Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Alexa have <clap clap clap> legitimate grievances?
This poll is closed.
Yes, she's right and Kurt Angle is a sexist. :colbert: 23 23.71%
No, she's just looking for an out to escape a beating :mad: 4 4.12%
It can be both, you goddamn idiot. :bang: 30 30.93%
THE BIG DOG! :smugdog: 40 41.24%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

You're being awfully generous to the tag scene that involves Breeze and Fandango getting themselves over to ultimately become (or stay) jobbers, the only heel team getting swept in a 2 out of 3 falls match, and giving New Day nothing tag related to do most weeks.

They're not the only heel team, there's The Colons.... err I mean Rusev Day... wait I mean....

There we go, those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Mixed Match Challenge got really weird

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

You're being awfully generous to the tag scene that involves Breeze and Fandango getting themselves over to ultimately become (or stay) jobbers, the only heel team getting swept in a 2 out of 3 falls match, and giving New Day nothing tag related to do most weeks.

They're not the only heel team, there's The Colons.... err I mean Rusev Day... wait I mean....

There we go, those two.

Also I like how the top 10 list is supposed to be a popularity vote between wrestlers but it has Shinsuke who has kneed everyone in the face and Randy Orton who has betrayed, punted, or RKOed the entire roster. Also no Jinder despite having a singh brother to vote for him, no Rusev even with a Lana vote, and no riott squad members. This list would be more believable in-story if Two Paws was on it. They shoulda had Baron Corbin be #1 and he turns face because he realizes the lone wolf doesn't have to be lonely anymore :unsmith:

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 8, 2018

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Blaise330 posted:

Also I like how the top 10 list is supposed to be a popularity vote between wrestlers but it has Shinsuke who has kneed everyone in the face and Randy Orton who has betrayed, punted, or RKOed the entire roster. Also no Jinder despite having a singh brother to vote for him, no Rusev even with a Lana vote, and no riott squad members. This list would be more believable in-story if Two Paws was on it.

The top 10 list is entirely faces for some reason. I get that heels aren’t liked by the faces is supposed to be a thing but did the heels vote for the faces too? Seems like they should get some representation. Also it just being a kayfabe power ranking (for faces) rather than an underpushed list seems to make it a complete waste of time insofar as using it for giving out opportunities.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I wonder who The Ascension voted for.

"DO YOU HATE GLUTEN?" Shinsuke: *shrugs*

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
drat just realized, with enough mid card shuffling we can get Face Ziggler vs Heel Rusev again

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
:psyduck:

I'm listening to Wrestling Observer Live right now and Dave and Bryan are so goddamn clueless about how YouTube's viewer algorithm works. "Hey if you watch even a second of a video it counts as a view for it!!!"

(YouTube doesn't count it as a view unless you watch a certain percentage of the video)

This is all over the Mixed Match Challenge, by the way.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 8, 2018

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

dsriggs posted:

I was going for more of a “start a big new thing for booking challengers, then forget it in a week” thing, but you’re right too. :)

“Well we made a contender list and the champion is number 1 so

wait why the gently caress did we do this”

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm listening to Wrestling Observer Live right now and Dave and Bryan are so goddamn clueless about how YouTube's viewer algorithm works. "Hey if you watch even a second of a video it counts as a view for it!!!"

(YouTube doesn't count it as a view unless you watch a certain percentage of the video)

I'm sure 30 people are already tweeting them a "well actually..."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Facebook is 3 seconds to count as a view.

Dave also doesn't know it's US only.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jason Kelce, center for the Eagles, just cut the damndest promo i’ve ever seen at any championship parade.

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/961699919105998848

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

NBC Universal owns USA Network. So don't hold your breath for two hour RAWS under them. :v:

In other news, WWE has promoted George Barrios and Michelle Wilson to a Co-President position.

For those who don't remember George, he's the guy with the really weird forehead.

