Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm sure Atlanta or Chicago would love to have him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
so much of this seems like low-level chair shuffling

what could the pelicans possibly see in Vaughn? I know Brooklyn picked him up because he had his best game ever vs. them
https://www.basketball-reference.co...r_by=game_score
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201610290MIL.html

but he's not a good player and neither is Cunningham

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So, any chance we got anything else interesting coming in after the deadline?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Trading for Payton is extremely Suns.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
So Charlotte really gave up two second-rounders so Hernangomez could ride their bench instead, very weird

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

So, any chance we got anything else interesting coming in after the deadline?

Still think Tyreke gets moved

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so were the Clippers asking too much for DJ? what even happened there

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The two guys Kings fans wanted instead of SAUCE got dumped for second rounders...SAUCE still sucked though

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The Glumslinger posted:

Smart decision

I think so, but only because I'm insanely high on Ntilikina to the point where I wish he was on a good team instead because the Knicks are going to wreck him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm I guess Tyreke isn't being moved. :iiam:

What is Memphis doing

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It was gonna take Frank for Knicks to get Peyton, but the Sun's got him for a 2nd

:thunk:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Still think Tyreke gets moved

No way, all signs point to them doubling down with what they've got. They're nuts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

No way, all signs point to them doubling down with what they've got. They're nuts

Yeah what the hell

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Crazy Ted posted:

But one would think that a passable NBA starting PG could fetch more than a second-round draft pick.

I mean, he's passable on a bad team, that's about it. He's still on a rookie deal so there's not a lot you can do with salary matching. First rounds are like gold these days, and I don't know what players would be viable for Orlando to actually get back from Pheonix.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/961691684248662016

memphis got ainge'd

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961692147379523586

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

desired-to-the-point-of-sin does seem like a stretch, but I'm still thinking Shabazz is a Lance Stephenson who has yet to to find his Pacers. This is based on nothing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

desired-to-the-point-of-sin does seem like a stretch, but I'm still thinking Shabazz is a Lance Stephenson who has yet to to find his Pacers. This is based on nothing.
Shabazz can be an efficient bench scorer & wing rebounder. That's basically it. The dude has averaged exactly one assist per 36 minutes over the course of his career.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah Danny kept them on the line long enough for the deadline to pass, hoping they might buy him out

euphronius posted:

Yeah what the hell

What a league!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess Memphis didn't want 2019 money coming back ?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Everyone pretending like the buyouts are going to be some hot market when it's actually going to be Joe Johnson and Marco Bellinelli is pretty funny.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad the cleveland lebron james of who i am a lifelong fan are now the nba champions

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Crazy Ted posted:

Shabazz can be an efficient bench scorer & wing rebounder. That's basically it. The dude has averaged exactly one assist per 36 minutes over the course of his career.
It's ridiculous, like, IDK why the rest of his team doesn't just get back on defense if he takes a pass, he's like a black hole with a left hookshot. Also when asked by reporters about how he can get more minutes he never mentions anything besides scoring. His defense is atrocious and he thinks the ONLY way to contribute on the floor is scoring. Ridiculous. Was excited when he decided to come back for the vet minimum, but he can totally leave now, I'm fine with that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

God I love NBA Twitter

https://twitter.com/sreekyshooter/status/961692591040299013

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Everyone pretending like the buyouts are going to be some hot market when it's actually going to be Joe Johnson and Marco Bellinelli is pretty funny.

I think Tyreke's production is flukey (he's already trending downwards bigtime in several areas, 3 pt shooting being the main thing) and I'm not bothered at all that the Celtics didn't give up something substantial to get him. Not that I would mind him being on the team or anything

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Now the Suns have two guys on the roster whose hair gets in the way of their shooting motion

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I can't wait to tell my wife that the guy who looks like one of the Snorks got traded today.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Tristan Thompson
Larry Nance Jr.
JR Smith
George Hill
Rodney Hood
Cedi Osman
Kyle Korver
Jeff Green
Jordan Clarkson
Jose Calderon
Ante Zizic

Nifft fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 8, 2018

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Someone should photoshop that ball into Lakers colors or jersey but not me I don't do that sort of thing

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Looks like LeBron's stickin around the land, eh folks?? :buddy:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I wish they could have moved Devin Booker to a team worth watching.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Now the Suns have two guys on the roster whose hair gets in the way of their shooting motion

using this as an excuse to repost this

https://streamable.com/o7xt2

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

scuz posted:

Looks like LeBron's stickin around the land, eh folks?? :buddy:

Nope.

This is about the future.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

using this as an excuse to repost this

https://streamable.com/o7xt2

am i old for thinking it just looks incredibly stupid anyway

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

no

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Nope.

This is about the future.
Yeah, I meant it in a half-joking kinda way. I think it'd be cool if he stayed but there's such a small chance of that happening, but the Cavs had a pretty good day.

Ghost Dog posted:

newp :respek:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

EvanTH posted:

so much of this seems like low-level chair shuffling

what could the pelicans possibly see in Vaughn? I know Brooklyn picked him up because he had his best game ever vs. them
https://www.basketball-reference.co...r_by=game_score
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201610290MIL.html

but he's not a good player and neither is Cunningham

It gives the Pels more $ to spend on the buyout market.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Biggest L: Grizzlies or Kings?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gently caress YOU CHRIS WALLACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Interested to see who Masai has in mind for the buyout deal, maybe Evans or Ilyasova?

• Locked thread