Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

looks like the #19 is already done up in Demelo's sponsors color, although Fittipaldi is in the car today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/stephenVking/status/960631556195852288

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lots of perty pictures if you didn't get enough of my chain postin' em today:

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/147218-sonoma-indycar-testing-gallery

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Looks a bit better in the flesh

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cygni posted:

It looks good.

It's not blue and white.

It's a winner to me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

A major national blue-chip has the money to sponsor the entire car. This is only a good thing.

And I know we’re all saying it but holy hell, this new 2018 body kit looks exactly like we’d want it to.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

drat they really fuckin' accelerate without all that aero. Definitely more work with the hands now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq5fl1HckIk

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That livery is boring as hell which is perfect for Dixon

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Blue and orange is just about my favorite color combination, but they look so much better when one color dominates and the other is used as an accent color, like the old MCI car or even the McLarens.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Good news for everyone that isn't attending the Phoenix test this weekend

IndyCar posted:

Verizon IndyCar Series fans are itching to see the full field going wheel to wheel with the new-look cars in 2018.

They’ll get that chance this week, with INDYCAR offering an enhanced live video stream of the two-day open test Friday and Saturday at ISM Raceway near Phoenix. All four sessions will be streamed live and include live commentary and pit-lane interviews with drivers and team officials. The stream will be available at racecontrol.indycar.com and includes live timing and scoring.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah a bank and Dixon are basically a perfect match

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

They both provide historically low interest rates.
:v:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bentai posted:

:discourse:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bentai posted:

:worship:

Rahal will have United Rentals as the primary for 5 races including the 500.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/147257-united-rentals-extends-rll-sponsorship

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

God drat we got some tasty liveries this year

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Bentai posted:

Quoting this out of sheer loving appreciation

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Has ESPN announced who's calling their races this season? If it's the British guy who does X-Games for them or Todd Harris it's going to be awful.

Bentai posted:

:thurman:

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Bentai posted:

:drat:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bentai posted:

Goddamn son

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bentai posted:

drat fine work there

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Demelo and Fittipaldi officially splitting the 19 for the year, with Paysafe staying the sponsor all year. Demelo will take 10 races (assumedly the non-ovals?) and Fittipaldi the other 7 (assumedly the ovals plus one more?)

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/147254-coyne-officially-confirms-claman-de-melo-fittipaldi

Coyne has two sponsored cars, what is this world coming to.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And with that, we have the entire grid filled.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Still 10 races available at Juncos and 11 at Shank if you gotta check!!!

Speakin of Indy, I think we pretty much already have 33 depending on how stuff plays out. The 24 full timers and part timers, plus Stefan Wilson, Munoz, Pippa, Helio, Lazier (says hes coming again), 3rd for Schmidt (confirmed not Danica), D&R is planning on 2, and Danica all confirmed. Assuming Danica doesn't land in one of those D&R seats, thats 33.

Thats assuming nobody else adds any either. Bumping? Maybe??

Also Marco's colors for 5 races, including Indy and Long Beach:

Cygni fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 8, 2018

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If there is any bumping at all it's just gonna be like 2015, where Lazier didn't really even but in a serious attempt to qualify.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Human Grand Prix posted:

If there is any bumping at all it's just gonna be like 2015, where Lazier didn't really even but in a serious attempt to qualify.

counterpoint: nuh-uh sucker

also

https://twitter.com/AndyHallESPN/status/961411747566505984

:mad:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm curious to see how some of these sponsors will deal with the lack of wing elements to put ads on.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Thank gently caress it's Bestwick.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Good job ABC, you immediately realized you had gently caress all for commentators to do Indycars so you just rehired the guys you laid off. :laffo:

At least we have Bestwick.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

Demelo and Fittipaldi officially splitting the 19 for the year, with Paysafe staying the sponsor all year. Demelo will take 10 races (assumedly the non-ovals?) and Fittipaldi the other 7 (assumedly the ovals plus one more?)

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/147254-coyne-officially-confirms-claman-de-melo-fittipaldi

Coyne has two sponsored cars, what is this world coming to.

Any reason you're assuming the guy from the series that runs ovals will do road courses and the guy from the series with no ovals will do ovals?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

Thank gently caress it's Bestwick.

Bestwick is a good guy and is definitely the star of that broadcast booth. I've even made sure to tell him that to his face (and he silently agrees)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Dudley posted:

Any reason you're assuming the guy from the series that runs ovals will do road courses and the guy from the series with no ovals will do ovals?

Press release has Demelo doing the first 3 road courses and Fittipaldi doing the first 3 ovals, doesn’t mention the rest of the year. Somebody on Wikipedia shows all the dates and they are apparently mixing it up on the back end of the season though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

KingShibby posted:

Bestwick is a good guy and is definitely the star of that broadcast booth. I've even made sure to tell him that to his face (and he silently agrees)

I remember him on Twitter one year at Daytona in July saying something like "If you see me, come say hi". I'm hoping he winds up doing something at NBC if ESPN gives up IndyCar.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cygni posted:

Also Marco's colors for 5 races, including Indy and Long Beach:

I like it.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yeah. We don't have aerokit supply issues anymore (I hope?) but we still only have two engine manufacturers.

I also wonder how many raceable DW12 tubs even exist today. Even the big teams aren't replacing them on the regular.

KingShibby posted:

Bestwick is the only thing keeping that booth from being completely useless.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

just wish they'd add dallenbach with bestwick. i always liked the chemistry of the dallenbach/parsons/bestwick nascar crew a lot.

or alternately david hobbs because i wanna listen to him drunkenly commentate every race ever.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Marco and a concrete company. The jokes just write themselves.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah. We don't have aerokit supply issues anymore (I hope?) but we still only have two engine manufacturers.

I also wonder how many raceable DW12 tubs even exist today. Even the big teams aren't replacing them on the regular.
There are big aerokit supply issues at the moment, pretty nobody has a spare part. It's getting better, but stock is definitely tight.

There are plenty of DW12 tubs sitting around now, but the 'raceable' part is the problem. The tubs got reinforced and rebaked this offseason, but a bunch of teams bought new tubs instead due to some small weight savings. So there are spare tubs out there, but any team that buys one would need to send it in to get rebaked, and I think Dallara is pretty much maxed out at the moment so that might take a while.

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/status/961672825097474049

Looget all them trailers and new teams. V cool. Season is almost here!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/AndyHallESPN/status/961698556401864704

Good for Doc.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/status/961718530549911553

Looks like interest rates are rising!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

drat that looks cool as hell

Adbot