Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

glam rock hamhock posted:

Man, I forgot how dope the fifth Colossus is. Too bad it goes down so fast and gets overshadowed by the later flying one
i love that you just gotta play chicken with it and jump at it

I said I'd wait for a sale, but naaaah, next game I finish, I'll probably pick up Shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im thinking about buying it and i just finished playing it again this past weekend....

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's so good !!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

My wife signed off on getting a PS3 for Yakuza 3-5 after finishing Kiwami 2 when it drops so I'm incredibly excited to have a MGS2-4 machine again in my near future

Yesss, I think my PS3 will never go away due to that. Get the PSOne Classic MGS1 and you can play:

MG1 (via MGS3 HD)
MG2 (ditto)
MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yesss, I think my PS3 will never go away due to that. Get the PSOne Classic MGS1 and you can play:

MG1 (via MGS3 HD)
MG2 (ditto)
MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4

Plus best version of Peace Walker and bad versions of both MGSV's

vvvv This guy is wrong, Peace Walker rules. Well, the not-tank-fight half.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MG1 (via MGS3 HD)
MG2 (ditto)
MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4
There's also Peace Walker, but I personally recommend against it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

metal gear solid 5: peace walker is very good and I highly recommend playing it before playing metal gear solid 6: metal gear solid V

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Peace Walker is good because you take Kaz on a date.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jCz4VnC2Q

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Im thinking about buying it and i just finished playing it again this past weekend....
it's such a good game

oddium posted:

it's so good !!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MG1 (via MGS3 HD)
MG2 (ditto)
MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4

The legacy collection include MGS1 and the VR Missions.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished nier automata

i loving loved it and now i want to play all of nier and drakengard even though drakengard is probably a bad idea

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man, nier automata really goes for the moon in way few games could ever dream of, and goddamn, does it stick the landing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, just dropping in to say that this game looks neat.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brybelly/dice-wars-co-op-tactics-board-game-with-28-jumbo-u/description

It is a board game where the miniatures are dice that you roll at the start to determine what units you have to play with and you go from there and it looks simple to play.

I kinda like the amateur-lookin artwork too for whatever reason, can't place my finger on why but it looks simple but endearing and pleasing.

It also has a bunch of optional components included that let you play around with more complex rules and variations to the gameplay. It's 40 bucks though and given that KCB is letting my back that other kickstarter and I already feel terrible for letting her let me do that, I feel like I have zero right to think about asking for this as well (along with its add-ons which would take it up to $60).

So what's shakin? How's everyone holding up?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

i finished nier automata

i loving loved it and now i want to play all of nier and drakengard even though drakengard is probably a bad idea

Nier is fantastic if you can get over its flaws and Drakengard 3 is playable

The other 2 you should just read the LPs

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really do at least read the LP of Drakengard 1 though because it is bonkers to a degree Taro has not been able to match

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I also played a bit more Nier Automata, and I’m really awful at it. I’m not dying too often I guess, but I am whiffing a lot and getting stun locked. This happened when I play Bayonetta too, I don’t know what to do about it because presumably lowering the difficulty setting won’t make me stop misjudging distances and missing attacks and then feeling bad whenever I get knocked down by enemies

I’ve only put about an hour and half into it but I’m feeling kinda ehh, you know?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i finished nier automata

As someone who has played all of Drakengard (before it was cool), don't.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

man, nier automata really goes for the moon in way few games could ever dream of, and goddamn, does it stick the landing

About that...

