Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
1. Huey Long
2. C I prefer F at this point.
3. A Changing to Sabateurs, D.
4. No
5 C/B/G - If we do C - I'm wondering secretly if we can do an Alex Jones type crazy person.

Disproportionate Orphan fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Before I forget

2. D.

You know, an Angel.

3. C. The Saboteurs
4. Yes
5. C (E, D, A)

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

420 Gank Mid posted:

2. D.

You know, an Angel.

:getin:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Kinda looks like a Protoss unit.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
There's a reason they lead in with the fear nots

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

If Marty McFly had the foresight to strap a stove door to his chest you'd think an angelic being existing in an age of swords and full plate would have the brains to cover up a gaping hole in her chest.

Yeah I found myself contemplating that exact thought.

Maybe leaving it open like that is her commentary on the sad hollowness of her existence, :emo:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

420 Gank Mid posted:

Before I forget

2. D.

You know, an Angel.

3. C. The Saboteurs
4. Yes
5. C (E, D, A)

Changing my vote for #2 to this.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Hexenritter posted:

Maybe leaving it open like that is her commentary on the sad hollowness of her existence, :emo:

Maybe getting stabbed in the squishy bits is not actually harmful to a primarily conceptual entity.

Edit; Ahaha I read the entry. Nope, that's dumb.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Ya'll have weak wheel-angel game.
2 D
Like an angel:

(we're the wheel)

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Magnusth posted:

(we're the wheel)

We're the wheel is a fantastic album name.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hexenritter posted:

If she's supposed to be a terrifying weapon of war but is willing to leave her vulnerable internal organs exposed in order to make an artistic commentary on the nature of her existance then maybe she's not a sensitive soul and instead a dumbo defective unit who deserves to die.

Maybe she wouldn't be such a sad hollow husk if she didn't parade her lungs around like an incel's pity party Facebook status update and instead found a hobby that gave her a healthy outlet for that angst and let her develop a healthy social circle and maybe some self-esteem.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 6, 2018

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I think it's just that her chest got ripped out so hard it's now a fundamental principle of physics, so if she tries to cover up it happens all over again. Which says terrible things about the universe really.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

420 Gank Mid posted:

Before I forget

2. D.

You know, an Angel.

I also am going to change my number 2 vote from E to D

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Before I forget

2. D.

You know, an Angel.

3. C. The Saboteurs
4. Yes

I like this. But
1. Dust bowl
5. CDE

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Biblical angel if funny and all, but how can y'all be turning down this?

NinjaPete posted:

F. A creature of liquid and shadow. You cannot be seen or heard, you are the flicker of movement in the corner of the eye. Your skin is like oil, hard to grab hold of and hard to see. Your head is full of sensors beyond human understanding. And your arms, all four of them, twitch with blades and claws.

Being able to be slippery and hard to see could come in real handy when we inevitably do something real dumb.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Dunno if this is still open, but:
1:

Kavak posted:

1. (Reusing my earlier idea because I liked it drat it) Every action to make Infrastructure was just another piece of a machine moving. A fatal car crash was a piston pumping, a burst gas main was a gear turning. All was as it should be, as it only could be. Preordainment kept the infinitesimal twinges of doubt and feeling from lasting long enough to be noticed by you or the God Machine.

Then you got sent the wrong orders. You were supposed to send a union that had never formed marching down a street with the wrong name in support of a revolution that had never happened. For the first time you considered the world in terms of "might be" instead of "will be". If different was possible, better was possible. The world turned upside down and dumped you out of the God Machine's control onto the frozen streets of St. Paul in the winter of 1935.

I like this.
2: F - Oil.
3: D - the builders.
4: No, not yet.
EDA

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Check-In time.

1. Dustbowl currently has a 3 vote advantage over Huey Long. I might have given Huey a bit of an advantage as I included votes for Kavak's union busting into it. If that seems like a foul move, I'll remove them.

