Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/961653253401399298

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

so where does kyrie for it rank on the all-time one-sided trades list

I mean, we need to know what the brooklyn pick turns into first

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Well today is a fun day.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

pubic works project posted:

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/961644490170679296

I don't know why we would do this. We already have a bunch of wings.

whoa are we gonna get more picks for the guy we took on for picks as a salary dump

Brooklyn rules

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I can’t believe the Lakers actually made a good trade, wow.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

IT was a rare combo of a player who was a net negative on the court AND a huge clubhouse cancer. Dude rolled onto a team that was mid surge, played like poo poo and then blamed literally everyone but himself. I've never seen a player do that before.

he might be the worst starter in the league(and im like 99% sure he is by production and its probably not even close) and the first thing he did was start a feud with the teams second best player?? who was having an outstanding season??

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/isaiahthomas/status/953427364897271808

well

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

IT was a rare combo of a player who was a net negative on the court AND a huge clubhouse cancer. Dude rolled onto a team that was mid surge, played like poo poo and then blamed literally everyone but himself. I've never seen a player do that before.

Even if you discount the possibility of IT getting his legs back under him, him sucking should have no impact on your decision making. He sucks? He's gone in the summer anyway. Locker room hates him and he's a net negative? Cut him.

Clarkson is a nice player but not a great fit next to LeBron offensively and looks more like a "we are looking to go young and flexible instead of doubling down for now" move that will just make it easy for LeBron to walk out again. I'm going to :lol: if this is the straw that breaks LeBron's back

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is hilarious

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

It keeps getting better.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry gotta lay the :thunk: on ya

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Great IT3 vs Lavar Ball now

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

euphronius posted:

Can he play defense

Clarkson is good on the drive, bad from three and bad at defense, he’s not that exciting a player

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zoux posted:

Sorry gotta lay the :thunk: on ya

I was just about to look for this, thanks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Clarkson is a nice player but not a great fit next to LeBron offensively and looks more like a "we are looking to go young and flexible instead of doubling down for now" move that will just make it easy for LeBron to walk out again. I'm going to :lol: if this is the straw that breaks LeBron's back

That's how I'm thinking about it, it looks a lot more like loading up for the future rather than going all-in. They probably could have netted a higher impact older veteran with that package if they were really interested in fully buying into this year's championship run. Neither Nance or Clarkson are going to solve the problems they have right now. I don't know, I really think I like the trade more for the Lakers

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 8, 2018

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

Even if you discount the possibility of IT getting his legs back under him, him sucking should have no impact on your decision making. He sucks? He's gone in the summer anyway. Locker room hates him and he's a net negative? Cut him.

i dont understand, is that first paragraph from the cavs point of view? are you saying IT is so bad that you should not want to get something in return for him?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lol if you told me at this time last year that IT would get traded to the Cavs, turn himself into a pariah, and possibly be a vet minimum guy going into 18-19 I would have called you crazy

What a league

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Doltos posted:

Great IT3 vs Lavar Ball now

Lavar Ball dont waste time with back up point guards

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Athanatos posted:

is he not talking to lonzo now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont understand, is that first paragraph from the cavs point of view? are you saying IT is so bad that you should not want to get something in return for him?

In response to the people saying "well IT really sucks and everyone hates him". So what? You don't have to attach a first rounder (or anything) to dump him, or trade for players of questionable fit to LeBron

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So Cavs basically traded Kyrie and a 1st for Clarkson and Nance Jr :lol:

Good job LeBron

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Athanatos posted:

Oh man this will be fun. Maybe the Lakers will try and move IT straight up somewhere before the deadline.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Boo, gently caress that poo poo

Also, didn't IT literally say yesterday he was glad to not get traded again?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I remember the heat on these boards back in August for suggesting the Celtics won the trade deal. One of the few predictions I've ever been correct on.

I like this Lakers/Cavs deal for both sides. I've always seen Clarkson as a positive player, and the Cavs literally just need a Guard who doesn't poo poo the bed in their lineup right now. Nance seems like a good rotation player to fill 15-20 min a game for the Cavs, maybe more while covering the Love injury. Deal works for the Lakers too because it gives them a pick and cap flexibility.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah, this bit. Good that they got rid of IT, just don't see why they'd want Clarkson. Maybe they can make him work but idk

euphronius posted:

Can he play defense

Stats say no. Nance can though, but he's even worse a shooter than Clarkson.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
lol

https://twitter.com/isaiahthomas/status/961609042308288513

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Clarkson is instantly their best guard on the entire team and Nance Jr. will get rotation minutes at both PF and C. This makes their team better Now for cheap, I dont see how this is a terrible trade for the Cavs. Clarkson can hit open shots and plays off the ball decently.

Clarkson is way better than IT, puts them in a better position now. Nance is young, athletic and can play defense. If your argument is that IT sucked so bad that they should cut him, why would trading for decent-good players be a bad thing?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

euphronius posted:

Can he play defense

Not really, but he probably looks like Bruce Bowen next to IT and Calderon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RCarr posted:

So Cavs basically traded Kyrie and a 1st for Clarkson and Nance Jr :lol:

Good job LeBron

LeBron never wanted to trade Kyrie.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

In response to the people saying "well IT really sucks and everyone hates him". So what? You don't have to attach a first rounder (or anything) to dump him, or trade for players of questionable fit to LeBron

i still dont understand? you think cutting someone or letting them walk for free is in some way objectively better than packaging them in trades for better players?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Biggest tragedy is that Nance won't be in purple and gold for the dunk contest :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CRISPYBABY posted:

Not really, but he probably looks like Bruce Bowen next to IT and Calderon.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

God can go to hell

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

IT ending up backing up Lonzo Ball is going to be hilarious

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

"For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Isaiah Thomas 5'9"

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

"For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Isaiah Thomas 5'9"

:drat:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Just a reminder that IT finished fifth in MVP voting and put up 12.5 winshares last year

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961648854256046085

Cavs are gonna grease the envelope and get another #1 pick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh protections on the pick make more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think it's a win-win trade.

Clarkson is undeniably talented, definitely one of the best Lakers talent-wise overall, but never has been fully cured of Byron Scott disease (and just in general didn't buy in to the offense), and he's not playing defense on a Lakers team that actually seems to play defense once in a while this season, so his role with the team had slipped, and in fact he almost disappeared completely until Lonzo got hurt. The Cavs actually need someone who can hop into some ISOs when Lebron is off the floor, and while he's not a great three point shooter, he's good enough and will get much better looks on passes from Lebron than passes from Tyler Ennis. He also can be a good point guard, although he seems to hate t o play point guard now, but maybe being with Lebron will reinvigorate that.

Losing Nance hurts a lot, he's one of my favorite Lakers. But also he was the odd man out most nights between Kuzma and Randle and small ball lineups. I'm excited to see what he can do on a playoff team.

If IT sucks, he sucks, he's a free agent. If he's good, he could actually make the Laker offense work more regularly (it's been working lately but the Lakers have also been shooting way better than usual which is probably a fluke).

Chandler Frye is a cool dude, but probably won't actually play a ton.

The pick is nice. Lakers definitely need it.

• Locked thread