Anyway I need to get around to finishing it. Maybe I'll just say screw it to getting all the endings and side quests and just finish off the main story.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

I also played a bit more Nier Automata, and I’m really awful at it. I’m not dying too often I guess, but I am whiffing a lot and getting stun locked. This happened when I play Bayonetta too, I don’t know what to do about it because presumably lowering the difficulty setting won’t make me stop misjudging distances and missing attacks and then feeling bad whenever I get knocked down by enemies

I’ve only put about an hour and half into it but I’m feeling kinda ehh, you know?

i mean. you can just set it to easy and use the auto chips. it'll literally play the game for you if you're that bad at it and the combat isn't the sole appeal

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Nier is fantastic if you can get over its flaws and Drakengard 3 is playable

The other 2 you should just read the LPs

Drakengard 3 would be playable if the framerate wasn't absolutely terrible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drakengard 1 might genuinely be the worst game I've ever played...I have a pretty solid tolerance for stiff or straight out poor playing games if I'm in the mood to dig into them, but I played something like 15 minutes of Drakengard before never ever wanting to touch t ever again

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To the first game's credit, I don't think the rest of the series has ever topped some of the batshit insanity its story throws at you (though Drakengard 3 comes close) but yeah, from a gameplay standpoint I wouldn't recommend actually playing any of them (maybe 3 if you can deal with the framerate issues). Nier is good though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I started the first Drakengard, I need to get back to it. I remember I got frustrated by one of the time trials for a secret weapon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

I started the first Drakengard, I need to get back to it. I remember I got frustrated by one of the time trials for a secret weapon.

If it's the one where you have to kill like six mage dudes on a map in two minutes good luck, that's the last weapon I needed for the final ending route and I never managed to do it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Found the last strawberry I was missing in the first chapter of Celeste. You're a tricky rear end bitch game

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Drakengard is a game i bought near launch due simply to the fact that it had a square enix logo and I was 13. Played it for like an hour and decided not to touch it again until a few years later when word started going around about just how loving insane the extra endings to the game were. I forced myself to suffer to see if they lived up to the hype and I haven't looked back since.

Likewise Nier is a game that when it came out all I knew is Kaine dressed super weird and the localization was extremely sweary and then someone said the words "it takes place after Drakengard's E ending" and I was like gently caress off there's no way but I had to know.

Pretty stoked that this mega weird series that has no business existing ended up producing one of my fave games in N:A

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 8, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBh_7zV4Wo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Macaluso posted:

Found the last strawberry I was missing in the first chapter of Celeste. You're a tricky rear end bitch game

The ONLY challenges/strawberries I don't like in Celeste are ones that require you to find those hidden passages in the walls of levels. Not the ones you have to bust open, just normal holes that make the level peel back to reveal secret tunnels after you enter. Sometimes they're not signposted nearly enough for what they are imo. But other than that, I have never obtained a strawberry that I felt like I didn't have to earn through actual real challenge and difficulty and success. It's great!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
To save our mother earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces, we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5 when for NA?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

play drakengard but use cheats to skip the weapon grinding and unlock any weapons that are too bullshit for you

when you're running around with like 9 leveled up weapons that all do different things it's actually kind of alright

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ive never really liked any of the metal gear solid games

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

when the trees in witcher 3 blow in the wind and the branches bend and poo poo it blows my mind because every other game in existence ever doesn't do this

there was a game reviewer i liked until he said he doesnt like how trees move with the wind in witcher 3. like holy poo poo how can one man be so wrong

al-azad
May 28, 2009

babypolis posted:

there was a game reviewer i liked until he said he doesnt like how trees move with the wind in witcher 3. like holy poo poo how can one man be so wrong

He must really hate Breath of the Wild because everything follows whatever wind simulation that game uses. BotW is also the only game off the top of my head that does this beautiful reflective sheen on grass during dawn and dusk.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Goooooood mornin feb chat thread, how's everyone doin?

I can't get to sleep (I think about the implications of diving in too deep) so now I'm surfing the net, watchin vids, readin poo poo. How about all of ya?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I played Subnautica, did some work, got mad at my art, and then played more Subnautica. Now I'm going to bed. A decent day IMO

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why did you get mad at your art?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello someone said peace walker was bad, but actually, it owns, and also peace walker is the best monster hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How was portable ops and ac!d

• Locked thread