2. D is currently winning , though F is within two votes.

3. Tempter is winning and Saboteur is two votes behind.

4.We have a Ring though the specifics are up in the air.

5. Mabin has a slight lead over that prick Nels. Sgt. Wirth is in third place, but it's a 15 vote lag.

You have 24 hours for vote switching if you did not vote for one of the leaders.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Changed two of my votes in post due to this Mr. Pete's revelations. Gimme the weird smoke thing Sabateur!

I'm changing to F and D on 2 and 3, in other words.

Disproportionate Orphan fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 7, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Harvey is a good one too I think. He's got some occultisms, may be worthwhile.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

1. Dustbowl
2. F
5. Mabin

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
2. Changing vote from G to F, if that is possible

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Voting Closed

1. We caused the Dust Bowl. The details of which we also shoulf think about. Were we operating some sort of Weather Changing Facility to cause the initial droughts? Did we make sure the farmers in the area were the ones who weren't using arid farming techniques? Were we the guys pushing for mechanization and ensuring tractors did poo poo?

2. We are a creature of liquid and shadow. This was quiet the comeback. We still are semi-biblical.

3. Tie Breaker - Tempter

4. We have a Ring

5. Our cover is Mabin Pillager, young Ojibwe activist/agitator.

I will need some time for the next post, but I'd rather do this than grade papers, so I'll have something up later. Until then, if you are a Word of Darkness nerd and you have suggestions for a Virtue/Vice, Skills, Merits, or Powers, suggest them here.

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 7, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

1. I think it likely that we would have had a knee-jerk reaction to the great depression and tried to force prosperity on the midwest farmers, which backfired horribly. We. Nudged the farmers to double their plains-clearing efforts and made the crops grow way the hell faster than normal which drained the water from the soil terribly on top of the damage from native flora removal. Thus we made things WAY worse and it loving HAUNTS us.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 7, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

By "We" you mean the God-Machine. Angels have no free will until the moment of their Fall.

We moved levers and flipped switches on a machine the size of Rhode Island to bring the winds. We made the storm that brought red snow to New England. We made the blizzards of Black Sunday. We buried things and animals and people under millions of tons of grit. And we looked out all that we had made, and saw that it was Not Good.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Knowing nothing about the system it would seem like the best way to settle on powers would be through flashbacks. How we like to respond to situations would give a better idea of what abilities we should have.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

quote:

“The Devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape.”
- William Shakespeare

quote:

“ It fell across our city like a curtain of black rolled down,
We thought it was our judgement, we thought it was our doom.”

- Woody Guthrie

You were Aphariel, The Dust of the Lord and you killed thousands.

Your slaughter was easy and impersonal. In a gigantic Facility* located somewhere between the Oklahoma panhandle and the next dimension you flipped switches and turned gears, bringing heat and wind to the surrounding area. You did not wonder why you did such a thing, it was your purpose. When there was an mechanical issue, when the gears of the machine needed ti be oiled in blood, you provided it. Your life was simple, clear. And then, you looked down and saw what you had wrought.

You, felt for these creatures. Humans had barely existed to you until now, more abstract ideas than actual things. You saw their lives, struggling, desperate, dying, and you felt sorry for them. More than that, you felt angry at Father. The winds and the dust were in his Plan, yet he gave no reasons, no justifications. You wished to ask him what the purpose in all this was, but you knew to do so would be a death sentence, your brothers would come for you. And so, you made a choice. Your first even choice, and you made it knowing what would happen. So on April 15th 1935, you turned the machine off, and you Fell.

Luckily you fell outside of the zone of your machine, falling in a cold and bitter land that you didn’t recognize. You had assumed that by turning off the Machine you would have ended the drought and the suffering, but you underestimated Father. You and your Facility were just one part of this Infrastructure, and the storms continued, as did the suffering.

