Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Current Bracket

Discord Server

Hey! HEY! You were out a long time. Glad we got you out of there. Your monitor said something about 'Illegal operation.' So I just rebooted it. What? Is that a problem? Wait. Net police? What the hell is an Data Raven? You gotta stop hanging out in those VRs. Hang on, somebody's at the door.
Who the hell are you! Get off me! I know my rig--

Hello, and welcome back to the Jinteki Goon League. Out host last time around had important obligations interrupt the running of the league. Rather than try to salvage it after more than a month, I'm going to launch a fresh round. This is a for-fun, semi-competitive tournament of Android: Netrunner conducted on Jinteki. This tournament is open to players of all skill levels and interest, even if you've never used Jinteki. We will require at least 8 players in order to conduct Swiss pairings. For this league all errata, the Most Wanted List 2.0, the Revised Core set, and rotation are all in effect as comprises a standard Netrunner tournament environment. This should be considered a friendly competition and players are free to tinker with or completely swap decks between rounds.

Pairings for the current round will be posted both here and on the Challonge sit. Round results should be reported in this thread and should indicate which competitor has Picked Up both games, Dropped both games, or Split one game each. I'll generally give everyone about a week to finish and report their rounds. If you wish to join, please post Jacking In below and I'll add you to the roster. Additionally, please post your Jinteki ID and Time Zone to make it easier to coordinate games.

Round 4 continues until a winner is certain.

Player Roster
code:
01. ZorajitZorajit        (Jinteki ID: Snowb0und)       Time Zone: CST (GMT -6)
02. CirclMastr            (Jinteki ID: circlmastr)      Time Zone: CST (GMT -6)
03. mitochondritom        (Jinteki ID: Wintermute)      Time Zone: GMT
04. Voodoofly             (Jinteki ID: Voodoofly)       Time Zone: PST (GMT -8)
05. Quidthulhu            (Jinteki ID: Quidthulhu)      Time Zone: PST (GMT -8)
06. berenzen              (Jinteki ID: Berenzen)        Time Zone: MST (GMT -7)
07. food court bailiff    (Jinteki ID: nekh)            Time Zone: CST (GMT -6) 
08. Elizabeth Mills       (Jinteki ID: WeylandCon)      Time Zone: PST (GMT -8)
09. PMush Perfect         (Jinteki ID: PMushPerfect)    Time Zone: PST (GMT -8)
Pairings
code:
01. Elizabeth Mills    vs.    mitochondritom
XX. CirclMastr         vs.    berenzen
03. PMush Perfect      vs.    food court baliff
XX. ZorajitZorajit     vs.    Voodoofly
BYE: Quidthulhu 
Standings
code:
01. ZorajitZorajit        (Tournament Points: 18)    4-2 W
02. CirclMastr            (Tournament Points: 15)    5-3
02. Voodoofly             (Tournament Points: 15)    3-3 W
02. mitochondritom        (Tournament Points: 15)    1-1 BW
03. berenzen              (Tournament Points: 12)    4-4
04. Elizabeth Mills       (Tournament Points: 09)    3-1 C
04. food court bafliff    (Tournament Points: 09)    0-2 BS
04. Quidthulhu            (Tournament Points: 09)    0-2 CSB
05. PMush Perfect         (Tournament Points: 06)    0-2 CB

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Jacking in as circlmastr in CST.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Jacking in once more! I am Wintermute on Jinteki.net and follow GMT time. The original and best time.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Jacking In as Voodoofly on jnet. PST time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Jacking in as Quidthulhu in PST!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Jacking In As Berenzen in MST

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Jacking in as nekh, CST

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jacking In as WeylandCon on j.net obvs, in God's Own Timezone, PST

I didn't see it in the OP, but there's a Chrome plugin called Jankteki that does a couple neat things, including ersatz friendlist support

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Rebooting... Jacking In...

PMushPerfect
PST

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
PAIRINGS!!!

Thanks to everyone who has signed up. Round 1 results are due before 10:00pm CST, 7 February (0400 8-Feb-2018). If you experience any difficulties, please contact me by any means you wish. Last, a polite reminder that making an effort to make the time to get your games in. Missed games mean unrepresentative results and dry up the league. I'm very excited to be playing Netrunner again and hope you are too.

Round 1
code:
01.     Quidthulhu         vs.    ZorajitZorajit
02.     PMush Perfect      vs.    CirclMastr
03.     berenzen           vs.    food court bailiff
04.     Elizabeth Mills    vs.    Voodoofly
BYE:    mitochondritom
PS. Apologies to mitochondritom, I had really hoped to find a tenth player. If we have a late entrant, I'll make arrangements to allow that person to play instead of having a bye. Also, Challonge may not be accurately reflecting this, but I'll deal with that a little later.

