Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That was also the Brooklyn match (Asuka defending)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Was that supposed to reference this?

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/961330673754820609

Or is something else dropping?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Vince McMahon spent 45 minutes slow jacking it. Cool.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Odd pic to use if they wanted the story to be taken seriously

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/SliceWrestling/status/960981960821760000

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

mkay0 posted:

Odd pic to use if they wanted the story to be taken seriously
It's Deadspin; using whacky pics is their MO

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Pushed Guys Gettin Pushed"

Someone get the raisin bran to go with these scoops

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm relatively certain the only two people Asuka has shown respect to are Bayley and Ember Moon.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I'm relatively certain the only two people Asuka has shown respect to are Bayley and Ember Moon.

And the respect for Ember Moon only lasted until the Royal Rumble, where she started laughing at Ember's misfortune (of having a hurt arm, and then eliminating Ember and laughing/showboating more)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

And the respect for Ember Moon only lasted until the Royal Rumble, where she started laughing at Ember's misfortune (of having a hurt arm, and then eliminating Ember and laughing/showboating more)

I saw that as affectionate mocking, and then throttling.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wow what a scoop, almost like they've already interacted on screen with The Usos multiple times already

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

I saw that as affectionate mocking, and then throttling.

I can provide accurate translation of Asuka's mocking in the Rumble: "Awwwww, you godda huwt awm widdle giwl? Pooooow baby.... "

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You guys should give this a read if you haven't yet because it's incredibly bizarre an angle involving Trish and Mickie was supposedly written based on the allegations against Vince

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's already been brought up, but is this site seriously trying to sell it as "news" that the Bludgeon Brothers, who have spent the last two weeks involved in segments with the Usos, are going to be having a match against the Usos?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jerusalem posted:

It's already been brought up, but is this site seriously trying to sell it as "news" that the Bludgeon Brothers, who have spent the last two weeks involved in segments with the Usos, are going to be having a match against the Usos?

Also, not a site, just a Twitter account which Likes To Post Things In Title Case Because Of Reasons.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So I'm meant to believe Bryan is turning heel because he's living vicariously through the yep movement, despite him telling Owens and zayn that they don't understand the yep movement about a month ago.

I miss smackdown being the a show

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Jerusalem Please Post Next Week's WWE Discussion Thread In Title Case, Thanks In Advance.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Sooooo... Why doesn't WWE just film 205 Live after Smackdown?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jack Anderson posted:

Sooooo... Why doesn't WWE just film 205 Live after Smackdown?

Uh, they do

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

St Evan Echoes posted:

That was also the Brooklyn match (Asuka defending)

Isn't Bayley like the only person to not have gone down to an Asuka kick or tapped out of the Asuka Lock, instead passing out and forcing a ref stoppage?

I think that's supposed to be the source of the respect.

That also reminds me of how Kevin Owens won the NXT title by Sami whacking his head on the ramp during a flip to the outside, and Owens just powerbombing him again and again until the referee went :gonk: and ended the match while the crowd got increasingly :stare: at what was happening the whole time. And Owens just celebrating with the title like he's Wrestlemania XII Shawn Michaels while a dozen paramedics are swarming Sami.

Man, that was good storytelling.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

Random thought: Was Asuka's handshake with Bayley the first time she's done the "I respect you" thing instead of being a total dick to someone after winning? I can only remember her teasing one and then dancing away, or just straight up mocking her opponents. Even with Rousey she just slapped her hand away.

Bayley is a special ed wrestler

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Uh, they do

Associated question, why the hell don't they tape the show and air it before or after NXT on Wednesday instead? :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Isn't Bayley like the only person to not have gone down to an Asuka kick or tapped out of the Asuka Lock, instead passing out and forcing a ref stoppage?

That also reminds me of how Kevin Owens won the NXT title by Sami whacking his head on the ramp during a flip to the outside, and Owens just powerbombing him again and again until the referee went :gonk: and ended the match while the crowd got increasingly :stare: at what was happening the whole time. And Owens just celebrating with the title like he's Wrestlemania XII Shawn Michaels while a dozen paramedics are swarming Sami.