(yes, that is his actual picture)

I thought for sure you were joking so I went to check it out myself and holy poo poo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Phenix Rising posted:

I thought for sure you were joking so I went to check it out myself and holy poo poo

I don't know why, but the picture screams "toxx avatar punishment" at some point.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He should go on tv and take some piledrivers in an attempt to pound his head into a normal shape

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

projecthalaxy posted:

He should go on tv and take some piledrivers in an attempt to pound his head into a normal shape

Taker gets him up then gets a really nervous look on his face

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gonz posted:

Jason Kelce, center for the Eagles, just cut the damndest promo i’ve ever seen at any championship parade.

He was channeling Scott Steiner and it owned

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

projecthalaxy posted:

I can't decide if he has a bizarre head or he's just sporting the worst hairpiece in human history.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Timby posted:

I can't decide if he has a bizarre head or he's just sporting the worst hairpiece in human history.

This is a man who has no idea how a haircut works

In this one he's showing everyone how big his forehead actually is

He's a modern loving marvel

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That is one bad toupee

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wildphire/status/961713219286061056
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/961713410176987136

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Okay. I'm starting a suicide pact. Who wants in?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think Dave might be doing what is known as a joke, folks. Holster those guns

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gonz posted:

Okay. I'm starting a suicide pact. Who wants in?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gonz posted:

drat this is great.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Aphrodite posted:

Facebook is 3 seconds to count as a view.

Dave also doesn't know it's US only.

He definitely does as he was arguing with people on twitter about it like a week ago. When he talked about the viewership going down every episode someone pointed this out and he had the classic Dave sarcasm ready with "and the population of the USA has decreased by 33% each week since this started"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus loving Christ Shane :sigh:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Honestly ppvs between rumble and mania are a terrible idea

The main event should be clear after rumble and built towards.

:agreed:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a friendly reminder the head booker of Smackdown is Road Dogg. If there is anything the past few months of Smackdown has shown me, its that Road Dogg is one of the worst bookers in WWE right now. If not the worst.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YA SEE NORMALLY YOU HAVE A 50-50 CHANCE OF NOT WANTING TO KILL YOURSELF

BUT STEPHANIE MCMAHON KNOWS

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Smackdown loving sucks

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a friendly reminder the head booker of Smackdown is Road Dogg. If there is anything the past few months of Smackdown has shown me, its that Road Dogg is one of the worst bookers in WWE right now. If not the worst.

Hmmm gotta add someone to this title match, but who should it be?

*crowd chants wildly for Rusev for weeks, Shane acknowledges it on air*

I know, we'll give it to the white hot Dolph Ziggler, who literally just abandoned the last title that he won.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a reminder that Road Dogg is not a booker of anything. He is the head writer, and that Vince still books the show, particularly the PPV main events. Road Dogg heads up a committee to write the terrible dialogue that glues these dumb matches together.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

After Dolph abandons the WWE title after winning it, when is he expected to fight Brock or the Big Dog and win the Universal title: before or after Summerslam?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You can tell that the road dogg is not the boss of smackdown by how he isnt the tag champion.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

why does no aspect of smackdown make any god drat sense

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I'm still waiting for this post-Jinder title run "Smackdown is good again" thing I was ensured would happen

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

CubsWoo posted:

I'm still waiting for this post-Jinder title run "Smackdown is good again" thing I was ensured would happen

Slight misunderstanding, it was Tuesday nights that were made good again now that 205 Live is the A show and the MMC is the A+ show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Road Dogg found a way to minimize AJ's presence on the show and get him wrestling as few matches as possible. Kudos.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

You can tell that the road dogg is not the boss of smackdown by how he isnt the tag champion.

Road Dogg loving sucks

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Just a reminder that Road Dogg is a snowflake bitch who will immediately block you on Twitter if you dare give him any criticism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At the risk of extremely mild hyperbole, whoever came up with the idea for text graphics during promos should be brutally beaten with a firehose in front of their children.

• Locked thread