Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

It's in the game menu itself, the same place where you can archive or delete it.

So all I need to do is redeem those points from the games I already own and come March I'll be able to get a free copy of The Men of Yoshiwara? Why are people disappointed by this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

If someone is going to go through the effort of hacking and pirating a switch game they werent going to be a sale anyway. Retards will always be around to pay $40 for binding of isaac switch or whatever. PC game devs are fine despite torrents being even easier there

Please don't use that word as an insult.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Are save "backups" a thing, especially on a system where you can't actually backups saves?

Save backups would presumably work on the same level as any other file backup, but what he's referring to is "software archiving," because users of the Nintendo freeShop fancy themselves as "gaming historians."

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The PSP was a great emulation system, the Switch would be even better. Bring on the homebrew. (I actually developed two for-real homebrew games on the PSP back in high school, that was crazy fun.) Piracy sucks but whatever, I want my old games.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

So, who's going to buy Garu Metal?
https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000001635

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

So all I need to do is redeem those points from the games I already own and come March I'll be able to get a free copy of The Men of Yoshiwara? Why are people disappointed by this?

People, to a person, are hyperbolic hysterical idiots about something or another. Some people have focused their insanity on how Nintendo is loving them this time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

If they announce a physical western release that will be the first Switch game I've ever preordered.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo could stem a lot of hacking by making a good VC system, you know, like literally everyone is saying they want.

Why you cannot buy super mario world on day one on every Nintendo system until the end of time is mind boggling to me.

I personally own SMW on SNES, GBA, 3DS, Wii, and SNES Mini. I would buy it day one on Switch.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 8, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ColdPie posted:

The PSP was a great emulation system, the Switch would be even better. Bring on the homebrew. (I actually developed two for-real homebrew games on the PSP back in high school, that was crazy fun.) Piracy sucks but whatever, I want my old games.

There were like 4 or 5 good PSP games and then the rest was just being an amazing portable SNES.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hacking the Switch just for emulators and Doom ports doesn't seem very attractive since the 3DS banwave. Nintendo has set the precedent that your hardware can and probably will be permanently banned from all online functionality except the eShop if they catch you hacking anything, even if you don't pirate any games.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why you cannot buy super mario world on day one on every Nintendo system until the end of time is mind boggling to me.

I'll go with "because I already have it on two systems and I don't have infinite money" but then I'm not trying to pirate it, either.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nephzinho posted:

There were like 4 or 5 good PSP games and then the rest was just being an amazing portable SNES.

What revisionist history is this? There were a ton of good PSP games, you could've had a great time playing nothing but legally purchased games on the PSP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Takoluka posted:

Save backups would presumably work on the same level as any other file backup, but what he's referring to is "software archiving," because users of the Nintendo freeShop fancy themselves as "gaming historians."

Dunno if that would even be possible this time. The ticket system for the 3DS had some very big issues, but those got fixed for the Switch. So even if you could download the games directly from Nintendo's servers through methods like that, you'd be sitting with a block of data that does absolutely nothing.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

repiv posted:

Hacking the Switch just for emulators and Doom ports doesn't seem very attractive since the 3DS banwave

A bunch of my friends hacked their 3ds back in the day and exactly 0% of them did it for "emulators and doom ports", let's not kid anyone here

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Bloop posted:

I'll go with "because I already have it on two systems and I don't have infinite money" but then I'm not trying to pirate it, either.

There are certain games (SMW, Half life series, OG Doom, mario golf 64, Theme Hospital, Portal series) that are gaming “comfort food” to me and I will buy them on every platform they come out on that I own. I just get in a mood to play them and I want them on everything

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Dropbear posted:

A bunch of my friends hacked their 3ds back in the day and exactly 0% of them did it for "emulators and doom ports", let's not kid anyone here

Exactly, that's my point. People who intend the go on a piracy spree can maybe justify losing online multiplayer forever, but otherwise it's not worth it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

What revisionist history is this? There were a ton of good PSP games, you could've had a great time playing nothing but legally purchased games on the PSP.

