Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

fridge corn posted:

When are we getting that ice monk skill?

Not 100% sure on the timeframe, I think the 3rd anniversary? (Somebody more familiar with JP correct me here, please.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Is it better to not do the most recent dungeon update and wait for the dungeon overhaul bonus rewards to be added in 2 weeks? Or is the most recent update not really affected by it much?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

bilperkins2 posted:

Is it better to not do the most recent dungeon update and wait for the dungeon overhaul bonus rewards to be added in 2 weeks? Or is the most recent update not really affected by it much?

Check the reward compensation breakpoints (every 200 dungeons cleared). If you're really close to one (like within 5 or so) get to it, then stop doing them until after the update. 800 is the maximum award breakpoint, which you should have hit in December/January if you've been clearing all dungeons.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Any way to see how many dungeons I’ve done?

I’m almost done with the classic ones though barely touched elites so far.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Any way to see how many dungeons I’ve done?

I’m almost done with the classic ones though barely touched elites so far.

I think the best option is to change the view from the linear tream to the by-relm door sxreen. Under each relm will be a completion number. There isn't a total accounting of every relm in game as far as I know.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I loving hate golem and can't figure out how to beat him...I have what could be a very strong physical wind team with Zack chain cloud USB/OSB/BSB2 zidane USB/OSB/SSB (the bad one) and also have fuijin with OSB/BSB/SSB. Entrust botting cloud isn't working and I can't seem to get fuijin to do very much damage with a ninja mage setup. I know I can do this but nothing I can think of can manage to do enough damage so far. I haven't been able to sidestep earthen wall which is the problem with physical...

I could maybe just go full mage/ninja mage. I just want completion/mastery so I can unlock the other 2.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Are you Dispelling his Protect?

Also, I think you should be able to burst him down by Entrusting to Fujin; setup a Chain, have her get her Enwind SSB up, and then spam Meltdown (or Gathering Storm) in between OSB casts.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

Are you Dispelling his Protect?

Also, I think you should be able to burst him down by Entrusting to Fujin; setup a Chain, have her get her Enwind SSB up, and then spam Meltdown (or Gathering Storm) in between OSB casts.

I'll give that a shot to both. Maybe also I could bring Yuna BSB for a faithga that could stack with onion BSB. I know I can do this just frustrated. ;)

E: I feel dumb. All it took was dispelling protect and I did it in 54 seconds with bad RNG using Cloud and Zack with shelke entrusting.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 8, 2018

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Randabis posted:

I'll give that a shot to both. Maybe also I could bring Yuna BSB for a faithga that could stack with onion BSB. I know I can do this just frustrated. ;)
I don't have Fujin OSB like you do so I'm jealous but Fujin SSB+Raging Storm, (Meltdown caster here), OK BSB, Yuna BSB2, (other healer of choice) worked for me when I was just going for clears.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ok what the gently caress is this Atlas fight in the crystal tower.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm almost all the way down the Realm dungeon map (maybe 90% to the end?) and I think I've only done the first 10% of the Elites. The revamp poo poo is kinda confusing. All I know is "probably maybe don't do elites, or do them but don't master them, or something else entirely". :shrug:

I know I want to at least finish the normal realms and take advantage of 1/2 stam week. I really need more mythril for upcoming pulls. I dumped what little I had on the recent OK and "Heroes" banners, and I'm always a sucker for the 1/2 price Luckies.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ok what the gently caress is this Atlas fight in the crystal tower.

Yeah I kinda hosed up by using my A-team in the first fight in the tower, so no OK or Rikku for Atlas, but even with that I can't figure out a way to crack him.

I figure a fully-dived and synergized Raines is a good start. Synergy Vanille with her BSB should be good too. Nabaat's BSB might help imperil him too.

And then...what?

I've tried Tyro, for his USB2 hastega and/or wall and/or breakdowns.

I've tried two healers.