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 8, 2018

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Don't worry, I don't mind the bye. I am the only GMT person anyway so my games will be the most annoying to schedule!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Voodoofly and I Runner Split.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I swept PMush. IG did its thing against Smoke, and my Smoke narrowly avoided having PU do its thing.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I picked up over Quidthulhu. Thanks for the games!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I picked up over Quidthulhu. Thanks for the games!

Thank you, my friend! Thanks for your patience with my Jinteki & rules idiocy :)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Berenzen beat me 2-0. :allears: I love this dumb game.

(Major thanks to Berenzen for showing me how to like...actually use Breakers and stuff on Jinteki. Sorry I'm so dumb!)

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Big thanks to everyone for getting your games in. So, moving on to round 2 PAIRINGS!!!

Results are due before 10:00pm CST, 14 February. Best of luck!

Round 2
code:
01.     Quidthulhu        vs.    Voodoofly
02.     CirclMastr        vs.    Elizabeth Mills
03.     mitochondritom    vs.    PMush Perfect
04.     berenzen          vs.    ZorajitZorajit
BYE:    food court bailiff
A short aside regarding bye's and resultant pairings. I don't know if this has changed, never came up, or I didn't notice it; but Challonge treats byes (including first round byes) differently than FFG's tournament rules recommend. For future leagues, I may investigate other schedulers. For the remaining rounds, however, I'll continue to use Challonge for consistency.

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 8, 2018

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Round 2
code:

03.     mitochondritom    vs.    PMush Perfect

I've sent you a PM on the Discord server PMush.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I promise not to play Jinteki this round.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

I promise not to play Jinteki this round.

Sweet, I can side out Caldera and feedback filter

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Quidthulhu posted:

Thank you, my friend! Thanks for your patience with my Jinteki & rules idiocy :)

Quid let me know what times works best for you. You can PM me or send me a DM on discord.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Berenzen and I split corps in a pair of very enjoyable games!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I swept Cirlmastr 2-0, with Smoke/Seidr(!!)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

In my defense, the Seidr game was a timed loss due to the jinteki.net servers going down.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Voodoofly posted:

Quid let me know what times works best for you. You can PM me or send me a DM on discord.

Hey bud, just wanted to chime in that this weekend and beginning of this week have been stupid crazy for me, but I should be around in the evening tomorrow if you want to try to get our games in.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Quidthulhu posted:

Hey bud, just wanted to chime in that this weekend and beginning of this week have been stupid crazy for me, but I should be around in the evening tomorrow if you want to try to get our games in.

Yeah, let me know roughly what time works for you

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
With two unreported games this round, I'm giving an extension until 10:00pm CST, Sunday 18 February. Apologies for imposing on anyone's schedules.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

With two unreported games this round, I'm giving an extension until 10:00pm CST, Sunday 18 February. Apologies for imposing on anyone's schedules.

Yes, sorry about ours so far. My opponent appears to have been ill and we have re-scheduled our games for this coming weekend.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Quidthulhu posted:

Hope your week has calmed down. Let me know if a time works for you today

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I meant to get mine in today but I'm still not feeling great, so I'm just gonna concede for this round.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m gonna concede my match too. Just got too much going on this week, yeesh!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Rounds 3
It is likely there will be a confirmed winner after this round. Apologies for the inconsistencies running this event.
code:
01. CirclMastr            vs.    Mitochondritom
02. food court bailiff    vs.    Quidthulhu
03. Elizabeth Mills       vs.    ZorajitZorajit
04. berenzen              vs.    Voodoofly
BYE: Pmush Perfect

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Voodoofly and I Corp Split. He supermodernized me with boom before I could get misdirection down, and I did Palana things and glaciered his Adam out.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Mitochondritom and I runner split. Because Skorp is not competitive no matter who plays it.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Hey all, there is a new MWL here. For the purpose of this event, this is not in effect for the duration of this round (the curiosities of recording one game a week being what they are.) But will be in effect if there is no clear winner before round 4 (and obviously will be in effect in possible future goon leagues.)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I've just been mondo swamped between starting a new job and still having a pretty significant side gig plus D3 season 13 starting, so enjoy your sweep, Zorajit²

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Please find round four pairings below. I apologize again to everyone that has had scheduling difficulties getting their matches in, but thank eveeryone for participating.

Pairings
code:
01. Elizabeth Mills    vs.    mitochondritom
02. CirclMastr         vs.    berenzen
03. PMush Perfect      vs.    food court baliff
04. ZorajitZorajit     vs.    Voodoofly
BYE: Quidthulhu 

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Apologies to Quidthulhu (and ZZ!) for missing our last match - I finally got to play NR in real life with real people on Saturday and it owned and then Sunday when we had talked about getting our games in I was sick like a dog.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I swept berenzen. Maxx with Hacktivist wasn't enough hate to stop CI, and EStrike Sunny kept Palana too poor to rez anything taxing enough to overcome drip econ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'd just like to apologize in general because my life has been ridiculously crazy the last couple of weeks and I had I known that, I wouldn't have wasted everyone's time!

• Locked thread