Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm okay with this even though its super redundant. First of all, AJ's winning, they've blew their twist load on Jinder being champ. 2nd, it's the exact same 3 guys from the last world title match so at least corbin throwing people on their necks or ziggler bumping around will be an extra lil something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Reminds me of when TNA decided that they'd hand out title shots to guys who won fan polling. Except Nigel won every week, so they just said "gently caress it"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think this is finally the point where I accept that they are never going to do anything with Rusev.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Stale Saltines posted:

I think this is finally the point where I accept that they are never going to do anything with Rusev.

They're just waiting until Rusev Day is over

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

if it was anything like the last WWE event I went to, most of the audience will be British or German.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is with an aim to make her apparently the next Austin.

They're not even bringing in Ronda to make someone else a big deal to then go on to feud with someone, just skipping straight to McMahon being the mainstream face of the company.

They book like a dying territory.

My local indie announced this at the same time
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/961615399958835200

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I actually think there's a decent level of logic here. Shane can't stand the idea of Sami or Kevin winning the championship so he's trying to load the match up with other people to dilute the chances of that.

AJ said last week that Shane and Bryan's nonsense was affecting him, so this continues that. And we know AJ is winning because I don't think WWE is stupid enough to gently caress with their smark wet dream semi-main after already announcing it. So gently caress it yeah load the match up and let's have a crazy spotfest. I wanted AJ vs Sami as a single but it's clear now that that was never happening.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

dsriggs posted:

Reminds me of when TNA decided that they'd hand out title shots to guys who won fan polling. Except Nigel won every week, so they just said "gently caress it"

That's why it's not a fans voting thing. It's the "locker room" voting

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I want Brian James to write movies

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Midnightghoul posted:

I want Brian James to jump in front of a runaway train

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Davros1 posted:

That's why it's not a fans voting thing. It's the "locker room" voting

I was going for more of a “start a big new thing for booking challengers, then forget it in a week” thing, but you’re right too. :)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I hope this angle leads to AJ punching Daniel Bryan in the face as hard as he can and the crowd just stares in silence confused about how to react.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I want AJ to cut a promo demanding to know why Brock doesn't have to defend his belt against like eight guys every month and then accuse Shane and Bryan of brandism.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

oh man i am 100% going to that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Sugar Blaster posted:

I want AJ to cut a promo demanding to know why Brock doesn't have to defend his belt against like eight guys every month and then accuse Shane and Bryan of brandism.

This is going to lead to AJ vs Braun vs Kane in an inferno match with the title on a pole held by judy bagwell.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

rovert posted:

Disappointed Father vs Samoa Jim, I'm down

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

those meaty lads are gonna do some good suplexes there

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

re: rousey- signing a c list celebrity in order to get an e list celebrity to d list status sounds pretty par for the course for the wwe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Conference call making the news even funnier

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/961644318933970944

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
She will lead TNA into the future

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Has anyone pointed out yet how stupid it is that a top 10 of people who should be getting opportunities is topped by the people who are already the champions?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rarity posted:

Has anyone pointed out yet how stupid it is that a top 10 of people who should be getting opportunities is topped by the people who are already the champions?

thats why it should only be about cool pigs daniel bryan meets and stuff.

im watching old raws and every time sable comes out its honestly hilarious. she's the least sexy "sexy woman" ever. instead of talking seductively, like do like an eartha kitt thing or something, she just has the bluntest midwestern mom voice ever. "THIS IS FOR THE WIMMEN WHO WANNA BE ME AND THE MEN WHO CAME TO SEE ME. WHOS READY FOR THA GRIIIND" and then she does like, elaine's dance from seinfeld but if it was like a stripper dance. its loving hilarious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I feel Road Dogg is going to end up as one of the worst bookers in WWE history, at least in the last 20 years. Like everything about is awful except for the Tag Scene

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sable was one of the worst in ring actors I've ever seen. Made it even funnier to see her on syndicated crap like Relic Hunter, making all the c-list Baywatch actors seem like master thespians in comparison.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel Road Dogg is going to end up as one of the worst bookers in WWE history, at least in the last 20 years. Like everything about is awful except for the Tag Scene

You're being awfully generous to the tag scene that involves Breeze and Fandango getting themselves over to ultimately become (or stay) jobbers, the only heel team getting swept in a 2 out of 3 falls match, and giving New Day nothing tag related to do most weeks.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Guaranteed that Adoph Ziggler is gonna be added to the match so that AJ/Kevin/Sami don't have to eat the pin even though losses don't matter

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Guaranteed that Adoph Ziggler is gonna be added to the match so that AJ/Kevin/Sami don't have to eat the pin even though losses don't matter

The last time that Dolph Ziggler was in a match "just to eat the pin" he won.

Dolph Ziggler should never be in any matches just to be safe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dolph Ziggler is going to main event a PPV in 2018! :toot:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

im watching old raws and every time sable comes out its honestly hilarious. she's the least sexy "sexy woman" ever. instead of talking seductively, like do like an eartha kitt thing or something, she just has the bluntest midwestern mom voice ever. "THIS IS FOR THE WIMMEN WHO WANNA BE ME AND THE MEN WHO CAME TO SEE ME. WHOS READY FOR THA GRIIIND" and then she does like, elaine's dance from seinfeld but if it was like a stripper dance. its loving hilarious.

This is the best thing I've ever read and I can't stop laughing

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember this one time she did her "WHO WANTS TO SEE THE GRIND?" thing, the audience booed. She goes "Well I'm not gonna!" You sure showed them, Sable

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember when Sable was doing the grind as she slowly walked towards the Undertaker, who then grabbed her by the throat to a huge pop

Attitude Era :allears:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Can we also point out that Sable could barely walk in the giant heels she wore most of the time? And how it looked even funnier because she was so top-heavy from her obnoxiously large fake boobs?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't have any direct evidence to support this but she also killed Marc Mero's career

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

piss tape israel posted:

I don't have any direct evidence to support this but she also killed Marc Mero's career

Marc Mero killed Marc Mero's career

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE 2017 financial results were posted earlier today. There wasn't much of note, other than a 10% revenue increase to $801m, along with them hinting that the frontrunners for the new TV deal are Fox Sports and NBC Universal.

They also talked about increasing engagement to the international marketplace, which is probably why we are seeing more foreign stars pushed.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I really really hope those stations only offer 2 hour blocks

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Tweak posted:

I really really hope those stations only offer 2 hour blocks

NBC Universal owns USA Network. So don't hold your breath for two hour RAWS under them. :v:

In other news, WWE has promoted George Barrios and Michelle Wilson to a Co-President position.

For those who don't remember George, he's the guy with the really weird forehead.

(yes, that is his actual picture)

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 8, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Good grief, I don't like to make fun of appearances but that man is a Conehead

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

NBC Universal owns USA Network. So don't hold your breath for two hour RAWS under them. :v:

In other news, WWE has promoted George Barrios and Michelle Wilson to a Co-President position.

For those who don't remember George, he's the guy with the really weird forehead.

(yes, that is his actual picture)

His headshot looks like an r/me_irl post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fart blood posted:

His headshot looks like an r/me_irl post
lol

• Locked thread