Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coptic Pro Wrestling Champion for Jan. 2018
This poll is closed.
Brock Lesnar (WWE) 5 1.96%
Kazuchika Okada (NJPW) 31 12.16%
Marco Corleone (CMLL) 10 3.92%
Rey Wagner (AAA) 9 3.53%
Faby Apache (AAA) 6 2.35%
Miyu Yamashita (Tokyo Joshi Pro) 7 2.75%
Dalton Castle (ROH) 8 3.14%
Joe Doering (All Japan) 19 7.45%
Masashi Takeda (BJW) 9 3.53%
Travis Banks (PROGRESS) 6 2.35%
Toni Storm (PROGRESS/WXW) 8 3.14%
Lacey Lane (The Crash) 6 2.35%
Zack Sabre Jr. (RevPro) 14 5.49%
Jinny (RevPro) 7 2.75%
Kenoh (NOAH) 12 4.71%
Austin Aries (Impact) 5 1.96%
Allie (Impact) 9 3.53%
Chuck Taylor (PWG) 21 8.24%
Keith Lee (EVOLVE) 9 3.53%
Rey Fenix (AAW) 10 3.92%
Jessicka Havok (AAW) 7 2.75%
Hiragi Kurumi (Ice Ribbon) 8 3.14%
Nick Gage (GCW) 29 11.37%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The newly formed Rowdy Ringsports Grand Prix Coptic Championship Committee (RRSGPCCC) no longer endorses or recognizes the results of the monthly poll due to its inexcusable methodology and history of politically-motivated selections. A new poll is therefore necessary.

Holders of the men's and women's titles for the 25 most significant promotions in the world are eligible. Only the top title for each singles division is eligible for any given promotion. For a title-holder to be eligible, they must win or defend the belt during the month in question. A former title holder is not eligible if they only lost the title during that month.

Eligible promotions: WWE, New Japan, CMLL, Dragon Gate, AAA, DDT/Tokyo Joshi Pro, Ring of Honor, All Japan, Big Japan, PROGRESS, The Crash, RevPro, NOAH, Impact, PWG, WXW, EVOLVE, Lucha Underground, AAW, Stardom, Ice Ribbon, Sendai Girls, SHIMMER, CZW, GCW

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone, by order of promotion significance. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread!
  • Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) - defended against Braun Strowman & Kane on 1/28

• Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Tetsuya Naito on 1/4

• Marco Corleone (CMLL World Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Diamante Azul on 1/15

• Rey Wagner (AAA Mega Champion) - won from Johnny Mundo on 1/26

• Faby Apache (AAA Reina De Reinas Champion) - won from Lady Shani on 1/26

• Miyu Yamashita (TJP Princess of Princess Champion) - won from Reika Saiki on 1/4, defended against Veda Scott on 1/7

• Dalton Castle (ROH World Champion) - defended against Punishment Martinez on 1/20

• Joe Doering (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Zeus on 1/2

• Masashi Takeda (BJW Death Match Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Takumi Tsukamoto on 1/2

• Travis Banks (PROGRESS World Champion) - defended against Chris Brookes on 1/14 and TK Cooper on 1/28

• Toni Storm (PROGRESS Women's Champion) - defended against Chakara on 1/28
    (also wXw Women's Champion - won from Killer Kelly on 1/20, defended against Melanie Gray on 1/21)

• Lacey Lane (The Crash Women's Champion) - won from Keyra on 1/20

• Zack Sabre Jr. (RevPro British Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Martin Stone on 1/7

• Jinny (RevPro British Women's Champion) - won against Deonna Purrazzo on 1/7, defended against Bea Priestley & Millie McKenzie on 1/20

• Kenoh (GHC Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Kaito Kiyomiya on 1/6

• Austin Aries (Impact Global Champion) - won from Eli Drake on 1/10, defended against Eli Drake on 1/11, Johnny Impact on 1/12, Matt Sydal on 1/14

• Allie (Impact Knockouts Champion) - won from Laurel Van Ness on 1/12, defended against Sienna on 1/13

• Chuck Taylor (PWG World Champion) - won from Ricochet on 1/12

• Keith Lee (WWN Champion) - defended against Chris Dickinson on 1/14

• Rey Fenix (AAW Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Matt Riddle on 1/20

• Jessicka Havok (AAW Women's Champion) - defended against Scarlett Bordeaux and Kylie Rae on 1/20

