poo poo from the game leaving only sledge, buck and frost

tjones
May 13, 2005

Wooper posted:

please remove all scifi poo poo from the game leaving only sledge, buck and frost

You have good ideas. This game is getting more overwatch by the year.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Wooper posted:

please remove all scifi poo poo from the game leaving only sledge, buck and frost shield recruit

Fixed

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol forever when ppl say capitao's crossbow sucks

he's my favorite low tech operator - gotta buy that eyeball + bloody FAL skin already...

e: mira is the perfect middleground btw even though the way her ability cuts through walls is insane

hopefully vigil is the closest we will ever get to an actual invis operator. i really sincerely like the way cav represents a stealth/rogue class in this game

Thief fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 7, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'd like an operorator who can make 1 wall breach.

Just 1.

Through any wall.

Not just the destructible walls.

Any wall. A single, man crouching sized hole.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

The Bananana posted:

Just 1.

Through any wall.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

these glaz buffs are getting out of hand

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I want Kool-Aid Man. An operator who's ability is to launch himself through an unreinforced wall with no warning except an "Oh yeah!"

Give him 3 armor and an autoshotgun.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that's basically Sledge but ubisoft likes to mirror abilities and it'd be kinda cool to see a defender that functions much like a living impact grenade though i think they'd be used to grief their own team more than mira meanies

now that Dokk finally brought a sound ability into the game i want to play an operator that uses sound devices to misdirect the attackers second guessing themselves.

the leaked raid healer looks fun even if the nanotech stuff is dumb. abilities that don't do direct damage would be for the best imo otherwise we're just gonna end up with more trap siege and bullshit like Zofia's grenade launcher which seemed rushed and probably should have instead been used as a way to rework Ash like they did Kapkan.

i'd rather have seen them go more in-depth with the self-revive/resilience aspect to her since her default weapons are already amazing. she is the most uninspired filler character in the game and as is she mostly serves as the icing on the cake to everything that makes nerds hate Ela's design.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Just 1.

Through any wall.

I want someone that can mess with lighting.

Sadly, both ideas are probably beyond the scope of the engine.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
All this science fiction technology and it never occurs to any of these operators that the most tactically significant gadget would be a 90s-era boombox.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Allow the team the ability to individually change the song so we can all fight over what the other team hears. Make it happen ubi.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I want someone that can mess with lighting.

Sadly, both ideas are probably beyond the scope of the engine.

On some maps Thather can make rooms completely pitch black.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:psyduck:

tjones
May 13, 2005
An attack operator like Sledge called Cutter that has bolt cutters and can disable fuse boxes around the map to cut off lighting besides dim emergency lights.

Then add the option to take a flashlight attachment that disables both grip and laser attachments.

We're on a roll today, gents.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Danknificent posted:

All this science fiction technology and it never occurs to any of these operators that the most tactically significant gadget would be a 90s-era boombox.

???

(I want to apply skins and personalize my talkboy)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I once had a draw cause this

but

what?

it says ranked but I'm thinking the 9 and 11 are photoshopped in from a custom game score or something?

Basticle fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 7, 2018

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I have the better part of a thousand hours in this dumb game and I've literally never seen a draw. How does it happen?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Koramei posted:

I have the better part of a thousand hours in this dumb game and I've literally never seen a draw. How does it happen?

iunno, I've probably experienced at least half a dozen, I mean, I had one just a month ago (in the most hilarious fashion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbnEctW23Nc

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Koramei posted:

Last two players kill each other at the same time, player sits on their own claymore when the last enemy triggers it, both of them falling off the roof at the same time like idiots.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Yeah, an operator that has a chance to negate a tracker ability would be cool

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

They could make Vigil actually not useless by making him invisible to all electroncs all the time.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Jack Trades posted:

On some maps Thather can make rooms completely pitch black.

Yea, he takes out any electronic lights in the room, I believe.

Although I feel like anybody that's not a shield op would be at a major disadvantage with a flashlight in a dark map, just because because of how easily you can die to random spraying.

Also, nanobot doctor should be a Spetsnaz guy who's actually just giving all the other operators insane amounts of amphetamines via a remote-controlled injection implant.

"Da, nanobots have bad comedown tomorrow. Sleep for whole day."

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I want Kool-Aid Man. An operator who's ability is to launch himself through an unreinforced wall with no warning except an "Oh yeah!"

Give him 3 armor and an autoshotgun.

Yea you can tie this into my "operators on meth" idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thatcher does take out the lights but no room is ever truly dark from it.