Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rose is moving like he's wearing ankle weights.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm curious about your intuition, are any of you guys convinced the Cavs have flaws serious enough to hamper their playoff performance, or is this just another LeBron boredom slump to you?

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I know we say this every year, but this time it seems genuinely worse.

Flashing the Zogo Signal (or, "Zignal") to back this claim up with some advanced wizardry.

The Cavaliers are ranked #29 in DRtg right now. If the Cavaliers D doesn't improve and they make the finals they'll have by far the worst D to reach the finals. The 1951 Knicks had the 9th DRtg in a league of 11 and I think that's the worst D team to reach the finals.

Induced two injuries in the same game and also did this. If NBA fines made sense then he'd be hit with a $10,000,000 fine. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi friends

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/961363718553583616

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

code:
Player		 Tm	PTS/36	TRB/36	AST/36	Season
Andre Drummond	 DET	16.3	16.7	4.2	2017-18
Wilt Chamberlain PHI	18.7	18.3	6.6	1967-68
Wilt Chamberlain PHI	19.1	19.1	6.2	1966-67
Elgin Baylor	 LAL	29.2	16.6	4.3	1960-61
Maurice Stokes	 ROC	17.4	17	5.1	1955-56

Dejan Bimble posted:

I wonder if there's some kind of REASON that Kawhi didn't join EVERY OTHER NBA PLAYER in letting his hair out! The Spurs know stanley just needs some braids or some clippers. drat it! You can only get players to subscribe to hair theory if there's a team dinner every night with obscure wine lists.

Watch the TS% soar when Nair is clandestinely put into all NBA player shampoo bottles.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I mean it's not the worst idea. Players often just need a change of scenery. Tho i might be biased because I want to see a bunch of summer of 16 free agents get traded for each other.

The best percentage is basically 80% continuity from the previous year. Then 20% new players added to the team.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

Every NBA player pays higher % taxes most likely

well that's a given--you can tell who's powerful and connected by looking at their tax rate, and athletes get hosed compared to most other highly wealthy sorts. The jock tax is sorta nuts.

but I was thinking more like, in total, not as a percent. I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron pays more back to the states than some of the people who own teams

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I see. Sounds like he couldn't stay in the condom.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

I wonder if there's some kind of REASON that Kawhi didn't join EVERY OTHER NBA PLAYER in letting his hair out! The Spurs know stanley just needs some braids or some clippers. drat it! You can only get players to subscribe to hair theory if there's a team dinner every night with obscure wine lists.

i'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are currently two Knicks with Iverson-style braids under headband, although it's hard to see it as anything but a direct shot at Melo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The one time his shot makes it in the hole

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The one time his shot makes it in the hole

God dammit this joke was better.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This is really sweet:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/961375201073225732

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

Here's a question I'd love to see answered:

Which NBA athletes pay more in taxes than the owners they play for?

Anybody with a max contract I'd guess. Athletes are unique in that they make money through absurdly high declared salaries and endorsement deals, so they can't hide their money as much. Billionaire CEOs have probably have lower salaries and make their money through assets that are way easier to wrangle taxes on.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

i'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are currently two Knicks with Iverson-style braids under headband, although it's hard to see it as anything but a direct shot at Melo

Very interesting. I wish them well and i hope their barbers regularly let their braids out so they don't get traction balding

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

That's pretty good if they didn't like any of the offers this season. Just flip him next year or whatever.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

this trade deadline sucks

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

like who decided that all the good players should get injured instead of getting traded

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

You get traded for Justin Anderson and Justin Anderson is more valuable .

lol, I miss Simba.

Metapod posted:

It's more the warriors aren't taking care of the ball and not giving their full effort than being figured out. It's all depends if the warriors can flip the switch come playoff time.

Also has iggy regressed? He didn't look like iggy of the past few years last night

He doesn't look like the Iggy that won Finals MVP after letting LeBron average about 40 ppg*.

*In games where LeBron didn't crack his head open.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

this trade deadline sucks

agreed. Where are the cool trades?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It was dumb to move it before the ASB, because GMs used to always hang out and get drunk together, and that let to a lot trade discussions.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

It was dumb to move it before the ASB, because GMs used to always hang out and get drunk together, and that let to a lot trade discussions.

i like to pretend all the GMs are in one slack channel and just shoot the poo poo and occasionally slide some deals into a dm

A bot posts /giphy jordan crying once a day and danny ainge is banned

edit: not banned for fleecing everyone but because he won't shut up about Rozier

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

like who decided that all the good players should get injured instead of getting traded

Started 5 mins into the dang season and hasn't let up!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

simbas 3 looks good this year

He's def a bench wing.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Every NBA player pays higher % taxes most likely

Yeah they're straight up paying taxes on salary wherever the play which can add pro athlete taxes on top of city state federal. Owners are making their money through capital gains and are taxed at a lower level to begin with, and they have a million ways of obfuscating. The owners are so rich that even those lower numbers might match most max contract players. It's an interesting question

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Where the gently caress are my woj bombs at?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All the star movement happened in the offseason

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Without any tax returns its hard to tell. The absurdly rich still pay absurd amounts of tax overall, but the % vs gained net worth is probably way lower than most players due how wealth is taxed + the additional athlete taxes that exist.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Blake Griffin was traded recently, you short spanned millennials

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cutch's paycheck was posted a few years ago

I think it was like 48% tax

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Tae posted:

I'm actually 6'4''

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I need constant trades and roster moves bc I have an addiction and while i'm concerned I have no desire in getting help

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

i like to pretend all the GMs are in one slack channel and just shoot the poo poo and occasionally slide some deals into a dm

A bot posts /giphy jordan crying once a day and danny ainge is banned

edit: not banned for fleecing everyone but because he won't shut up about Rozier

Also you have to ask publicly before you're allowed to PM someone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

Just because you're a generation Y A.I. doesn't mean you get to bully your elders.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gonna be bummed if the bulls make a move on rolo even though it would be cool if his last act as a bull was to completely freak the gently caress out and throw chairs

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

gonna be bummed if the bulls make a move on rolo even though it would be cool if his last act as a bull was to completely freak the gently caress out and throw chairs

The only way to squash the mascot beef is for him to play on every team and personally take the time to get to know all the mascots. They're good people, he just needs time to see it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Spencer Dinwiddie is gonna be on Rachel Ray tomorrow. I assume she has a show

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Papercut posted:

Also you have to ask publicly before you're allowed to PM someone.

They really should make a tinder for nba trades.

"Isaiah Thomas

If you can't deal with me at my worst

you don't deserve me at my best"

Dan Gilbert swipes left... Or right, I've never used tinder...

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

what did i miss

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

EvanTH posted:

what did i miss

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Thibs would never have put up with this poo poo

-Asik

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

They really should make a tinder for nba trades.

"Isaiah Thomas

If you can't deal with me at my worst

you don't deserve me at my best"

Dan Gilbert swipes left... Or right, I've never used tinder...

Left is dislike, right is like. Hence the Hawks’ Swipe Right Night.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

He keeps releasing too low, AIM HIGHER LONZO

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

I wonder if she has sufficient length, height and breeding hips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Drummond went off for 17 points and 27 boards tonight.

He is a demon of some kind this season.

• Locked thread