Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
my operator's special power is putting more bullets in their guns because they are cool and unique. also, they still get a gadget.

....hey, wait a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Perestroika posted:

An attacker who is literally just this thing:

Hella guns but stymied by stairs.

Sentient Tachanka gun

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Canadian defender who pours maple syrup on the floor for area denial.

Mexican attacker who can use "tactical siesta" to reduce his heart rate and be undetectable to pulse.

American attacker who distracts enemies with bad political opinions and can take pills to OD if he's downed so he can't be interrogated by Cav.

Hong Kong attacker who can slow down time and dual wield, with tactical doves that can fly around the map and mark enemies.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Danknificent posted:

Canadian defender who pours maple syrup on the floor for area denial.

Buck immune for no reason

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

mp5 posted:

Buck immune for no reason

Knowing this game, the lore would state his father was a maple syrup farmer.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Basticle posted:

Knowing this game, the lore would state his father was a maple syrup farmer.

Meanwhile Ash is twice as susceptible because her sister died in a freak maple syrup accident.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

There aren't any Australian (SASR) operators yet.

Maybe Dropbear can hide on ceilings.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Pretty sure even Chaos Theory had thermal vision that could look through walls at a few dozen metres distance and a full-on invisibility suit. :v:

Eh? The thermal vision is true, but I'm not sure what you're talking about, regarding the invisibility suit. :confused: Are you somehow thinking of MGS4, perhaps?

Danknificent posted:

Mexican attacker who can use "tactical siesta" to reduce his heart rate and be undetectable to pulse.

This is the best suggestion I've heard. :D However he also has to have a comically-oversized sombrero that he tips forward to cover his face, when performing his trademark tactical siesta. (Also, his backstory would need to tie in one of the Spanish operators. Like, him and Jackal became best friends after they had a chance encounter at a chilli-eating competition, while Jackal was on holiday in Mexico)

EDIT:

Zomborgon posted:

There aren't any Australian (SASR) operators yet.

Maybe Dropbear can hide on ceilings.

Judging from how we're portrayed in such a stereotypical way in Rising Storm 2, that doesn't sound so bad! :v: The defender would need to have an Owen gun though, with the old-style firing mechanism, where you pull the trigger once and it'll rattle off the whole magazine. They'll also need to wear tactical slouch hats, of course.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 9, 2018

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Any Australian Operator will have a permanent concussion effect on them, as all Rainbow Six wargame operations occur immediately after Australia Day weekend.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Any Australian Operator will have a permanent concussion effect on them, as all Rainbow Six wargame operations occur immediately after Australia Day weekend.

The attacker gets an Australian flag cape, that, when paired with his special gadget (a slab of VB under one arm) temporarily boosts his physical capabilities and reduces the amount of damage he takes. This allows him to run through the defender's positions, shouting obscenities and racial slurs, (while also discarding empty bottles, making him easier to follow/track) as he runs past into the objective room and glasses the nearest defender with his one of his now-empty bottles.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 9, 2018

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Clearly the Australian defender would just put spiders all over the loving place.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
them and the egyptian operator that releases scarab beetle swarms through drone holes have the highest AoE damage in the game

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Major Isoor posted:

Eh? The thermal vision is true, but I'm not sure what you're talking about, regarding the invisibility suit. :confused: Are you somehow thinking of MGS4, perhaps?

Spies vs Mercs had it. I remember this because if you were playing on an Xbox 360, an emulation glitch made players using optic camo have a bright green outline around them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Tumble posted:

Clearly the Australian defender would just put spiders all over the loving place.

Or could use a spider-suit to stick to walls and cealings. I mean if magnet boots were on the next attacker, I'd be cool with that. Limited use, but only drains if you walk, meaning you can't go to extremely high places like main lobby ceiling in Bank, but you can pretend to be Batman in other places forever. Fall damage still applies, unless you land exactly on someone, then he gets full damage and you get half.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really think there should be a defender with some kind of grappling hook mechanics.

It would be even cooler if they could climb up walls, stick to them and then being able to fire from that position. Losing all mobility but gaining advantage of being able to ambush from very unexpected angles.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jack Trades posted:

I really think there should be a defender with some kind of grappling hook mechanics.