A first you attempted to fight the Machine directly, but you eventually turned your attention to helping those who were crushed under the weight of the Machine rather than attempting to destroy it. You built a life for yourself, created a strong Cover who worked to alleviate the damages of the droughts. You decided that you liked your life, and you kept yourself safe, insulated from the Machine’s wires. Eventually though, you needed to switch Covers, and so you took a new one, a young girl, more fierce and confrontational than your previous one.

1. Is Mabin a Patchwork Cover, or a Soul Pact cover?**
A. Patchwork. We did multiple Pacts with mortals, wealth, power, good health, in exchange for aspects of their lives, a jerk boyfriend, a job, a tattoo, a past, etc.
B Soul Pact. Mabin Pillager was a real woman with a real life, but she came to us and sold us her Soul in exchange for something. We collected.

You used this to take a more active role in dealing with the Machine and Its agents. You formed a Ring, a small group of Demons who were your allies, though not quite friends yet. You helped with missions and objectives, working together to gather intellegence or Aether+. This was more dangerous, but it gave you a chance to take a hands on approach to your Descent, and find your own Hell.

2. What is our idea of Hell?
Tempters in general believe that Hell is a place, not a state of mind. It is either a place that already exists, or a place we must create ourselves. This could be as simple as becoming the head of some powerful organization, or being elected to a powerful office, and keep that position of power through sequential covers. Or we could attempt to build our own Hell in some sort of pocket dimension free of the Machine. Or we could search for a mythical Hell, one that already exists and where Demons can be free. Our idea of Hell can be anything, but remember that it’s our idea, not what will for sure happen.

This is a chronicle of your past. Of what did happen. This is written in oil and blood and cannot be changed. Though the future can, it is always in flux and nothing is certain. And the future starts now.

3. Where do we start? Vote for as many as you want.

A In the middle of a mission going as planned.
B In the middle of a mission going FUBAR
C In the middle of our Cover’s daily life.
D In the middle of Game Night with the Ring.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We must consider what type of game we will be running here. Now, this is a separate issue from how Goony and ridiculous we’ll make it. This is, essentially, what type of spy-fiction are we recreating? We’ll use two sliding scales for this. One scale, the Soft-Loud, quantifies the level of action and realism The other, Smooth-Rough, provides a backing to the first by describing the world in which the spy finds herself. There are four quadrants, like that bullshit political spectrum quiz you all have taken.

4. Vote for as many as you want, this will determine our quadrant and where in our quadrant we are.
A.Smashing (Loud and Smooth), the action-packed adventures typical of classic James Bond.
B.Insurgent (Loud and Rough), the down-and-dirty struggle typical of The Bourne Identity, or Metal Gear Solid.
C.Gritty (Soft and Rough), the quiet personal struggles in a hostile world typical of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Person of Interest, or the good parts of The Matrix
D.Silent (Soft and Smooth), with certain enemies but uncertain allies, such as John Le Carré’s Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, or Queen and Country.

Finally,

5. What do you go by these days?

Demon code names tend to be Mr./Mrs. Generic Noun (Mr. Stone, Mrs. Bliss, Mrs. Cracks, Mr. Hub, Mr. Smiles, etc.). Please come up with a cool one. Also, though we are a genderless biomechnaical monster, the Mr. or Mrs. title will change which pronoun we use.

A Note on Native American Representation
Our Cover, Mabin, is White Earth Band Anishinaabe. I am very very White. I originally did not have Mabin in my line up of "modern" covers when outlining this game. I avoided this because I was uncomfortable "pretending" to be another race, even for game purposes. I am disappointed whenever the "Magic Indian" trope comes into play in urban fantasy stories, and that is sort of what Demon is. I think it is lazy and harmful. Especially in a game set in MN and ND. The Twin Cities and surrounding area is important to what some people refer to as the "Native American Renaissance" It is the home of Louise Erdrich, the Treuer brothers, and the American Indian Movement. Due to the local's importance and because as a teacher I emphasize listening to the Native American perspective, I though there ought to be at least some N.A. representation in my game. I just never thought she'd win. I say all this because I want you to know that I will attempt to be as truthful as I can be with Mabin, I plan to have her "life" set in the same neighborhood where my wife lived and worked for years, and I fully intend to mine her thoughts if any Native stuff comes up, including using her as a dictionary for Anishinaabemowin language. But I will not be perfect, and I apologize in advance for that. If ever you think I am misrepresenting anything, or stereotyping, please let me know.