Bayley passed out in the Asuka Lock the first time. In the rematch, she got the ropes on the Asuka Lock before eating many kicks and getting pinned. She is, to my understanding, the only person to never tap to the Asuka Lock.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

Meanwhile Minoru Suzuki shakes his head in disgust at her.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Yeah I really prefer it when the guy who kicks too much rear end is rewarded rather than penalized. It's a great way to get over the winner as a violent menace and the loser as someone who just won't quit. I guess it was actually used with Braun/Kane LMS recently where the ref didn't even count to 10, because Braun had dumped the entire announcer platform on Kane and uuuuh we need some help out here.

Admittedly in WWE proper it's usually that a "DQ for kicking too much rear end" involves ignoring a 5-count, but too often they use a temporary ref stoppage (ref pause?) to invoke a gently caress finish or flash pin or whatever. More heels and certain badass faces should go 'gently caress that, I'll beat his rear end until you call the match' instead of waiting patiently for the ref to inevitably decide things can continue.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I often wonder how much better 205 Live would be if they taped it before smackdown instead of after. Maybe still tape it after if they're on the west coast

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dromal phrenia posted:

More heels and certain badass faces should go 'gently caress that, I'll beat his rear end until you call the match' instead of waiting patiently for the ref to inevitably decide things can continue.

Owens/Sami in nxt was a good example of this

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I often wonder how much better 205 Live would be if they taped it before smackdown instead of after. Maybe still tape it after if they're on the west coast

Wouldn't the crowd then be dead(er) at the end of crackdown instead

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

Yeah I really prefer it when the guy who kicks too much rear end is rewarded rather than penalized. It's a great way to get over the winner as a violent menace and the loser as someone who just won't quit. I guess it was actually used with Braun/Kane LMS recently where the ref didn't even count to 10, because Braun had dumped the entire announcer platform on Kane and uuuuh we need some help out here.

Admittedly in WWE proper it's usually that a "DQ for kicking too much rear end" involves ignoring a 5-count, but too often they use a temporary ref stoppage (ref pause?) to invoke a gently caress finish or flash pin or whatever. More heels and certain badass faces should go 'gently caress that, I'll beat his rear end until you call the match' instead of waiting patiently for the ref to inevitably decide things can continue.

As noted in my invoking of Suzuki's name, it also prevents them from doing cool finishes like Suzuki torturing Tanahashi.
I suspect it's because Vince is the kind of wannabe toughguy that assumes he could really hold on in an armbar and not tap out, so anyone who does give up in a fight is a pussy who should be laughed at and humiliated.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He's right

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Namtab posted:

Wouldn't the crowd then be dead(er) at the end of crackdown instead

Not if Smackdown is good. The issue with 205 Live as is is that the crowd doesn't see anyone on the show as a star. Because of that they don't know the guys so can't pop for false finishes based on their big spots. But the lack of reaction is a self-fulfilling prophecy, because if you see these guys wrestling to silence, it makes it harder to see them as important. At least if you do it early in the show, more people will be there and you might be able to pop them with a dive or flip.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

They used to air main event live on the network before smackdown tapings. I don't know if it would somehow be harder to do that now that smackdown is also live, but MAN would it help 205 if they put it in front of a crowd that wasn't already tired.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Namtab posted:

He's right

Angela Magana account located.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Associated question, why the hell don't they tape the show and air it before or after NXT on Wednesday instead? :mad:

I wish they would do this. NXT and the CWC was such a good combo. 2 hours of wrestling in one night is great. I don't want to watch Smackdown and then 205, plus with an NXT leadin you already have eyes on the network. It just seems so simple.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Then it wouldn't be Live and that would just cause brand confusion.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

bradzilla posted:

Uh, they do

Whoops! I meant before!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Then it wouldn't be Live and that would just cause brand confusion.

If we broadcast it live in Birmingham but on tape delay everywhere else, it'll be okay.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Is Cena/Taker still a plan that's happening?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Gaz-L posted:

As noted in my invoking of Suzuki's name, it also prevents them from doing cool finishes like Suzuki torturing Tanahashi.
I suspect it's because Vince is the kind of wannabe toughguy that assumes he could really hold on in an armbar and not tap out, so anyone who does give up in a fight is a pussy who should be laughed at and humiliated.

I think it's more that You Tapped Out became a thing, I don't remember a top face tapping since that happened to HHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Submissions just flat out don't work on top guys in WWE. The second we all knew Jinder was hosed is when he tapped out to the Calf Crusher.

• Locked thread