Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

A mural of the most famous dudes with side action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think part of the reason people ship Lebron and the Lakers is they know Lebron can bully the Lakers into getting rid of all their young players.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Let's trade Hernangomez for two second round picks that have a very small chance of turning out to be as good as Hernangomez. :derp:

This is the equivalent of selling your car and spending every dollar on raffle tickets for a small chance to win back your car.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What's more frustrating, the 00s knicks with Allan Houston and Starbury, or the 10s Melo knicks?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Also Willy is one of Kristaps best friends on the team. The other one they released. Way to make your young Superstar happy guys.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Rick posted:

Also E.O., I survived Dwight, I know you can as well.

This gives me hope (also hope things are going ok with you in general)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

He's a DS (Dwight Survivor) so he's twitchy and missing hair but he's more or less intact.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What's more frustrating, the 00s knicks with Allan Houston and Starbury, or the 10s Melo knicks?

These recent Knicks, easily.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

never forget that the Knicks were good for the 3 months after they got Amare'e and before they traded for Melo who was planning on signing there anyway.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Man you know what was cool to watch? Healthy Amare

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

RCarr posted:

Let's trade Hernangomez for two second round picks that have a very small chance of turning out to be as good as Hernangomez. :derp:

This is the equivalent of selling your car and spending every dollar on raffle tickets for a small chance to win back your car.

I hate myself for referencing this show, but:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In total, the Sixers’ starting lineup is outscoring opponents by 16.1 points per 100 possessions. Of the five-man units who have logged over 200 minutes together, that ranks fourth per NBA.com.

Team needs some bench dudes and they are there

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No worries, the knicks have, veteran big man joakim noah to slot right in

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Brolander posted:

They are going okay, really dull and bland which works for a while anyway.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lou's deal actually isn't that bad

https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/961338870469156865

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's the less than the mid level exception value

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/TEastNBA/status/961343057995223045

that's the good poo poo right there

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's a DS (Dwight Survivor) so he's twitchy and missing hair but he's more or less intact.

He's also got ptsd and easily triggered by loud farts, but otherwise he's a productive member of society

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Its an insane deal, it would have been the right contract before the cap spike, he probably left a lot of money on the table to stay in LA

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/961339970077118464

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

RCarr posted:

These recent Knicks, easily.

I liked the year the recentish Melo Knicks were hyped as a contender since they were like the 11 Mavs with Tyson Chandler, JR Smith in the Terry role, and Melo as Dirk. (and an even older Jason Kidd as old Jason Kidd.) The Knicks were such a fun team before the Melo trade. We all know they were a ticking time bomb due to Amar'e's knees but they were still cool.

RCarr posted:

They should have at least tried to get Nerlens Noel and a 2nd round pick. That guy is taking forever to comeback from his thumb surgery.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noel seems close to being out of the league due to personality issues

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I hope Rachel Nichols can remove her limpet foot from Lebron's rear end for long enough to have a showdown with Katie "Fahkin" Nolan

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

They should have at least tried to get Nerlens Noel and a 2nd round pick. That guy is taking forever to comeback from his thumb surgery.

That name sounds either foriegn or maybe familiar with some foreign languages. Best not risk it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Noel seems close to being out of the league due to personality issues

It's such an amazing waste of talent.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You get traded for Justin Anderson and Justin Anderson is more valuable .

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/961315877147807744

Kyle Kuzma is a good player, even if he is hitting the rookie wall

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I've been impressed with Josh Hart even tho he's like 30

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I like Hart/Kuzma but I do wonder if the Lakers might have been better off having just one of them and keeping Lou. I mean he was never going to run the offense and going to always bully the youngest players on the team but it would've been a lot more stable bench production instead of "well sometimes they get bench production."

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't appreciate this Rachel Nichols slander

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Noctone posted:

I hate myself for referencing this show, but:

Every now and again Family Guy hits on something smart/funny/astute. That's one of them. And IIRC that was early-ish in the show's run because I actually remember it and I stopped watching YEARS ago.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
The Raptor's bench played hard last night even in garbage time

https://streamable.com/pftw9

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The Glumslinger posted:

Its an insane deal, it would have been the right contract before the cap spike, he probably left a lot of money on the table to stay in LA

At least he gets a guarantee that the Clippers definitely won't trade him anywhere as soon as it is expedient to do so

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

NateRob back in the NBA (celebrity game)!

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Got a feeling that the Warriors are gonna lose to OKC or Rockets. Seems like teams have figured them out now.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Here's a question I'd love to see answered:

Which NBA athletes pay more in taxes than the owners they play for?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jerry West leaves the warriors, warriors instantly sign the worst contracts on the team for bad players they should've let go

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Got a feeling that the Warriors are gonna lose to OKC or Rockets. Seems like teams have figured them out now.

They may lose in the playoffs (not likely), but I'd hardly say teams have "figured them out" when they're not even trying super hard and still easily have the best record in the league. Their thing is that usually the 4 best players in a game wear a Warriors jersey - everyone figured that out a few years ago, and it doesn't really matter. Talent wins in the NBA, and they've got the most of it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Every NBA player pays higher % taxes most likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E2M2 posted:

It's more the warriors aren't taking care of the ball and not giving their full effort than being figured out. It's all depends if the warriors can flip the switch come playoff time.

Also has iggy regressed? He didn't look like iggy of the past few years last night

• Locked thread