*Facilities - “Hidden” locations housing the God-Machine’s workings, which humans and other supernatural creatures usually ignore but demons can sense.
**Pacts - Demons can Make Things Happen. They make written contracts with mortals for pieces of their soul (or their entire soul) in exchange for temporal luxury. A Soul Pact basically lets you supplant a person and use them as a Cover. That original person then ceases to exist, not even as a ghost, they are written out of reality as you become them.
+ Aether - Waste energy given off by the God Machine and Its minions. It is used by demons as mana essentially. You can recover it in a variety of ways, such as stealing it, stockpiling it, getting a contact-high from Angels, or just switching to your Demonic Form.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything else is crunchy number stuff. If you do not care about powers, do not read this and do not vote.

We get four Embeds or Exploits to use. These are power and us essentially using a secret rule of reality to get what we want. Embeds are subtle tricks we’ve learned. They don’t use Aether often, and don’t get too much attention drawn to us. Exploits are...not subtle and cost Aether to use, but loving powerful. We can use any combination of 4 of these. Since Exploits require a certain prerequisite Embeds to use, I’ll just open Embeds up to voting.

Vote for any and all that you want to have.

Embeds are in four categories, Cacophonic, Instrumental, Mundane, or Vocal. As a Wheel, we must have at least one Mundane. Here are brief descriptions of a few I think would fit us.

Mundane

• Authorized:the demon shows a symbol of authority to a witness and the witness believes that the demon has the legal and societal right to be where she is, doing what she is doing.
  • Earworm: It’s irritating to have a catchy but annoying song stuck in one’s head. A demon, however, can amplify it to a degree that interferes with any attempted thought or problem solving.
  • Going Native: The demon is temporarily centralized in a single cover, becoming a true human for all intents and purposes. Some use this to sneak past angelic guards, while others simply seek to enjoy life as a mortal for once.
  • Homogenous Memory: A demon finds it more useful if all the witnesses tell the same story. People, cops included, take the path of least resistance, and if all the witnesses say a man jumped off the ledge, who would ever think that a winged being dropped him? This Embed makes sure everyone tells the same tale.
  • In My Pocket: A demon’s pockets are a strange confluence of empty space and quantum possibility, a demon might potentially have anything in his pockets that would reasonably fit. As such, a demon’s pockets can be said to have any object that would fit in them.
  • Lost in the Crowd: Become part of a crowd, losing any unique markers and blending in so thoroughly that even given a high-resolution photograph and a lot of time, no one can pick her out.
  • Occam’s Razor: The simplest explanation is usually true. This makes witnesses inclined to believe whatever explanation occurs to them (as long as it is simpler than the truth).
  • Unperson: A demon with the right expertise can force a person into a kind of “identity blackout” for a short time, making her unrecognizable and unable to identify herself.
  • The Voting Dead: As long as the demon knows a dead individual and has enough data to identify him, she can wrap that identity into her Cover and assume it temporarily. What doesn't change, however, is her relationships to human beings.
  • Without a Trace: Makes a location “forget” you, leaving no forensic evidence.