Imagine getting a PSPgo and being super hype about finally getting to play Crisis Core.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There are certain games (SMW, Half life series, OG Doom, mario golf 64, Theme Hospital, Portal series) that are gaming “comfort food” to me and I will buy them on every platform they come out on that I own. I just get in a mood to play them and I want them on everything

Portal for Switch please

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Nintendo could stem a lot of hacking by making a good VC system, you know, like literally everyone is saying they want.

I personally own SMW on SNES, GBA, 3DS, Wii, and SNES Mini. I would buy it day one on Switch.

I'm curious to see what they offer, especially in terms of pricing. I'm going to be honest, asking me to pay anything at all for SMB1 on NES isn't going to fly. But included in a subscription plan along with a ton of other VC titles, with an expanding selection every month? Hell yeah I'll pay for that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

Portal for Switch please

February 28th

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That reminds me, Tag Force on Switch when

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I mainly just don't want the hacking poo poo to ruin online games. I had to quit playing Mario Kart Wii online because of it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should have waited and released Metroid Prime Federation Force on Switch.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

Portal for Switch please

That Portal Bridge Constructor game is supposed to come at some point but I went ahead and got it on my phone instead. It's pretty fun though it doesn't exactly hold a candle to P1+2

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

whaley posted:

I mainly just don't want the hacking poo poo to ruin online games. I had to quit playing Mario Kart Wii online because of it

This. There's probably no stopping pirates, but if getting rid of hackers means I'll have to subscribe and pay for Nintendo's Online service, then that's money well spent.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the dreamcast arguably got damaged by hacking/piracy but burning a ROM to a basic CD is way, way easier than flashing your tablet with Linux and loving around with flash carts and firmware

the switch will be fine

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

whaley posted:

Are you telling me that you don't want teleporting Splatoon players to hit 100% ink coverage with a single trigger hit?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the dreamcast arguably got damaged by hacking/piracy but burning a ROM to a basic CD is way, way easier than flashing your tablet with Linux and loving around with flash carts and firmware

the switch will be fine

I'm not really concerned about the "future of the Switch" if people are buying it up as a homebrew machine. I'm more concerned that indie devs are really flourishing on the system, and I don't want console piracy to be something that negatively affects them, even a little bit.

It really irritates me when someone pirates a game, drops dozens of hours into it, and still says that it wasn't worth actually investing money into.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 8, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Takoluka posted:

Are you telling me that you don't want teleporting Splatoon players to hit 100% ink coverage with a single trigger hit?

I'll go out on a limb, on record, and say that I do not want this.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If we never get a Virtual Console and instead keep getting a ton of really good new games, it'll be worth it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

If someone is going to go through the effort of hacking and pirating a switch game they werent going to be a sale anyway. Retards will always be around to pay $40 for binding of isaac switch or whatever. PC game devs are fine despite torrents being even easier there

Oh cool the angry dumb guy is back

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Golf Story for $12 hell yeah.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

They should have waited and released Metroid Prime Federation Force on Switch.

Federation Force was unfairly maligned and is a fantastic game, as long as you have someone else to play with you. A friend and I went through the entire campaign, getting all the medals, and it was a blast. If they made a sequel on the switch (lol not going to happen), I'd buy it day one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

All these people moaning about virtual console when Nintendo still haven't released the GIRL GAMER button

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

All these people moaning about virtual console when Nintendo still haven't released the GIRL GAMER button

The girl gamer button was inside you there whole time!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The true girl gamer button was the friends we made along way.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Federation Force was unfairly maligned and is a fantastic game, as long as you have someone else to play with you. A friend and I went through the entire campaign, getting all the medals, and it was a blast. If they made a sequel on the switch (lol not going to happen), I'd buy it day one.

Yeah. I liked what I played. I was hoping it would drop to $20 as fast as Triforce Heroes so I could buy my friends copies but it never happened.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Bloop posted:

The girl gamer button was inside you there whole time!

I wish

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

goddamn the two week period where people I know would play triforce heroes with me was the poo poo

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I don't read Japanese so I have no clue what this says but that didn't stop me from importing the Elite Beat Agent games either. Is this officially out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I've actually been pretty curious about MPFF. I'm not really into MP; is FF worth it in spite of that?

• Locked thread