Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Because I'm trying to draw a piece where a humanoid figure is the focal point and I still suck at anatomy.

Hands are hard.

wtf did they do to that MvC game to make it bomb so hard?
1) ugly as hell
2) terrible marketing that actively insulted both the playerbase and the casual fans ("Nobody knows who wolverine or magneto is")
3) terrible roster (90% of the roster is recycled from marvel vs capcom 3, what few new characters there aren't huge pulls for the most part, missing popular and prominent MCU characters like Loki, Star Lord, Black Widow)
4) Incredibly low effort (Spider-Man has a super where the Green Goblin attacks him and he redirects the attack into the enemy, instead of actually modeling or animating the green goblin or even giving him a voice spider man just says GREEN GOBLIN!? and then some bombs teleport on screen)
5) the community outreach guy is a racist who yells at black people about fried chicken
6) multiple playtesters tried to use their months with the game to win tournaments, got eliminated, then called the game poo poo
7) the first few tournaments they ran all had massive issues with both getting people to even show up and with the organizational side of things
8) A marketing guy accidentally leaked a video meant for shareholders that talked about the fighting game community in super cynical terms, poo poo like "We can exploit EVO in order to drive up revenue" and drew a direct line of "fighting game players are free advertisement for our products"
9) The game launched with tons of incredibly easy to execute infinites that basically made the game unplayable in a competitive sense ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEbegl8Zxw ) until they were patched out
10) dragon ball fighterz launched its beta the day it released, and that game is basically doing everything right in comparison
11) characters already in the game's story mode and clearly modeled and completed (black panther, monster hunter) were DLC, when the game already had a barebones, lazy roster
12) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7WOOxs1RVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
MVC also fits in with Lawbreakers, Brink, and Bad Rats in that none of them are on the EVO lineup.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Put no money into it, made it ugly as hell and, most importantly, didn't use any of the characters on the Fox side of MCU so no X-Men or Deadpool (or Fantastic Four but no one really cared about them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVTrCgyW3MY

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

(or Fantastic Four but no one really cared about them)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
While people don't like the title characters of F4 that also means Marvel video games miss out on Doom and Surfer that people do like.

And of course best character Moleman.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

While people don't like the title characters of F4 that also means Marvel video games miss out on Doom and Surfer that people do like.

And of course best character Moleman.
people like the thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I remember when Dr. Doom cried after hearing about 9/11

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
capcom: we are glad to announce that after much demand from fans, we are now adding a new character from the fantastic four to marvel vs capcom

*adds the one woman from the fantastic four cartoon who inexplicably had a story arc around her having human torch powers for no reason for like three episodes*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Endorph posted:

people like the thing

I like that they stuck him the Guardians of the Galaxy comics now.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

capcom: we are glad to announce that after much demand from fans, we are now adding a new character from the fantastic four to marvel vs capcom

*adds the one woman from the fantastic four cartoon who inexplicably had a story arc around her having human torch powers for no reason for like three episodes*
They should add HERBIE instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I probably would have played MVCI if Squirrel Girl were in it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Internet Kraken posted:

Because I'm trying to draw a piece where a humanoid figure is the focal point and I still suck at anatomy.

Hands are hard.

I know those feels

The Colonel posted:

That is the character Nova, one of the lamest heralds of Galactus.

No not the cool rocket man space cop with the ridiculous bucket helmet

Gonna go ahead and say that it’s super sad that no one likes the Fantastic Four anymore just because they had like three terrible movies, because they have a giant cosmic man who eats planets and an insane foreign dictator science magician in creepy armor as villains and those guys rule

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I probably would have played MVCI if Squirrel Girl were in it

Would be very unbalanced

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Man I wonder how much of the younger generation that hasn't played Mario 3 just got completely stumped on what to do here

This chapter has been a ton of fun platforming wise compared to the hotel, but I'm at a point where the path diverges into like 8 different directions and there's no clear indicator of which one is the "main" path and I want to find all the side strawberries first before continuing.

