Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lol a protected 2nd rounder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

What in the holy hell...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They got rid of it Rose and wade lmao

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well the Cavs should certainly be better than they were and the offseason has even more meltdown potential so this is basically a win for NBA fans

it obviously depends on what all the sweeteners are but even if the salarys are poop and poo poo they seem in a better post lebron spot than they would have if he left and their team was now gonna have jr smith: primary ballhandler

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/darth/status/961663670479564800

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Wade: Hey Bron, remember when I would get the chance to hit the game-winners?
LeBron: Yeah buddy...those were some good times. *starts furiously texting Riley*

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Heavily protected second round pick basically means they just gave Wade away. Which is about his value now anyways.

Hopefully he can come in for a few retirement tour games in Miami, even though Miami is actually really likely to be an East playoff team.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

the cavs are now me whenever i start a new game of nba 2k

Gotta move in and make the roster right.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

They got rid of it Rose and wade lmao

and Crowder

Ghost Dog posted:

it obviously depends on what all the sweeteners are but even if the salarys are poop and poo poo they seem in a better post lebron spot than they would have if he left and their team was now gonna have jr smith: primary ballhandler

Yeah if Lebron leaves the team will be more watchable and most likely a mid playoff seed if Love stays

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

In what world do you live in where that's "linear" improvement. It's almost the definition of nonlinear outlier year

One where I didn't check his stats, thought he looked like a slightly improved version of the same player every year.

Before he got traded to Boston he looked like he could put up 20 points a night on any team in the league, he was really really individually talented on the offense. Now he's a joke, and I don't think it's because the Cavs coaching staff is worse than Bostons (even though it obviously is)

Post of a picture of Danny Ainge being smart for trading a permanently injured player for a franchise PG maybe

it's very sad. He was so much fun to watch even on the really bad teams

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SOMEONE PLEASE GET GONZALO LE BATARD ON THE LINE, I MUST HEAR HIS REACTIONS TO THE ESNAKE DWAYNE WADE RETURNING BACK TO MIAMI

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm kinda sad Derrick Rose doesn't get a shot at a ring anymore, other than that all these trades look good.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lebron to everyone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcuYZCv3cKM

the old lady is KLove

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/961663692520787970

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Someone who calls themselves Koby Altman has balls of steel apparently.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The funny thing is I was driving back to work and realized I posted that extremely silly thing and had some empathy for our Gen Y A.I. friend.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if only this happened while lebatard was on

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

MelancholyMark posted:

Now they just need to move TT and JR

do it all

DO IT ALL

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, why is Utah making that trade? I din't see why they do this

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Cleveland is trading the whole drat team lol.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GM LEBRON IS THE GREATEST GM OF ALL TIME

HE IS PLAYING 3 DIMENSIONAL CHESS

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

One where I didn't check his stats, thought he looked like a slightly improved version of the same player every year.

Before he got traded to Boston he looked like he could put up 20 points a night on any team in the league, he was really really individually talented on the offense. Now he's a joke, and I don't think it's because the Cavs coaching staff is worse than Bostons (even though it obviously is)

Post of a picture of Danny Ainge being smart for trading a permanently injured player for a franchise PG maybe

it's very sad. He was so much fun to watch even on the really bad teams

Hey man I love IT and I will never forget last year. That's why I'm defending it so hard, it was a metamorphosis. This year really depresses me as much as it angers Cavs fans so I really hope the warm California air helps him get his Smile Back. And I will not do what you said, I fully give Brad credit for designing the system that allowed a 20 ppg super bench guy with massive defensive liabilities to become an MVP candidate for a first seed. Brad has much more to do with that :) Him allowing Kyrie to do the same is reflected in stats as well. You just don't like being wrong and that's not my problem

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can Sacramento just waive Joe Johnson now or do they have to dump poor Malachi right now to make room?

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
WHAT THE gently caress JAZZ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
gently caress that

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/961661219412193280

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Wade is boomeranging now right? Reunited with LeBron, now back to Miami, next season probably coaching at Marquette?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im just really loving happy jae crowder is gone

i know hes going to play better elsewhere with real friendship and not fake lebron stabs dwyayayane in the back friendship but man he stinks

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, why is Utah making that trade? I din't see why they do this

This is being glossed over because of how insane everything else is, but the Cavs ended up with the 2 best players in a 3 team trade involving no picks.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

‘Now THIS is gonna be fun’ magazine cover except it’s IT and Lonzo.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is being glossed over because of how insane everything else is, but the Cavs ended up with the 2 best players in a 3 team trade involving no picks.

i feel like there has to be more to the trades or something

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

clarification on the 2nd rounder to sac

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961665216244256768

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961665216244256768

Thanks for holding out and demanding a heavily protected second round pick out of taking on Shump, Vlade

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I feel like the Cavs got a lot better if Hill and Hood are healthy.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsgabrielleu/status/961665217523601409

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Cavs trade a 2nd round draft pick to the Bengals for AJ McCarron!!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahaha great job Sacramento

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Kings gave up the best player for two players who they might just waive one or both and a second rounder

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

what the gently caress is happening

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

DWade getting that rear end licked tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
wow, what a day for the cavs

• Locked thread