• Hiragi Kurumi (Ice Ribbon ICEx∞ Champion) - defended against Nao DATE on 1/6

• Nick Gage (GCW Heavyweight Champion) - defended against Violento Jack on 1/20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

smh no Todo Loco, NECW Champion, no vote

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idk what that is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

okada

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

No NXT?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

only the top title in a promotion is eligible but we appreciate your inquiry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally I can vote for Nick Gage

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

only the top title in a promotion is eligible but we appreciate your inquiry

for fucks sake :rolleyes:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No Almas, no vote

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

good poll and it's appropriate that the first iteration looks to be coming down to the ace of japan vs. the ace of the us

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Someone update the awful.apk to show polls drat it!!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
A new offshoot thread and still no NXT. This is like everyone in WCW learning nothing and charging headlong into starting TNA. Thread sucks.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you didn't allow me to vote for the concept of "nobody" so I voted for Ellie, or Allie, or whatever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

based on the 1s i have discovered that only one person voted for everyone and that's bad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tato posted:

A new offshoot thread and still no NXT. This is like everyone in WCW learning nothing and charging headlong into starting TNA. Thread sucks.
Its because the NXT title is a fraud title by the fascist fed to swallow up the premier indie talent with false hopes of making a name for themselves in WWE as part of Paul's vanity project and to starve out the competition.

Did I guess right?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sombra owns and the match was great but one champ per promotion is fair. aj, minoru suzuki, and daichi hashimoto aren't eligble either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I watched an old WCW show on the Network the other day and the Mulkeys beat The Gladiators, which made them champions of my heart, so why aren't they on the poll?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

sombra owns and the match was great but one champ per promotion is fair. aj, minoru suzuki, and daichi hashimoto aren't eligble either.

I dare OP to tell Suzuki that he's not good enough for the poll.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

Honestly I thought this was a joke poll

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this took me like 90 minutes of work time!!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I dare OP to tell Suzuki that he's not good enough for the poll.

suzuki himself recognized this in his presser (make sure to click the caption button if it's not automatically on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0rEMw1434Y&t=217s

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 9, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly I thought this was a joke poll

Try voting for more than one person :ssh:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

You don't even have smilies for the candidates. This is the worst.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here’s a twist should the previous month’s winner always carry over even if they lost the title in the interim?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

losers kick rocks

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i think this is broken i cant vote for the ace of beyond the bad boy joey janela?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Thauros posted:

i'm fine with this it means a vote for brock becomes a vote for cien because why the gently caress is brock on this poll

like if the argument is "oh it's the most meaningful title per promotion" well take tokyo joshi pro, a sub-brand of dramatic dream team, off this list :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

i'm fine with this it means a vote for brock becomes a vote for cien because why the gently caress is brock on this poll

like if the argument is "oh it's the most meaningful title per promotion" well take tokyo joshi pro, a sub-brand of dramatic dream team, off this list :colbert:

Brock beat AJ Styles the WWE Champion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

the tokyo joshi pro title is the top women's title for DDT. hence them being listed together among the eligible promotions. if there was no raw or smackdown women's title then the nxt women's title would be on the poll. please pay attention to the criteria. though if you are arguing the wwe universal title isn't the top belt in that promotion then clearly you are not serious and should not be engaged with further!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Big Dave posted:

i think this is broken i cant vote for the ace of beyond the bad boy joey janela?

that title is still disputed!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i will DEFINITELY not get invited back to style battle, and i dont give a gently caress

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
everyone who is voting for okada instead of voting also for nick gage is a cop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm voting for Nick Gage but as a None of the Above option instead of actually FOR Nick Gage, so please keep track of that Super No Vacancy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm voting for Nick Gage but as a None of the Above option instead of actually FOR Nick Gage, so please keep track of that Super No Vacancy

His vote total hasn't changed I'm telling the mods.

Wait that would make me a cop caller.

gently caress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

No off the board votes will be tallied! The criteria is objective and benevolent

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly as long as the WWE has a red Fruit Roll up Belt it shouldn't be on any poll. Get Naito to toss it into a trash can/river

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Including Enzo on this was a bold choice.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i submit this photo for your consideration

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/960649756673544192

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He keeps it hidden because he's ashamed of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
given the title I was excited to vote for thatcher but he's not on the poll so write-in vote for Tim

• Locked thread