I just can't quite figure it out. Raines' BSB cmd1s are typically about 20k per use, but it's just not fast enough when every 5 or 6 turns he's mass-dispelling and I need to re-up haste, protectga, shellga, boosts, and wall.

I keep getting him to about 40% and then a 7k AOE hits me because something didn't get up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Atlas has an extremely simple pattern, just four abilities that he cycles through:

1. Punch (weak physical)
2. Crushing Grasp (AOE dispel and NE magic damage)
3. Chain Strike (2 physicals, target highest HP%)
4. Roar (AOE NE magic damage and 30% interrupt)

Crushing Grasp alternates between targeting first the front row and then the back row, so if you put all your dudes in the same row (definitely back row because his physicals aren't long range), you'll have 8 turns between dispels. When he uses Punch, that's your cue to start recasting your hastega SBs.

e: also you don't need to recast stat buffs after Crushing Grasp. It only dispels status effects, so pretty much just hastega and shellga. You can forgo protectga if you want, going full back row and Raines' BSB should be enough.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 8, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pander posted:

Yeah I kinda hosed up by using my A-team in the first fight in the tower, so no OK or Rikku for Atlas, but even with that I can't figure out a way to crack him.

I figure a fully-dived and synergized Raines is a good start. Synergy Vanille with her BSB should be good too. Nabaat's BSB might help imperil him too.

And then...what?

I've tried Tyro, for his USB2 hastega and/or wall and/or breakdowns.

I've tried two healers.

I just can't quite figure it out. Raines' BSB cmd1s are typically about 20k per use, but it's just not fast enough when every 5 or 6 turns he's mass-dispelling and I need to re-up haste, protectga, shellga, boosts, and wall.

I keep getting him to about 40% and then a 7k AOE hits me because something didn't get up.

What are you doing for breakdowns on this? Dispel fights are generally balanced around stacking a lot of those.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Is the balance change real or part of the "comedy option?" I've always thought he should be a support character since he was the one who started with breaks in FFX.

Balance change is real. Auron can finally Full Break, after 3 years.

(Jecht's comedy option actually 'works', too, if you can get all 3 to proc at the same time it's... 8.64 potency! ...compared to a triple-cast Fires Within at 10.2 potency... 16 dark hits, at least, for chains?)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I hadn’t done much in the Dissidia event because of the lack of mythril, so let’s wrap this one up!

Yeah whoever designed the Bartz/Zidane fight needs to see a shrink. Their attacks last until the heat death of the universe apparently.

I don’t need the stuff in this event that badly.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Auron/Jecht event is weird. I can't believe they didn't give Braska something new, or even put his USB on the banner. Did we really need an OSB for Auron in the same event they gave him a Support BSB?

ApplesandOranges posted:

(but there are no +Fire ranged weapons).

One day, Lann and Reynn will return. I still want their BSBs, regardless of how dated they are.

Elena also has a fire+ thrower, I think, which is at least more likely to show up again then Lann's BSB. And Irvine and Mustadio's USBs, but that's not Jecht relevant.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

Also, for the event:
Balance Change: Support 5 for Auron

Only took them three loving years to fix their fuckup.

Attestant posted:

Not 100% sure on the timeframe, I think the 3rd anniversary? (Somebody more familiar with JP correct me here, please.)

Yeah, Icicle Rush and the windy version of Leaping Rush were both login bonuses that coincided with 3rd Anniversary. The wind-elemental quadstrike was a login bonus for the festival after that. Everything else is event-provided aside from those.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think DeNA did a pretty good job of replicating the look, sound, and feel of the early Heavensward battles, especially Shiva and Ravana.

But jesus, Nidhogg looks like complete dogshit. It's like they cropped an in-game screenshot, put a pixel filter over it, and made it wobble around a little.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Nice, that’s the toughest one down for you.

I’m not even sure what strat I’d go with yet for serious attempts given my relic pool. Alphinaud SSB is probably a must so I LD’d him today for survivability (and of course other reasons too).

