Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is GSC even still around i thought when stalker 2 was hosed off the floor they closed down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

is GSC even still around i thought when stalker 2 was hosed off the floor they closed down

they did and then they reopened and put out a new cossacks game a year ago

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

they did and then they reopened and put out a new cossacks game a year ago

huh. neat.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Somebody took my fuckin' recycling bin again this morning.

Why would you steal a recycling bin? What could you possibly be doing with that?

someone used to take our garbage bins for a ride when i was a kid and people would bring them back from like miles away dunno what the gently caress

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when the trees in witcher 3 blow in the wind and the branches bend and poo poo it blows my mind because every other game in existence ever doesn't do this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's amazing that CEOs of studios with talent, experience and past successes still decide to invest 5 years of their company's time and resources into the newest gaming gimmick and expect to sell millions with their Clone #15: We Swear It's The Best One Yet. You'd think the industry would get a clue by now but it seems it really refuses to despite the countless flops.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The White Dragon posted:

when the trees in witcher 3 blow in the wind and the branches bend and poo poo it blows my mind because every other game in existence ever doesn't do this

It's cool but it gives me motion sickness to look at for any length of time.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The need to constantly turn a profit to keep your shareholders happy kinda sucks and is unsustainable for most companies, woo capitalism.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am just bracing myself for disappointment when the new retooled Housemarque announces their battle royale game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My twist on the 'Battle Royale' genre is where you pick from the greatest kings and queens of history and the last one standing rules the world. Please paypal me $250,000 for this idea, thank you.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

isn't that the plot of sid meier's civilization

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Cowcaster posted:

isn't that the plot of sid meier's civilization

ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my mistake!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Get this: A Battle Royale game, but it doesn't have guns that can OHKO you from across the map with no chance for you to reasonably react.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A battle royale with souls combat

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
So get this: 100 kirbys glide onto a remote island...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sorry Nintendo is never making a sequel to Air Ride.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if Nintendo does a battle royale it'll be Pikmin and lean way more towards the resource gathering than killing

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm opposed to battle royale games, but I'd be unapposed to a jet set radio battle royale game. Or power stone, for that matter.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In France they call it a battle royale with cheese.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Palpek posted:

It's amazing that CEOs of studios with talent, experience and past successes still decide to invest 5 years of their company's time and resources into the newest gaming gimmick and expect to sell millions with their Clone #15: We Swear It's The Best One Yet. You'd think the industry would get a clue by now but it seems it really refuses to despite the countless flops.

Pretty much anyone with the power to mandate such a decision is in a position where they're near totally insulated from the consequences of failure, and they only answer to a handful of shareholders in any real sense. It's a hell of a lot easier to chase trends constantly in the name of making mega bucks when the worst that can happen to you personally is getting a cushy golden parachute + board seat, and the company can simply shed expensive talent to pick up some new undergrads on the cheap who can be tasked with making some low effort, high returns garbage to recoup revenue.

It's honestly a wonder that decent games get made at all really.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That would get exhausting because you need to do your gestures before/after every duel or people might think you're rude

and no estus!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

but they keep the netcode the same so a guy swings at where you were standing 5 seconds ago three times and then you die

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Get ready for the best sellers of 2020:

- Battle Royale Rhythm Game

- Battle Royale Visual Novel

- Battle Royale Clicker

- Battle Royale Card Game

- Battle Royale Lootbox Opener

- Destiny 3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
battlegrounds 2: the player becomes known

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i was about to say 2020 sounds optimistic for the fad lasting that long but then i remembered minecraft survival game knockoffs are still a dime a dozen so what the hell do i know

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

100 battle royale games are dropped out of an airplane... into a landfill

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what the hell am i going to do with 100 battle royal games

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You could launch them all at once on your computer and see which one crashes last?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I finally finished Bayo 2. What a ride! I'm excited for the non-WiiU-owning Switch owners to get a chance to play this game! :d

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
100 islands are dropped onto a player... can the player survive 100 islands

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

player battling grounds?

unknown

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polyherodice/polyhero-dice-rogue-set

KCB let me back these dumb gimmick dice that look cool and I want them

If I pick any of the colors, it'll probably be the green ones.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna finally start Subnautica today.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd like to begin the presentation for my new educational game for teaching math to children ages 5-8 *PowerPoint slide comes up depicting 100 numbers falling out of airplane*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Starfox Battle Royale

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

Plz don’t kinkshame

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

Starfox Battle Royale

that's just star fox assault

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

this is the premise of like every single NES game though

chumbler posted:

Starfox Battle Royale

nintendo expects people to play it like pubg but instead furries just use it to rp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polyherodice/polyhero-dice-rogue-set

KCB let me back these dumb gimmick dice that look cool and I want them

If I pick any of the colors, it'll probably be the green ones.

I didn't realise there was so much money in dice

• Locked thread