Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/961644490170679296

I don't know why we would do this. We already have a bunch of wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wowww bye Isaiah

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Seems like a lot to pay for Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson but what the hell do I know, I'm a simple artisan

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

IT for Kyrie is a really bad trade in hindsight, it all depends on the Nets pick converting into something really good for the Cavs to even be a wash

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

You can never have enough! OTOH, Big Al plays important minutes when Turner or Sabonis are out, which is like 75% of the time.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

just need to get rid of Jae and Shump now imo

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Dang, that's a nice trade for the Cavs. Props to whoever is currently the GM.

You know Le Answer :smug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Seems like a lot to pay for Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson but what the hell do I know, I'm a simple artisan

Same

But they are also dumping IT

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Carlosologist posted:

IT for Kyrie is a really bad trade in hindsight, it all depends on the Nets pick converting into something really good for the Cavs to even be a wash

Sometimes you trade for a guy and he just happens to be irreparably broken (15 game sample size is definitive proof)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Same

I'm not writing off IT after a handful of games, I've seen too much from him. Maybe I'm just a sucker. The Cavs were just absolutely not in a position to be patient with him, the Lakers are going to let him run wild

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

If the Cavs can get rid of JR, they should be a lock to get swept in the Finals

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/joelwsolomon/status/961649555837038592

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Same

IT is a free agent at the end of the year. If you don't like him just waive him

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

You can never have enough! OTOH, Big Al plays important minutes when Turner or Sabonis are out, which is like 75% of the time.

Right. I'd be okay with moving Big Al if it gets us a first, but we need another big.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

IT might be the only player in the nba who shoots 3's at a worse rate than lonzo while shooting a billion of them. IT shoots 5.8 a game at 25%, lonzo shoots 5.4 at 30%

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lakers already played at Boston this season so IT doesn't even get his tribute video :(

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Don't really understand Cleveland's thinking here. They trade with the Lakers, letting them dump salary and freeing up room to make a run at LeBron!!!!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Ghost Dog posted:

IT might be the only player in the nba who shoots 3's at a worse rate than lonzo while shooting a billion of them. IT shoots 5.8 a game at 25%, lonzo shoots 5.4 at 30%

IT is a fine shooter, he's played like a dozen games this year

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/961616565354541056

whoops

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol:
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/961650817630687234

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961651399590318080

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Isaiah Thomas Cavs career:

Jan 2nd to Feb 7th, 2018

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lakers just dumping salary and hoping IT recovers? Don't understand their benefit from the trade otherwise.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pubic works project posted:

Bad GR3 injury news?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

morestuff posted:

IT really looks... not the same as a player out there. He has no lift and no legs. Sure, it could just be a conditioning thing, but he is a tiny man with a bum hip in a league of giants. Betting on him returning to his post injury form seems like a fools errand.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Bigass Moth posted:

Lakers just dumping salary and hoping IT recovers? Don't understand their benefit from the trade otherwise.

They didn't have a first round pick this year. Now they do. Neither Clarkson or Nance was going to be necessary in 1-3 years when they can theoretically compete. Plus cap relief for this year.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961652549140013057

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

They have a glut of young forwards, so Nance Jr. was expendable, Clarkson in not part of their future, and they get a first rounder and salary relief. It seems like a no brainer for them.

Im honestly surprised it was Nance and not Randel, though.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

morestuff posted:

thats cool. hes shooting 5.8 threes a game at 23%. he still has negative winshares. hes still at a putrid .49% ts%. thats the only info we have on IT post hip injury so just imagining a world where hes better than he is and assuming that one is correct seems not ideal

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Clarkson is like a .300 shooter from 3. He's a guy you can leave open on the three point line. Exactly what the Cavs need?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

IT loving sucks

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Bad GR3 injury news?

I mean yeah that makes sense. It just doesn't compute with Woj's report that we're looking to get a first back. Brooklyn would want a first for Carroll.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Holy poo poo

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Clarkson is like a .300 shooter from 3. He's a guy you can leave open on the three point line. Exactly what the Cavs need?

thats better than IT, who sucks

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

so where does kyrie for it rank on the all-time one-sided trades list

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah good trade

Wow

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah, I dont like dumping Big Al at all. Best case in games he is not needed, but Turners slight injuries all the time, and Sabonis foul issues, Al plays way more minutes some games.

Plus I love watching him play. He feels like the last of the old school hammer you down low guys.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Carlosologist posted:

The first time I read the trade I thought Cleveland fleeced Boston. Then it turns out Boston is the Spurs east in that they make they make their role players look so good they get overvalued, and I didn't expect Isaiah to be this broken. Everything's simpler in retrospect.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Can he play defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

IT was a rare combo of a player who was a net negative on the court AND a huge clubhouse cancer. Dude rolled onto a team that was mid surge, played like poo poo and then blamed literally everyone but himself. I've never seen a player do that before.

• Locked thread