Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Basticle posted:

I once had a draw cause this

but

what?

it says ranked but I'm thinking the 9 and 11 are photoshopped in from a custom game score or something?

The guy who posted that on reddit admitted that he and his buddies were smurfing and basically forced draws on match point to keep the game going to waste the other players time. So basically it’s real but just people being dicks.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
Looking forward to new operators when in a last, last, last, last bid, for honor crossovers with siege and there are two melee only operators who swing melee weapons only and scream nonstop

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

New shield operator right here. :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/51QAIdq.mp4

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Waiting patiently for flame thrower operative.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We need more operators that specialize in Human Rights violations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Guess which one of us was awake this game?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Perestroika posted:

New shield operator right here. :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/51QAIdq.mp4

Lol

SMP
May 5, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

We need more operators that specialize in Human Rights violations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
yall got them charms yet? :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGu6rZggLP4

https://i.imgur.com/0dohhA5.webm

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/HandmadeFeistyCentipede

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/InformalCraftyAtlanticsharpnosepuffer

The summation of my rainbow six experience.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Danknificent posted:

All this science fiction technology and it never occurs to any of these operators that the most tactically significant gadget would be a 90s-era boombox.

They should have an operator who can drop one, but it's the big 80s ones and it blares In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2VqPQ_NK4

my poor goddamn meridian :negative:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the barely contained laughter when he says OH IT'LL STING A LOT is my spirit animal

lesion is the best

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Homeroom Fingering posted:

They should have an operator who can drop one, but it's the big 80s ones and it blares In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

I'd never play anyone else.

And it really would be a powerful tool for attackers :colbert:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Add another defender with deployable fog machines, and get in Jäger to provide the lasers. :science:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Perestroika posted:

Add another defender with deployable fog machines, and get in Jäger to provide the lasers. :science:

an operator... that vapes??? buying that elite skin asap.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

an operator... that vapes??? buying that elite skin asap.

You know what's in the Smoke's canisters?
It's vape juice.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Toxic beauties

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/SpecificUnselfishBabirusa

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

As a fuzer, I've had this happen, and it's p. Annoying.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The Bananana posted:

As a fuzer, I've had this happen, and it's p. Annoying.

yet always hilarious

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Give me an attacker with a snake camera you can silently feed through breakable walls and barricades that marks enemies. Same benefits as droning a room but without the safety. Unlimited use, but can only see from one position. Maybe make it so you can leave it in it's spot as an extra drone camera.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a real cool idea. Could be balanced by making it pretty easy to see from the drill side and button hole from the other. Not sure how you would give it an audio cue though except for the drill noise maybe.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Joe's "WWWWWHAT?!" made that moment complete

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Give me an attacker with a snake camera you can silently feed through breakable walls and barricades that marks enemies. Same benefits as droning a room but without the safety. Unlimited use, but can only see from one position. Maybe make it so you can leave it in it's spot as an extra drone camera.

Real life gadgets like this would have been better. This low scifi bullshit is not the best IMO.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ZeusCannon posted:

That sounds like a real cool idea. Could be balanced by making it pretty easy to see from the drill side and button hole from the other. Not sure how you would give it an audio cue though except for the drill noise maybe.

No audio cue for this one. It's supposed to be silent because it doesn't have the same level of benefit as a drone to completely scout out a room, so it's much less obvious. Maybe a very small red light while in use like the other cameras?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

afkmacro posted:

Real life gadgets like this would have been better. This low scifi bullshit is not the best IMO.

Yea, I like the game because it's raw as gently caress; if you screw up you're gonna get blasted in the head, maybe through a wall, and it's going to kill you quick. The gameplay of Siege is so tight and quick that it kind of bugs me just how out-there they're getting with some of stuff.