I’m assuming most people have noticed but with all Torments done the 5* mote gain has slowed to a crawl.

Radiant Shield isn’t likely to hand you sub-30s, but it sure as hell helps with sub-60s. Curilla USB was great for the damage boost, the defense boost (it adds up with non-Savage Jet Fires, they were hitting for 1300 with all my mitigation) and the trickled damage from reflection. Sub-40 feels as good as I’ll get without playing insanely risky.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Man I have never had trouble with any 300 torment fights I've tried before but I just can not kill that drat FFXI dragon. I think the problem is that my only ice damage is Squall's steely blade which I know is top tier but honestly seems kind of ho-hum without his dive doublecasts and doesn't really benefit much from jumpstart. I guess I could smashmouth Josef up to 99 since I have his BSB, are the monk unbound fury BSBs any good? The other option is to RW steely blade onto my dived Butz (the Steely Butz stratagem).

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Armitage posted:

I hadn’t done much in the Dissidia event because of the lack of mythril, so let’s wrap this one up!

Yeah whoever designed the Bartz/Zidane fight needs to see a shrink. Their attacks last until the heat death of the universe apparently.

I don’t need the stuff in this event that badly.

Slow Zidane and then kill Bartz, dispel haste whenever it's up. EZ

The Moon Monster posted:

Man I have never had trouble with any 300 torment fights I've tried before but I just can not kill that drat FFXI dragon. I think the problem is that my only ice damage is Squall's steely blade which I know is top tier but honestly seems kind of ho-hum without his dive doublecasts and doesn't really benefit much from jumpstart. I guess I could smashmouth Josef up to 99 since I have his BSB, are the monk unbound fury BSBs any good? The other option is to RW steely blade onto my dived Butz (the Steely Butz stratagem).

Have any good spellcasters? The dragon counters physical attacks with a heavy damage AOE after it gets below half health. Without stacking a lot of breakdowns + buffs it's very hard to survive more than a few of those.

In ability meta all you should really need for this is chain blizzaga and a character that can max it out

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 8, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mirthless posted:

Slow Zidane and then kill Bartz, dispel haste whenever it's up. EZ

Have any good spellcasters? The dragon counters physical attacks with a heavy damage AOE after it gets below half health. Without stacking a lot of breakdowns + buffs it's very hard to survive more than a few of those.

Oh dang, does the counter start ramping up in intensity or something? The counter hits I notice only hit for like 1000 damage to 1 guy, but maybe what I thought was him enraging was just the counter mechanic enraging. I have Vivi and I've been using his USB to dump my chain blizzaga hones followed by his bsb2, but the damage is weirdly low, like 4k per hit on blizzaga and the dragon has a shitload of hp. I guess I don't have any ice boosting gear either.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I got mixed up; He does have a single target counter but he also starts spamming a group AOE separate from the counter; Said group AOE ignores defense so you need to have breakdowns to deal with the damage.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I did the XI 3-member CM with Squall as my main damage dealer, although I have him fully dived and RW'd Onion USBp for the ninja EX speed boost. My other three XI guys took down the top guy with Shantotto doing Meltdown and two others, I forget their names, doing Fires Within and the Fire Spellblade. Once the top guy was done, Shantotto turned to Chain Blizzaga and the spellblader turned to Hailstorm, and the Fires Within guy re-upped Protectga and did the ice imperil magicite. Healer was dived Ysh with BSB and Wall. Not sure if this helps at all.

edit - my Shantotto has USB so that gave a MAG boost, forgot to mention. Other two XI's had no SB's.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I did it! I lost the LD!

Gogo SSB

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
^ I got that from a Dream pull and it actually turned out to have some pretty high MAG stats (currently my highest MAG armor), and it has water resist. And the SB itself is VoF without the burst, so pretty good for CM stuff!

