Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fool's gold...... folk's i'm talking about money from kickstarter backers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also works for bitcoin

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in other videogame news i powered through ruiner last night and while i wouldn't say it was bad, it was mediocre, which is a type of bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't realise there was so much money in dice

This chart isn't about dice specifically but it's still pretty neat.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ThomasBidaux/20180201/314124/Kickstarter_and_games_in_2017.php

But yeah, dice are cool. I like dice. I used to collect them but I left my collection back at my mother's house. I'd like to get back into collecting them again because there are a lot of weird and dumb and silly dice and I think a lot of them just look neat, even the ones that are so stupid that they don't necessarily even function as dice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
ok but how much of that money went to like one Star Commander or whatever it is sized table top game meant to be played in a county in Idaho they're going to buy with KS money?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

ok but how much of that money went to like one Star Commander or whatever it is sized table top game meant to be played in a county in Idaho they're going to buy with KS money?

Not as much as you would think. The thing with board games is that printing even a couple hundred copies is prohibitively expensive so Kickstarter was embraced as a way to reprint games that haven't been on a shelf in 10+ years, in addition to the quarterly CMON pile of plastic or anime titty monster tactical game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm off to launch the monmusu 40k kickstarter.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
ok then im about to double that graph for next year then

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

This chart isn't about dice specifically but it's still pretty neat.

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ThomasBidaux/20180201/314124/Kickstarter_and_games_in_2017.php

But yeah, dice are cool. I like dice. I used to collect them but I left my collection back at my mother's house. I'd like to get back into collecting them again because there are a lot of weird and dumb and silly dice and I think a lot of them just look neat, even the ones that are so stupid that they don't necessarily even function as dice.

Compared to live games and mobile games and tabletop games and video games, what are games?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Dice are cool but I don't play RPGs and I can't really be bothered to drive 45min to a board game meetup anymore

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have a friend who works for Google who I am reasonably certain has backed every board game and tabletop rpg kickstarter out there

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

Have a cringe inducing trailer narrated by a person who is way too excited about your CGI concept models and you'll break $5 million in a day.

Looper posted:

Compared to live games and mobile games and tabletop games and video games, what are games?

I think physical doodads that aren't electronic so like ball-in-a-cup and lawn darts, poo poo like that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't realise there was so much money in dice

Tabletop Gaming is a huge money sink, check out the people who play Warhammer40k.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I have a friend who works for Google who I am reasonably certain has backed every board game and tabletop rpg kickstarter out there
hope you're looking forward to getting roped into a kingdom death monster campaign by them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

hope you're looking forward to getting roped into a kingdom death monster campaign by them

Her RPG campaign tastes are like the most vanilla possible. I have no idea why she even owns a copy of Monster Hearts because mere exposure to it should cause her to shrivel up and die

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cowcaster posted:

in other videogame news i powered through ruiner last night and while i wouldn't say it was bad, it was mediocre, which is a type of bad

It was my most disappointing game last year which is a shame because I was really hyped for it.

In fact the two games I was most hyped for (Ruiner and wolf 2) ended up being my biggest disappointments. Never have expectations

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I bought X-Com 2 with all of the DLC. RIP me forever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Please put the thread posters in your game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nachos posted:

It was my most disappointing game last year which is a shame because I was really hyped for it.

In fact the two games I was most hyped for (Ruiner and wolf 2) ended up being my biggest disappointments. Never have expectations

there's a lot of things about it i feel like are evidence that the team either had a much bigger vision for what they wanted the game to be but just didn't have enough manpower to achieve it, or hint at the project not having a cohesive and planned direction so they had to scrape the bunch of disparate ideas together and call it a game, but the margin of this post is too small for my essay to fit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Please put the thread posters in your game

Yes, that is the idea.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would like to go to war and die in XCOM. My resume is that I also died in Lizard Wizard's XCOM and another chat thread poster's XCOM (I don't remember who though sorry). I'm really good at dying.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

I'm 200% sure there is already a monstergirl wargaming crowdfunded board game.