It would be even cooler if they could climb up walls, stick to them and then being able to fire from that position. Losing all mobility but gaining advantage of being able to ambush from very unexpected angles.

Agreed. Also, she should have a sniper rifle that she has to charge up to do full damage.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Australian operator should have a homing boomerang as the special for attacker. Defender should be a randomly dropped creature (spider/croc/snake) that will attack teammates or enemy mercilessly. Both naturally need crocodile Dundee hat with random voice lines like "you call that a knoyfe mate" after you knife someone.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Agreed. Also, she should have a sniper rifle that she has to charge up to do full damage.

We've got enough French operators as is.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Kikas posted:

Or could use a spider-suit to stick to walls and cealings. I mean if magnet boots were on the next attacker, I'd be cool with that. Limited use, but only drains if you walk, meaning you can't go to extremely high places like main lobby ceiling in Bank, but you can pretend to be Batman in other places forever. Fall damage still applies, unless you land exactly on someone, then he gets full damage and you get half.

Well, of couse they have magboots, otherwise they'd just fall off the underside of the planet.

tjones
May 13, 2005
How they haven't added a flying mini quadcopter drone yet confuses me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

tjones posted:

How they haven't added a flying mini quadcopter drone yet confuses me.

Well...

There's Yokai?

tjones
May 13, 2005
Not the same IMO. It's basically a normal drone that can't jump but can stick to ceilings.

Besides, dive bombing operators pretending to be a pissed off mosquito while darting off and zipping through the level like some crazy x wing canyon run reenactment would be amazing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

New Tachanka Elite skin has been leaked.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Jack Trades posted:

New Tachanka Elite skin has been leaked.

Your kidding me right

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8gWA9m3Fc

SMP
May 5, 2009

I would pay stupid amounts of money for year 4 to just be Cobra Unit holy poo poo.

THE FEAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

tjones
May 13, 2005
Next operator planned for release will read your pc browser history and/or files and game saves and makes fun of you in game based on the incriminating evidence it finds.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Fear skin for Caviar and The End skin for Glaz.

The Sorrow needs to be a totally new operator though.
His ability would be doing a guilt trip ghost attack that is more effective the more kills opponent has. Doing nothing at all against opponents that haven't managed to kill anyone.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The ultimate hard counter to folks that turbo carry and get 15+ kills a game.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

This version is even better than the one UBI US uploaded

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Aussie operator has self-revive Vegemite sandwich

edit: or just smears vegemite on his wounds

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Aussie Op would be immune to melee attacks, with the ability to demoralize OP4s choice of Knife for not being "A Knife"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Aussie Op would be immune to melee attacks, with the ability to demoralize OP4s choice of Knife for not being "A Knife"

What, does he wield a spoon? :v:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I love that the American views for a Straya operator are basically Spiders/Sharks/Knives, whilst the actual Aussies are ‘alcoholism lol’.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
A new movie on Netflix popped up called '6 Days', about the 1980 Iranian embassy siege in London. It goes into the negotiations and, more importantly to this thread, the tactical planning and ensuing assault.

The movie itself is decent, but you guys will probably enjoy it more.

The stuff the SAS wears in this game were directly inspired by this siege. There was even a sledgehammer guy!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Actually a real Aussie Operator would have an ability that locks all brown skinned enemy ops in a hell island with no food and water until the end of the round.

"I grew here, you flew here."

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Tumble posted:

The stuff the SAS wears in this game were directly inspired by this siege. There was even a sledgehammer guy!

:allears:

lol these things are supposedly incredibly expensive to make but i'm glad we're getting more tachanka instead of actual intro vids to existing ops

i like how they're making Ash the Ding Chavez of this game. also is that her elite skin? when they give it away for free she'll join Blackbeard to start the group of "welp this one's finished" category for operators that are officially past their prime but still own when someone decides to main them and carry their team

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm getting better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Shockeh posted:

I love that the American views for a Straya operator are basically Spiders/Sharks/Knives, whilst the actual Aussies are ‘alcoholism lol’.

Why not both?