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Sub 30 on mist dragon with Vanille, Raines, Onion, Shelke, and Shadow. All are full dived except Onion, and only BSBs used except Onion pUSB. Onion also has his LMR which is key to getting buffs up.

Feels good to steamroll this one, and I should be able to get Shadow dragon down too since I have TGC OSB and everything I need for the 2 cid strategies.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Oh dang, does the counter start ramping up in intensity or something? The counter hits I notice only hit for like 1000 damage to 1 guy, but maybe what I thought was him enraging was just the counter mechanic enraging. I have Vivi and I've been using his USB to dump my chain blizzaga hones followed by his bsb2, but the damage is weirdly low, like 4k per hit on blizzaga and the dragon has a shitload of hp. I guess I don't have any ice boosting gear either.

I ended up juuust barely scraping by with Steely Butz. I was entirely out of hones and SB bars and Squall was dead when my magicite landed the killing blow. Got the bare minimum of medals for champion and none of the CMs, but whatever, I now have enough spirit motes for a dive :toot:

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

jebeebus posted:

^ I got that from a Dream pull and it actually turned out to have some pretty high MAG stats (currently my highest MAG armor), and it has water resist. And the SB itself is VoF without the burst, so pretty good for CM stuff!

Pamcake was speaking of Gogo VI's Medica+Esuna SSB, not V's.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
O..oh... yes you did lose sorry :smith:

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

All 3 star magicites down sub 60 or better. Now to work on consistent sub 30s and then attempting 4 stars...feels good to be putting all these nice relics I have to use.

DENA needs to throw us a bone on spirit motes though...it's ridiculous how hard they are to get compared to the others.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

Radiant Shield isn’t likely to hand you sub-30s, but it sure as hell helps with sub-60s. Curilla USB was great for the damage boost, the defense boost (it adds up with non-Savage Jet Fires, they were hitting for 1300 with all my mitigation) and the trickled damage from reflection. Sub-40 feels as good as I’ll get without playing insanely risky.

My best ice damage is Rinoa’s BSB2 so I wasn’t exactly looking for a sub 30 to begin with. A sub 60 would be a miracle.

I’m trying some new things now and then but I’ expecting absolutely nothing. Which is also the results I’ve gotten.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got a couple of gogo vi's super soul breaks from something or other and i've left them uncombined because even so they have the highest attack rating out of all my final fantasy 6 gear except for my double combined blood sword so they've got that going for them at least

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Almost forgot: Wednesday, I caved in and pulled on the FF14 banner because, even though I never played FF14, I love the game in RK (hell, my two biggest whaling sprees in this game were all due to FF14 - the first banner and Alphinaud’s debut). And I wanted Alphinaud’s USB since release. First pull, 4/11, no disco balls. Curtana dupe, Haurchefant LMR x2 and AN OFF-BANNER FF4 ASSASSIN’S DAGGER. Second pull... 5/11, THREE DISCO BALLS. Ended up with Haurchefant SSB, another Curtana, Minfilia USB, Estinien USB... and Alph’s USB. I don’t even remember ever drawing three 6*s in a row. I really fear for my luck on FFT’s next banner.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
:siren: FOUR DAYS UNTIL ORLANDEAU :siren:

:toot:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ceaselessfuture posted:

:siren: FOUR DAYS UNTIL ORLANDEAU :siren:

:toot:

:allears:

Can't wait to whale and not get his UUOSUODBBDSB or whatever!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i just want assault saber

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I have 4-5 pulls saved up for 6 months specifically for this, which means I'm definitely going 5 alma lmr/55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I have 4-5 pulls saved up for 6 months specifically for this, which means I'm definitely going 5 alma lmr/55

At least Alma's LMR isn't bad. Like, if you were to zonk on LMRs, it would've been Arc's on the OK banner. A MBlink proc on someone with a doublecast white LM2 is at least respectable CM fodder at its worst.

The real zonk on the banner is 5 Alma SSB/55. Or Marche BSB. Some combination of the two.

• Locked thread