Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I have no idea what the Knicks do now, they are just hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Screw It — Let’s Debate Some Hypothetical LeBron Trades

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/screw-it-lets-debate-some-hypothetical-lebron-trades/

This is a fun article that doesn't take itself too seriously

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm curious about your intuition, are any of you guys convinced the Cavs have flaws serious enough to hamper their playoff performance, or is this just another LeBron boredom slump to you?

I know we say this every year, but this time it seems genuinely worse.

Flashing the Zogo Signal (or, "Zignal") to back this claim up with some advanced wizardry.

Libertine posted:

The fun part is you could say this any year within the entire current millennium!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Libertine posted:

Today is worse than yesterday. Time makes wounds worse

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/bgeis_bird/status/961272942628831232

I'm into it if it includes the Nets pick

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm curious are any of you guys convinced the Cavs have flaws serious enough to hamper their playoff performance, or is this just another LeBron boredom slump to you?

May I present to you one Derrick Rose

LeBron can will them to the ECF still. LeBron and Kevin Love and non-poo poo roleplayer performances can get them to the Finals, but there they will be swept.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/961273360100593665

I don't really get this unless it involves getting Kaminsky the gently caress out

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I went to bed last night shortly after Zinger died in New York. Cleveland was up by like 15 or 16 against Orlando at that point.

Now I check the boxscore — and the Cavs managed to lose by 18?!

:haw:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Cavaliers are a laughably bad team this year whose issues are being paved over by another legendary Lebron season.

I don't think this Cavs team makes it beyond the conference semifinals against either Boston or Toronto.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kemba for Willy and Courtney Lee who says no??

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lol that’s a Knicks move alright

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961276082308747265

I don't really get it unless there's another deal in the pipeline.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Since Zing is done why dont they just get ready for the draft?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm curious about your intuition, are any of you guys convinced the Cavs have flaws serious enough to hamper their playoff performance, or is this just another LeBron boredom slump to you?

If Love is healthy and plays well, and they do something to get a guard that can actually play basketball onto their roster, I can see it maybe happening, but:

a) it is nowhere as a clear path as the last 3 years
b) Isiah needs to be traded or play better
c) lebron needs to play out of his mind

If I were the GM of the cavs, i would do everything in my power right now to get Isiah off the team, even for nothing. He is absolutely valueless on the court and is clearly not helping their locker room situation.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/961273360100593665

I don't really get this unless it involves getting Kaminsky the gently caress out

Isn't Frank's contract like, REALLY bad, or am I confusing that with MJ's signing of him in the first place?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Paul Zuvella posted:

If Love is healthy and plays well, and they do something to get a guard that can actually play basketball onto their roster, I can see it maybe happening, but:

a) it is nowhere as a clear path as the last 3 years
b) Isiah needs to be traded or play better
c) lebron needs to play out of his mind

If I were the GM of the cavs, i would do everything in my power right now to get Isiah off the team, even for nothing. He is absolutely valueless on the court and is clearly not helping their locker room situation.

Loul Deng for Isiah Thomas

Who say no?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sucks to see Willy go for such a cheap price but this isn't a buyers market right now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Isiah Thomas is not the same guy you goddamn Taes. Good golly he's been junk though

Doltos posted:

Sucks to see Willy go for such a cheap price but this isn't a buyers market right now

What??! It's very much a buyer's market!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

scuz posted:

Isn't Frank's contract like, REALLY bad, or am I confusing that with MJ's signing of him in the first place?

He's on a rookie deal.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/961278395685396481

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Can we talk about this more? Giannis takes four steps after half court. I know we talk about him being a gazelle but he's literally actually a gazelle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Once Love comes back (and I think a lot of people are forgetting that he's hurt and not playing) the Cavs will be a bit better than they are now but yeah IT is completely tanking the team it's incredible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Dwight is gonna end up on the Cavs and I will never stop laughing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

I know he's a huge locker room cancer, but wouldn't that be a significant upgrade, defensively, even at 33?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dexo posted:

God willing

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I know he's a huge locker room cancer, but wouldn't that be a significant upgrade, defensively, even at 33?

Dwight has been competent but his defense is mediocre at this point, he mostly just guns for blocks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe Dwight's Cancer will offset IT's Cancer like how all the diseases in Mr. Burns' body couldn't get through the door of his immune system.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WHO SAYS NO?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Is there evidence of a meaningfully higher rate of injury this year?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

DeimosRising posted:

No, and we ask these questions literally every year

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't get Cleveland's hangup over Hill's contract next season. Yeah, paying him $20M next year if LeBron leaves sucks. But it's just that year and the season after he has a super cheap buyout. And he can do a bunch of things now to help you. If you're convinced LeBron is so mad he's walking out the door anyway, then why even be involved with these other trade offers

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

I think its safe to say that more "stars" are getting injured this year, but that is almost entirely random chance, so I'd say no there isn't

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
If KLove gets healthy and IT starts to look good I'm not sure I'd bet against Cleveland going to the finals. LeBron is still the best player on the court in any matchup and it's not even close.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Glumslinger posted:

No, and we ask these questions literally every year

I was almost asking rhetorically but everyone seemed so genuine about higher possessions and more running I thought maybe it was well known and I just missed it. Seems like a normal year to me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/961287454828433408

Also they tried to trade the NYK automatic telephone menu when it said to press 1 for English

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I feel so bad for Isaiah, this season is going to cost him tens of millions of dollars.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I figure there's probably a back n forth with improved conditioning and focus on biomechanics meaning less injuries for players, but that also means more success for players who previously would've had career-ending injuries early on so the numbers always look about the same. We get to see the frailer bodies stay in the league hampered by injury instead of being wheelchair-bound by age 30 like most people over 7 feet

like how humanity is collectively getting worse at seeing, genetics wise, as we've developed a ton of seeing-aids that mean going legally blind no longer messes your life up so bad you'll never have a chance to succeed and gently caress.

maybe if he'd been born 10-30 years later we might be talking about Morteza Mehrzadselakjani as a revolutionary center instead of a champion sitting volleyball player

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/961287454828433408

Also they tried to trade the NYK automatic telephone menu when it said to press 1 for English

What the hell

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

What the hell

zoux posted:

a Frank Isola tweet, the only man who hates the Knicks more than their normal fans do

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
It's pretty bad timing. If RIPstaps had only torn the ACL like two months earlier they could've played Willie way more and got some more assets for him I bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The official Cavs instagram disabled the comments on a post wishing IT a happy birthday.

It’s like they know

• Locked thread