I wish we'd see more a grounded Rainbow Six game come out with this destruction engine, I really miss the old Chaos Theory-era Clancy games. That R6: Patriots game looked pretty cool, I wonder if Ubi is planning on making something like that further down the line.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

afkmacro posted:

at least with hibana and echo it was funny because anime.

the korean cyberpunk stuff owns but after this nanobot bs i hope they dial it back and shift more towards the basic stuff we saw in the first 3 expansions

make an offensive rook style operator that simply brings extra ammo instead of armor so LMG users can just hammer a specific angle until the timer runs out or they get flanked. pistols only to counter all the extra spamming their teammates will be doing letting you alternate or dual wield them with shield accuracy ftw

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tumble posted:

Yea, I like the game because it's raw as gently caress; if you screw up you're gonna get blasted in the head, maybe through a wall, and it's going to kill you quick. The gameplay of Siege is so tight and quick that it kind of bugs me just how out-there they're getting with some of stuff.

I wish we'd see more a grounded Rainbow Six game come out with this destruction engine, I really miss the old Chaos Theory-era Clancy games. That R6: Patriots game looked pretty cool, I wonder if Ubi is planning on making something like that further down the line.

Pretty sure even Chaos Theory had thermal vision that could look through walls at a few dozen metres distance and a full-on invisibility suit. :v:

Though yeah, something a bit more physical again would be nice. Like some dude with a big old exoskeleton who can... I dunno. Rip off reinforcements? Carry some piece of stupidly heavy equipment? Throw steel girders through walls into enemies behind them? :haw:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Let's brainstorm better upcoming operators!

I'll go next:

- an operator with a low ammo... say 2 rounds, railgun that can penetrate across the entire map, and everything in it's path.

No xray scope, though. You need to rely on your teammates to relay Intel to you for the shot.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

A new operator from a South American country, named Aztec.

His special power is that when he reinforces walls, the opposite sides have blowgun traps that shoot poison darts when people walk past.

Or he can rig up a giant boulder that rolls down a hallway when a pressure plate is disturbed. Whatever

Jeremor fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 8, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I'd like to see a operator that can remove reinforcements from walls and panels. Say they come up a floor panel, so they pop out their tool kit and disengage it pretty quickly. But if you were trying to remove a wall from the other side, it's pretty loud and obvious and takes a good 15 to 20 or more uninterrupted seconds so you better have backup or a claymore watching your back. But then once you have that wall ready you can actually hold it up until your squad is ready. Then you suddenly drop it and blow the breach charge that they set up beforehand so that wall they counted on is suddenly wide open.

I'd also love to see an operator exactly like Cav but on offense to catch roamers, but instead of silent walking, you have throwable proximity sensors that ping in your HUD when someone walks by (teammate or otherwise) and lasts a good few seconds so roames could potentially sneak through of a teammate just set it off or something. Basically if Cav is a hunter, this operator is a spider waiting for you to enter their web. And then you interrogate them and ruin the defender's day.

Jeremor posted:

A new operator from a South American country, named Aztec.

His special power is that when he reinforces walls, the opposite sides have blowgun traps that shoot poison darts when people walk past.

Or he can rig up a giant boulder that rolls down a hallway when a pressure plate is disturbed. Whatever

I would actually loving love an operator with trap walls. Try to set a breach charge and it explodes! :haw:

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 8, 2018

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.
I really want a cat-based defender. You release Sgt. Fluffy into the objective room and she'll automatically hunt down and eliminate drones for you, but the enemy team can distract her with a laser sight. Also, all grenades are disabled because nobody wants to be the guy who accidentally blew up a cat.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
I'd really like to see two Czech Republic ops. Nothing crazy gadget-wise, but a Vz.58 variant and old-skool Skorpion as a secondary would be neato. There's a lot of other interesting gun designs from the Czechs that fit the immediate post-Cold War aesthetic that Siege occupies.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Actually, an Attacker with ELA mines that remain in place and ping/spot Attackers who go near them would be pretty sweet.

Or just an Attacker with ELA mines. Or just an Operator that’s a Drone ELA mine.

(ELA mines are dumb.)

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Operator that's just Two Recruits.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Operator that's just Two Recruits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010