fake edit:

ehhhh

close enough

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just beat my first B-Side in Celeste and I feel very powerful IRL

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've been getting my first X-Com experience through watching a friend's playthrough of War of the Chosen and this game totally rules and I could never play it in my loving life.

i wanna be a templar or a ranger

al-azad
May 28, 2009

After failing on Fig it looks like Swery is going to try again on Kickstarter. I feel like he’ll succeed on the larger platform.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yes please, give me all the cats

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Spent 4 hours playing Subnautica. Game is basically a dream for me. The ocean is really loving cool

Wish I could play more but I have actual responsibilities and work to do :negative:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

al-azad posted:

After failing on Fig it looks like Swery is going to try again on Kickstarter. I feel like he’ll succeed on the larger platform.

Hell yeah. That game looked really cool and I was hoping they'd have another shot at selling it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was starting to think RE0 was starting to drag and then I saw one screen the factory room from RE2 from where you fight the G virus tyrant on top of a train and I'm immediately back in. I hope billy is ok wherever he is....

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm gonna come out and say it: I don't like the fourth Colossus in SotC. The Hobbit hole bullshit is a great idea but getting him to look in there is way more annoying than it should be.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
not every boss in even a great game can be a winner. i mean look at the fish from the water temple in majora's mask

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

I'm gonna come out and say it: I don't like the fourth Colossus in SotC. The Hobbit hole bullshit is a great idea but getting him to look in there is way more annoying than it should be.

It didn't take me too long. I think shooting him a few times helps it along.

I am not be far but man am I finding this easy. I'm not sure if I've gotten better, they made the game easier or if playing on normal is easier than the original game but the epicness of these is under it by how easily I've been taking them down with only some RNG getting in the way

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The White Dragon posted:

not every boss in even a great game can be a winner. i mean look at the fish from the water temple in majora's mask

I haven't played SOTC since it first came out in like what... 2005? I never got past the boss with the geysers. It killed my motivation to keep going. The remaster looks like it's very pretty tho

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

It didn't take me too long. I think shooting him a few times helps it along.

I am not be far but man am I finding this easy. I'm not sure if I've gotten better, they made the game easier or if playing on normal is easier than the original game but the epicness of these is under it by how easily I've been taking them down with only some RNG getting in the way
I remember the Colossi feeling shakier on the PS3 than the PS2. This PS4 version seems closer to what I remember the PS2 release being like in that department, and therefore a little easier.

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah that boss isn't great, but the strength in Majora's Mask is from the sidequests anyways IMO. I feel like SotC suffers more from having a few bad boss fights given that there's not a whole lot else you'll be doing.

Macaluso posted:

I haven't played SOTC since it first came out in like what... 2005? I never got past the boss with the geysers. It killed my motivation to keep going. The remaster looks like it's very pretty tho
Yeah that's another one where baiting him into doing what you need him to do is just kind of annoying, though I haven't gotten to him in this playthrough.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes please, give me all the cats

Gay cat best cat, though east cat looks chill as gently caress

Internet Kraken posted:

Spent 4 hours playing Subnautica. Game is basically a dream for me. The ocean is really loving cool

Wish I could play more but I have actual responsibilities and work to do :negative:

I really want to play it, but l I have a thing about huge things in the ocean :goonsay:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I really want to play it, but l I have a thing about huge things in the ocean :goonsay:

Maybe someone can make you mod that replaces them with bears.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the fourth colossus is cool cause it's a big horse spider and I like the idea of wondering what all those bunkers were even for

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Expect My Mom posted:

the fourth colossus is cool cause it's a big horse spider and I like the idea of wondering what all those bunkers were even for

Every inch of that game creates so many questions. I need to replay it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, I forgot how dope the fifth Colossus is. Too bad it goes down so fast and gets overshadowed by the later flying one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife signed off on getting a PS3 for Yakuza 3-5 after finishing Kiwami 2 when it drops so I'm incredibly excited to have a MGS2-4 machine again in my near future

• Locked thread