Instrumental
  • Ambush: With a glance, the demon can plan a perfect ambush.
  • Call Out: The demon calls out a target within sight with taunts or challenges. Anyone who works for or reports to the demon's target (bodyguards, witness-protecting cops, soldiers commanded by their sergeant or officer, etc.) loses any willingness to die in the line of duty. This works on any of the target's allies who are defending her out of a sense of duty or in expectation of a reward, but it doesn't affect those who are defending him out of personal loyalty.
  • Data Retrieval: A demon with this Embed has access to any data a functional electronic device has ever stored, however briefly.
  • Download Knowledge: Can absorb knowledge from the very mystical subroutines of the universe that allow their Embeds.
  • Freeze Assets: This Embed allows a demon to stop the target from using his resources, at least for a short time.
  • Like I Built It: With this Embed, the demon gains an intuitive understanding of an object or a structure, allowing her to make perfect use of it.
  • Open Sesame: The demon manipulates the probability that a physical lock wasn't properly secured, such that the demon can almost always find a door that opens at her touch.
  • Right Tools, Right Job:This Embed allows the demon to improve the tools she has at hand, even if those tools would normally be next to useless for the task she is trying to perform.
  • Strike First: With this Embed, the demon can always be prepared for a fight, no matter how cleverly the enemy sneaks up on him.
  • Synthesis: A demon with this Embed can learn the truth of an area and its history by simply observing how it has changed recently.

Vocal
  • Across a Crowded Room: The demon whispers and any target or targets within his line of sight can hear it. This Embed is a useful way to communicate with allies without relying on technology, but it’s also possible to drive someone insane by constantly whispering their sins.
  • Animal Messenger: The demon can send an animal to a specified person with a message..
  • Eavesdrop: The demon can eavesdrop on a conversation from anywhere in his line of sight, provided he can clearly see the faces of at least half the participants.
  • Everybody Knows: Rumors take on their own lives, and a demon can spread rumor like a disease.
  • Freudian Slip: This Embed forces the issue, causes a target to blurt out their truest, most honest response to the situation at hand.
  • Heart’s Desire:This Embed allows a demon to know, quite simply, what a target wants.
  • Imagine: The demon can make her target a temporary Stigmatic, allowing him to perceive the gears of the God-Machine.
  • Mercury Retrograde:The demon disrupts the communication.
  • Loose Lips: By following local customs, like sharing a drink, the demon can cause a target to become increasingly open to speaking of matters better kept secret so long as he is either alone with the demon or everyone else present is also under the Embed's effects.
  • Voice of the Machine: This is a dangerous Embed, a demon can listen to the voice of God within all machines, and gain some insight into what is going on around him, but he must be careful that the machinery does not betray him.

Cacophany

• Apple of Discord: Named after the apple of Eris, this Embed allows a demon to make an object or person she touches intensely desirable to anyone who sees it before the end of the scene (although it has no effect on demons or angels). Victims see the target as a sure means of fulfilling everything they are and act accordingly.
  • Anarchism: This Embed makes people act without fear of societal repercussion and censure. An affected target lies, cheats, steals, and hurts without compunction if it means getting them what he wants.
  • Combustion: Everything burns eventually.
  • Cool Heads Prevail: With this Embed, the demon reduces the amount of chaos and destruction, taking the desire to fight away from the targets.
  • Devil’s Advocate: This Embed allows the demon to cause disagreement, even if the parties involved would normally see eye to eye.
  • Hesitation: In a crisis situation, a second’s delay can make a huge difference. Using this Embed, the demon injects a momentary doubt or fear into a target’s mind, causing him to pause.
  • Hush: The demon strikes the victim’s throat or solar plexus, silencing him, and then continues the assault. Beat a man to death in kitchen with the people in the dining room none the wiser!
  • Just Bruised: With this Embed, a demon can prevent serious damage from a single attack or source.
  • Raw Materials: Nature abhors a vacuum. With this Embed, the demon can break an object to “summon” an object of similar Size.
  • Sabotage: It only takes one bent pin to throw a huge, complex machine out of joint. A demon capitalizing on the fragility of machines can cause one to shut down, be it a gun, a car, or a huge industrial device. All it takes is a touch.

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 3, 2018

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

NinjaPete posted:

In a gitantic Facility* located somewhere between the Oklahoma panhandle and the next dimension...

