Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Counterpoint: Kojima nearly bankrupted Konami making a game who's main contribution to the over-arcing series story is that it fixes a plothole in a 30 year old MSX game.

Counter counterpoint: Kojima was done with the series after MGS3, it was Konami that gave him his own studio in 2005 and a blank check to keep pumping out games.

You give me infinite resources and zero accountability and within my lifetime I promise I will deliver the Thief and the Cobbler of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

Who gives a gently caress about what a game does for the overarcing plot of the series? Who judges a game's worth based on that?
If its really plot driven? People dislike Blood Omen 2 because it screwed up the main story of Legacy of Kain because Amy Henning wasn't involved for example.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought people didn't like Blood Omen 2 because it was a bad boring game

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I thought people didn't like Blood Omen 2 because it was a bad boring game
That too.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Endorph posted:

he showed off a t-shirt of godzilla destroying tokyo while laughing, a day after the tohoku earthquake

I want to believe it was an accident because Phil is too dumb to actually watch the news.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DSP puts together a annual compilation called My Most Racist Moments

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Accordion Man posted:

If its really plot driven? People dislike Blood Omen 2 because it screwed up the main story of Legacy of Kain because Amy Henning wasn't involved for example.

It's been a while but I don't think it affected the main plot at all? It was just a weird closed time loop that mostly existed to explain who the Hylden were or something.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Training posted:

DSP puts together a annual compilation called My Most Racist Moments

*pulls out streamer naughty list, comically unfurling 100 feet across the floor*

I wanted to believe in you, Phil.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Sakurazuka posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing

If so it's unintended because that's the coolest loving thing a VG director/producer has ever done

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Who gives a gently caress about what a game does for the overarcing plot of the series?

People who play 5+ games deep into a game series with a running story, and also you missed the point of that post.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

You give me infinite resources and zero accountability and within my lifetime I promise I will deliver the Thief and the Cobbler of video games.

i saw a screening of the cut of thief and the cobbler from right before richard williams got booted off and it was pretty solid

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

People who play 5+ games deep into a game series with a running story, and also you missed the point of that post.

No we got your point about Kojima being super cool and good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

has Kojima ever done anything cool enough to make up for Quiet fondling herself in the rain

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MGSV owned and I can’t wait for whatever the gently caress Death Stranding is going to be.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Reports from the making of The Shape of Water say that during production Guillermo Del Toro was walking around with a picture of the fish mans rear end in his wallet, asking everyone he could if it was attractive enough. So there is an almost absolute certainty that Kojima and GDT had very very long discussions about what a fish mans rear end should look like in order to get the ladies hot. Mads Mikkelson was probably in on a lot of them too.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i saw a screening of the cut of thief and the cobbler from right before richard williams got booted off and it was pretty solid

I think Williams is still working on his own personal cut which is currently up to "Recobbled Cut 4" on Vimeo. This has been going on for 40+ years.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Counterpoint: Kojima nearly bankrupted Konami making a game who's main contribution to the over-arcing series story is that it fixes a plothole in a 30 year old MSX game.

Konami is only there to launder money for the Yakuza, I really doubt they care what he spends.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

oddium posted:

god, hands on head, exasperated: even I didn't know he could own this hard !!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Really Pants posted:

has Kojima ever done anything cool enough to make up for Quiet fondling herself in the rain
He still has to make up for the vagina bomb and underage rape.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not really excited for Death Stranding right now but I hope it's good and comes out within the next like 3 years

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I see you just murdered a girl so sit down and let me tell you about Beauty and the Beast. These girls are hot. Like literally supermodel hot. But they're also victims of war so it's sad. Really, really sad. Break your heart sad. This one wore a suit from the skin of her family, camouflaging herself like an octopus. So sad. But hot.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

The path to enlightenment is to stop having feelings.

wisdom

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

al-azad posted:

I see you just murdered a girl so sit down and let me tell you about Beauty and the Beast. These girls are hot. Like literally supermodel hot. But they're also victims of war so it's sad. Really, really sad. Break your heart sad. This one wore a suit from the skin of her family, camouflaging herself like an octopus. So sad. But hot.

I'm fairly sure that's not how that movie goes

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Really Pants posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/358265892175495169?lang=en

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Accordion Man posted:

He still has to make up for the vagina bomb and underage rape.

Imagine hating Kojima so much that you invent underaged rape to own him

al-azad
May 28, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Don't listen to the tapes in Ground Zeroes if you don't want to ruin yourself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, while they don't go into specifics it's pretty obvious that's what happened to Paz before the start of Peace Walker.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

tap my mountain posted:

I didn't invent it, its pretty much what happens in Ground Zeroes with Chico and Paz.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

All the Paz poo poo is gross, but Paz is definitely not a minor during GZ

al-azad
May 28, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

All the Paz poo poo is gross, but Paz is definitely not a minor during GZ

GZ takes place months after Peace Walker. He's 13.

e: 13 at the oldest. He's 12 in Peace Walker.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not really excited for Death Stranding right now but I hope it's good and comes out within the next like 3 years

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oh duh, I forgot they tried to make him have sex with her.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Has this been discussed

https://twitter.com/_Erasu/status/961659131999543296

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They couldn’t have had him smile?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the US version

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Why didn't they give him an actual tomato instead of whatever is going on there

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Not a fan of a secret path in Area 4 of Celeste locking you out of a strawberry on the main path.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

al-azad posted:

GZ takes place months after Peace Walker. He's 13.

e: 13 at the oldest. He's 12 in Peace Walker.

tap my mountain posted:

Oh duh, I forgot they tried to make him have sex with her.

Sometimes Kojima writes brilliant, subversive stuff.

Sometimes he writes like an edge-lord high-schooler.

Guess which basket this one falls into :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Sometimes Kojima writes brilliant, subversive stuff.

Sometimes he writes like an edge-lord high-schooler.

Guess which basket this one falls into :(
He seems like the type of guy that really needs someone to rein him in. He had that for the first half of the MGS games with that one co-writer who I forgot the name of, and then... yeah.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 9, 2018

• Locked thread