This chapter has a lot of very fast platforming which is a ton of fun though

edit: Also does the thing you collect here do... anything?

Gosh dang Golden Ridge is so pretty

When you're at branches, just remember that you're climbing a mountain and so generally want to move upwards

Also hearts are needed to unlock various parts of Chapter 8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

They should add HERBIE instead.

Actually they should add Magneto from that episode of the cartoon where he shows up in his flying metal car that he uses to taunt people who drive regular cars and then he goes and takes over the fantastic four so that he can taunt them with his magnetism powers and then reed tricks him into thinking his powers have disappeared by pointing a wooden gun at him and magneto panicking when his magnetism didn't work on the wood

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Whoah what the hell kinda fuckery happened that it posted 3 times

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It’s that good. It is an image of Magneto being jailed for the crime of being a dick about his car.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:same:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Actually he seems to be in the middle of being a dick about his car there.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

THE POWER OF MAGNETISM.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Looper posted:

Gosh dang Golden Ridge is so pretty

When you're at branches, just remember that you're climbing a mountain and so generally want to move upwards

Also hearts are needed to unlock various parts of Chapter 8

Hmmm so this heart, which is blue, I got from the normal stage, but the other heart I have, a pink/red one I got from the first chapter’s B-Side. Are there B-Side and regular hearts or do some B-Sides award something else?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Magneto is unstoppable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nachos posted:

MGS4 is the true test of whether someone's a metal gear fan or not. If you don't like it then you're just a pretender.

Amen if you don't have tears in your eyes at the end of the Shadow Moses return or during the shirtless old men fist/hug fight then get the gently caress outta my face

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow I can't believe Before the Storm is trying to end on a happy not-*skips credits* gently caress

E: is the bonus episode not out or am I blind?

Out of curiosity, what'd you think of it? Better, worse, or about the same as the first game?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

It is getting trashed in recent reviews for having no players. I guess this is an unrecoverable downward spiral?

thats what happens when you make super derivative non-f2p game in a market that has been completely saturated without doing a single new or interesting thing. How many loving 5 v 5 fps games exist right now? Does anyone really think they'll unseat overwatch/counterstrike/COD?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"It's like Overwatch except without the anime bullshit"

Turns out people like anime bullshit, I guess

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MGS4 is loving terrible

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Update on my recycling bin: it was mysteriously returned this morning.

We may never know who took it or why...

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Update on my recycling bin: it was mysteriously returned this morning.

We may never know who took it or why...

maybe it got stuck in the recycling truck

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always forget to empty mine then it's like 12GB

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

i replayed the first act of metal gear solid 4 the other week; it's still good but the framerate is way worse than i remember. snake eater remains the best metal gear.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i cried at mgs4 when Otacon looks down at Sunny, then stoically off into the distance and says "Snake.....Snake's had a hard life"

e: the best metal gear is tied for MGS1, MGS2 or MGS3. I cannot decide. I love them all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Hmmm so this heart, which is blue, I got from the normal stage, but the other heart I have, a pink/red one I got from the first chapter’s B-Side. Are there B-Side and regular hearts or do some B-Sides award something else?

Every stage has a heart. A stages are hidden and B stages are at the end. You'll need them all to play all the levels.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's still incredible to me that nobody has matched Kojima's achievement of telling an entire story over the course of 28 years across so many games, it's a seriously impressive achievement I wish got more recognition.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Kattykat posted:

i replayed the first act of metal gear solid 4 the other week; it's still good but the framerate is way worse than i remember. snake eater remains the best metal gear.

Frame rate on mgs3 is pretty spotty too. I mean, it's still a top 5 game all time so it's no worries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Regy Rusty posted:

Every stage has a heart. A stages are hidden and B stages are at the end. You'll need them all to play all the levels.

Ah well. I got some more searching in the first chapter to do then

• Locked thread