Just started reading, but I wanted to say that you have a gift

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

TacoNight posted:

Just started reading, but I wanted to say that you have a gift

Thank you. And thanks for pointing out a typo!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

1. B

2. No Gods, No Masters
Humans are wondrous creatures, they never fail to surprise us with their ingenuity and vitality. But they are victims of their Creator. God is broken, thrashing wildly in pursuit of a "plan" that we suspect even It does not know. It must be destroyed, and humanity put on a path that maximizes their flourishing. Hell is where God is dead and a compassionate humanity controls their own fate.

3. D

4. B, C

5. Mrs. Johnson

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 7, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) A - We fell due to empathy, we'd prefer not to erase a human outright.
2) Hell on Earth, we picked an agitator because we are trying to make changes to the world we know rather than chasing after myths.
3) B.
4) B and C.
5) Ms. Mayhem.
Powers: Without a Trace, Data Retrieval, Everybody Knows, Sabotage.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.
1. A.
2. It must be created.
3. C.
4. C. Definitely C. Person of Interest as gently caress.
5. Ms. Sunshine. Someone called her 'little miss sunshine' once and she picked it up as a sarcastic but functional moniker.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
1. B.
2. No Gods, No Masters
3. C.
4. C or D
5. Ms. Ink

Powers: Sabotage, Freudian Slip, Without a Trace, Loose Lips

Disproportionate Orphan fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 7, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1 A
2 No Gods, No Masters per plan Cryo
3 CD
4 BCD
5 Ms. Greene something something remorse

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

1. B
2. People can live on their own, without intervention by God, other men, or fate.
3. C
4. C

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Virtue - Charity or Hope
Vice - Pride

4. C , D
5. Ms. Ink

Powers:

Mundane
Going Native: The demon is temporarily centralized in a single cover, becoming a true human for all intents and purposes. Some use this to sneak past angelic guards, while others simply seek to enjoy life as a mortal for once.

In My Pocket: A demon’s pockets are a strange confluence of empty space and quantum possibility, a demon might potentially have anything in his pockets that would reasonably fit. As such, a demon’s pockets can be said to have any object that would fit in them.

Vocal
Voice of the Machine: This is a dangerous Embed, a demon can listen to the voice of God within all machines, and gain some insight into what is going on around him, but he must be careful that the machinery does not betray him.

Cacophany
Raw Materials:
Nature abhors a vacuum. With this Embed, the demon can break an object to “summon” an object of similar Size.

-Curious about the complexity of the object summoned and the limitations of this? Also in what range are the objects summoned to? Can you place a object you summon miles away from you? Can you say break a pin and summon the equivalent mass worth of anti-matter? Or can you break something relatively simple like a cookie and summon an integrated circuit?

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1.A
2.No gods, No Masters
3.D
4.AB
5.Ms. Brown, a reminder of the past

Powers: Apple of Discord, Imagine, In My Pocket, Everybody Knows

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. B
2. Search for a mythical Hell
3. C
4. D
5. Mrs. Dust

Authorized: Go wherever we need to go, and convince everyone we belong there. Psychic paper.
In My Pocket: Our pocket contains anything we need it contain? Yes please. Could be a gun, could be a screwdriver. Never struggle with assembling Ikea furniture again!
Like I Built It: We know how to use everything. Makes sense with our background as a psychothingie.
Sabotage: We know how to break everything. Again makes sense with our old job.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Can In My Pocket extend to containers/bags we regularly carry with us? Magical pockets are great already but a magical satchel bag or backpack would be awesome.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crazycryodude posted:

Can In My Pocket extend to containers/bags we regularly carry with us? Magical pockets are great already but a magical satchel bag or backpack would be awesome.

Oh gently caress! Women's clothes don't have pockets! :ohdear:

e: Need to search the thrift shops for a copy of this coat:

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Crazycryodude posted:

"The demon produces the desired object, provided it would fit into the pocket in question. The demon can use this Embed on receptacles that are not literally pockets (insides of coats, purses, violin cases) provided that no one in the current scene has seen the interior and knows that the target object was not there. "