Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sanada will win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Only just catching up, but I really liked the 6 Man with Chaos against Juice, Finlay and Hanare.

Jay White deserves a full apology from everyone who refused to breathe with the Switchblade for doing the impossible and making David Finlay interesting.

Ishii/Henare should be great assuming they're building to a match in the New Japan Cup or something.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

oatgan posted:

sanada will win

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oatgan posted:

sanada will win

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

Jay White deserves a full apology from everyone who refused to breathe with the Switchblade for doing the impossible and making David Finlay interesting.

Ishii/Henare should be great assuming they're building to a match in the New Japan Cup or something.

Stone Pitbull goin' all the way, baby!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CHAOS is still weird to me. So Knife Pervert and Ishii are just heel as gently caress or what?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the knife pervert is very heelish, ishii is acting consistent with his fan favorite character

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The interactions between Makabe and Suzuki have really sold me on their match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

super macho dude posted:

CHAOS is still weird to me. So Knife Pervert and Ishii are just heel as gently caress or what?

Switchblade is literally only a member of CHAOS for backup when he has to fight Bullet Club. He has open disdain for his stablemates and they just team with him because they don't want to disappoint the man who makes it rain money. Once Bullet Club is under Cody control and a complete non-threat, Jay White will just turn on his team like he's been saying he will do form the start.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Switchblade is also agitating against Okada even within the stable. He was trying to get SHO and YOH on his side by asking why Okada wasn't offering them a shot at Ospreay.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can actually see Sanada beating Okada for an out of nowhere switch and that Tag match sold me on it. Sanda's countering Okada's Skullend into a Rainmaker with a Rainmaker was so good. And Okada sold it like it killed him

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/njpwaus/status/961148141125894145

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is that the card that was rumoured to have okada and ishii vs the bucks?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Is that the card that was rumoured to have okada and ishii vs the bucks?

That match has been announced but I think it's for Adelaide.

Is this a sign that Omega is gonna end up with the Tongans backing him? That'd be a surprising but sensible twist.

E:

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 7, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Does anyone care about GoD at all, really? Tama has all the physical ability in the world but the most invested I ever got in a match of his was when he was against loving YTR of all people.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I can actually see Sanada beating Okada for an out of nowhere switch and that Tag match sold me on it. Sanda's countering Okada's Skullend into a Rainmaker with a Rainmaker was so good. And Okada sold it like it killed him
Guys, I think I found Vince Russo's account. :v:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

St Evan Echoes posted:

Does anyone care about GoD at all, really? Tama has all the physical ability in the world but the most invested I ever got in a match of his was when he was against loving YTR of all people.

I like them. They hit hard and cuss.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like Tama had a good match with SANADA in the G1, even if the key spot was obvious (Skull End/Gun Stun/Tongan Twist counters)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tama Tonga is a good midcard guy who stands out with a unique style but will never blow you away. Also he is very handsome and I like when he and his brother say "gently caress."

The Tongans drat well better side with Kenny because Cody is the most recent BC member and he hasn't done jackshit. Fale and Tama are the only OGs left, so I'd hope they side with history.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like Tama had a good match with SANADA in the G1, even if the key spot was obvious (Skull End/Gun Stun/Tongan Twist counters)

The key spot was actually Tama trying and failing to put the Paradise Lock on Sanada

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

St Evan Echoes posted:

The key spot was actually Tama trying and failing to put the Paradise Lock on Sanada

I was cracking up when he was shouting at the ringside crew to get Milano

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

After watching this press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyVBQavd7Q Tama seems like he might not side with either Kenny or Cody and take over Bullet Club himself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

AXS TV—the exclusive U.S. television home for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)—will partner with NJPW and TV ASAHI to broadcast NJPW’s second U.S. event STRONG STYLE EVOLVED live on Sunday, March 25 at 8pE/5pP from California State University Long Beach’s (CSULB) Walter Pyramid.

The cable network’s acclaimed commentary team, Wrestling Hall of Famer Jim Ross and former UFC Heavyweight Champion and NJPW veteran Josh Barnett, will call the live action ringside at STRONG STYLE EVOLVED.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can't wait for JR to mix up which Young Buck and which Roppongi guy is which.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm watchin that on NJPW World again. JR was pretty bad before his wife died(RIP Jan) and sadly he's all over the place now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't even mean he'll confuse Sho with Yoh. I mean he'll confused Sho with Nick and Rocky with Yoh.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Can't wait for JR to mix up which Young Buck and which Roppongi guy is which.
RPG3K is really easy to remember
Sho is the handsome one
Yoh is the really handsome one

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The one whose name starts with an "S" is the one who is not wearing the silver pants.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So what do you all think of this Henare kid? He's got good fire and his moveset of just running into people is pretty fun to watch.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

RPG3K is really easy to remember
Sho is the handsome one
Yoh is the really handsome one

You got em backwards. The other way of remembering them is Sho starts with S and so does suplex. Yoh starts with yo and so does, "Yo did you see that dope suplex my partner did?"

here comes the spunk posted:

So what do you all think of this Henare kid? He's got good fire and his moveset of just running into people is pretty fun to watch.

I really hope he has a nice mini-feud with Ishii that might even have an upset somewhere in the mix.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Also he is very handsome
And now with the little grey in his beard? :swoon:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

You got em backwards.
:wrong:

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

coconono posted:

yeah I'm watchin that on NJPW World again. JR was pretty bad before his wife died(RIP Jan) and sadly he's all over the place now.

I don't think that'll matter, it'll still be JR and Barnett.

For the G1 Special last year, night 1 was aired live on AXS and night 2 was on NJPW World, but the commentators for both nights were JR and Barnett.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thefncrow posted:

I don't think that'll matter, it'll still be JR and Barnett.

For the G1 Special last year, night 1 was aired live on AXS and night 2 was on NJPW World, but the commentators for both nights were JR and Barnett.

If given a choice, I will always go with the local language option. It doesn't feel right otherwise.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/961386661128089601

New Bullet Club member.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

yay necro's joining :dance:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

BURY is no BONE SOLDIER I tell you what

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
When do they announce the NJC brackets?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Finish of the tag match was so great. I can't wait for Saturday. I think I'm gonna stay up for this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cody and The Young Bucks being billed as "The Elite"

https://twitter.com/njpwaus/status/961510345670979584